Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Do I have to play this week or can I just call it a loss?

Me vs Ash.

10th place in points vs 1st in points. He's fully 200 ahead of me.

He doesn't even have a complete lineup and he's still the favorite to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You do in fact have to make an honest attempt each week to win. If you deliberately tank to another team, that's unfair to everyone else who had to play against you when you were actually trying to win.

...yeah, I know you're just joking, but I figured it was worth a serious response anyway. :shrug:

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
2pts from Alex Smith and he is done for the day.

I had no chance before, but now I am negative chance.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That sucks. I always want to win but not due to injuries.

e. to be clear, we're not playing each other, I'm just comisserating

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 30, 2016

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
If my opponents team all got hurt I wouldnt like it... but at this point a win would be a win for fucks sake.

All three leagues I am in are the same way.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Remember back like three weeks ago, when I was leading the league? Aaah, those were the good old days.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
my bench did awesome this week

so did my starters besides Mark Ingram. Cole Beasley protect this lead please so I can extend my division lead

therealVECNAmfers
Aug 24, 2016

Undead Overlard
took a gamble benching cam newton vs mariota ... looks like that one paid off, some of my other choices.. not so much.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

What is going on in Division 1

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bloody posted:

What is going on in Division 1

I don't know but I've smoked two guys in Division 2 (the so called "good division") and I'm a bottom 3 team right now.

Hey, when you're this bad you just get proud of the little things.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I've been at or above 0.5 like all season and it's weird and worrying

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Beginning to regret saving bosa because dang it would be nice to have this week already buttoned up but if this vikings linebacker has even an average performance I think I can pull off another win

My points for is not particularly good but contending feels great

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Well T.J. Ward was a tremendous pickup for me this week, but that's balanced by grabbing and starting Jacquizz Rodgers' presumed backup, Peyton Barber, and seeing him get exactly 1 carry for 1 yard on three snaps, while supposedly third guy Antone Smith got 22 snaps.

Also Jeremy Maclin had his best game since week 1 (which still isn't saying much) on my bench. Notably, I sat him week one, and on his bye week, and then this weekend, while starting him every week he scored less than 10 points. gently caress you, Jeremy Maclin!

Starting Brandon LaFell was a huge mistake, I forgot he was in London. So of course he handed in his worst performance of the season, with one catch for six yards on two targets. gently caress you, Andy Dalton and the Cincinnati Bengals! I hate you all!

I seriously considered starting Mohamed Sanu, but didn't. He put up 18.9 points. I seriously considered starting Anquan Boldin, too, but he had a terrible game, so whew there I guess.

Meanwhile, Superstar Tight End Greg Olsen hosed me over with one catch for 11 yards; either of my bench TEs would have been good starts, and I could have started both of them instead of Maclin and still done way better. gently caress you, Cam Newton!

My IDP guys are the bright spot on my team. I heart you, Sean Lee.

I'm dropping to 4-4, so I guess my season is still salvagable, but I'm gonna need these fuckup players of mine to start producing consistently.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I had 130 points on my bench, started a RB that got negative points and somehow had the #2 score this week. I feel like my 6-2 team is going to be exposed as a fraud very soon

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Holy gently caress I'm 4-4.

And on top of my division!

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
To white flag trade or not to white flag trade - that is the question. Sucks I had to win the last two so now poo poo got all cloudy again.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
It's fun to look at the trade I made at the beginning of the season and the waiver moves I've made and realize I'd probably be in the same place and better off going forward if I did nothing.

Fantasy football is awesome.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I just updated my trading block, but I realized, do we have a trade deadline? Did that pass?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There is no trade deadline in our league. In the dynasty format, it's not suspicious for owners mathematically eliminated from playoff contention to trade with owners that are still contenders, because owners want to build for the future as well. Additionally, the league incentivizes trying to win matches even if you're eliminated, because you can contend for the consolation bracket championship.

Note that you can trade future rookie/free agent draft picks, too, but you have to pay dues in advance for any future year in which you send or receive a pick.

Rolodex
Jan 7, 2006
Looking for some trade advice. Someone in my 12 man PPR league proposed:

Jay Ajayi (Mia)
Drew Brees (No)
Steve Smith (Bal)

For

Julio Jones (Atl)

My current injury riddled roster: http://imgur.com/a/No8M8

I'm strongly leaning towards this trade but would love a sanity check from the community!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I'm too lazy to look up Brees and Smith's stats.

Is Brees really that much better than Winston this year?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

You guys maybe wanted the regular fantasy football thread?

Rolodex
Jan 7, 2006
Brees is averaging 23 points a game to Winston's 17.3 in my league.

Rolodex
Jan 7, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

You guys maybe wanted the regular fantasy football thread?

Ah yeah, woopsie!

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
:bahgawd: and stay out!

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I have 2 guys named West. Both running backs.

I'd be dumb not to start them both, right? I mean, it's some kind of aligning of the stars. gently caress, I'm going to check if any of my other guys have names of directions and start them too.

Edit: No other guys with directional names.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
As the owner of the other 2 KC RBs, I say go for it. I also have TWest in my friends league and I like his matchup this week.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have eight running backs on my team, and no more than maaaybe three are startable.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You just made me count and I have 7rb and 7wr.

Insane how only two are good.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have to keep reminding myself that this is dynasty so it's OK, these are all stashes, it'll be better next year. It also seems ridiculous to be just about assuming this is a lost season when I'm still 4-4 and second in my division, but... that's a 4-game losing streak. Things seem grim.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I cant even delude myself into believing these are stashes. I think I am just bad at make believe football.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Wendell Smallwood is going to be my savior at RB in five years

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I have seven active receivers, zero of whom are startable, plus one on ir and one on taxi. I have more receivers than a normal league has starting players of any kind.

My entire team is Matty ice, ezekiel, and whichever idp has a great game this week

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'll trade you matty ice for like, two or three low-grade receivers? How do you feel about brandon lafell and anquon boldin
e. I mean I realize we're playing this week and Ryan already played but consider it a standing offer.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Dude if MVP Matt Ryan is available let me in on this.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
I have an Andrew Luck that would consider a new home to toss his footballs at.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This double West thing has me pretty worried just before the half.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Reminder to see wtf is up with McLeod on my team on Monday.

He didnt have an int, MFL is showing points for it though.

At least at half he didnt.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
gently caress me, I didn't realize WAS was also on by this week. hosed up picking up a TE to cover Gronk's bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I was gonna be all smug about Cobb's goose egg and now, welp. That TD may sink me.