Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

mabels big day posted:

I hope they add the Evil Containment Wave as an ultimate in Xenoverse 2 as DLC.

it seems kind of unfair to have an instant win move

twist: you have to have a jar and talisman in your item slots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
And you can only get them by doing a bunch of elder kai training missions

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raserys posted:

don't worry your character has a chance to forget the seal or pot. the chance is based on a hidden intelligence stat

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raserys posted:

There will have to be a challenging mini game where you aim the person into the jar, and if you miss you waste all of your energy.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TFRazorsaw posted:

So who are you guys hoping to hear for the dub version of Super?

Personally I'm hoping they get Jerry Jewell as Zamasu.

I'm really annoyed that it's taking so long.
I want to hear Chris Sabat dunking on Black Goku already!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Where are the spoilery episode titles I see people talking about elsewhere from? I can't find them and I need to see for myself if Vegito's return is legit because I'd be hype as hell if so

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

Where are the spoilery episode titles I see people talking about elsewhere from? I can't find them and I need to see for myself if Vegito's return is legit because I'd be hype as hell if so

Googling DB Super episode titles will usually bring recent results up in the news section, and if it doesn't, you can just use the search preening tools to make only recent results show up.

They're all generally shakily sourced until someone uploads photos of TV listings though. Most of these leaks have been historically accurate so there's not a huge reason to doubt them. I believe the origin for this is 2ch, via @Herms98 on twitter who translates cool DB stuff quite a lot.

e: including this

It's from Toei's official DBS site

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 31, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

loving time travel, man.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Okay now someone edit in the two Cell timelines

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
God I loving love convoluted timelines. I hope it gets wackier going forward. Like everything ends and Vegito is standing there victorious when Goku and Vegeta show up from a timeline where Black shoved them into the pinkrift, and we just follow those two like nothing happened.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pyroi posted:

Okay now someone edit in the two Cell timelines

Timeline 1:
The original timeline with no alterations. In this timeline Goku is killed by heart disease. The Androids rampage, Future Trunks goes back in time. He returns with the Android self destruct device and then is killed by Cell who steals his Time Machine.

Timeline 2:
The unseen timeline where the Androids are defeated but Cell never shows up. Created by the dead Trunk's time travel.

Timeline 3:
The main DBZ timeline. Cell travels back in time and so does Trunks. Cell becomes perfect, is defeated, Trunks goes home. This timeline continues onward until Dragonball Super. Partway through Super Zamasu murders his mentor and then steals Goku's body and kills Goku, becoming Goku Black.

Timeline 4:
Future Trunks from Timeline 3's timeline. He goes back home, kills the Androids and Cell, beats Babadi, and then Goku Black from Timeline 3 shows up to ruin his day. He goes back in time again.

Timeline 5:
The "Super" Timeline, created when Trunks goes back to get help, presumably will be the main timeline from now on.

Presumably there are tiny offshoot timelines created each time Timeline 5 uses the time machine too.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
In other news, the winner of TFS's contest.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

What does TIBA/#TIBA mean?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Was it ever established whether time traveling Black appeared in the timeline to fight Goku that lead to Zamasu killing Gowasu and becoming Black?

Man these are some FF1!Garland "2000 years from now, you killed me" type sentences.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Was it ever established whether time traveling Black appeared in the timeline to fight Goku that lead to Zamasu killing Gowasu and becoming Black?

Man these is some FF1!Garland "2000 years from now, you killed me" type sentences.

It doesn't seem like it.

I may be wrong but I think everything in Goku Black's timeline went as it did normally except there was no Future Trunks arc and since Trunks and Goku Black never showed up Zamasu basically did everything without getting caught.
In theory Beerus destroying Zamasu should have erased the Goku Black timeline but because he is wearing the time ring he's immune to that.

Time travel is confusing.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
We don't know yet, but it's shown they still fought at some point, but it was expedited by the appearance of Black Goku which expedited his plans to kill all humans(mortals)

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Raserys posted:

nah, they would always not have the seal. your character has to hold the jar shut for as long as their stamina lasts, and it steadily does damage until it breaks.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Just set it so it can only be used if the enemy is below a certain health or power level. That way you can instantly use it on mooks below your level (if Xenoverse doesn't do level scaling I guess) and have to wear down enemies closer to your level before using it as a finisher.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you start out by taking a pot out. you hold it over your head and have to find a safe place to drop it, but if it gets broken the move fails

then you use it and it goes into a big, long animation and at the end the person in the pot pops out like nothing happened and the fight continues normally

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

mabels big day posted:

nah, they would always not have the seal. your character has to hold the jar shut for as long as their stamina lasts, and it steadily does damage until it breaks.

