Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Lemming posted:

You can usually survive a nuke if you have one dash and book it immediately on seeing the eject. I can usually make it out in a Tone with a single dash after failing to execute as long as I don't get stuck on something.

Nuke eject doesn't actually have a big range. If you just turn and run when it starts off then you can almost always escape or at least get far enough away that it only does 1 pip of damage.

The only time I ever get killed by it is if I was chewing it up as Legion at close range and had my gun shield on, because then I can't spin down and I'm too chunky to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Something clicked with me last night and I started being a consistent contributor last night. I'm running the hemlok (which owns) with map hack and cloak. Map hack is too strong, and the hemlok feels just right to me.

I'm also using scorch, the best and strongest robot warrior. One thing I can't tell yet: can flame shield kill a rodeo?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Emron posted:

One thing I can't tell yet: can flame shield kill a rodeo?
I thought I saw people saying it could, but it sure as gently caress doesn't seem to do anything whenever I've tried it.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

MrBond posted:

What's the preferred network for xbone goons?

I think we gravitated to the BOYS network? Boy team super extreme I think? We should probably get the list of networks across platform added to the OP.

Emron posted:

Something clicked with me last night and I started being a consistent contributor last night. I'm running the hemlok (which owns) with map hack and cloak. Map hack is too strong, and the hemlok feels just right to me.

I'm also using scorch, the best and strongest robot warrior. One thing I can't tell yet: can flame shield kill a rodeo?

My click moment was when I picked up the G2 and slapped a threat scope on it and started running Phase Shift. It lets me do absurd things on Bounty Hunt, and can even outsnipe the Double Take due to much less bullet travel.

I also started running the random boost, which is hilariously overpowered sometimes and completely obnoxious others. It let me get a pilot turret online within the first minute of a bounty hunt match, which I promptly dropped in one of the spawn zones. I ended up banking over $1000 at the first bank opening.

Other times it gives you phase rewind, which I have never been able to figure out the best time to use.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Emron posted:

Flame shield used to be able to kill rodeoing pilots but they patched it out.

Other than electric smoke, I think only Scorch and North star can hit rodeoing pilots. They both can do the old back scratch maneuver with thermite/cluster missile.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Hackan Slash posted:

Flame shield used to be able to kill rodeoing pilots but they patched it out.

Other than electric smoke, I think only Scorch and North star can hit rodeoing pilots. They both can do the old back scratch maneuver with thermite/cluster missile.

Tone can, too. Walk right into a wall, fire 40mm slightly above eye-height. 3-4 hits, some splash damage to you, dead rodeo pilot.

Even better if you can find a low ceiling.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Anyone have tips on taking out Legion as Ronin one-on-one? He seems to be as close to a hard counter to Ronin as it gets. I've been trying to use the phase dash to get behind him for some cheeky swording, but he backs up to quickly and I've already burned my dashes trying to close the distance while he magdumps on me.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

ninjahedgehog posted:

Anyone have tips on taking out Legion as Ronin one-on-one? He seems to be as close to a hard counter to Ronin as it gets. I've been trying to use the phase dash to get behind him for some cheeky swording, but he backs up to quickly and I've already burned my dashes trying to close the distance while he magdumps on me.

Run away.

Alternatively, don't play Ronin

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

I think the only reliable way of dealing with it is by ambushing it when it's dealing with something else so that you can keep your dashes. Also, and this is essential, keep your phase dash in reserve to counter its charged shot: wait until it stops firing and the minigun barrels starts glowing and phase dash to prevent a lot of damage.
It still is very tricky to pull off since the charged shot fires off really quickly if the barrels are spinning, but it can't be held like Ion shoulder-laser.

That said I find Legion to be a good hard-counter to pretty much every other titan in the game, so you will be at a disadvantage anyway unless the other player is bad.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Alternatively, don't play Ronin

Not an option.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Magnus Condomus posted:

I think we gravitated to the BOYS network? Boy team super extreme I think? We should probably get the list of networks across platform added to the OP.

My click moment was when I picked up the G2 and slapped a threat scope on it and started running Phase Shift. It lets me do absurd things on Bounty Hunt, and can even outsnipe the Double Take due to much less bullet travel.

