Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Are Ewoks in this game? Right now I only have the three core books, and I really want to play an Ewok Marauder.

There are no official Ewok stats, but I'm 99% sure they're in the Unofficial Species Menagerie if you're cool with homebrew (everything I've heard about that document is that its very well balanced)

Not Keyser Soze posted:

The GLX Firelance, a blaster rifle with no picture and an impenetrable description, has Disorient but that's as close as the weapons get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
Like almost every other rifle in Star Wars, that is a pistol. It's faintly ridiculous that the RPG mandates a separate skill for them when people have no problem slinging them around one-handed and pretty much nobody actually uses sights.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Valatar posted:

Like almost every other rifle in Star Wars, that is a pistol. It's faintly ridiculous that the RPG mandates a separate skill for them when people have no problem slinging them around one-handed and pretty much nobody actually uses sights.

It's not their fault BlasTech puts the scopes on backwards!!

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

Valatar posted:

Come now, there are plenty of comically oversized rifles in Star Wars covering the other extreme of things. It's just reasonably-sized actual rifles that seem largely absent.

The Firelance is specifically called out as effectively being a carbine in its description; I think in Star Wars that just means its a pistol with a weird stock.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The Old Republic should've been an era where the guns are just the real guns used to make the prop guns from the original trilogy.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

WaywardWoodwose posted:

Are Ewoks in this game? Right now I only have the three core books, and I really want to play an Ewok Marauder.

Ewok Marauder?

Pffft, Ewok Heavy with a light repeater. Yub-yub-ki-ai motherf*cker

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Does the rifle the rebel units on Hoth had count as a carbine? It is a bit short, but feels rifle sized to me.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The prop looks like a dolled up submachine gun (the rifle-ish "barrel" is actually extra stuff mounted a little below the real barrel, as far as I can tell), but gamewise probably some sort of heavy blaster rifle because they're fighting stormtroopers who you can expect to have 5-7 soak.

\/Yeah, there's a lot of greeble on there.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 22, 2016

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Looks like a stripped down AK-47.

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Like most other guns in the OT, it's a WWII gun with sci-fi bits glued on. That one is an StG 44.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The ones used by the commandos on Endor, were built using AR-15 (or some other M16 family rifle) despite supposedly being the same rifle. Explained away In EU as being a newer model.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WWI/WWII surplus weapons used to be cheap as hell, so it makes sense.

BetterWeirdthanDead fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 24, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Yup, they work so well too, some of the more odder shaped ones you wouldn't even need to modify much.

Also, air pistols:

Totally a Tatooine Farm blaster rifle

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I don't know who Fuzz is, but sorry for the bot not being up on the test server the other day. I only got on Discord yesterday and saw you, after some absence.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Serperoth posted:

I don't know who Fuzz is, but sorry for the bot not being up on the test server the other day. I only got on Discord yesterday and saw you, after some absence.

Ah, no worries. I can hop back on to test it... gotta find the channel info again.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Ah, no worries. I can hop back on to test it... gotta find the channel info again.

It's up for ya, I pinged you on there as well. I'll be on for another 90 minutes or so, but I might just leave it on overnight, I'll see how things shape up (or I might ask my friend to do it too)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Sorry to double post, but there's been a kinda major (compared to nothing or just a tiny fix) update to the bot. The GitHub will be updated in the morning (because it's past 2am over here and I still need to test some stuff), but the gist of it is as follows:

-Each roll prints its own result. So if you roll AAA (3x Ability), you'll get three lines of "Rolled an Ability Die, got a <number> for a result of <whatever it says on the conversion table>". Opt-in/out to be implemented later, most likely a lazy "All that poo poo you wrote? Yeah delete that and print nothing", rather than adding a whole bunch of ifs, unless you folks feel that the performance hit is too high.

-Both styles of rolls support lowercase letters instead of just uppercase. Again, if there's other letters that people use, it shouldn't be too hard to add them in, but Fuzz reminded me that lowercase was long overdue :v: I've barely tried it out, but it doesn't break horribly when I try it so it should be good for some tests.

-Might look into doing something with obligation-duty-morality, but I don't know these rules off the top of my head, so I'll need to read up before starting anything.

