Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Copper Vein posted:

So the game doesn't care where you empty the pump truck's tank at? Like, you can suck a septic tank dry and then just dump all the poo poo onto dude's front lawn?

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Copper Vein posted:

So the game doesn't care where you empty the pump truck's tank at? Like, you can suck a septic tank dry and then just dump all the poo poo onto dude's front lawn?

You can dump it right onto the guy.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.

Cojawfee posted:

You can dump it right onto the guy.

Does this make his dirtiness meter rise? ;)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Copper Vein posted:

Correct

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Can you just pump with the valve open?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Also instead of wrestling with the stupid loving hose, you can drive forward to pull it out of the septic well.

Just don't do what I did and floor it to pull the hose out, because then it just breaks off the truck and coils up in the bottom of the septic well. :doh:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Can you just pump with the valve open?

I don't think so. Whenever I go to dump it out because the tank is full, it seems i have to stop and restart the pump. Unless I'm just crazy.

MrChips posted:

Also instead of wrestling with the stupid loving hose, you can drive forward to pull it out of the septic well.

Just don't do what I did and floor it to pull the hose out, because then it just breaks off the truck and coils up in the bottom of the septic well. :doh:

That's a valid technique. As long as you follow the same path I do for multiple jobs. I head down the road towards the T intersection, and then go left to the area where the wood guy lives. You can pump at the house there, rip off the hose and drive up to the next town. You can then save and reload at an outhouse and the hose will respawn on the truck.

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan
Here's something important for us that care about those achiivos:

List of Achievements that are available only in Permadeath mode! posted:

I got lots of reports Achievements bugging out. Well I just found out that I FORGET that this was a feature, not a bug. Some achievements are ONLY available in Permadeath mode.
  • Rusting Fast
  • Thank You Government
  • Flying Finn
  • First Loser
  • Sliding Swede
  • Ultimate Survivor
  • And It Is Gone
  • Proud To Be Mortal
I will update the Achievement icons to show which are available in Permadeath mode only.

"Grand Theft Teimo" seems to be genuinely bugged, as it still has a 0% global achievement rate, and people have been trying to get it with no results. (Flying Finn/First loser/Sliding Swede also have 0% global rate, but that's mostly because the rally challenge is hard as gently caress to pull off.)

[edit] "Officially approved list of possible future content additions" got this added to it: "(*) Means we are working on this feature currently".

Oooh, let's see what the dev(s) are working on:
  • Getting lift from the green car driving around the dirt roads (*)
  • Cottage with wooden sauna located at the small island (*)
  • Ability to watch TV to increase fatigue (*)

Hitchhiking is a feature the game really needs, so that's great (and that linked with this should lead to fun shenanigans). Sauna in the island.. eh. And a way to increase fatigue is helpful, no more save-load repeating to advance in-game time.

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 1, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i appreciate that the developer himself forgot the semantics of his own game

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Nenonen posted:

Another classic, called "Gasoline in veins (and speed in skull)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJeeS3t4H-Q

Hey, if we're going that far back, let's go Alle lujaa. "Mä kauheesti kiihdytin ja itteeni viihdytin"

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Copper Vein posted:

Hopefully as the game becomes more polished, shite becomes a valuable resource that you can use eg. to farm potatoes or to get rid of police on your tail.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

built the car, drove the car, flipped the car, lost the gas cans and a few crates of beer along with my life and car, will restart and rebuild car.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Does anyone know if you can install the engine with the halfshafts attached? I heard that the car needs the subframe in before dropping the engine in, and I got carried away with installing body stuff so now I can't seem to get the engine installed and the halfshafts won't come off after loosening the bolt attaching it to the spindles. Any help would be appreciated.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can and that's what I do to know where to put the engine.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Thanks! I was going crazy for a bit.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Some of the physics-happened events can be kind of rough but overall this is a better roguelike than nearly anything made lately called a roguelike. I can and will die from mistakes because I am a big huge idiot but I learn something new every time, which is most often about what specifically makes me a big huge idiot.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Well that's nice. I just spent 4000 on car parts from the mail order. Paid for it, and the parts failed to spawn on the loading bay. gently caress.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Did you already save? If not, reload and try again. Make sure to click on the catalog. I don't know if you have to click on the same parts or if anything works but click on some parts and act like you're going to make a new order. When you leave the catalog, no envelope will show up but it will make the order show up at the store. Then just drive to the store and pay for your original order. I find if I don't do that, the order won't show up if I've already picked it up in a previous life. This game has a lot of weird stuff that saves without you actually saving.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

GOD IS BED posted:

Thanks! I was going crazy for a bit.

Yeah in fact, I think you can install the engine with everything on the car except maybe the radiator hoses and probably not the hood. I built the whole chassis first because I knew more about how to do that.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Falken posted:

Well that's nice. I just spent 4000 on car parts from the mail order. Paid for it, and the parts failed to spawn on the loading bay. gently caress.

You have to pay for the parts at the counter like you do for food. Did you do that?