I also started running the random boost, which is hilariously overpowered sometimes and completely obnoxious others. It let me get a pilot turret online within the first minute of a bounty hunt match, which I promptly dropped in one of the spawn zones. I ended up banking over $1000 at the first bank opening.

Other times it gives you phase rewind, which I have never been able to figure out the best time to use.

One unexplained aspect of phase rewind is that you can hop out of it at any point by hitting the boost activation button again (Yes, I found this out by mashing the button and popping out and then back in exactly where I was), but I admit its still a little too... short? Even when I've been parkouring my hardest, its loop back time seems a little too short to be useful.

Emron posted:

Can confirm the hemlok kicks rear end. I picked it up at random and its so good for pinging people's heads.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Arghhhhhhh. When this game has bad latency it feels so insanely awful that it makes me question all the fun I've had with it. It's that bad.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I had no idea how much I used Hover until after I regenerated and didn't have it anymore

Time to save up some credits!

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

That was my joke answer :v:

But seriously, if you can't get the drop on him (more or less literally in this case) or are playing homestead (don't play ronin on homestead, no seriously you have a problem), RUN AWAY and let some other bastard deal with the Legion.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

is there a reason to use anything but map hack once you unlock it? Most of the boosts seem really weak (ticks lol)

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not currently.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Fuligin posted:

is there a reason to use anything but map hack once you unlock it? Most of the boosts seem really weak (ticks lol)

Pilot sentry is great on hardpoint. Ticks also do more work than you might imagine. I don't use them personally, but my friend swears by them.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I've had some success with ticks by throwing them at my feet when I run or slide into a building, knowing there is a good chance someone is chasing me. That, and they seem to do pretty decent damage to Titans.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Fuligin posted:

Ticks are situationally strong when placed in tight, enclosed spaces. They can still waste time but their explosion range is deceptively large.

Pilot turrets absolutely wreck if placed well.

Radar jammer has a tendency to make enemies far less cautious about shooting/movement and as a result they tend to run face first into danger more often.

Battery backup is a very easy way to get your titan quicker, since you can shove that battery into an ally and get boosted right near/over the titan mark.

Smart pistol is like the amped smart pistol from the first game with a little more steroids. It goes away if you die, but combined with cloak is very solid.

Dice roll lets you get boosts for cheaper then their normal meter cost

Map hack is probably gonna get hit by the nerf bat due to its chainability (6 people all running map hack).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The first thing I unlocked was Dice Roll and it's a really fun way to play because every boost allows you to vary your game plan

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Smart pistol seems worse, because it now alerts pilots when they're being locked on. I think cloak breaks the lock and phase shift definitely does, only seen one person run it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fuligin posted:

the devs have already acknowledged this and are likely going to be nerfing it, along with probably legion

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is there a way to rotate pilot sentries to put them in a corner?

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Emron posted:

Is there a way to rotate pilot sentries to put them in a corner?

Back into the corner and look at your feet.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

the devs have already acknowledged this and are likely going to be nerfing it, along with probably legion

Legion seems to be OP mostly because people are bad fighting him. The amount of people that try and go head to head astound me. He's also probably the easiest (or second easiest) Titan to use.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hackan Slash posted:

Legion seems to be OP mostly because people are bad fighting him. The amount of people that try and go head to head astound me. He's also probably the easiest (or second easiest) Titan to use.

The other options being? The maps don't allow you to hunt and peck a Legion to death, you're going to have to fight and kill it or just run forever.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
I really didn't expect myself to enjoy the campaign as much as I did. That poo poo was dope. I have never been so invested in the wellbeing of a robot.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
The end-game mission where you get to fight along side the other Pilots in the enemy ship, wall running and breaching the windows was really cool. I wish they included more of that in the campaign.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Prophecy120 posted:

The end-game mission where you get to fight along side the other Pilots in the enemy ship, wall running and breaching the windows was really cool. I wish they included more of that in the campaign.

