Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007
To be honest I would still give The Happening an F as a comedy too. At best you get a couple weak grins from the stupid plot and bad acting, and then it just keeps going and going. I don't think it succeeds even through that lens. The Visit was a lot more entertaining even if you don't view it as an overt comedy (which I think it much more clearly is compared to Happening).

My favorite of his is still 6th Sense, ignoring the twist infamy surrounding it. Some really creepy scenes I remember there like the red balloon closet at the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The big tipoff that The Happening is a comedy is that John Leguizamo plays the only level-headed, calm and sensible character in the film.

But like Kick rear end 2 that doesn't necessarily means that it is a good comedy.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Ecstatic Elastic posted:

Unpopular opinion: I love this trailer to death and i think everything Shia touches turns to gold.

I feel the same way

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

John Wick for sure is a comedy.

This. I was lmbo from beginning to end with very few lulls.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Yeah, I'm thinkin' I'm back!

Yeah this is exactly right. There's this cool, sleek world of coins and suits and guns and neon and then there's this hangdog scraggly human Gumby murdering his way through it.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

bows1 posted:

I feel the same way

I posted the link because I had this weird sensation that I liked what I saw, but the music made me throw up. What a weird choice for a trailer.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Can anyone name a funnier jump scare than Yahtzee in recent movie history? Or ever really?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
All the stuff with the kids is just on the right side of precious. I really love that movie.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
If there was ever a movie that earned the hell out of "little kid raps a plot synopsis over the end credits",

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ecstatic Elastic posted:

Unpopular opinion: I love this trailer to death and i think everything Shia touches turns to gold.

Yeah it doesn't look bad and the music is a good fit I think.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

BonoMan posted:

Yeah it doesn't look bad and the music is a good fit I think.
Yeah, don't see the issue either.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah, don't see the issue either.

Also Shia Lebouf is a legit post modern artist.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Y'all seen Shia in American Honey? He was kinda broad but pretty drat magnetic in that

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
He gives the best performance in Fury, which is a movie not lacking great performances.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

LesterGroans posted:

He gives the best performance in Fury, which is a movie not lacking great performances.

hes ok. imo pena kicks that rear end

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Snapchat A Titty posted:

hes ok. imo pena kicks that rear end

That's fair. Pena is typically the best part of everything he's in.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LesterGroans posted:

That's fair. Pena is typically the best part of everything he's in.

Heck yes!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

goddamn is there a way i can block jimmy fallon specifically? i like youtube but i get real mad when i accidentally see that idiot and his idiot website or whatever the gently caress aaa

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Japanese teaser trailer for Kong: Skull Island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbSu5pgw6M

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Snapchat A Titty posted:

goddamn is there a way i can block jimmy fallon specifically? i like youtube but i get real mad when i accidentally see that idiot and his idiot website or whatever the gently caress aaa

Youtube's recommendations are just a way to torture all non-normies

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Let's block Casey Neistat too please.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Gyllenhaal and Reynolds in space. "Life":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgOGqWHtjP0

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm guessing a "Thing" situation. At some point I want to see a movie where they discover an alien micro-organism and treat it like they have heard of the movies where you burn that poo poo on sight.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
That's The Thing though! The team did everything according to protocol in that movie, there were just a few snafus. But yeah, just jettison it out the station, it would probably burn up in atmosphere. Probably. The shot at 0:15 makes it look like the world is burning, so there's nothing to lose!

(yes, those could just be city lights but come on they're huge and way too expansive)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Looks like an Alien knock-off.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

f#a# posted:

That's The Thing though! The team did everything according to protocol in that movie, there were just a few snafus. But yeah, just jettison it out the station, it would probably burn up in atmosphere. Probably. The shot at 0:15 makes it look like the world is burning, so there's nothing to lose!

(yes, those could just be city lights but come on they're huge and way too expansive)

Nah that's how the Earth looks nowadays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG0fTKAqZ5g

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Spikeguy posted:

I'm guessing a "Thing" situation. At some point I want to see a movie where they discover an alien micro-organism and treat it like they have heard of the movies where you burn that poo poo on sight.

You would be a terrible scientist.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not sure it'd be a Thing/Body Snatchers thingy but more Contagion mixed with Gravity.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hey you people! Are you stoked yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ziu6JzJTZ0

This is well on its way into becoming a Saints Row movie.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

This is so stupid but I would unironically watch it

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The MSJ posted:

I said this in the poster thread, but this looks like the the most shitmazing movie ever. I will be grinning every minute of it.

Also, DONNIE MOTHER loving YEN

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope the people making this understand that, unless there are contract issues or injuries or whatever, it would be extremely moronic if they don't have Donnie Yen fight Tony Jaa.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The MSJ posted:

I hope the people making this understand that, unless there are contract issues or injuries or whatever, it would be extremely moronic if they don't have Donnie Yen fight Tony Jaa.

I totally missed the fact he was in there ( I was so excited Donnie Yen was in it). This is going to be the best non-martial arts movie with martial arts.

The only thing better would be if Jackie Chan and Jet Li were the crotchety owners of the bar we see in the trailer and then beat the poo poo out of every one and kick them out for loving around with a live grenade. (yeah, I know it will never happen since they don't really like each other)

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

flosofl posted:

I totally missed the fact he was in there ( I was so excited Donnie Yen was in it). This is going to be the best non-martial arts movie with martial arts.

The only thing better would be if Jackie Chan and Jet Li were the crotchety owners of the bar we see in the trailer and then beat the poo poo out of every one and kick them out for loving around with a live grenade. (yeah, I know it will never happen since they don't really like each other)
Jackie Chan and Jet Li don't like each other? First I've heard of it. Chan described fighting Li in Forbidden Kingdom as "fighting a brother."

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Jackie Chan and Jet Li don't like each other? First I've heard of it. Chan described fighting Li in Forbidden Kingdom as "fighting a brother."

Maybe my info is incorrect then. The report I heard was that Chan thinks Li is too serious and doesn't have enough fun with things, and Li thinks Chan is too flippant and not dedicated to the "art". It was ages ago and might be "this guy I know says" sourced article.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Vegetable posted:

Brothers don't always agree on everything.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The MSJ posted:

Nope.

The first movie sucked. The second movie sucked.

I'll give a pass to the latter Furious films, but Riddick is the only Diesel franchise for me. Except maybe, uh, that one court movie he did. I liked that one.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

The MSJ posted:

Day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

The MSJ posted:

I never got the appeal of the XXX movies, and I was in the core 18-24 year old male demographic when the first two came out. This looks like more of the same, except 15 years behind on the popular culture references and trends, while Vin Diesel looks even doughier and less convincing as someone with any sort of physical prowess. I'll buy his shtick for the F&F movies, but that's about it.

Glad to see Donnie Yen getting more work stateside, but hard pass.

• Locked thread