Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

I notice that Ple is fighting a SEED Destiny enemy in the trailer, I guess ZZ won't have many enemy units if any.
Did you miss the bit where Athrun kicks a Doven Wolf in the face?

Dr Pepper posted:

So wait are we actually having selectable protagonists for the first time since Z1?
If the "Use Grungust/Huckebein right out of the gate" DLC is any indication, it seems that the Originals made by the Cross Omega artist are the leads, with the other two Originals joining up later on. That said, the characters didn't have the usual "Main Character/Heroine" designation, so maybe we are getting selectable protagonists once again. Speaking of the originals, their robot is designed by the Linebarrels' art team, right? It looks a hell of a lot like their style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Well it looks like I'll need to get a Singapore PSN account now for the bonuses. I still want a hard copy of the game though, so I'll have to see where the premium english version goes on sale.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Hokuto posted:

I liked Athrun's Char Kick? F91 is good. Puru had good animations. And maybe this time we won't have any reason to do a bunch of griping about the female lead being relegated to support pilot. :v:

Hey Banpresto, relegate the male lead to the support pilot role, thanks. (this will never happen)

Hunter Noventa posted:

Well it looks like I'll need to get a Singapore PSN account now for the bonuses. I still want a hard copy of the game though, so I'll have to see where the premium english version goes on sale.

I hope I can get my hands on it from somewhere besides Play-Asia

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
The best Banpresto original is now Mazin Emperor G, by a wide margin. I hope we get a V2 featuring Mazinger Angels.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cheap Trick posted:

Hey Banpresto, relegate the male lead to the support pilot role, thanks. (this will never happen)

Isn't that what Russel is for? I mean, Katina's in charge of the Type-3, so he's gotta be doing something while she's handling the important stuff like cutting things and shouting.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Oh drat I actually did not watch the beginning of the trailer earlier this morning and I can now say I can get behind another post-apocalyptic SRW setting.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm happy to see that glorious bastard Yazan back. May he never die again.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope we get ZZ Yazan and not Z Yazan.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I just rewatched it and noticed Seabook sporting his post-Crossbone scar in the F91. Here's hoping he outright replaces the crap guy in the blue F91.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

I just rewatched it and noticed Seabook sporting his post-Crossbone scar in the F91. Here's hoping he outright replaces the crap guy in the blue F91.
Nah, chances are fairly high that Harrison Martin will make his return to SRW in this game as well.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

HitTheTargets posted:

Also his name is displayed as Kinkaid.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Oh Banpresto.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Dammit, looks like I need to get a third memory card for my Vita so I can have a SIngapore account.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

GilliamYaeger posted:

Oh Banpresto.

[jiggle in time to the Banpresto jingle]

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010

GilliamYaeger posted:

Oh Banpresto.

Banbreasto.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

HitTheTargets posted:

The best Banpresto original is now Mazin Emperor G, by a wide margin. I hope we get a V2 featuring Mazinger Angels.

Same, been saying that forever. And Cutey Honey better at least be a secret unit.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

GilliamYaeger posted:

Oh Banpresto.

That's honestly a clever design.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Which version of Great Mazinger is in the preview?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Isn't that what Russel is for? I mean, Katina's in charge of the Type-3, so he's gotta be doing something while she's handling the important stuff like cutting things and shouting.

...I haven't tried this yet in the OG game! I meant "by default" but point taken.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Daler Mehndi posted:

Which version of Great Mazinger is in the preview?
Something new: Mazin Emperor.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Samurai Sanders posted:

Something new: Mazin Emperor.

No, there's a Great much earlier, too (1:06, unless I really have my Mazingers confused).

I assume it's just kind of a generically polished Great to go with the original Shin Mazinger before they get bumped into ZERO and Mazin Emperor G.

Prism fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 1, 2016

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Cheap Trick posted:

Kusuha tried that, and we all saw what happened to her.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Prism posted:

No, there's a Great much earlier, too (1:06, unless I really have my Mazingers confused).

I assume it's just kind of a generically polished Great to go with the original Shin Mazinger before they get bumped into ZERO and Mazin Emperor G.

Thats what it is.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Prism posted:

Yes, that's the one I meant. Great Mazinger's head showed up as a silhouette in the Shin Mazinger anime, so it's hard to tell if they based it on that. I've seen from scans that it also shows up in the Shin Mazinger Zero manga, but only in the parts that haven't been scanlated, and even then only individual pages I glimpsed a while ago, so I couldn't tell for sure.

Honestly I'm not even sure which Tetsuya it's meant to be.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Download version of the AniSong edition has been confirmed for PS4 and Vita which is nice. Just gotta hope licensing allows the english language version to get it too.

Daler Mehndi posted:

Yes, that's the one I meant. Great Mazinger's head showed up as a silhouette in the Shin Mazinger anime, so it's hard to tell if they based it on that. I've seen from scans that it also shows up in the Shin Mazinger Zero manga, but only in the parts that haven't been scanlated, and even then only individual pages I glimpsed a while ago, so I couldn't tell for sure.