I can't leave it on overnight, but I plan on having it on all day tomorrow. So if this post is more than 9 hours old for you, click here to hit the bot up. If it's NOT up, @Serperoth on the server to let me know. For reference, if the bot is online and you type !help, it shows a pretty meh help message.

Serperoth fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 28, 2016

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
If you're in my game don't look!!!

I'm running a halloween one-shot special instead of my usual campaign so I'm making a few droid super muderbot mercenaries for the players to play. I'm not too up on what the most powerful combat builds are but I want them to kick lots of rear end while having different specializations (both in the game sense and the general sense). Right now I'm thinking of going with around 525 total xp.

Here are my ideas:
R5-K1 a Mercenary Soldier. Has 5 yellows in leadership cus improved field commander and a built-in blaster rifle with blast 6 and two automatic advantages. Maybe a flamethrower would be better? Also has an internal missle tube for the extra super blast damage. The tactical leader of the group, the player would have the choice of either trying the leadership roll or shooting by themselves. Also has the worse soak and no defense so is a glass cannon.

(no designation) Sharpshooter/Assassin. Basically your normal super long range aimbot. DH-X heavy blaster rifle (no way am I giving this guy auto fire), 19 damage + 6 yellows + the ability to reroll + like 4 sniper shots. Ridiculous.

T4-NK (or some other stupid thing) Agitator/Commando. This guy's a bit different from the other two: he's got 3 defenses, 10 soak, and 19/16 wound/strain. Also a heavy repeating blaster and 5 brawn. lol. This guy can both shoot and use supreme scathing tirade. He's the social leader of the group and is the one that handles the contracts.

Any thoughts on these builds? I want them to be fun to play over anything else and fairly balanced with each other while requiring separate playstyles which is hard to ask. I'm not going melee on any of these cus I want the R5 to be able to trigger blast pretty much whenever he wants.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

You need a melee murderbot named G1-N5-U. Melee murderhobos/bots are hilariously fun to play in this game, particularly if you give them some mobility/reach via grappling launchers, claw tethers, and/or jetpacks.

There's blast shielding for Blast. There is nothing more boss than a robot walking out of an explosion like the Terminator.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

owl milk posted:

Any thoughts on these builds?
Maybe give the flamethrower to the high defense guy? It's short range, if I recall, and the low defense guy may not survive close range.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

owl milk posted:

Good poo poo about MURDERBOTS

Honestly, get your poo poo together son and get some ABC Warriors in there. :v:

I mean, honestly, you get a murderous ex-demolition Droid who likes to repeatedly say 'Big Jobs! Big Jobs!' involuntarily when he's murdering:

(Seriously though, do that. Yes. That.)

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 28, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
As a head's up on a Halloween themed game ideas, remember that Star Wars has had some Halloween elements in the past.

And, hell, one is even canon now.*

*Two, actually, forgot about the brain worms.

Covok fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 28, 2016

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

nelson posted:

Maybe give the flamethrower to the high defense guy? It's short range, if I recall, and the low defense guy may not survive close range.

yeah that sounds good. I chose the modified blaster rifle specifically cus it has medium range.

Shockeh posted:

Honestly, get your poo poo together son and get some ABC Warriors in there. :v:

I mean, honestly, you get a murderous ex-demolition Droid who likes to repeatedly say 'Big Jobs! Big Jobs!' involuntarily when he's murdering:

(Seriously though, do that. Yes. That.)

that's a lot of words that I'm not going to read. I might provide some ideas for their personalities but I want the players to come up with them on their own based on a simple description for the most part.

Also blast shielding isn't gonna help with the missile's blast 20 so no melee. melee bad guys though...

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

owl milk posted:

Also blast shielding isn't gonna help with the missile's blast 20 so no melee. melee bad guys though...

Hence you give him a grapple to pull the bad guys to him. There's also a specific talent in one of the bomber specs where you can make you blasts exclude one or more allies of your choosing... just heavily suggest they take that one.

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
Does anyone have some details on the Light saber crafting in Endless Vigil? Any fun options in the table?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Last session, our group got roped into working for the empire, to destroy a terrorist cell not affilliated with the rebellion. Most of the party is ok with this, and don't mind helping the empire if it involves a fat paycheck, except that we are all pretty sure the empire is going to double cross us. The rest of the party is planning to "triple cross" the empire but I don't think any of us really know what that means. My character is the most loyal to the rebellion and would much rather straight up double cross the empire, but I can't really think of how. The empire's plan might be a straight up assault on their base, or laying an ambush for them to walk into, anyone have any ideas for how I can turn this to the rebellion's advantage?

