Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I think I slightly bent something on my glasses, because my vision feels slightly different. I've checked and rechecked them and I can't find that's anything different, so it might just be in my head, but its an odd sensation.

e: unrelated, I'm losing weight, and I need to get a smaller belt because I feel like my pants are falling down all the time and there's not enough holes to cinch the belt up. But I should also buy some thinner pants, to boot, and I don't want to.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:59 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I ate Panda Express AND a donut.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I got an adorable new brown jacket but my everyday boots are black and don't match so now I need to buy a pair of brown ones.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Lunch with family. I overate.

Dinner with friends tonight. I'll likely overeat then too.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I woke up 20 min before my alarm went off, and it threw off my whole morning routine.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
I had to make 2 trips from my car to my appartment because carrying all my expensive purchases + my son was hard :(

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 11:12 on Nov 2, 2016

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I bought some shoes on Amazon and now it keeps recommending I buy those same shoes. I already bought them!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Got a twofer:

1. My trust fund friend won't stop bitching about how hard it is to run an internet video channel, which is evidently all they're doing with their lives. It is hard to sympathize.

2. I have to go to a "skills day" at work which means spending 2 straight hours dealing with co-workers at various stations to re-learn what I already know. I could skip it but if I do I lose the chance for a bonus this year.

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

A dog slammed through his kennel door while I was trying to leash him, and the latch hit me right above the eye, so now I've got a giant lump on my forehead.

Also, I need new work shoes, and I hate shoe shopping because my feet are super wide and really flat, so nothing fits right.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
My feet became super flat from walking in flats too much but I refuse to stop wearing them because they're cute.

I really want fast food but $$$. I could cook similar food myself but it's not the same.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My friend needs me to look after all his pets tomorrow because his apartment is getting an inspection and he's not supposed to have them.

I love the guy but he and his girlfriend just keep getting more and more even with the threat of getting evicted if discovered.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I walked past KFC on my way home today and saw they were selling something called a Hawaiian Double, which appeared to be a Double Down with pineapple. So I went in and ordered one, but what I came out with contained no pineapple and had sweet chilli sauce instead of barbecue. I could have gone back, but it had already taken way longer than I expected and I was half way down the street by then, so I just ate it even though it wasn't what I wanted.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

I walked past KFC on my way home today and saw they were selling something called a Hawaiian Double, which appeared to be a Double Down with pineapple. So I went in and ordered one, but what I came out with contained no pineapple and had sweet chilli sauce instead of barbecue. I could have gone back, but it had already taken way longer than I expected and I was half way down the street by then, so I just ate it even though it wasn't what I wanted.

This reminds me that McDonalds had a special chicken burger here in my country for a short time with sweet chili sauce and extra cheese, also you could make it a double if not even a triple. but since then I haven't seen it and I really long for it.
Actually its good that they don't have it, cause that way I don't eat that much fast food.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My boss has been pretty nice to me lately and hasn't yelled at me for anything, but I feel like he's yelling at several of my coworkers more than usual and I feel guilty about it.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

MisterBibs posted:

I think
e: unrelated, I'm losing weight, and I need to get a smaller belt because I feel like my pants are falling down all the time and there's not enough holes to cinch the belt up. But I should also buy some thinner pants, to boot, and I don't want to.

Congrats once fat goon!

I found a brand of pants (dickies) which I could just walk in and buy without having to try the fit all the time, it's actually a very rewarding sensation going back to the shop and getting the next size down every few months!

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Congrats once fat goon!

Thanks, but I was never fat. :colbert: The best way to describe my size is "The kind of overweight everyone looks at me funny for saying I'm overweight".

Oh, and an update: I think I figured out why my glasses are suddenly slightly distorted: one of the pads that holds up the glasses on my nose is a bit loose and isn't supporting my glasses on my nose. So the band between each glasses is resting on my nose bridge, slightly painfully, and distorting how my eyes see through my glasses.

My prescription never really changes, so I should go get new ones, but I don't want to spend money.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 21:58 on Nov 3, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I would really enjoy taking a mental health day off work but our schedule is poorly managed so we don't have coverage.
It should get better in December but I already have vacation scheduled.

I've had sleeping problems again so I need caffeine to get through work. However the only source around here is coffee that is making my stomach kinda sour. I may need to start bringing in yogurt.

I've shared too much of my current project and I'm losing steam because my brain thinks I'm done with it. I'm not. Not even close but I'm susceptible to this crap.

My GF and I voted. Even for the local measures and reps, we don't have anything to look forward to.

I only have one day off this week.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My friend is getting out of her 4 year marriage and I bite back the urge to scream I TOLD YOU SO. They met playing WoW and she moved to another country to be with him. 11K in debt later and he still can't hold a job and she is finally leaving his rear end.

I have work training on Saturday.

