Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I've discovered the Hanzone. To get there you have to consume 4 IPAs and some marijuana. Then the spirit of the dragon will guide your hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

verbal enema posted:

good and im glad

Rude

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I've discovered the Hanzone. To get there you have to consume 4 IPAs and some marijuana. Then the spirit of the dragon will guide your hand

You better be saying "Sake!" a lot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

im sorry im just sad at compet rn

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I'm calling a PvE mode gets announced this weekend and the whole dumb arg thing is about more than just a character.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm calling a PvE mode gets announced this weekend and the whole dumb arg thing is about more than just a character.

Oh my sweet June 2016 when Overwatch was freshly released child

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So does this game still have broken Ultrawide support? Or did they fix it?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Working as intended.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Dorado's alright. They should nuke Anubis instead. If I have to play another 20 minute draw I'm gonna turn into a battle.net forums poster.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

A lot of it is dependent on who you're hooking, for dumb hitbox reasons mostly.

Characters you can oneshot reliably:
Genji
Soldier 76
Tracer
Hanzo
Torb
Junkrat
Lucio
Zen
McCree

Characters you can oneshot unreliably:
Reaper
Pharah
Widow
Symmetra
Mercy

Good luck:
Mei
Ana

All the tanks and Bastion have too much health to oneshot, but if you've hooked Bastion you shouldn't have too much time finishing him off since it forces him out of turret into recon mode. Torb is easy as long as you look down slightly after the hook. These are all assuming the usual hook+m1+melee combo, and that the hook hasn't put them behind you or something like that. The unreliable ones are generally hard to kill on account of the character being skinny, so unless you get the shot off perfectly a bunch of the pellets will miss. Pharah is hard because she's usually flying around and the hook will pull her to weird spots that cause you to miss a chunk of the pellets. I can only kill Reaper about half of the time and I'm not even sure why, maybe he has slightly too much health or something.

Ana can occasionally be killed by the combo, but you kind of have to hook, walk forward a bit, and then m1+melee because it arbitrarily pulls her too far away to kill her properly. Even then she'll generally get away. Mei is drat near impossible to kill as Roadhog in my experience. It pulls her too far away for the combo to work, and if you hook and try to walk forward she'll inevitably iceblock herself in the time it takes you to move forward.

gently caress Mei.

I saw a video about tricks with roadhog, if you turn sideways when hooking it will pull the person closer.
and the new accepted meta is pellet shot, Hook, melee/pellet shot

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

you have to give em a melee after you shoot them

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

A lot of it is dependent on who you're hooking, for dumb hitbox reasons mostly.
(Useful stuff)

Thanks guys, genuinely didn't realize you had to melee after the hook - for some reason I never seem to see the melee animation when I'm the one getting blown away. Maybe it's a netcode thing.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Managed to spike an icicle through Tracer's head right after she came out of a recall, twice in one match yesterday.

Got accused of cheating.
Sure felt like I did.
I feel the urge to buy a lottery ticket.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

The best feeling in this game is blowing up meis the instant they exit ice block as junkrat, making sure to combine with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Last night I got gold for four objective kills. That's not actually a slight on my team, the attackers only managed to contest the first point in Temple of Anubis for the last 15 seconds before losing.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I hope there Sombra reveal is actually that Blizzard partnered with Nintendo and the new character is Croagunk.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-leaks-were-wrong-pokken-tournament-welcomes-croagunk--396854.phtml

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

PerrineClostermann posted:

Still broken and stupid.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

The best feeling in this game is blowing up meis the instant they exit ice block as junkrat, making sure to combine with a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

This but with a pulse bomb placed on the ice block.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Why am I seeing so many people with new accounts? This game seems really expensive to be buying smurfs. The only reason I see being given is 'so I can play with my friends', but surely the matchmaking system will quickly be putting you in as much lop-sided matches as you would get with your normal account anyway.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Does Roadhog say anything pre battle? I think he's the only character that doesn't comment on other characters or the region itself.

