Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Ahahaha It's cool. He hit them up on the way back from his humanely grown and slaughtered Fogo De Chao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Lolol.

One learns which battles are worth fighting when one gets a really cool girlfriend who's also a Costco shopper.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Also Costco rules

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Agreed. Now that you've decided to check out Costco you really need to check out my favorite buys are the giant jars of artichoke hearts for $10 and the roaster chickens that are 2/$6. Plus you can't beat the $1.49 hot dog and drink lunch combo when you're there.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I enjoy the 50# bag of bread flour

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
pls don't grocershame me and my 2 gallon tubs of pretzel rods and off-brand cheese puffs

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Nov 1, 2016

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
It's here! It's here!

I'm pretty sure the main point of contention between Cooks Illustrated and Christopher Kimball was whether he got to keep writing folksy essays or not

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 1, 2016

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Steve Yun posted:

It's here! It's here!

I'm pretty sure the main point of contention between Cooks Illustrated and Christopher Kimball was whether he got to keep writing folksy essays or not

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

lol that cartoon of him

the world needs much, much less Christopher Kimball

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Speaking of which...

America’s Test Kitchen sues former star Christopher Kimball

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Holy poo poo I didn't even process in my head that that wasn't Cooks Illustrated, even though I clearly read "Milk Street".

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Lolol.

One learns which battles are worth fighting when one gets a really cool girlfriend who's also a Costco shopper.

He abandoned his principles when he gave up vegetarianism and it's been all downhill from there.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

The review section of Christopher Kimball's new magazine only list items that he recommends. I find this less useful, because Cooks illustrated not only told you what was good, but which ones to avoid as well.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Christopher kimball's hot new take: maillard is for losers

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 2, 2016

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Someone still has a chip on their shoulder about Kenji's pie crust recipe

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

OK, I think I can guess who the core audience for this magazine is

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Steve Yun posted:

Christopher kimball's hot new take: maillard is for losers

I misread that as 'Milk steak basics' which would make sense given the headline.

Stuparoni
Nov 2, 2016

Just... hee hee
Stinky tofu. Smells like a fine cheese. Tastes like a fermented sock.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Lolol.

do I even loving know you anymore

did I ever loving know you

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
please rename gws to 'christopher kimball sucks allballs' or something, christ this milk street thing makes my eyes burn

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The fact that kimball thinks everything is too spicy was a running gag on ATK. This is exactly what I expected when I heard he was going to make scary ethnic recipes more accessible for dumb people or some poo poo. It's like Rachel Ray, just dumb poo poo down instead of teaching anyone anything of value.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Wait, is this thing serious and not like satire?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
mindphlux presents

the milktoast weekly

In this week's magazine:
  • brining turkeys? nahhhh, gently caress it!
  • vietnamese recipies without pesky fish sauce
  • stuffing pleasers
  • 18 halloween tips one mom discover and cops hate
  • unitaskers shortlist : kitchen items we crave
  • smorgasbord? shortbreadboard!
  • hunt's tomatoes : which can to buy
  • 11 easy ways to use your microwave

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

mindphlux posted:

mindphlux presents

the milktoast weekly

In this week's magazine:
  • stuffing pleasers

I don't know about this magazine other than what I've just seen here, but it looks like you neglected a crucial one: reducing flavour in your food: five easy shortcuts!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mindphlux posted:

mindphlux presents

the milktoast weekly

In this week's magazine:
  • stuffing pleasers

•Tort law: breach of contract and intellectual property theft, I have questions

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

mindphlux posted:

mindphlux presents

the milktoast weekly

In this week's magazine:
  • stuffing pleasers

Trigger warning that stuff man!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

mindphlux posted:

mindphlux presents

the milktoast weekly

In this week's magazine:
  • stuffing pleasers

Perfect

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Dad used to watch Cook's Country and ATK all the time when we were growing up til he got either bored / fed up with it. It was never really clear why he stopped watching.

The impression I always got was that in the later seasons Kimball looked like he really didn't want to be there, and the light banter between him and the chefs turned into this weird silent passive aggressive "let's get this over with" attitude. Maybe I just watched a few off episodes.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Nahh man you got it. He's a dick to everyone by the time he left. Just snide remarks like "This is either the dumbest thing you've ever done or the smartest thing you've ever done" to someone making a laminated pizza dough.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

mindphlux posted:

mindphlux presents

the milktoast weekly

[*]hunt's tomatoes : which can to buy

[/list]

This is the best one because ATK shills them continually as the best canned tomatoes you can buy

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I hate Chris Kimball, but that Lekue cooking mesh is honestly a great little tool. Far from a unitasker. Excellent for making nice bland poached eggs to go with your unbrowned stew and sweetened harissa.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Oh my god that is the whitest loving thing I have ever seen anyone do. The write up in the NYT on CK from June 1st is cringe worthy painful to read

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...7bb4_story.html

THERE'S GOING TO BE A MILK STREET TV SERIES TOO

quote:

The suit alleges that Kimball also sought out PBS affiliate WGBH in Boston as Milk Street’s “presenting station,” meaning it works to market a show, get stations to pick it up and ensure programmers schedule it at an optimal hour. ATK “was forced to change its presenting station for the 2017 season,” the suit says (it’s now Arlington-based WETA), because WGBH would otherwise be presenting three shows with Kimball as host, due to broadcasts of the current seasons and reruns. Milk Street is filming its first season, with a projected air date of fall 2017.

edit:

quote:

According to a Sept. 26, 2015, email that the suit quotes, Kimball wrote to Bishop: “I’m not interested in going head to head with ATK — too much at stake financially, and I’m not that lame!”

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Nov 3, 2016

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

I'm pretty sure Christopher Kimball is a lameness elemental actually

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Christopher Kimball went outside once. Shortly before he caught on fire, three people went temporarily snowblind.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Oh my god that is the whitest loving thing I have ever seen anyone do. The write up in the NYT on CK from June 1st is cringe worthy painful to read

But didn't you want to know that CK is a "student of spice"?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Hauki posted:

But didn't you want to know that CK is a "student of spice"?

One must know one's enemy.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Well, gently caress.
https://twitter.com/cookingwithdog/status/795281612736843776
I've been fearing this for a while since Francis has spent more time napping and lying down over the past year or so, as well as the fact that it's a 9 year old YouTube channel. I guess the fact that a video wasn't uploaded Friday prepared me for the worst. I'm not shocked but I am sad.

Now I really gotta make that garlic steak that will forever be the last recipe with Francis (I highly doubt this is gonna be the end of the channel, since it didn't when Chef was in that horrific bike accident, plus there's the 1 million+ subscribers).

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

get that OUT of my face posted:

Well, gently caress.
https://twitter.com/cookingwithdog/status/795281612736843776
I've been fearing this for a while since Francis has spent more time napping and lying down over the past year or so, as well as the fact that it's a 9 year old YouTube channel. I guess the fact that a video wasn't uploaded Friday prepared me for the worst. I'm not shocked but I am sad.

Now I really gotta make that garlic steak that will forever be the last recipe with Francis (I highly doubt this is gonna be the end of the channel, since it didn't when Chef was in that horrific bike accident, plus there's the 1 million+ subscribers).

Francis was a good boy. The best boy. He will be missed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Oh my gosh, that's so drat sad. I'm going to make all the meals I've been putting of since I started watching that channel. And probably serve my dogs some tempura chicken treats after hugging them ferociously.

What a good dog. So many people are saddened by this because all he did was sit patiently and watch Chef cook, just like us :3: