Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
it is. I still like it though.

I got a tour of a coffee farm in Hawaii years ago and it was the coolest thing, almost as cool as driving around the mountain in Maui

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
should've roasted seeds sooner than yesterday afternoon, because i ran out halfway through prepping my cup this morning

filled out the balance with pilon but had to add a bunch of milk to make it drinkable

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

had my morning Ardi beans and now I'm settled in to review for a midterm at 3:30pm today

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

also is it normal if you go a while without cleaning you burr grinder for it to completely throw off the size markers after cleaning? I cleaned the grinder after several months of use, set the size back to where it was, ran the same beans through, and the grounds came out huge. I took the hopper and the burr assembly apart again just to make sure everything was seated correctly, and it looks right.

did I just neglect it for too long and should clean it more often?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

haveing coffee in the afternoon

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Jonny 290 posted:

wasnt there _just_ a huge thing about how hawaiian coffee is super overrated

as opposed to blue bottle and all the other overrated hipster beans?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
No, as opposed to a fuckin' bag of eight o clock, which its not much better than

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

i buy whatever bag is around $6 at th esupermarket

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
yo tell me more about that cat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

droinking coffee

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Inspector_666 posted:

yo tell me more about that cat

she's hilarious and also a shitbird

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
i am completely out of beans and this is pretty unacceptable

are there any bespoke artisinal beans that i can order from the internet that you kindly folks would recommend? otherwise i'm gonna hit up trader joe's again for a tin.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
CHUGGIN BEANS

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

are there any bespoke artisinal beans that i can order from the internet that you kindly folks would recommend? otherwise i'm gonna hit up trader joe's again for a tin.

this is my hometown roast!!

http://www.montealto.com/order-coffee/

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

YEAH

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
the sludge is dark and beany this am

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

get the sa-mart beanz

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Glans Dillzig posted:

get the sa-mart beanz
Still haven't tried these yet, local bean options just too good

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

i'm ordering from the goon coffee guy and a bag of beans from captain foo's coffee joint of choice.

will post sludge report.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm ordering from the goon coffee guy and a bag of beans from captain foo's coffee joint of choice.

will post sludge report.

:yayclod: i've usually gone with the breakfast blend or one of the peruvians, lemme know what you think!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

will post sludge report.

:yayclod: i've usually gone with the breakfast blend or one of the peruvians, lemme know what you think!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
c coffee s:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Sniep posted:

c coffee s:

I like their Tantalizing Turkish, but Tesora is a safe choice

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I like their Tantalizing Turkish, but Tesora is a safe choice

sipping on a iced mocha tesora sweet & creamy rn

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Work is adding better quality free beans next week #blessed

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
my schedule's been early this week so i've already had my sludge before 8a

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

At a lovely meeting but there's free coffee

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cocoa Crispies posted:

my schedule's been early this week so i've already had my sludge before 8a

why stop there, friend

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Major Dickinson's Dork Roast

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

looking to get a burr grinder since according to the internet i've been doing it wrong all this time with a bar grinder for my french press

any recommendations or will any poo poo do the job?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

looking to get a burr grinder since according to the internet i've been doing it wrong all this time with a bar grinder for my french press

*pouring random coffee into cheap coffee machine* burr grinder? idk, just put your beans in a bag and slam it a bit with a rock

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

alright, i'll give it a whirl.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I hate everything today except those beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

if you want a relatively low cost but still reasonable one, i have this and i think so do a couple others itt: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cuisinart-DBM8U-Coffee-Grinder-Brushed/dp/B00B0W451W

been using it for several years and it does the job, it's a flat grinder though. the more expensive cone grinders will give you better and more consistent control over the fineness of your grind

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

big scary monsters posted:

if you want a relatively low cost but still reasonable one, i have this and i think so do a couple others itt: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cuisinart-DBM8U-Coffee-Grinder-Brushed/dp/B00B0W451W

been using it for several years and it does the job, it's a flat grinder though. the more expensive cone grinders will give you better and more consistent control over the fineness of your grind

:same:

this is the one I have and it grinds beans plenty good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

one of my coworkers today was double-fisting bean sludge

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Captain Foo posted:

one of my coworkers today was double-fisting bean sludge

good man

or woman

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

big scary monsters posted:

can confirm, is good and needs-suiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

a good grinder is dope af and worth getting a good one