Just recently heard one from Torbjorn I hadn't heard before:

:quagmire: "I'd sure like to take a look under the hood of that Mech, if you know what I mean!"
Dva: "No way!"
:stare:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Panfilo posted:

Does Roadhog say anything pre battle? I think he's the only character that doesn't comment on other characters or the region itself.

I thought he and Junkrat have some banter.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Why am I seeing so many people with new accounts? This game seems really expensive to be buying smurfs. The only reason I see being given is 'so I can play with my friends', but surely the matchmaking system will quickly be putting you in as much lop-sided matches as you would get with your normal account anyway.

Maybe there are a lot of people actually buying the game? It seems to be doing quite well even now

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

A lot of people just want to play effort-free overwatch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Junkrat: You hook 'em, I'll cook 'em.
Roadhog: ...Shut up.

Roadhog: Try and stay out of trouble for once.
Junkrat: I'll be on me best behavior.

Ilios?: Mm... Pretty place. Be a shame to have to kill someone here.

Kings Row: Pretty sure they're still mad about those jewels we stole. *sigh* I miss that crown.

Dorado: Now I know why they call this place Dorado. *laughs*

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Maybe there are a lot of people actually buying the game? It seems to be doing quite well even now

Well, I'm talking about people with blatant new accounts. I played against a duo earlier, I can't remember their exact names, something like 'mcreeeeee' and 'tr4cer' playing those characters at level 10 or so. Some other guy in my last match had a bitching match with some people on my team who accused him of smurfing, which he denied until the very end, where he said 'btw smurfin lol' or words to that effect.

Can't say I'm that bothered but it's a mighty expensive way to get a new account.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Kashuno posted:

Kings Row: Pretty sure they're still mad about those jewels we stole. *sigh* I miss that crown.

Wow I never heard many of these. I guess because his voice is so low and growly it gets drowned out or I didn't notice them.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Kashuno posted:

Nepal: I feel... at peace here. But I'll have to kill again.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

A lot of people just want to play effort-free overwatch.

Quick play exists though

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

People who play online games are mentally ill, Blizzard fans especially.

There are people who buy and maintain a dozen WoW accounts and run them all simultaneously so they can control a personal synchronized death squad in WoW pvp. To what end, I don't know. You're barely even playing a game at that point.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

There are people who buy and maintain a dozen WoW accounts and run them all simultaneously so they can control a personal synchronized death squad in WoW pvp. To what end, I don't know. You're barely even playing a game at that point.

this sounds like something I'd hear on infowars or some poo poo it seems so ridiculous

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Lol a dozen? There's a dude who runs around on Emerald Dream with 50 characters. I can't remember his name but he has a ton of meltdown videos on YouTube.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

agent_wildflower posted:

Lol a dozen? There's a dude who runs around on Emerald Dream with 50 characters. I can't remember his name but he has a ton of meltdown videos on YouTube.

I feel these two things are probably related

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Finally got the 4 kill achievement with Hanzo's dragon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syz7Hq18zKY

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
This ARG is a tire fire, no matter how hard we try to put it out it's just keeps going.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I hope Blizzard throws an employee on the pyre as the person who messed up the counter.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

mind the walrus posted:

I hope Blizzard throws an employee on the pyre as the person who messed up the counter.

Which counter?

The forum post that was counting down?

The website that took 2 months to count to 100?

The discord firewall hack to 0?

The dorado power plant build to 100?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i am the person getting upset about a puzzle for a video game

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

kirbyabc posted:

American guy straining to think of a an appropriate addition to a diverse cast of characters from all over the world: What if there was a black American guy?

What if the black American was Canadian?

Tenebrous Tourist
Aug 28, 2008

Afraid of Audio posted:

i am the person getting upset about a puzzle for a video game

I haven't really been following it, but is it even a puzzle anymore? It sounds like it's just an endless string of countdowns leading into other countdowns.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Jimmeeee posted:

I haven't really been following it, but is it even a puzzle anymore? It sounds like it's just an endless string of countdowns leading into other countdowns.

When one countdown ends it doesn't pop up a link to the next, someone has to puzzle out where to look for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Why even do all this, especially when Ana was just "hey we're working on a long range healer" to "here's details on Ana" to "ok Ana is in the game now."