Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ice_Mallet posted:

Oh, thanks for the warning then. Will Pokemon Bank not update for S/M until then or something?

yeah, that's when s/m and r/b/y support is being added. i dont know why they always put that poo poo off; they did it with dream world too and it was dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ice_Mallet posted:

Oh, thanks for the warning then. Will Pokemon Bank not update for S/M until then or something?

Yeah, you'll be able to use Bank with SuMo in January. Did the same with Gen VI.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

corn in the bible posted:

yeah, that's when s/m and r/b/y support is being added. i dont know why they always put that poo poo off; they did it with dream world too and it was dumb as hell

They want people to be stuck with the Alola mons for a while and mainly use the new stuff. It's kinda dumb.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
They want you to make new friends, you can keep the old

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Dr. Fetus posted:

They want people to be stuck with the Alola mons for a while.

I'm a-ok with that! Decidueye, Pallossand, Alolan exeggutor, morelull's evo, Mudsdale, Kommo-o and Drampa, god drat a lot of good mons there.

Oh and loving Wimpod's evo! Its going to be hard to choose a team...

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

cheetah7071 posted:

I'd be astonished if there wasn't something similar to the friend safari to expand the pokedex postgame. Though waiting until other people have beaten the game so you can have your preferred team sounds like my definition of a personal hell.

Sounds like the European release date...

So yeah, I expect all of you NA folk to poopsock the game so I have access to some of those new Alolan pals early on.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
They better have the daycare/breeding available early on so someone can send me a Rowlett egg!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like it when gym leaders and elite 4 members use pokemon outside of their type speciality

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

sharrrk posted:

i like it when gym leaders and elite 4 members use pokemon outside of their type speciality

Wasn't the last time this happened Gen IV with Flint?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

volkner in diamond and pearl and karen are two of my favorite gym leaders and elite four members for that reason

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

sharrrk posted:

volkner in diamond and pearl and karen are two of my favorite gym leaders and elite four members for that reason

iirc the entire e4 in gen 1 has at least one pokemon not of their specialty

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

Whiscash is okay at best

This the worst post I've ever seen.

Whiscash is the greatest pokemon there can be.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

iirc the entire e4 in gen 1 has at least one pokemon not of their specialty

Yep. Lorelai has a Slowbro, Bruno has 2 Onix, Agatha has a Golbat and Arbok and Lance has Aerodactyl and Gyarados.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Ice_Mallet posted:

I just Pre-ordered/Pre-downloaded Sun because I liked the Sun exclusives better.

I want the game to be a little hard by the end so I'm just not going to evolve my pokemon until after beating the game. Going with this team:

Hopefully there's a place in-game we can get Everstones easily. Mashing the B button after every fight is annoying.

Thank you for reminding me about Morelull.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Why hasn't Nintendo shipped this game to retailers so someone can steal a copy and leak everything yet

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

agatha is the ghost type expert, but the only type her pokemon all have in common is poison

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

sharrrk posted:

agatha is the ghost type expert, but the only type her pokemon all have in common is poison

Thats because they stupidly decided to have a Ghost-expert and Dragon-expert in a gen with 1 ghost line and 1 dragon line. There are more than enough Bugs, Flying and Normal types to have full teams and no one specializes in them until Gen II.

People talk about Sinnoh being bad with Fire types but it was miles better than Gen I or II were with Ghost, Dragon, Ghost and Steel types in total.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Lance is the Flying Champion in Gen 2.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

sharrrk posted:

Koga would sue.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Crosspeice posted:

Lance is the Flying Champion in Gen 2.

Maybe he shouldn't say this then :colbert:

quote:

"I’ve been waiting for you. <Player>! I knew that you, with your skills, would eventually reach me here. There's no need for words now. We will battle to determine who is the stronger of the two of us. As the most powerful trainer and as the Pokémon League Champion… I, Lance the dragon master, accept your challenge!"

...also how long has Bulbapedia had all quotes from every NPC in the game in it? :psyduck:

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Koga would sue.

how do you think he joined the elite 4?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Pentaro posted:

Thank you for reminding me about Morelull.

Its evo is really bad though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Zore posted:

People talk about Sinnoh being bad with Fire types but it was miles better than Gen I or II were with Ghost, Dragon, Ghost and Steel types in total.

Gen II was fine for Steel, especially as an introductory gen and anno 1999. Steelix, Forretress, Magneton, Scizor, Skarmory. All very cool and almost a full team on one type alone.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

less laughter posted:

Gen II was fine for Steel, especially as an introductory gen and anno 1999. Steelix, Forretress, Magneton, Scizor, Skarmory. All very cool and almost a full team on one type alone.

Yeah, I meant to type Dark there.

Total Dark types before the Elite Four: Umbreon.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

umbreon is a pretty good one, to be fair

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My least favourite type is Fighting, so I would probably roll with Lucario, Mienshao, Pangoro and Bewear.

Also, some people seem to have forgotten that Sharpedo is a fish.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
No Guard Fissure Machamp looking good so far

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
If we're still doing the least favorite type gym thing, I'd go for Dark. Fifth or sixth gym.

Crookodile, Scrafty, Pangoro, and Zoroark. Possibly Greninja.

Edit: Scratch that. I like Poison slightly less than Dark. Let's go Poison.

Venusaur, Toxicroak, Crobat, and Venipede.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 1, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i dont have a least favorite type, its just not something ive ever considered

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012
I was really hoping Morelull would evolve like Dugtrio but into a Fairy ring.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
We got a ring which is a fairy instead, good enough

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I'd go for a Grass Gym.

EDIT: Or possibly Ludicolo instead of Tangrowth.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

less laughter posted:

That wouldn't make sense since fairies are nature spirits, so they (e.g. Florges and Tapu Bulu) live in harmony with Grass-types and not in an averserial relationship like how they're weak to Poison or how Dragons can't touch them.

It makes perfect sense if you believe it to be something along the lines of "fairies (Fairy) would never harm nature (Grass)."

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I think the fact that rock and ground are two different types is dumb as hell

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think fairy is my least favorite type.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my gym, rather than being type-based, is only pokemon who use moves that you hate. spore, knock off, probably others

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Rock sucks because its entire raison d'être is being annoying trash mobs in boring cave dungeons

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Scald, also scald

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

corn in the bible posted:

Rock sucks because its entire raison d'être is being annoying trash mobs in boring cave dungeons

Unless they're fossils.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Scholtz posted:

If you guys had to be the gym leader of your least favorite type, who would your 3-4 mon team be?

Eugh Rock-type gym leader I'm probably the first one so probably a loving Geodude, a Rockruff, and Onix are some poo poo.