Terada has said that he'll shout a lot so maybe a more excitable guy that would fit in Shin but not any version specifically.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Daler Mehndi posted:

I'm pretty certain it's Shin Mazinger Tetsuya, the cut-in for Breast Burn is a dead ringer for the shot of him in the second OP here.

(Words cannot express how excited I became for this game when I saw Great in that PV)

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 1, 2016

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

EthanSteele posted:

Download version of the AniSong edition has been confirmed for PS4 and Vita which is nice. Just gotta hope licensing allows the english language version to get it too.

I sure hope so, though if it supports custom BGM, it's not a real problem. I already purchased a lot of these Gundam songs (and stuff like Getter Robo and EVA) and have been using the vocal versions on my Vita and PS3 with SRWZ3.

Also, PS4 doesn't support MP3s on the system itself, right? You need a USB device plugged in, right? Or has this changed? Cause worst case, I just pop in a USB drive with all my imported songs... unless they don't let you use songs from outside the game which would be a real bummer.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

AradoBalanga posted:

Nah, chances are fairly high that Harrison Martin will make his return to SRW in this game as well.

Bleh. I just want to believe that Seabook and Judau 'Gray Stork' Ashta will join the Steel 7 instead of some randos.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

add harrison martin's theme and silhouette formula f91's theme if you're gonna put 'em in the game banpresto please and thanks

just the latter is okay too
gimme some of that silhouette formula f91 and ex-s gundam i aint give a poo poo about no seedsters

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Tribladeofchaos posted:

:swoon: That trailer was amazing! I'm especially glad Puru is playable again too, hopefully we'll get to do ZZ's plot as well. Also I guess I'll end up using Ange if her animations are that cool, Tusk however is never leaving the bench.

i hope tusk isn't even playable

or if he is, relegate him to his dumb hoverbike and forget to program in a love bonus (but don't forget hilda's)

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Kusuha tried that, and we all saw what happened to her.

I honestly don't know what you mean by this. I may be having a brain freeze

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cheap Trick posted:

I honestly don't know what you mean by this. I may be having a brain freeze

She was the protagonist in Alpha and got shunted into support roles for most of OGs.

Bullet didn't even have the good grace to get kidnapped and mind controlled! I am still salty about that.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I sure hope so, though if it supports custom BGM, it's not a real problem. I already purchased a lot of these Gundam songs (and stuff like Getter Robo and EVA) and have been using the vocal versions on my Vita and PS3 with SRWZ3.

Also, PS4 doesn't support MP3s on the system itself, right? You need a USB device plugged in, right? Or has this changed? Cause worst case, I just pop in a USB drive with all my imported songs... unless they don't let you use songs from outside the game which would be a real bummer.

Yeah, I'm not sure of the particulars of the thing other than its fiddly. I'm pretty sure like MD was 2ndOG+ V is gonna be Z3.2+ enginewise so I would be surprised if it didn't have a song importer but the ones with the special edition are all set up and loaded to be picked in the list. Just a matter of working with whatever system the ps4 has right now for not letting you do it. The main thing that makes me not sure if the non-Japanese version will get a cool song edition is licensing issues for the proper songs.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

EthanSteele posted:

The main thing that makes me not sure if the non-Japanese version will get a cool song edition is licensing issues for the proper songs.

You know, it may be a dumb reason, but this might be something that makes me get the game in Japanese instead of English...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

Bleh. I just want to believe that Seabook and Judau 'Gray Stork' Ashta will join the Steel 7 instead of some randos.
Unless there's some surprise (and large) time skip, Judau adopting his Gray Stork identity is very unlikely.

Now, getting the Gump as a secret unit, that's a possibility.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
If I could read Japanese it would be a dealmaker/breaker or whatever direction its in for sure too. As it is I'm sure if there's no premium edition with all the stuff then the DLC (including early Huck/Grungust availability) and theme will be available to buy at some point and if I really want I can always just play my own music if I can't add my own tracks. Actually, now that I say it is BGM volume an option? It's gotta be right?

I actually just checked and Beyond the Time is no longer auto-muted on youtube so maybe the license for that has been renegotiated? That was the stand out thing as being super protected that was on there and apparently it's fine and dandy now.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Vita does, though.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

She was the protagonist in Alpha and got shunted into support roles for most of OGs.

Bullet didn't even have the good grace to get kidnapped and mind controlled! I am still salty about that.

Oh yeah, that's fair enough. Every chance I got, I swapped Kusuha and Bullet if they were co-piloting.

I try to run Charlie's Angels squads in SRW games (Sanger and Ratsel being an obvious exception)

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

There's apparently a goofy callback in SRW V. According to TV Tropes, of all places, Grungust and Huckebien are products of the Nicola Wilhelm Research Labs instead of the Tesla-Reich Institute. The joke is that they're both named for Nicola Tesla and Wilhelm Reich (inventor of Orgone :flashfact: ).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
V Famitsu scans say that you'll, indeed, be able to choose between either Souji or Chitose as the protag; both will pilot the Vangray. The one you didn't choose will be a "sub-protagonist" but it says nothing about being a subpilot... I'm thinking something akin to Z1, in which they pilot something else and act separately.

• Locked thread