Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Juaguocio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W25t7wXLVfw

"Yeah, you! loving son of a bitch! Chicken poo poo!"

Bad rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smellyhead
Jun 20, 2003
Cabbages smell funny too.

Watching videos of Hakeem will never get tired. The dude had the greatest footwork we will probably ever see. It makes me long for someone with a bad arse post game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Stockton is still top five favorite players of all time for me.

- Average sized white guy

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Technology continues to embarrass our NBA stars:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nd-Scottie.html

milk milk lemonade posted:

That's loving incredible. I didn't look at the advanced stats because I didn't think this was possible on a cursory glance of their stats.

Irving had a higher ORTG and lower DRTG though :colbert:

Yea, Kyrie and LBJ easily had higher GmSc's than anyone on the Warriors last year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/793590581637316608

NBA is the greatest sport.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/JeramiGrant/status/793572491780390912?s=09

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

It truly is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Official name is now the Process

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/793592291579559942

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
if i could go back in time and video record any one moment it'd probably be "merry loving christmas"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Dexo posted:

NBA is the greatest sport.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Noctone posted:

if i could go back in time and video record any one moment it'd probably be "merry loving christmas"

Poor poor Chuck Person.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
what do you suppose the warriors did for halloween? sat around and ate 73 sugar cookies and then shat on the couch?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

I thought Ben Simmons was the culmination of The Process

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

lol lebron's all "u mad" GSW is all "yes of course!"

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Carlosologist posted:

this is a good take on what OKC's offense can be (it's The Ringer but they have good basketball stuff)

https://theringer.com/russell-westbrooks-liberation-tour-is-everything-we-d-hoped-it-d-be-6c35a6c0c5b5#.mejzwym7b

They're gonna get punished and realize they overpaid Victor Oladipo.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is my poo poo all day. I hope Lebron brings back petty mud slinging. I wanna see mascot effigies burned next.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dinwiddie discussing DBZ

https://twitter.com/SDinwiddie_25/status/793301894361853952

Sam Hinkie is a martyr

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Declan MacManus posted:

head2head don't matter otherwise we would think Deron is better than Chris Paul

JV could be good someday whereas Drummond is actually good right now

gently caress WIZ KHALIFA *airhorn*

rip lance

Spoken like a man who literally never watches JV play

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Adun posted:

I thought Ben Simmons was the culmination of The Process

Maybe, but Embiid is its spiritual grounding.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Embiid is Muad'Dib, Simmons is Leto II.

/nerdalert

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

/nerdalert

Hinkie is Duke Leto

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Psshhh.

Hinkie is the Bene Geserit. They created the Process but get no credit for it and no control over it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man JV is good but unless he finally gets more minutes (they're there this year so far but I have Casey PTSD) it's kind of a moot point iunnno why you're dying on this hill here. He's a promising young center. He's efficient as hell in the post via his silly pump fakes and running hook and has a good elbow jumper, but he's not a great rim protector and psyches himself out. He's not in Drummond or Whiteside's tier unless we're talking about a theoretical JV on some team that features him more heavily. He could get there (I hope) but who knows. Even then it's kind of apples and oranges because those guys play pretty dramatically differently from him.

On the plus side there's nothing like playing games against Drummond to make you feel great about having a big that can actually hit their free throws. It's a little thing that goes a looooooong way for reducing my anxiety late game.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

EvanTH posted:

lol lebron's all "u mad" GSW is all "yes of course!"

https://gfycat.com/UncomfortableFortunateBrahmancow

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

IN late, but mods please make this the background of something

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

If Evan believes it so do I!!! Let's go grant 👏👏👏

Its essentially a swap of a mediocre stretch 4 who can't defend or attack closeouts for an athletic dynamo of an SF who needs a jumper or to become a great defender to have value. I like the gamble

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

James Harden is a better point guard than D.S.S. Nash

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ersan had value at one point but he looks cooked to me out there. So I guess the question is if you think Grant is better than some guy at the back end of the first round.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

kiimo posted:

/nerdalert

Yeah but unlike the 76ers, Dune is good

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

WhyteRyce posted:

Ersan had value at one point but he looks cooked to me out there. So I guess the question is if you think Grant is better than some guy at the back end of the first round.

Honestly? Yeah, probably. Grant's only 22 and shows promise, it's a not a bad gamble. Thunder are trying to assemble a young core, not develop new rookies. I mean superficially those two things go together but there's a pretty big difference between a third year player and a first year player. Between it and the Oladipo/Adams extensions it seems to me like the team is trying to show Westbrook they're serious about giving him a consistent young core to work with.

e: holy poo poo i just looked at the grizzlies starting lineup for tonight who the gently caress are these people

Wade Baldwin IV
Troy Williams
JayMychel Green
James Ennis
Jarell Martin

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 2, 2016

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

attackmole posted:

Man JV is good but unless he finally gets more minutes (they're there this year so far but I have Casey PTSD) it's kind of a moot point iunnno why you're dying on this hill here. He's a promising young center. He's efficient as hell in the post via his silly pump fakes and running hook and has a good elbow jumper, but he's not a great rim protector and psyches himself out. He's not in Drummond or Whiteside's tier unless we're talking about a theoretical JV on some team that features him more heavily. He could get there (I hope) but who knows. Even then it's kind of apples and oranges because those guys play pretty dramatically differently from him.

On the plus side there's nothing like playing games against Drummond to make you feel great about having a big that can actually hit their free throws. It's a little thing that goes a looooooong way for reducing my anxiety late game.

JV is cool and missed out on some exposure being injured during the playoffs. Even if he's lagging behind Drummond, Whiteside, etc. his contract essentially makes up the difference.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

attackmole posted:

e: holy poo poo i just looked at the grizzlies starting lineup for tonight who the gently caress are these people
Wade Baldwin IV
Troy Williams
JayMychel Green
James Ennis
Jarell Martin

I can tell you there may have been at least 3 other people named Wade Baldwin. That's about it.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://streamable.com/6wjf
How

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

lmao

is he wearing headphones or what the gently caress is on his head

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
They look like the ear guards rugby players and wrestlers sometimes wear to protect against cauliflower ear but I've never seen em in an NBA game before. Might be protecting an ear that got banged up in practice? gently caress if I know.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

oh no :(

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Has this been discussed already?

"The ghosts were all over me. I just accepted it," World Peace said, via The Orange County Register. "They touched me all over the place. I’m taking one of the ghosts to court for touching me in the wrong places."

http://newsok.com/metta-world-peace-sexually-assaulted-by-ghost-at-skirvin/article/5524878

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jo noah is the absolute best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So my dad has a decent nickname for Paul George, "John Ringo"

• Locked thread