Yeah, I feel like the only person that was pretty underwhelmed by most of the campaign. The last hour was cool, but everything up to that was pretty average.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the only level I didn't like was the 100% titan one towards the end, mostly because the way I played the campaign was to rarely ever shoot anybody and try to just past all the enemies using the geometry.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007

Orv posted:

The other options being? The maps don't allow you to hunt and peck a Legion to death, you're going to have to fight and kill it or just run forever.

I disagree, you can basically corner peak him down on any map. Don't bother engaging while his shield is up, just wait it out. The one thing I would change is making it more obvious when smart core is active. Also possibly a little more spread on long range mode.

Legion's whole design is "This guy wins toe-to-toe fights"

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013
Grappling hook kills are the sickest poo poo in this game. I wish the kill-feed would say Grapple instead of Melee. I need everyone to know.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Tone also needs a small adjustment, just make the Salvo core a little worse and the Sonar ping once and show still images of the opponents. Then, perfect.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Is there any sort of PC anticheat? I just went through a match where a dude spent most of the time stomping back and forth in his tone swiveling from pilot to pilot perfectly even when maphack wasn't up. Also perfectly snapping onto a stealth-ejecting pilot from a titan he wasn't even fighting.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I want to like this game. I really do.

The concept is fun, and the movement controls feels so smooth. It's great!

I can't get over how annoying the multiplayer is. I can only seem to connect to 'Amped hardpoint' mode games. When i do connect I try to play sensibly cap/defend points and push with teammates. But 9 out of 10 times It ends up feeling like a titan slugfest team deathmatch game. I would swear I've encountered a good handful of aimbots (thanks, kill-cam!) and I end up getting stomped along with my team by MLG 420 360 noscope headshoots.

I'm not the best FPS gamer around, and I'm well past my prime, but it seems like in this game, good shooting will beat good strategy almost all the time.

Finally, I'm only level 8, and think that using the tactical personal shield would be greatly beneficial, but I can't unlock it for like 42 more levels, so gently caress that.

I'm just having a really hard time bringing myself to play it anymore, It just doesn't seem fun - and I've only had it for like 4 days.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I feel like... maybe... it is too easy to get a titan once titans start dropping?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

LordAdakos posted:

The concept is fun, and the movement controls feels so smooth. It's great!

I can't get over how annoying the multiplayer is. I can only seem to connect to 'Amped hardpoint' mode games. When i do connect I try to play sensibly cap/defend points and push with teammates. But 9 out of 10 times It ends up feeling like a titan slugfest team deathmatch game. I would swear I've encountered a good handful of aimbots (thanks, kill-cam!) and I end up getting stomped along with my team by MLG 420 360 noscope headshoots.

I'm not the best FPS gamer around, and I'm well past my prime, but it seems like in this game, good shooting will beat good strategy almost all the time.

Finally, I'm only level 8, and think that using the tactical personal shield would be greatly beneficial, but I can't unlock it for like 42 more levels, so gently caress that.

I'm just having a really hard time bringing myself to play it anymore, It just doesn't seem fun - and I've only had it for like 4 days.

You should be able to connect to Bounty hunt/Attrition which is way more fun than hardpoint imo. Hardpoint is just frustrating to play without a full team. If I am playing solo I like attrition the best because it looks awesome running around in that mayhem and even if you suck you are still contributing by killing grunts. You can win the match for your team by focusing on killing AI even. Lastly hop on one of the discords and play with a group, it is way more fun than playing solo.

--

In other news, apparently you can throw a gravity star on a nuclear ejecting titan to suck the pilot back in and have him blow up with the titan. It is my life's goal to capture a clip of this now, I will try today.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pyswagoras posted:

Grappling hook kills are the sickest poo poo in this game. I wish the kill-feed would say Grapple instead of Melee. I need everyone to know.

Back the dick up, if you hit a pilot with the grapple it's a kill?

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

LordAdakos posted:

Use your credits to buy it? That's exactly what they're for. Also I'm by no means great at fps, but regularly get near the top of the scoreboards by playing smart, and making a lot of points once titans drop, especially by stealing/depositing batteries. Use the stim pilot to get out of dodge whenever someone starts shooting at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
How is the player base in the PC version? Do I need to worry about it dying off soon?