Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Party Plane Jones posted:

People were still in line at 1 AM in 2012 in Miami-Dade.

on top of that florida wasn't officially called until three days later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
O'Keefe farted out his latest video after hyping that Hillary said some racist poo poo for the past two months.

Video's a donor to a north carolina democratic campaign saying blacks who vote for republicans are like the jews who helped the nazis. :trumppop:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The problem with Twitter being neutral is that we live in the post-modern era in which there is no longer a mutually agreed upon concept of fact or reality. Reality has become political. You cannot stay neutral and claim all perspectives are equally reasonable. You have to firmly cull the herd and guide discourse towards its most reasonable outcome.

the marketplace of ideas, just like the actual marketplace, still requires regulators. Without them, the same issues arise.

Reality Regulator is pretty Brave New World.

I like it.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

comingafteryouall posted:

Isn't Trump supposed to maintain he has no connection with Wikileaks? Why is he going out and talking about their release schedule like he has some insider info.

The same reason why Russia Today was reporting on a tweet that hasn't happened yet. The Russians gave Assange his "dirt" because he's a useful idiot and Assange has probably been dropping a line to Trump HQ about what's about to happen. It's not a strong Russia/Trump connection. The fact that the republicans can look at obvious foreign influence on our election, especially from the Russians, and run with it is something much worse. Russia is supposed to be the GOP's sworn foreign enemy, and here the GOP sits, giving Putin a free pass...hell, even encouraging them to interfere.

I know it's :tinfoil: but I'm starting to think that the whole FBI thing was a Russian operative in the agency. Probably not Comey, but he knew it was going to happen, which is the real reason he sent the letter. This is some straight up Tom Clancy Sum of all Fears poo poo but drat if this election hasn't been a work of overblown fiction since the beginning.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Antti posted:

You had me freaked out for a moment like that other poster, but - the scenario of a Trump WH and a Dem senate is completely pants-on-head. I realize the models don't talk to each other, I guess some of the outlier polls and generally weird results are throwing everything off.

They do calculate the possibility of a split Senate being decided by the VP according to the win % of each presidential candidate, I don't know what else they take into account

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Here you go buddy in one convenient single easily quotable post

This should be empty-quoted at the top of every new page until Tuesday

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/us/iowa-police-shooting/

Two cops in Iowa ambushed and killed, I'm sure this will be big news

quote:

The suspect in Wednesday's fatal shootings of two police officers in central Iowa was known to police, in part because police asked him to leave an Urbandale High School football game about two weeks ago, Urbandale Police Chief Ross McCarty said at a news conference.
Scott Michael Greene, of Urbandale, was asked to leave the game after he waved a Confederate flag during the national anthem and people complained it was offensive, McCarty said. "He said he was invoking his First Amendment rights, and we were trampling on them," McCarty said.

Nevermind

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Florida is gonna be reenacting 2000 all over again, but the rest of the country is going to be a hillary victory that it ultimately won't matter.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

So how much should I be arzying today?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FactsAreUseless posted:

Not many. By all reports, TFR is one of the best-behaved gun forums on the internet.

Not exactly setting a high bar there, are you. :v:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

iospace posted:

They believe Putin is a better leader. I'm not joking, they want a strongman as a leader, not someone who is willing to work together and compromise.

Correction: They want a strongman that lets them be better than other people. Putin is attractive so long as there isn't an actual American Russian War and specifically they aren't being inconvenienced, threatened or killed. Remember, these people warn that a Clinton presidency would mean war with Putin. They like it when he's brutalizing his own people, homosexuals and Muslims, but hold a fear in the back of their head that if they don't appease, they will be hurt.

Trump sells them the idea that he would be their Putin and its all the more hilarious that they continue to believe this when come next week he will likely call them all losers for failing him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

edrith posted:

The problem is that Twitter quite often doesn't do anything about not just grey-area cases but straight up rape and death threats.

I'm sure given the number of reports going through every day and the number of users out there, it's hard to keep up, but Twitter very rarely responds to any harassment, ever. Milo only got the axe because he was gleefully and publicly leading a concentrated campaign.

I know several people who have reported rape threats to Twitter and the police: Twitter would say it didn't violate guidelines, and the police would say "What's Twitter?"
This is fair. I look at Twitter and see the scale of it as an impossible problem, but I don't know Twitter's internal politics well. They may just suck.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The problem with Twitter being neutral is that we live in the post-modern era in which there is no longer a mutually agreed upon concept of fact or reality. Reality has become political. You cannot stay neutral and claim all perspectives are equally reasonable. You have to firmly cull the herd and guide discourse towards its most reasonable outcome.

the marketplace of ideas, just like the actual marketplace, still requires regulators. Without them, the same issues arise.

Just look at the goddamn Starbucks cup "controversy". To a rational person depicting Americans of all ethnicities, ages, genders, and abilities in a patriotic display is inoffensive, if a bit pandering. However to 40% of the country this is nothing more than a liberal plot to rig the election by...suggesting that everyone should vote?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

chumbler posted:

So how much should I bearzying today?

Maximum, always, at all times

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

chumbler posted:

You should constantly arzy about bears. They are godless killing machines.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

chumbler posted:

Never don't not be un-arzying

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Lemming posted:

Nevermind

We are in the post-good taste era. Film the crying families and show pictures of the dead bodies and then say MURDERED BY A TRUMP SUPPORTER and have CNN ask why Trump is actively courting the police murderer vote. gently caress everything let's burn it all to the ground.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

chumbler posted:

set engines to three quarter arzy bearing south southeast

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Cabbit posted:

You should constantly arzy about bears. They are godless killing machines.

untrue

Black Bears are the fuccboi's of the bear kingdom

loving punk Black Bears

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Lemming posted:

Nevermind
Neither Fox nor CNN mentioned it the entire hour I was eating my lunch. If the killer was black and/or Muslim, I am guessing it would have been the top story.