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

Last session, our group got roped into working for the empire, to destroy a terrorist cell not affilliated with the rebellion. Most of the party is ok with this, and don't mind helping the empire if it involves a fat paycheck, except that we are all pretty sure the empire is going to double cross us. The rest of the party is planning to "triple cross" the empire but I don't think any of us really know what that means. My character is the most loyal to the rebellion and would much rather straight up double cross the empire, but I can't really think of how. The empire's plan might be a straight up assault on their base, or laying an ambush for them to walk into, anyone have any ideas for how I can turn this to the rebellion's advantage?

Get a hidden camera and film the entire operation, then sneak the film over to the Rebels.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

How would that help? And my character is a droid so he is a hidden camera.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

How would that help? And my character is a droid so he is a hidden camera.

edit it together like a propaganda film?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

The empire protecting it's citizens from terrorism isn't exactly the kind of propaganda my character is looking to put out. I was thinking there must be some way to exploit the trust the empire is putting in us, they are willing to commit resources to the assault, ambush, or whatever other plan we come up with.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I guess I meant more like, one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter, something like showing the brutality of the Empire to rally more anti Empire sentiment...

then again, maybe you just film everything and turn it over to the rebels as intel. surely all the access you have can get you into secure rooms and secret meetings. Maybe you can film all higher up personnel to establish possible targets for Rebel Commandos, or highlight imperial troop and supply movements for disruption.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The empire protecting it's citizens from terrorism isn't exactly the kind of propaganda my character is looking to put out. I was thinking there must be some way to exploit the trust the empire is putting in us, they are willing to commit resources to the assault, ambush, or whatever other plan we come up with.

The empire wading in and massacring a bunch of people with zero context is pretty good material for a propaganda film.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Uh... recruit the terrorists to join the Rebellion?

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

These guys hate the rebellion almost as much as they hate the empire. And they are a significant military force, it's not going to be a massacre. I can try to get access to empire intel to turn over to the rebels, I'm the party's slicer, but I don't think we can trust any info we get not directly related to this operation, since the empire would surely be expecting that. I was trying to think of a plan for this operation that would make it easy to turn it around on the empire, or something.

Cobbsprite
May 6, 2012

Threatening stuffed animals for fun and profit.

These guys hate the rebellion almost as much as they hate the empire. And they are a significant military force, it's not going to be a massacre. I can try to get access to empire intel to turn over to the rebels, I'm the party's slicer, but I don't think we can trust any info we get not directly related to this operation, since the empire would surely be expecting that. I was trying to think of a plan for this operation that would make it easy to turn it around on the empire, or something.

What kind of assistance is the Empire giving you? (If any?) Do your contacts with the Rebellion extend enough to point out targets of opportunity for them? Is there anything in the system valuable that the Rebellion would want to hit, but can't with Imperial forces arrayed the way they normally are? Can you pull those forces out of position so someone else can hit them? Can you hypothetically arrange for an Imperial orbital bombardment of Imp ground forces, telling them that it's the enemy? DID YOU GET PAID UP FRONT?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

So you use this op as an olive branch, parley with the terrorists and show them that the Empire hired you guys but you intentionally took the job to warn these guys. You cut a deal with them to do a joint strike on the Imperial outpost you were hired from and then negotiate a deal afterwards wherein they keep their autonomy but maybe stay on non aggressive terms with the Rebellion, with an agreement to try and share info with each other when needed because the Empire is the bigger threat.

I don't see why, "they don't like the Rebellion," just immediately shuts down any sort of possibility of joint stuff. Sabotage the Imperials that attack with you and give them proof that shows you did them a favor. At the least they let you walk away, at best they join you in an attack on the Imperial Base.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

What's their Motivation/ideology/grievance anyway?

