Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Deadly Tower of Monsters is actually pretty fun but, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah, I'd rather sit on this PS+ card for another month than own "the spiritual successor to Dear Esther".

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Like, I'm not convinced this horse is faster than running. What the gently caress is the point of this?

Edit: the best part is the speed/wind effect coming off you as you gallop at a whopping 5 miles per hour. It is faster than walking. By one mile per hour.

Snak fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 2, 2016

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I think it helps with fall damage. It's not much of a speed boost though, especially if you're dismounting to pick flowers or fight.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

Is this a game about roller coasters with planets instead of wheels? Wait that doesn't make sense, the planets would still roll...

Is this a game about coasting a space-train around using gravity assists from planets?

CrashCat posted:

What's a planet coaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAxbARqJoE

The RCT3 people are putting out a new rollercoaster tycoon game except it isn't called rollercoaster tycoon

There is a separate game that is more of a spiritual successor to RCT1/2 but I forget what it is called, but I saw footage and it looked good too

Both will be better than the actual RCT4.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Fun fact about RCT4: Frontier owns the rights to RCT3 specifically, so they ported it and put Atari's mobile bowel movement to shame. :allears:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

:siren: I'm playing XCOM 2, tell me if you want in my squad :siren:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lizard Wizard posted:

I think I already asked, but I'll ask again because XCOM is cool and these mini-action reports are great.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

I think I already asked, but I'll ask again because XCOM is cool and these mini-action reports are great.

I was just making you actually! That said, anyone who's already asked needs to ask again because I'm not sifting through the October thread sorry.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Well here's an XCOM 2 update: one or some of my mods bugged out and crashed the game, and now I can't load the game with the Goon Squad anymore :(

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Fresh out of ranger training, Strix is gonna be filling in for Kirby Superscare while he's on the mend. Those are some big shoes to fill!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Well here's an XCOM 2 update: one or some of my mods bugged out and crashed the game, and now I can't load the game with the Goon Squad anymore :(

:( Bummer!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Fresh out of ranger training, Strix is gonna be filling in for Kirby Superscare while he's on the mend. Those are some big shoes to fill!

Oh, wow. That's actually kind of intimidating - but if I'm lucky I won't get shot by any zeds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the horse is pointless in DAI. you get no speed boost and can't gather mats while on it.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh, wow. That's actually kind of intimidating - but if I'm lucky I won't get shot by any zeds.

Zeds are zombies, you silly.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Zeds are zombies, you silly.

:cripes:

In my defense, there were zeds in XCOM EU/EW and I haven't been through XCOM 2 yet...but yeah I'm tired it's been a long day.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hello, friends. I am two, probably three dungeons from the end of Link's Awakening and this song is good, so I am sharing it with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOo5yr76RJs

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

the horse is pointless in DAI. you get no speed boost and can't gather mats while on it.

I'm glad I'm not crazy. I just got it and I was doing the "races" they give you and I was like... how did they decide to leave this in the game? Like, actual speed increase be damned, if it doesn't feel like you're going fast, what's the point.

I'm enjoying the game, but overall it feels like a game that would be really good in a world where Witcher 3 didn't exist.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lizard Wizard posted:

Put me in, coach. Favorite colors are orange and blue.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Snak posted:

I'm glad I'm not crazy. I just got it and I was doing the "races" they give you and I was like... how did they decide to leave this in the game? Like, actual speed increase be damned, if it doesn't feel like you're going fast, what's the point.
Some of the features in Inquisition feel like they they were included to meet a checklist rather than because they worked organically in the game.

The mount is still good for avoiding fall damage though I think?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

I'm enjoying the game, but overall it feels like a game that would be really good in a world where Witcher 3 didn't exist.

yeah it felt lovely but tolerable in 2014 but i'd never play it again for any reason today

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hello, friends. I am two, probably three dungeons from the end of Link's Awakening and this song is good, so I am sharing it with you.

the hypest poo poo right here

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

So! As it turns out, a good few of our squaddies are still recovering from injuries, and since I took it upon myself to increase squad size we're gonna be taking a rookie along.