They caught the guy. I bet the reason he did it is 'mental illness.'

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shillary posted:

Just look at the goddamn Starbucks cup "controversy". To a rational person depicting Americans of all ethnicities, ages, genders, and abilities in a patriotic display is inoffensive, if a bit pandering. However to 40% of the country this is nothing more than a liberal plot to rig the election by...suggesting that everyone should vote?

Wait, what is this now?

Is this a different cup controversy from the red Christmas cups? Are there MULTIPLE Starbucks cup controversies?

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

chumbler posted:

Someone please draw an anxious looking bear reading the newspaper with a thought bubble that says "Oh no!"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Lol that LA times idiot poll jumped from T+2 Sunday to T+6 today

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Cthulhumatic posted:

So all of the 'murricans supporting Trump literally do not care that he's being fed intel by a foreign actor? And that the foreign actor is controlled by Putin?

What in the everloving gently caress is wrong with these people?

They're monsters.

No seriously, they're truly awful excuses for human beings. They despise the concept of democracy, and will stop at nothing to subject the minorities of this country to their whims. Just as bad are the true conservatives, who will nuture this horseshit in a hail-mary attempt to shatter the federal government.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lemming posted:

Nevermind

Yahoo's front page had a story on it without anything on the suspect's identity, despite it being known, prior to him being captured, as their top story thing not too long ago.

Went back there now, post-capture, and there's nothing on the killings at all.

MrBuddyLee
Aug 24, 2004
IN DEBUT, I SPEW!!!

FAUXTON posted:

Or the curious case of Arizona who just ignores daylight savings because every hitler needs his autobahn?
Ignoring Daylight Savings is awesome--you should try it!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

WampaLord posted:

Wait, what is this now?

Is this a different cup controversy from the red Christmas cups? Are there MULTIPLE Starbucks cup controversies?
*extremely salutes the flag*

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We are in the post-good taste era. Film the crying families and show pictures of the dead bodies and then say MURDERED BY A TRUMP SUPPORTER and have CNN ask why Trump is actively courting the police murderer vote. gently caress everything let's burn it all to the ground.

This unironically. Decorum is dead, burn the sons of bitches at the stake.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Instant Sunrise posted:

or to use an overwatch analogy:

Trump's team has been holding the control point when Hillary's team was defending and about to run out the clock, and Trump's team all got wiped and and the overtime is quickly burning down, and in comes Comey as Mercy to pull a last second "Heroes never die!" and turn the match around. Only it turns out that none of the people on Trump's team were paying attention and died again almost right afterwards.

This would make for a good .gif

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

*extremely salutes the flag*

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

WampaLord posted:

Wait, what is this now?

P.sure some people think a relatively benign green/white cup symbolizing unity is somehow a hidden message of Islamic takeover.

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

WampaLord posted:

Wait, what is this now?

Apparently depicting people of different nationalities, happy, together, is a war on CHRISTMAS

Ganon
May 24, 2003
Not gonna feel great about Sherrod Brown, Bill Nelson, and other Dems in '18 if Feingold can't even win in a Pres year

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

WampaLord posted:

Wait, what is this now?

Starbucks is taking heat literally because they said Racism was Bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A major problem with politics, and one that liberals and leftists are not immune to, is that we get into the attitude of 'sports teams.' Rather than genuinely considering the idea of each individual actor it becomes "our guy is winning!" And like a lot of sports fans people are okay with their guy winning through iffy means as long as he wins and are willing to downplay their flaws. (And again, this isn't exclusively conservatives.) With an election this heated and this intense people are getting crazier and crazier and are okay with ANYTHING winning as long as it does. To some degree this is the same thing that feeds the "Trump totally has an underage sex tape where he shouts racial slurs" mindset, which is only meaningfully different from a Michelle Obama Whitey Tape insomuch as Trump is more believable as having actually done it. (And I'd say 'even that is leftist bias' but I think it's pretty unobjectionable to say that Trump doing something skeevy is more believable than Michelle Obama going on a whitey rant.)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Alec Bald Snatch posted:

set engines to three quarter arzy bearing south southeast

Second star to the right wing, and straight white male till morning

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Ganon posted:

Not gonna feel great about Sherrod Brown, Bill Nelson, and other Dems in '18 if Feingold can't even win in a Pres year

Feingold has consistently not performed well. Bill Nelson will win easily in Florida, Brown will get some lovely challenger but likely win unless it's John Kasich.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Cthulhumatic posted:

So all of the 'murricans supporting Trump literally do not care that he's being fed intel by a foreign actor? And that the foreign actor is controlled by Putin?

What in the everloving gently caress is wrong with these people?

A guy I know posted some lovely Breitbart article about another Podesta email and complained that the liberal media wasn't covering it because they're biased. When I called him on it he straight up said he doesn't care if Breitbart is untrustworthy and that he's just trying to counter all the spin that's being done for Clinton.

Yup.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah, this is the good poo poo. Gladiatorial combat. Ask Trump and his supporters why they haven't denounced the cop killer yet. Bring the Bundys in for questioning about how they inspired the killings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Hulk Krogan posted:

A guy I know posted some lovely Breitbart article about another Podesta email and complained that the liberal media wasn't covering it because they're biased. When I called him on it he straight up said he doesn't care if Breitbart is untrustworthy and that he's just trying to counter all the spin that's being done for Clinton.

Yup.

There's no arguing with these people. Write off discussing anything political with them because all that will happen is you'll lose brain cells.

• Locked thread