People don't just turn terrorist for the joy of terrorism, generally speaking.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Make the empire commit a ton of high powered poo poo to the operation, then leak the empire's intentions to the terrorists to make sure they are ready for the armored division. Film their planning and coordination. Use the chance to put a back door into imperial systems. Sabotage their forces while they are distracted fighting. Alert the rebellion to the movement and have them carry out an operation at the same time somewhere close enough that the imperials attack on the terrorists prevent them from fighting back. Steal munitions/ships/vehicles from the terrorists for later rebel pick up. Tag imperial troops/carriers/ships/gear etc with tracking beacons and give the info to rebels so they can track imperial movements.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

Make the empire commit a ton of high powered poo poo to the operation, then leak the empire's intentions to the terrorists to make sure they are ready for the armored division. Film their planning and coordination. Use the chance to put a back door into imperial systems. Sabotage their forces while they are distracted fighting. Alert the rebellion to the movement and have them carry out an operation at the same time somewhere close enough that the imperials attack on the terrorists prevent them from fighting back. Steal munitions/ships/vehicles from the terrorists for later rebel pick up. Tag imperial troops/carriers/ships/gear etc with tracking beacons and give the info to rebels so they can track imperial movements.

This is the other option. Or install some failsafe overrides into the Imperial systems, tell the terrorists you did it and that they can keep half the Imperial gear, and then just attack the Empire and hope they join in. Have the Rebellion prepped to jump in immediately to reinforce you once you've taken the Interdictor/ISD/whatever so that the terrorists can't try to make a run at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

Cobbsprite posted:

What kind of assistance is the Empire giving you? (If any?) Do your contacts with the Rebellion extend enough to point out targets of opportunity for them? Is there anything in the system valuable that the Rebellion would want to hit, but can't with Imperial forces arrayed the way they normally are? Can you pull those forces out of position so someone else can hit them? Can you hypothetically arrange for an Imperial orbital bombardment of Imp ground forces, telling them that it's the enemy? DID YOU GET PAID UP FRONT?

Assistance: A lot, troops, ships, intel. They are willing to dedicate a main strike force to aid or be a distraction for our group of crazy bastards to do what we do best, which is sow chaos and destruction. We have plenty of rebellion contacts. I don't think the system is particularly useful to anyone, aside from being the base of operations of a group that has made enemies of everyone. We can get imperial forces diverted to the operation, but I don't know if we would leave any particular target under defended, or if we would know where it is anyway. We might be able to swing some kind of friend/foe confusion. We were paid partly in advance, with the rest to be delivered after completion, and I think the empire has a hostage or something so we are forced to do it.

Fuzz posted:

So you use this op as an olive branch, parley with the terrorists and show them that the Empire hired you guys but you intentionally took the job to warn these guys. You cut a deal with them to do a joint strike on the Imperial outpost you were hired from and then negotiate a deal afterwards wherein they keep their autonomy but maybe stay on non aggressive terms with the Rebellion, with an agreement to try and share info with each other when needed because the Empire is the bigger threat.

I don't see why, "they don't like the Rebellion," just immediately shuts down any sort of possibility of joint stuff. Sabotage the Imperials that attack with you and give them proof that shows you did them a favor. At the least they let you walk away, at best they join you in an attack on the Imperial Base.

These guys hate our guts specifically. We were working for them and double crossed them, kidnapped their leader, left him braindead, and sold his comatose body to the empire. Their new leader is a woman who once owned me, and is the ex wife of 2 of the other party members, and all three of us want her dead. This is part of why the rest of the party is ok with working with the empire, we really do want to take these guys out. They are crazy bastards who oppose authority in all forms, to them the rebellion is as bad as the empire, or at least that was their philosophy under their old, now cybernetic empire slave leader, the new leader is more mercenary, mostly out for personal power/wealth as far as we know, but the rest of the organization hates us and wants revenge.

These are bad guys, they really are a mutual enemy of the party, the empire, the rebellion, the black suns, and the hutts, any plan that doesn't involve going through with destroying them is going to get vetoed by the rest of the party anyway. The question is, how can we make this a blow against the empire at the same time?

Edit: I guess I should have mentioned we have underworld connections with the black suns, and my character has bribed/blackmailed a not insignificant portion of the empire as well, if any of this helps. I think the empire expects this to be a suicide mission but is planning to double cross us if we miraculously survive (and we will because it's impossible for PCs to die in this game).

Blackula Vs. Tarantula fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 2, 2016