Related to that I delivered wood one time and took the money from the guy, got down the road and realized the money never registered. Free wood for that drunk.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Well, I got the car started...success! Drove about 60 feet before the drive gear and halfshafts all fell out of the car. I was pretty sure I got all that tightened down, but the bolts were all loose.

No matter, I got all of that fixed, and I tuned on the carburetor a bit, and set off again. This time, I got about 200 feet before the car spit the entire engine out, that majestic Satsuma 4-banger arcing up into the sky like a great big piss over the roof of my car and landing back at the house as I rolled to a stop.

Now the car is just throwing the engine out with regularity. Trying to figure out what in the hell I could have hosed up.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 2, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Have you tried fastening the bolts to the motor mounts?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Cojawfee posted:

Have you tried fastening the bolts to the motor mounts?

I know I did, but now that the engine is in, I can't seem to select the bolts to try and be sure I have them tightened down. They're not lighting up for me. I'm wondering if I have to try and re-hoist the engine and reseat it.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I think I might be able to play this game properly again.

Previously I've been dying over and over from hunger as I've not been able to pay off the store clerk. But some quick poop pumps and I think I might have enough money to pay for the window and food.

And maybe I'll finally have a fanbelt.

Protip. If you just park the tractor with it's fork over the chopping block, the blocks will get autochopped.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

this game is going to make me get a wheel off of craigslist

and its going to be so loving cool

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
So after endless crashes while driving to and from the store, I finally got around to building my car. Forgot to tighten some of the fuild lines, so my clutch didnt work and it would just run in neutral. So I went back to the store and got more clutch/brake fluid, put it in, now the car just stalls if I don't hold the throttle and I still can't drive. Is there a way to adjust the idle speed?

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

So if you crash your van and die is there anyway to get your van back to your house without towing?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Walk out there and drive it back? Start a new game?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hit Alt-f4 before it saves when you die.

I really wish there were jackstands.

Can you tune up the van so it starts easier? I know the death wobble suspension is actually considered a bug for now.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SEKCobra posted:

So after endless crashes while driving to and from the store, I finally got around to building my car. Forgot to tighten some of the fuild lines, so my clutch didnt work and it would just run in neutral. So I went back to the store and got more clutch/brake fluid, put it in, now the car just stalls if I don't hold the throttle and I still can't drive. Is there a way to adjust the idle speed?
You can choke it to adjust the idle speed until you warm up. I think I read you can give the carb a lazy man's tune where it can run while cold, but obviously not getting quite to nice performance when warmed up.

CharlesM posted:

Hit Alt-f4 before it saves when you die.

I really wish there were jackstands.

Can you tune up the van so it starts easier? I know the death wobble suspension is actually considered a bug for now.
The van start is modeling glow plugs. If you turn the ignition on without cranking it and let it sit for several seconds, it'll usually start up after 2 or 3 turnovers.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

zedprime posted:

The van start is modeling glow plugs. If you turn the ignition on without cranking it and let it sit for several seconds, it'll usually start up after 2 or 3 turnovers.

Oh I thought that at first but the glow plug light never goes out.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

CharlesM posted:

Oh I thought that at first but the glow plug light never goes out.

Mine has gone out everytime.

EDIT: I think it's criminal that you can't sleep in the poop truck. THERE'S A BED IN IT.

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 2, 2016

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Truck should also have cb radio or something. I'm at the point now where my car is built and I need to work however waiting for 30 minutes to get 3-4 calls isn't very fun. I can only watch the same music video so much.

Or letting us import videos would also work and be pretty amazing.

Also, from the suggestions forum.

quote:

I want to have 386 in this game with command line interface and BBS. But I have not included in the official list as it comes down to fact whether my colleague gets some games made for the computer and those can be imported.

IRC is awesome idea, I will check out how easy/hard it would be to implement also.

Harminoff fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 2, 2016

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Harminoff posted:

I want to have 386 in this game with command line interface and BBS. But I have not included in the official list as it comes down to fact whether my colleague gets some games made for the computer and those can be imported.

IRC is awesome idea, I will check out how easy/hard it would be to implement also.
CD\wolf3d
wolf3d.exe

:getin:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

He should just make it a Dosbox emulator, where the root is just a /dos/ folder in the game install so you can install whatever dos stuff you want, and maybe pre-install some stuff like a BBS for the game community.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

make the computer as granular as the car, and then let us upgrade it so we can get a 486 overdrive to play doom faster

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Did you already save? If not, reload and try again. Make sure to click on the catalog. I don't know if you have to click on the same parts or if anything works but click on some parts and act like you're going to make a new order. When you leave the catalog, no envelope will show up but it will make the order show up at the store. Then just drive to the store and pay for your original order. I find if I don't do that, the order won't show up if I've already picked it up in a previous life. This game has a lot of weird stuff that saves without you actually saving.
Tried that, no dice. 4400 blown away and nothing to show for it..

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

He should make a PC but just have Second Reality playing on it 24/7

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
Alternatively, an Amiga with Mental Hangover playing 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009

Triple A posted:

Alternatively, an Amiga with Mental Hangover playing 24/7

I remember a game from my youth called Hotrods? A car building game where you could race for pink slips on the mulholland drive. That would be perfect.

• Locked thread