I voted and really really want the weed law to pass. If only because I can get my hyperactive bipolar mom on the poo poo.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I miss mythbusters :(

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

The Snoo posted:

I miss mythbusters :(

Same. At least it will live on forever in science classes as a demonstration of the scientific method. :smith:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They have a Youtube channel now. It's mostly just podcasts about tech and making realistic costumes.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
They're bringing it back as a competition reality show which is assuredly going to suck.

Twat Nosferatu
Aug 14, 2008

I just got a new iPhone 7 plus in gloss black, 256, but I am really upset with Apple for STILL not allowing different icons or customization with their OS. I would really like sharp edges for my apps and customizable widgets.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I hate when I see a show about an interesting topic like the Titanic and its not, for example: Rather than just telling me a bunch of neat facts and cool stories about the Titanic it is one of those shows where they have a film crew following around some submersible retards as they look at a piece of underwater rust or some other stupid poo poo like that.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I got an adorable new brown jacket but my everyday boots are black and don't match so now I need to buy a pair of brown ones.

My camera case is brown, and it clips to the belt, so I need to wear a brown belt if I'm wearing it, but I have no brown shoes at all :(

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A podcast I really like (The Flop House) there is one host that gets too excited sometimes. He interrupts the other two quite a lot and railroads the conversation. He's funny and intelligent but so are the other guys!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I had the weirdest craving for m&ms tonight and when I went to the vending machine it was the one candy out of order

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
I got to meet the professor for the printmaking class here and got a tour of the studio and everything. I really want to take that class but I should probably take one that would help me graduate sooner instead.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I've had really bad insomnia lately. I finally managed to get some good sleep but I feel kind of off still. It's wood kiln firing weekend and my bleh feeling is interfering with enjoying it properly.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I have a lovely queen size bed but if my fiance is out of town the cats will only sleep on my side of the bed. If I don't move they'll be jumping on and off of me intermittently all night trying to get at my spot.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

My cat usually starts meowing at me at 3am on the dot but now because of Daylight Savings Time she meows at me at 2am on the dot.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kcgreen/this-is-fine-plush-dog

quote:

We will be sending a Backer Survey around November where the final shipping addresses will be plugged in.

Ugh it's been November FOREVER and still nothing!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Getting the jury duty notice for a town an hour away, and being told to stop bitching about having to do my civic duty. I wouldn't mind missing work (for no pay) if it wasn't an hour from my loving house, during non-rush hour times!

I hate that Shark Week is bullshit shows about shark attacks, and nothing at all about their biology or overfishing or anything other than loving scare garbage.

My friend who is thinking about divorce keeps going back and forth between if she should or not. Because her husband posted some Facebook meme about how much he loves her and how great she is and....none of which changes the fact she is 11k of debt due to him never keeping a job but spending like mad!

I tried to use a pay parking meter downtown, and all but a single street of them now require an app. So you download the app, have to make a profile, link it to a credit card, and then the app had technical difficulties and wouldn't proceed. I ended up paying to use a parking garage instead. Why can't the drat meters just have loving credit card or Google Pay or Apple Pay slots?

My Sprite isn't cold enough to drink yet.

And my other friend is spending his days and nights whining how his Black Friday tradition is now ruined because stores are opening on Thanksgiving. What tradition? He and his friends would park it in front of Best Buy or Walmart or somewhere super early and be like the 10th people in line. And they would wait and chat and one would go get food and coffee and come back and they'd hang out all night tills doors would open. But now that is ruined for him because he doesn't want to line up on Thanksgiving.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
SHUT I tried to edit and iPhone deleted the whole thing. Thanks iPhone. And there's the ever-clever autocorrect.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 13:08 on Nov 8, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I managed to get election day off.
I've already voted but I want to go to a local pub that will put on CNN for me while I drown myself.
However, my politically engaged friends will be busy with work or other activities.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
Ugh I was waiting for a package to come and it never did, even though there was people here all day. Fedex sucks major rear end

I also have to run tests tomorrow all day

Ughhhh

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Sweet As Sin posted:

Ugh I was waiting for a package to come and it never did, even though there was people here all day. Fedex sucks major rear end

I also have to run tests tomorrow all day

Ughhhh

Got a tracking number?

Here is what I tell everyone with the holidays coming up. You have a nearby Fedex Office or a UPS store? HAVE YOUR poo poo SENT THERE. ALL OF IT. FIND THE NEAREST ONE TO YOUR FAR OFF FAMILY AND HOLD AT LOCATION. I can't tell you how many fuckers chase after those box trucks and scoop up boxes left on porches during this time of year.

FWP: I am no longer sick so my body is in EAT EVERYTHING overdrive since I lost weight due to not eating for a few days, beyond chicken noodle soup.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I wanted Chinese food and grilled cheese for dinner. I chose Chinese food. Now I want grilled cheese, but I'm too full for it.

I miss baseball.

I want to go to bed, but I'm not going to be able to sleep until I know who wins the election.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
My package got here but a piece was missing and I had to pay taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm freaking out.