Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

GreatGreen posted:

Hey guys I have a question about NG+.

Are all the enemies in the world set to the same level in NG+ or do they still ramp up in level over time like they do in regular NG, but start from a much higher level?

It's the same as the base game but starts off much higher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

I'm pretty sure the dimetrium bomb also deactivates invisibility on enemies, which the article doesn't mention, and makes it relatively useful since invisibility is the most frustrating enemy ability.

E: Or am I thinking moon dust? I could swear dimetrium does the same thing.

Moon Dust is the one for disabling invisibility when fighting vampires.

Dimeritium bombs suck because your signs stop working if you're in the AoE after they go off.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Axii is great because this game is not that hard, you don't need to optimize for every skill point, and some of the funniest one-liners in the game are the results of axii dialogue checks.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

andrew smash posted:

Axii is great because this game is not that hard, you don't need to optimize for every skill point, and some of the funniest one-liners in the game are the results of axii dialogue checks.

Yeah, totally worth the slot.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

Megazver posted:

So, no one wants to create a Gwent thread, so I've decided to make my own. While I go look for blackjack and hookers, does anyone have any hilarious Gwent thread names?

Gwent: Use multiple weather cards, laugh at the rage quits.

Seriously. Running a monster deck that relies on using all weather cards and monsters immune to them. Nobody ever brings weather clearing cards (and if they do, just one), so you can just troll the poo poo out of people. It's great.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Gwent: actually Witcher 3 was the mini-game

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Noooooooooooo. More talking Roach! More!

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
Come on Roach *revs engine*

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JESUS CHRIST RAPUNZEL

never change, witcher. Never change.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And I'm done.

Have that strange sad hollow feeling you get after you finish a really good book. Really going to miss these guys.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

MikeJF posted:

And I'm done.

Have that strange sad hollow feeling you get after you finish a really good book. Really going to miss these guys.

NG+

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

MikeJF posted:

And I'm done.

It really is a roller coaster of a game. So many scenes that can tug at your heart strings, moreso than any game I've ever played really.

The only game I can think of that got any kind of an emotional reaction out of me in nearly the same way was the original FEAR, which was well written and also scary as gently caress for its time. The first time I played it at night after the rest of my family went to bed I only made it like a half an hour before I got freaked out and vowed to only play when there were other people awake.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

NatasDog posted:

It really is a roller coaster of a game. So many scenes that can tug at your heart strings, moreso than any game I've ever played really.

The only game I can think of that got any kind of an emotional reaction out of me in nearly the same way was the original FEAR, which was well written and also scary as gently caress for its time. The first time I played it at night after the rest of my family went to bed I only made it like a half an hour before I got freaked out and vowed to only play when there were other people awake.
Yeah the original Fear was pretty great in that regard. I loved freaking other people out with it.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah the original Fear was pretty great in that regard. I loved freaking other people out with it.

The loving ninjas in that game... first encounter with one of them was like "Hmm, what's that in the corner of the ceili- *aims flashligh* OHFUCKDIEDIEDIE!-huh, where'd it go?"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ the old crones! I did that quest with the tree and I have a bad feeling about this, I think I chose poorly. These ladies seemed pretty mad.

The Witcher Wild Hunt: Even right choices make you feel bad

I love this game, the characters are amazing and the story is really gripping, even though I have barely seen anything yet.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Hopper posted:

Jesus Christ the old crones! I did that quest with the tree and I have a bad feeling about this, I think I chose poorly. These ladies seemed pretty mad.

The Witcher Wild Hunt: Even right choices make you feel bad

I love this game, the characters are amazing and the story is really gripping, even though I have barely seen anything yet.

if it helps that's probably not the right choice

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Much like real life, I don't think there is one.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Hah, to say helping the Crones is the correct answer is pretty hilarious. The correct answer is doing what you feel is right, because things're hosed for innocent folk either way.

That said, helping the tree spirit is probably the most just option.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Nah, letting the spirit free is worse because at least The Crones get theirs in the good endings.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 2, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tree Spirit is the Crones' mother, who they sealed in the tree because she was hosed up even by their standards, so letting it go was probably not a good idea.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Tree Spirit is the Crones' mother, who they sealed in the tree because she was hosed up even by their standards, so letting it go was probably not a good idea.

I killed the spirit on my first run through, however I felt dirty about it afterward because my underlying assumptions proved to be incorrect, so I'm definitely curious to see what happens when I make the opposite choice on my next playthrough.

It's one of the things I love about the game; you try to use video game logic to try and suss out what's going to happen as a result of your choices, and then the game surprises you by having actual good writing and doing something genuinely unexpected...you don't get that in a lot of games.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MikeJF posted:

I mean you're taking Crone propaganda (the She Who Knows book) at face value there.

There is no correct choice here.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Guys

They eat orphans

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
Did anyone make the gwent thread yet?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Did anyone make the gwent thread yet?

I'll make one if you use your connections to get me a key.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guys

They eat orphans

Oh obviously they were on the murder list

I just didn't exactly want to free another evil in the process. Did you go back to Downwarren after you let it go?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 2, 2016

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

MikeJF posted:

I just didn't exactly want to free another evil in the process.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

MikeJF posted:

And I'm done.

I still haven't finished BW for this reason. I don't want it to be over.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guys

They eat orphans

No point in letting them go to waste. I mean they were probably gonna die anyways :v:

There should've been an option to kill the tree spirit, cut down the tree and craft it into a club. Then beat the witches to death with it. The baron too.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

MikeJF posted:

I just didn't exactly want to free another evil in the process. Did you go back to Downwarren after you let it go?

Comte works for CDPR as a quest designer.
He probably wrote what happened in Downwarren. Though we'll forgive him because he gave us talking Roach.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Helith posted:

Comte works for CDPR as a quest designer.
He probably wrote what happened in Downwarren.

... ... NEVER MIND THEN

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MikeJF posted:

Downwarren is crone minions. Nobody was missed. :colbert:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

Downwarren is crone minions. Nobody was missed. :colbert:

I assume they had children themselves in the village.

Basically everyone was evil. Aka the Witcher 3 Philosophy. Everyone sucks and Velen especially.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Nov 2, 2016

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Helith posted:

he gave us talking Roach.

Thank you for your service.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MikeJF posted:

I assume they had children themselves in the village.

Basically everyone was evil. Aka the Witcher 3 Philosophy. Everyone sucks and Velen especially.

I don't recall seeing any children in Downwarren. Probably already sent them off down the Trail of Treats before you showed up.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Was there ever an update to the devil's pit area quest wise? Or is it still just supposed to be a bandit camp with an inaccessible cave system?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

MikeJF posted:

And I'm done.

You think it's bad now. Just wait until you try to play another RPG and you realise they're all garbage to you now.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

You think it's bad now. Just wait until you try to play another RPG and you realise they're all garbage to you now.

It's true. I've been playing a lot of Destiny because I'm afraid to try another RPG. I'll never love another.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Under no circumstances should you try to play dragon age (any of them) immediately after witcher. Toss in a call of duty game or something as a palate cleanser first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Ainsley McTree posted:

Under no circumstances should you try to play dragon age (any of them) immediately after witcher. Toss in a call of duty game or something as a palate cleanser first.