Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Instant Sunrise posted:

in 1991, george hw bush had approval ratings in the 90's because of desert storm and the end of the cold war. no sane democrat was going to run against somebody who they thought was guaranteed to win reelection.

in 1992, george hw bush's approval ratings had fallen pretty badly and were about as bad as george w bush was in 2008, and this was purely on his own failings.

So do all Bushes get a sky high approval rating courtesy of a Middle Eastern man that they proceed to piss away through their own innate shittery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

hiddenmovement posted:

If you think you're in an echo chamber imagine what their reality is like

Yeah I can't even comprehend it, the mental gymnastics these guys take. November 9th is going to be really good for me. I've really been stirring the Hillary pot at work trying to get Dems pumped up for her instead of the lesser evils bullshit. I'm definitely the minority though, I'll have 5-6 people all screaming at me about how I'm a commie or how she'll be in jail once trump is elected. All the while I'm just yelling "stronger together" and "ready for Hillary" just to piss them off. I'm gonna have to bring in a bucket to harvest all these tears once she wins.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

im gay posted:

I was mainly being dumb. Like others said, it didn't go far enough and probably ruined any further talks of the spooky government meddling in healthcare for at least a decade until the ACA collapses and boomers start dying off.

Good news, that's only 4 years off.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Augus posted:

This is worse than finding out Santa Claus wasn't real.

Let's be honest if Obama actually did that with his shirt there'd have been several inquiries into it by now.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Saw a Hillary ad during the game tonight.

I live in IDAHO. Hilldawg's got money to burn.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFOkBnYGfIM

:kimchi:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Gyges posted:

So do all Bushes get a sky high approval rating courtesy of a Middle Eastern man that they proceed to piss away through their own innate shittery?

at least now we know what a Jeb! administration would have entailed.

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

Harton posted:

Yeah I can't even comprehend it, the mental gymnastics these guys take. November 9th is going to be really good for me. I've really been stirring the Hillary pot at work trying to get Dems pumped up for her instead of the lesser evils bullshit. I'm definitely the minority though, I'll have 5-6 people all screaming at me about how I'm a commie or how she'll be in jail once trump is elected. All the while I'm just yelling "stronger together" and "ready for Hillary" just to piss them off. I'm gonna have to bring in a bucket to harvest all these tears once she wins.

Bring in a cake on Nov. 9th with "Victory" written on it.

Then ask them if they would like a slice.

Because that's the only way they're going to know how it tastes.~

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

PupsOfWar posted:

They did the exact same thing in 2008 and 2012

I know! It was amazing, guys walking around at work screaming "he's not my president". "He's a Muslim, he's not even a citizen." Funny then.....but now it's just mind numbing looking back. They are just gonna double down on the crazy again, I don't know why I ever give republicans the benefit of the doubt.

Edit: ^ Best idea ever! Would you like a slice of this victory over here? It tastes like validation.

Harton fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 2, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Harton posted:

Man I am ready for this to be over. I had an alt-right dude at work tell me today that trump is gonna win Minnesota because of school children. I'd like to think that if Clinton were polling as bad as trump that I would be honest with myself and be worried, but this thread is a bit of an echo chamber. Everybody I know voting for trump thinks I'm insane when I bring up polling and are convinced trump is gonna win.

They've been at "Eva Braun swing dancing on the piano" levels of delusional coping mechanism for months. Nobody's going to hire Kellyanne ever again because a good mouthpiece still acknowledges reality no matter how grim. Lewandowski is probably going to get done like Jon Snow by the anchor desk on election night except everyone laughs at Davos when he asks about resurrection. All of the second-stringers will fall out of the spotlight like idiot moths having just singed their wings into ash on the flame. Trump's brand is so hosed they're taking the loving name off hotels. Trump himself is going to spend the next several months going from courtroom to courtroom having to answer for raping a child and grifting everyone from young to old. Reince is probably going to be found in a pool of his own vomit, mostly composed of Bailey's and Cheerios. If the GOP has anyone left with two sober goddamn neurons in their poo poo-filled skull they'd work on purging every last tea partier, every last freedom caucuser, and every last trump train passenger from the party and then cauterize the holes with molten salt.

