Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
IRC is for olds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You also need a client. With Slack you can either download an app for your phone or open a browser window. No need to sign up or configure your server settings.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Tabletop miniatures and IRC. We are the kings of the nerds.

At least we aren't playing historicals :v:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It's even worse. We're playing historical science fiction.

Let that sink in for a moment

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BULBASAUR posted:

It's even worse. We're playing historical science fiction.

Let that sink in for a moment

:staredog: I... uh.... need a moment.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Whoever first described HH as historical 40K was loving spot on.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

You also need a client. With Slack you can either download an app for your phone or open a browser window. No need to sign up or configure your server settings.

Bullshit about 30k while at work? Sign me up.
Seconding historical 40k, except good.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

Seattle goons, would there be interest in a day/night of gaming with Bulbasaur and I? We're talking about coordinating something later this month.

:hawksin:

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

I can probably do something later in the month, depending on wife permission/coordination. She's doing a bunch of nanowrimo events.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I have Slack open all day for work, I'd welcome an inconspicuous extra tab for historical 40k.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Could do Discord.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ijyt posted:

Could do Discord.

That also works, but AFAIK mobile Discord is lacking a bit in features.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That's the wrong green for the Dark Angels legion in the year M30.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

panascope posted:

Seattle goons, would there be interest in a day/night of gaming with Bulbasaur and I? We're talking about coordinating something later this month.

I play most Thursday evenings at Meeples in West Seattle if that is at all convenient.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

That also works, but AFAIK mobile Discord is lacking a bit in features.

That is true. The $0 Slack should be fine anyway.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

ijyt posted:

That is true. The $0 Slack should be fine anyway.

My employer agrees, free Slack is just peachy :v:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The sheer number of sprues in the Prospero box is kinda intimidating the poo poo out of me.

I guess I'll put together the sisters and custodes this weekend to kinda get started, take a chunk out of it.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Zaphod42 posted:

The sheer number of sprues in the Prospero box is kinda intimidating the poo poo out of me.

I guess I'll put together the sisters and custodes this weekend to kinda get started, take a chunk out of it.

Nine of those are the three sets of tac marines, so it's not as bad as it looks.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

muskets posted:

Nine of those are the three sets of tac marines, so it's not as bad as it looks.

I mean, those are going to be pretty straightforward to put together, but its still 30 tac marines to assemble. Its gonna take me awhile.

Plus terminators, plus custodes, plus sisters, plus the two heroes.

Lots of figures to get at once!

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Maaaaake it a Slack channel

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Paging all 30k Troglodytes! Our official slack channel is open for resin fueled business. Please join and discuss important topics including: Angron's hair style, the best way to nerf breachers, Lion El'Jonson sexual orientation, power fisting etiquette in the year M30, historically accurate bolter dimensions, BULBASAUR's posting, and swapping pix of hardened battle brothers.

quote:

To Connect:
  • PM or post your email address to get an invite
  • Get your invite, click through to https://slack.com/signin or download the Slack app for your phone
  • Join handsomeboiz.slack.com
  • Make sure you're in the warhams30k channel
  • ???
  • Heresy

Panascope can you add this to the OP?

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 2, 2016

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

Paging all 30k Troglodytes! Our official slack channel is open for resin fueled business. Please join and discuss important topics including: Angron's hair style, the best way to nerf breachers, Lion El'Jonson sexual orientation, power fisting etiquette in the year M30, historically accurate bolter dimensions, BULBASAUR's posting, and swapping pix of hardened battle brothers.

This is complicated.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I don't think that's a public team, I can't join it.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Bulbasaur acting like a true IW.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I udpated the steps. I need your email first so I can send you assholes an invite

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I've barely ever thought about 30k before but I think I want to make some HH mans in a small warband/kill team kinda setup. I love the fluff idea of the Kill-teamish campaign in one of the HH books that is survivors of the Istvaan battle fighting a guerilla war against the traitors left behind to mop up.

I want to make a little band of Iron Hands, Raven Guard & Salamanders survivors. I'll use some combination of the Mk3 and Mk4 minis to do this and also probably a terminator or two (from the Iron Hands because you won't see me again lol.)

How many guys should I expect to need for this campaign/points scale? I'm guessing 15 is pushing it right?

Is there a particular matchup of the Armour Mks to the legions I mentioned? Any that are supposed to have older gear or whatever at the time?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I udpated the steps. I need your email first so I can send you assholes an invite

craigsniffen@craigsniffen.com

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

plz add so that I can show you all my collection of heresy fan art

it is most heretical

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 2, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BULBASAUR posted:

Pitch one my way, you should still have my email

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

infiniteweasels@gmail.com

Sure why not. Gives me a greater audience for when I endlessly fellate the Raven Guard.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

Bulbasaur acting like a true IW.

Speaking of them, I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this IW content preview. Sick.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Isn't Guy actually a pretty good writer? I might actually read that thing. Uncle P really needs some fleshing out.

First invites are out

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I think he is, but then again I can never remember who wrote what.

The Magnus book is also about him and Perturabo teaming up, which sounds like an amazing sitcom setup.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Mango Polo posted:

Speaking of them, I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned this IW content preview. Sick.

Kinda hyped for this, he needs more screen time.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Haha, so that's what that email was. Got it minutes after downloading the app on my phone and I was so confused.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

He has quite the gut on him.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

PMs seem busted for some reason so I'm going to post my actual e-mail like an idiot. [Redacted] I'll just edit it out later.

Please give me access to the Ur-Grog Party Pit.

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 3, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

JackMack posted:

He has quite the gut on him.

Dad-body is in right now.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
A quick question for anyone who's got the current red army list book - can apothecaries now take any power weapon, or is it still just a power sword? Was considering building one with an axe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Still just a sword

Next round of invites are out