I'm assuming Jay Rust likes red.

I'm also assuming OPERATION DEMON KNIFE is going to be really good or really bad.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jay Rust posted:

RIP

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The dragon age series makes me so sad. The first one had this sense of purpose and identity and a really challenging but accessible combat system. It wasn't for everyone but I loving loved it. And then everything after that was just bioware deciding it had to be the next blockbuster series, and the best way to get it there was to suck every ounce of soul out and make it this bland garbage.

Ugh

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm ready to die for my planet

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

On the bright side, Strix didn't die...to an alien. Our rookie was enthralled by a sectoid most foul, and...well, things went south. Faced with the terrible decision of whether to kill one of our own, we couldn't. Strix was taken from us, and Lurdiak was gravely wounded. Rust snapped out of it, but he knew what he had done.

After mopping up the enemy forces, FAK subdued the VIP and escape to the extraction point, along with Lurdiak. We had lost something, but it looked like things were going to be okay.

That's when the Advent reinforcements came. A few well-placed grenades took care of the two soldiers, but their officer was ready to fire, to intercept our intrepid fighters and cut their lives short, or at least deny them a journey home.

Jay Rust felt terrible. He was a murderer at worst, and a weak-willed fool at best. He felt worthless - but he knew he could do one thing of worth, and if it was the last thing he ever did, well, that'd be okay.

Rust took a deep breath, closed his eyes and barreled across the battlefield, screaming, drawing the officer's fire. If a bullet pierced his skull, at least Oddium would be able to escape. Miraculously, they both made it.

Jay Rust can't help but think this is just slightly inappropriate.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/unity3d/status/793529317745565696

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Unityyy :argh:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kerbal Space Program, Dropsy, Cities: Skylines, and Yooka-Laylee are all games built on Unity, just to name a few.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Some of the features in Inquisition feel like they they were included to meet a checklist rather than because they worked organically in the game.

This is the essence of modern triple A game design. There's a GDC presentation by the head of ninja theory going through the checklist of features that publishers will want in a game when they agree to finance it. Hope you like crafting systems and RPG elements in whatever it is you're making:

The talk is a pretty good one, regardless of what you think about the games that Ninja Theory actually makes (I don't think they are a very good studio, but :shrug:)

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Nov 2, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Lizard Wizard posted:

Kerbal Space Program, Dropsy, Cities: Skylines, and Yooka-Laylee are all games built on Unity, just to name a few.

Not to mention the biggest one: Pokémon Go.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Actually l was listing good games.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

also Superhot, Oxenfree, Defunct, Ori & the Blind Forest, Hand of Fate, Fract OSC, and everyones favorite game, "pewdiepie: legend of the brofist"

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Pillars of Eternity and Wasteland 2 as well.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I get the appeal of it but it's just so bloated and their SDK had a mobile-first bent for so long. The one time I had to use it for something I hated it. It was like trying to make Flash with a 3D modeler from the 90's.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Great Joe posted:

OH WHAT THE HELL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEFTxxbkUtA

WHY IS THE GAMES INDUSTRY LIKE A HUNDRED CHRISTMASSES RIGHT NOW?

So they took DORIFTO from Outrun 2 and car tricks from the Fast and Furious arcade games. I could be down for that.

I wish they would just make Outrun 3 though.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I knew in my heart that I was going to hear this song when I clicked that link, thank you for not disappointing.

raditts fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Nov 2, 2016

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lizard Wizard posted:

As is Hearthstone.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

So! As it turns out, a good few of our squaddies are still recovering from injuries, and since I took it upon myself to increase squad size we're gonna be taking a rookie along.

My girl hasn't died I hope!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

corn in the bible posted:

Meanwhile Crashcat can't hit someone right next to her

Uh I was quite clearly marked as Berserker, character doesn't look nearly angry enough in that picture

I almost picked up Falling Skies at Walmart one day so I'm curious just how terrible it is (very)

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LAxbARqJoE

The RCT3 people are putting out a new rollercoaster tycoon game except it isn't called rollercoaster tycoon
:aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Throw me in! I could at least act as a human shield for a bit.

• Locked thread