But they won't.

They don't give a drat what winning the general is even like anymore because the primary is the highest level of competition in a gerrymandered system. They dug their own loving grave, knelt down, and executed themselves in the middle of the sticks with no assistance whatsoever. They told themselves stories about the rabbits for so long they didn't realize they were goddamn Lennie all along.

It's for the best.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sex Hobbit posted:

Do y'all happen to have a Senate race, by any chance? How's that polling?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Yes what I'm saying is he's happy that the "omg 28% of Rs voted Hillary" is out there because he knows some lovely pollsters have found that data, he doesn't personally believe it's true, and it's now being used to give false hope to the Dems while his boy cruises to re-election in the correct polling world

No. You're disagreeing with me. That poll that said 28% of Rs voted for Hillary also has Rubio winning with 51% of the vote due to ticket splitting. I'm say the Rubio guy would be happy with all those things being true.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Nessus posted:

Do y'all happen to have a Senate race, by any chance? How's that polling?

Mike Crapo isn't going anywhere.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Mike Crapo isn't going anywhere.
UNTIL WE GET THE PLUNGER... THAT IS DEMOCRACY

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Harton posted:

Its really loving bad. As I mentioned earlier, in my early 20's I was a full-blown Limbaugh-worshipping conservative who hated the Clintons for whatever reason my talk radio masters told me, and I was starting to get a bit aggressive about it until I somehow started to think maybe it was all bullshit and I was being lied to. (I grew up in southeast Kansas, so seriously, what chance did I really have to not be nuts?) The ability for people to rationalize insanity and terrible political positions is remarkable.

So, I have some sympathy for right-wingers trapped in the echo chamber, especially if they were young and basically put there by their parents. Not a LOT of sympathy because they are voting for terrible poo poo to happen, but some.

If you are a crazy-rear end moron after your 40th birthday though, then you are probably a lost cause. The cement seems to harden in middle age and its rare to see an older person realize and accept that almost every political belief they had was wrong.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Bad news boys, Julian and US intelligence agents found out about the Clinton's civilian coup on Nov 1st and are fighting back with a silent counter coup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov5kvWSz5LM

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FAUXTON posted:

They've been at "Eva Braun swing dancing on the piano" levels of delusional coping mechanism for months. Nobody's going to hire Kellyanne ever again because a good mouthpiece still acknowledges reality no matter how grim. Lewandowski is probably going to get done like Jon Snow by the anchor desk on election night except everyone laughs at Davos when he asks about resurrection. All of the second-stringers will fall out of the spotlight like idiot moths having just singed their wings into ash on the flame. Trump's brand is so hosed they're taking the loving name off hotels. Trump himself is going to spend the next several months going from courtroom to courtroom having to answer for raping a child and grifting everyone from young to old. Reince is probably going to be found in a pool of his own vomit, mostly composed of Bailey's and Cheerios. If the GOP has anyone left with two sober goddamn neurons in their poo poo-filled skull they'd work on purging every last tea partier, every last freedom caucuser, and every last trump train passenger from the party and then cauterize the holes with molten salt.

But they won't.

They don't give a drat what winning the general is even like anymore because the primary is the highest level of competition in a gerrymandered system. They dug their own loving grave, knelt down, and executed themselves in the middle of the sticks with no assistance whatsoever. They told themselves stories about the rabbits for so long they didn't realize they were goddamn Lennie all along.

It's for the best.
Even if I think this is a little overboard, kudos for your hilarious comparisons.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

January 2014 prediction of our post-Trump reality. Terrifying.

http://yukiomishemo.tumblr.com/post/73476325661/these-are-my-predictions-for-how-the-right-wing

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Sex Hobbit posted:

Probably a national buy. I saw it too, the first Clinton ad in Virginia in about a month. Which is nice, I'm sick of seeing Trump ads every 15 minutes (lol no way he's winning VA tho).

