Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Crazyeyes posted:

That's not from an actual episode.

its from the toriko crossover or something but that was just the first example i found on google. theres a million more that are just as bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Crazyeyes posted:

That's not from an actual episode.

i'm genuinely disappointed

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

mabels big day posted:

Idk if theres an anime thread, but i'm finally taking the dive and i'm gonna watch all 800 episodes or whatever of this.

There is actually a OP anime thread somewhere, but as far as I've noticed, people mostly post about the anime in the manga thead.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

alkanphel posted:

There is actually a OP anime thread somewhere, but as far as I've noticed, people mostly post about the anime in the manga thead.

I couldnt find it in the first few pages so i dont think anyone will mind if i post about it as I go here

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

alkanphel posted:

The anime thread mostly died when it became a mock/hate thread basically.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Jose posted:

i'm genuinely disappointed

it owns how easy it is to believe its straight from the show though

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I really don't think you'll make it. I don't think you fully grasp the insane drop in quality. You're among fans here, rabid ones, and we just can't stomach that poo poo.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
I personally made it to the end of Dressrosa. You will never understand my pain.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I find most of the anime's big moments are just color spreads of the manga's panels with the screen shaking or the DOOM sound in the background.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Crazyeyes posted:

I personally made it to the end of Dressrosa. You will never understand my pain.

I do. It's not absolutely wretched, but like I posted previously, you start noticing the stupid poo poo they do to pad things out. I wish 12-15 episode seasons were a thing when One Piece started airing.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I will only cut the anime out of my life completely when they release a printed version of chapter 209 that plays the 4th Movement of Dvorak's New World Symphony :colbert:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Whenever the pacing switched over to 1 episode = 1 chapter was when it became unbearable for me.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Green Intern posted:

Every time I think about how long Zou's legs must be I crack up. Crazy stilt-legged giant elephant.

good job

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
Imagine how good the One Piece anime would be if they produced one 13 episode season a year.

It would be really good.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Thriller Bark is when the anime begins its downward spiral since that's the arc where you started to get that faux-Ghibli artstyle that some of the episodes had and it looks really weird compared to the rest of the series up to that point, which managed to keep the art relatively consistent and on-model. poo poo doesn't start to go off the rails though until Marineford, where you started getting instances of super-shiny characters with extremely fluid yet bizarrely off-model animation.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
enies lobby looked super good in the anime

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
i would actually suck like 100 dudes off (all of toeis big wigs) for madhouse style HXH redo from the start and can foreshadow and tease poo poo that wasnt known in the year 2003 or whatever idk it'll never happen though and im not even holding out for a kai style thing after OP finishes

i also only said id suck 100 dudes because i understand equivalency

edit: i actually watched hxh 2011 for the first time over the summer after loving the 99 version as a kid and holy poo poo i was so blown away and it killed my little soul knowing OP will never get a treatment like this

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Sub Harrison posted:

I find most of the anime's big moments are just color spreads of the manga's panels with the screen shaking or the DOOM sound in the background.

This is what killed it for me. I kept hanging on, telling myself "at least I'll get to see the big moments animated", but even those are garbage now. It's both a testament to Odas skill and a damnation of the animes lack of budget/manpower that the manga is more dynamic

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

RatHat posted:

So yes, Zunisha actually is an elephant with really long legs.

I'm so happy... :unsmith:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's a hilariously awful translation of 845 up on Mangafox.

Apparently they just gave up and didn't translate the last few pages either.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

RatHat posted:

There's a hilariously awful translation of 845 up on Mangafox.

Apparently they just gave up and didn't translate the last few pages either.
really?? i couldn't imagine that power came from single women

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Boy, that escalated quickly. :stare:

It's a break next week, right? I assumed it would slow down for a few chapters, but it looks like Whole Cake Island is about to hit its climax.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've probably watched like 400 episodes of the anime, and I'm here to tell you, don't loving do it.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

The anime has definitely deepened my love of One Piece. It did a really great job on some of the early big moments - the walk to Arlong Park (Overtaken loving owns), the Vivi goodbye, Luffy vs Enel, everything to do with Sogeking and Enies Lobby... they were all enriched by the anime's treatment, but it's been a long time since it came even close to hitting those highs.

I still 'hear' the anime actors and music a lot when I'm reading chapters, but I could never go back to watching.

rest in peace one piece anime golden age, we'll never forget you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNyP3uzgRhA

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here's 845 with a good translation.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bond already told us of the consequences of beat off a 3 star officer in the big moms crew

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Dunno why I thought Big Mom and Kaidou wouldn't be quite as powerful as Whitebeard and Shanks. Probably because they were in the background for so long.

Whitebeard's and family v. Big Mom and alliances would've been a fight to see.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Big mom will send out an enraged army!

Make way! We're the enraged army.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Work Friend Keven posted:

Big mom will send out an enraged army!

Make way! We're the enraged army.

:kingsley:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Not sure how the Straw Hats get out of this one. I guess Nami uses her mirages to hide Luffy? But he's still screwed if one of the guys sent by Big Mom has Color of Observation.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Nami is going to end up controling both those weather dudes. Mark my words.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

Not sure how the Straw Hats get out of this one. I guess Nami uses her mirages to hide Luffy? But he's still screwed if one of the guys sent by Big Mom has Color of Observation.

He's already in the middle of the fight on the last page, so it's probably a bit late for that.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Bond already told us of the consequences of beat off a 3 star officer in the big moms crew

What are the consequences for beating off a commander? :fap:

Silver2195 posted:

Why would they need to? Sanji's brothers think the army is impressive, but they're all completely new people we've never heard of and are almost definitely mooks. High level mooks, but mooks all the same. Luffy is going to beat them. Nami might help, but if she does I seriously cannot see it being by hiding him. Putting aside that he's already engaged the army in combat, having him hidden, even against his wishes, betrays his promise to Sanji. Luffy will beat the army and one of the other commanders will go out to engage him most likely. That'll be when poo poo hits the fan for him, and I imagine Nami will have to step in to help or fight in place of an exhausted Luffy, who Sanji can arrive just in time to feed so he can fight Big Mam/Mom. I say that simply because I can't see him having a fight against a second commander this arc, but can see Nami doing so quite easily. I'd say Sanji, but Judge is almost definitely his big fight for the arc.

tsob fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 2, 2016

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm getting some real bad Sausage Party flashbacks

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i hope we get a chapter of luffy just trashing people that aren't cracker tier levels of power

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm getting some real bad Sausage Party flashbacks

I was really hoping that during those pages Sanji would take a bite of the food and then insult the food and/or chef, pissing off Big Mam/Mom. What we got was probably far better, but I was definitely expecting it given all the singing food and how dejected he looked.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh there is Bobbin! I was wondering when the hell was he gonna appear since his first appearance.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Demon Lady Amant is my favorite Dark Souls boss

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Arg why another break?? We're so close to the strawhats counter-attack. I'm guessing Luffy will be captured and be put on execution for the wedding, then chopper brook nami jinbei and co bust out with the keys and vivre cards. I'm kinda hoping Luffy gets pulverized offscreen, but obviously we'll need the top-mom fighters to show off their abilities before the arc delves into the usual One Piece 3-month segment of 1v1s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

tsob posted:

I was really hoping that during those pages Sanji would take a bite of the food and then insult the food and/or chef, pissing off Big Mam/Mom. What we got was probably far better, but I was definitely expecting it given all the singing food and how dejected he looked.

I'm still not quite sure how that works. Is the living food the result of Big Mom using her power to put souls in the food? If so, why? Just because she really likes the idea of musical tea parties where the food sings?