This would be a fun way to do it, just a fancy looking super move where you and your opponent are both frantically mashing buttons to keep them trapped/escape from the jar

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Kelp Plankton posted:

This would be a fun way to do it, just a fancy looking super move where you and your opponent are both frantically mashing buttons to keep them trapped/escape from the jar

Speaking of which, I hope XV3 adds beam battles because why aren't they here yet, please bamco.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

My Q-Face posted:

The best part of the Mafuba setup was two episodes ago where Piccolo jumps up eager to show that he can still be relevant just as Goku disappears and Bulma's all condescending like "Well you can still show us!". But the fact that he went ahead and showed them the technique after that was even funnier.

Within Piccolo rages a war between emo Piccolo, stoic Nail and the same Kami that possessed that weird little man who took a junk shot at Yamcha during the World Martial Art's Tournament. They really do need to show the more goofy side of his personality a bit more, I loved that scene too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

remember when goku tricks piccolo into helping pick cabbages then immediately ditches him? then the next time piccolo shows up, he gets stuck shoveling dirt with krillin? that's not even counting his babysitting. hosed up that the main characters made piccolo their intern

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

remember when goku tricks piccolo into helping pick cabbages then immediately ditches him? then the next time piccolo shows up, he gets stuck shoveling dirt with krillin? that's not even counting his babysitting. hosed up that the main characters made piccolo their intern

it's why tien stopped showing up

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Xad posted:

Speaking of which, I hope XV3 adds beam battles because why aren't they here yet, please bamco.

Given all the problems with Giant Ki Blasts in X2? Forget it. It'd go horribly.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bloodly posted:

Given all the problems with Giant Ki Blasts in X2? Forget it. It'd go horribly.

Both people would teleport out of bounds- one into the skybox beyond and one deep below the ground

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm pretty sure beam battles in 3-v-3 battles would melt the servers into hot slag.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's from Toei's official DBS site

Whis' time manipulation appears to have caused a break after all? Or does trunks' arrival automatically mean the gang would've acted as they did?

I cannot tell the difference between the winners and the losers. I haven't gone through them all yet (I probably won't) but they are all equally terrible. At best, the first place winner looks like a failed pilot for an early oughts adult swim cartoon.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I personally disagree with a lot of their rankings. I thought that the Star Trek one was top 10 material but not #1. I thought the btas one should've won.

I didn't care for most of the anime abridges. Seems like undue weight was put on the subject material and technical competency versus actual skill.

Although maybe this was a secret recruitment project and they're geniuses

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

BTAS does seem like it's kind of the clear winner of the ones I tried.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Freakazoid_ posted:

Whis' time manipulation appears to have caused a break after all? Or does trunks' arrival automatically mean the gang would've acted as they did?

I cannot tell the difference between the winners and the losers. I haven't gone through them all yet (I probably won't) but they are all equally terrible. At best, the first place winner looks like a failed pilot for an early oughts adult swim cartoon.

It normally would not have caused a break but it did because Zamasu put the Time ring on.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

this game is good and stupid

E: Elite Missions however are bad and stupid

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 2, 2016

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

visceril posted:

Although maybe this was a secret recruitment project and they're geniuses

It clearly was.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
e: I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE XENOVERSE 2 THREAD gently caress YOU GUYS

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Nov 2, 2016

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

MonsterEnvy posted:

It normally would not have caused a break but it did because Zamasu put the Time ring on.

That kind of makes sense. But I'm still not clear on something.

In order for Zamasu to switch bodies with Goku, he needs to have known of Goku or met him before. Goku does meet him, but only after Black followed Trunks into Goku's timeline. This third time line, which has been destroyed, doesn't say when and where events happened for Goku to have met Zamasu, only that it was reorganized into the remaining time lines.

I think that means the Dragon Ball universe doesn't exactly care about chicken and the egg problems once a time line that affects another goes away?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I imagine they would have met at Zeno's tournament if events hadn't unfolded as they are.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It could be that Zamasu's existence is being protected solely by the timering and it still being on his finger is the only reason he still exists, albeit there must have been a timeline at some point where he fought Goku, but did not get annihilated by Beerus.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You say time ring, I say wedding band for Black Goku's beautiful relationship with Zamasu.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Zamasu-times-two is going to be defeated either because Bulma's special bullet that Mai fired damaged Black's Potara, they pull the time ring off his finger (or chop it off), or Zeno shows up and Nope's him out of existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You say time ring, I say wedding band for Black Goku's beautiful relationship with Zamasu.

• Locked thread