But yeah, Hilldawg does indeed have money to spend, and spend it she shall.

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013

This is a pretty good endorsement and kinda risky for him too. Straight up insulting Trump supporters at the end there.

Telephones fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Nov 2, 2016

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

It's been four days and the headlines have still been dominated by emails. Trump's daily Trumpisms aren't making any headway anymore. At least for now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Captain Invictus posted:

What laws has Trump broken during his campaign that nobody has really bothered to punish him for? I recall folks mentioning certain harassment(?) laws he was violating with some of his declarations, that sort of thing. I'm just curious, was talking to an online associate who's voting for trump and he's mentioned that Hillary should be in jail for the stuff in the emails, but if that were the case they'd have nailed her to the wall already.

He admitted to quid pro quo corruption debate one question one.
Edit when asked why he donated and why so many politicians attended his wedding he said outright his donations were part of a pay to play scheme; and he paid.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Are bronies even a thing anymore? As far as I can tell they just dissipated into the general morass of internet horribleness sometime last year.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Are there any articles available about how Trump consistently attacks people about things he himself has done? I don't even know how to phrase it to look it up on google I've gone through like 6 different re-wordings

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Aesop Poprock posted:

Are there any articles available about how Trump consistently attacks people about things he himself has done? I don't even know how to phrase it to look it up on google I've gone through like 6 different re-wordings

Projection is the phrase you want.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Aesop Poprock posted:

I went with "Trump accusation projection". This was the first result.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Mr Interweb posted:

It's been four days and the headlines have still been dominated by emails. Trump's daily Trumpisms aren't making any headway anymore. At least for now.

Most news outlets are talking about how weird it is that the FBI did what it did

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Top of Google is baseball.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Hahaha are you loving kidding me

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

NewMars posted:

Are bronies even a thing anymore? As far as I can tell they just dissipated into the general morass of internet horribleness sometime last year.

I think they moved on to Steven Universe and Undertale.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Josh Lyman posted:

I can't help but think of that damned cow-photobombs-horse image on seeing this

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Dr.Smasher posted:

I legit don't get the obsession over Undertale. It was a cute game and I liked it, but I don't understand how it has the cult following that it does

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Nah. Steven Universe is mainly former Adventure Time fans, and Undertale is mainly ex-Homestuck fans.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This needs to be on every page.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

First glance at my desktop.

Is CNN aware that it is the joke?

Dogwood Fleet fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Nov 2, 2016

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
17 years from now, MH370 is still going to be on CNN's front page at some loving point in the year.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Northjayhawk posted:

Is anyone else planning to take the day off next Wednesday? There are 3 possible outcomes

I'll either be recovering from a hangover after a night spent bathing in glorious Trump tears and watching Hillary's speech 2 or 3 times, or I'll still be awake looking at the latest on the vote count updates for a tied decisive state, or I'll be too depressed to get out of bed.

Either way, I'd be useless at my job the next day.

I'll be working offshore near Papua New Guinea, so no. I'll waste my morning watching the returns on AFN though and I'll probably will have a few bourbons Wednesday night assuming everything goes well but we don't get days off.

We've joked about converting to pirate ship and just staying out here if things go wrong. Maybe half joked. Either way, plenty of work to do.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Instant Sunrise posted:

Nah. Steven Universe is mainly former Adventure Time fans, and Undertale is mainly ex-Homestuck fans.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I haven't been paying much attention but as far as I can tell bronies are still a thing they're just a lot quieter and calmer now because they crazier ones have moved on to being full on Nazis.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/dril/status/621402757606445056

CNN is basically this dril tweet but with "click"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Instant Sunrise posted:

Hey now.

SU fans can be non-former AT fans too.:colbert:

• Locked thread