Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy poo poo that ending!

I also loved that throughout this entire arc, her classmates noticed something was off. This was a really cool way to introduce her quirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
So now we know why that girl was ok with everyone seeing her naked.

Which character do you think would be most susceptible to being tricked by Toga if she impersonated Deku?

I'm thinking Iida.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

logger posted:

So now we know why that girl was ok with everyone seeing her naked.

Which character do you think would be most susceptible to being tricked by Toga if she impersonated Deku?

I'm thinking Iida.

I'm thinking Denki, Mineta and possibly Pinky as well. I'd say Kaminari too, but he looks like he's perceptive when it comes to people... and even if he had a blind spot, he would take Bakugou's word, and he would most certainly know. Iida's up in the air.

Everyone else... I dunno.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Huh, now we have 2 antagonists with quirks activated by ingesting blood.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neo_Crimson posted:

Huh, now we have 2 antagonists with quirks activated by ingesting blood.

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier. I mean, it's a very villain thing and all, but, yeah. That said, Toga does worship Stain; her having similar powers could be a factor.

resurgam40 posted:

I'm thinking Denki, Mineta and possibly Pinky as well. I'd say Kaminari too, but he looks like he's perceptive when it comes to people... and even if he had a blind spot, he would take Bakugou's word, and he would most certainly know. Iida's up in the air.

Everyone else... I dunno.

Tsuyu will probably catch it if she's around, or at least notice that something's wrong; she's pretty dang perceptive and intelligent (she's like 6th overall in the class or something). Heck, one of her first lines was talking about Deku's power being like All Might's. I'm not sure who else may catch on, but I have faith in the frog.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier. I mean, it's a very villain thing and all, but, yeah. That said, Toga does worship Stain; her having similar powers could be a factor.

Tsuyu will probably catch it if she's around, or at least notice that something's wrong; she's pretty dang perceptive and intelligent (she's like 6th overall in the class or something). Heck, one of her first lines was talking about Deku's power being like All Might's. I'm not sure who else may catch on, but I have faith in the frog.

I believe in FROPPY.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Roland Jones posted:

Tsuyu is definitely the most perceptive person in the entire class, yeah. She'd notice as soon as something was up, but it's a lot more up in the air if she'd immediately do something about it or just sit on her uneasy feelings. It took her two days to speak up about her unease with everyone going after Bakugou, after all.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Whatever happens next in this upcoming arc is bound to be a beautiful, unmigitated disaster for Deku and anyone else involved. Just thinking of Deku getting framed by Toga for crimes and murders he did not commit, earning the paranoia and hatred of the highers up and...sending him either to Stain's Cell or forcing him to go renegade...just gives me the biggest of chills. :allears:

Horikoshi, I must salute you.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I bet Bakugou will be the first one to figure out what's up.

Rhonne fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 2, 2016

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Its going to be Uraraka

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's gotta be Kane.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

every time shigaraki shows up i have to stop and appreciate how good his design is

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Real lips girl please be OK please

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I really really want it to be Bakugou who figures out Toga's not Deku. Like right away. Really wanna see some "I hate that dude's guts, but I'm not gonna let some villain gently caress with him" action.

it's incredibly likely it'll actually be Uraraka, though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The Toga as Deku plot is just gonna go down the Star Driver path where Uraraka realizes basically immediately and goes super hardcore over it.

Wako pulling that knife on possessed Takuto was basically the best moment of that show.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 2, 2016

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Lips Girl Toga impersonating Uraraka suddenly makes much more sense.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It doesn't matter who figures out because no matter who figures it out it will be good because this manga has good characters.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
So, crazy thought occurs: if UA uses biometric stuff for security, Toga could easily sneak around with a sample of Hagakure's blood. Since she wouldn't have Hagakure's quirk, she'd be visible, and thus she wouldn't have to worry about getting caught by any of the usual "that person called out sick today, so who the hell are you?" issues; at the same time, she'd still have access to anywhere that the students would have access to.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Deku asking Mr. Hair a silly question.

Of course Mr. Hair is a master of stealth, he is covered in hair.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

EponymousMrYar posted:

Deku asking Mr. Hair a silly question.

Of course Mr. Hair is a master of stealth, he is covered in hair.

I thought he was asking about Camie/Lips Girl, and how she seems to appear and disappear.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
aaaaahhhhhholy poo poo, that girl is either dead or locked up in a serial killer's dungeon.

There's a storm cloud for every sunny day in this series.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

HerraS posted:

Its going to be Uraraka
Probably. Right before Toga McCreeperface twists the knife, which may or may not be metaphorical in this case. There are a lot of possible directions to take this, which is a nice change from a series where you can predict the next year's worth of story arc at a glance.

I suspect involving a student from Shiketsu portends a school team-up against the villains when her classmates find out. It would be a good excuse to see Cousin It again.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Say Nothing posted:

Speaking of nudists, where did shapeshifting girl go?

Well, that answers my question.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Green Intern posted:

I thought he was asking about Camie/Lips Girl, and how she seems to appear and disappear.

Yeah he did though he framed it as a question for the whole Shiketsu class.

I just like Mr. Hair and his amazing Hair Powers with Hair SFX :allears:

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i really have trouble with these names

toga = the bad person who takes blood? and can shapeshift or something? then goes and talks to handface aka the guy giving out the provisional licenses (i remember they can teleport somehow)

camie = the shapeshifted person who technically hasnt been met yet? and we dont know her quirk

hair guy = covered in goo somehow? is he a shapeshifter?

is this correct?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How is the hair guy covered in goo...?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

where the red fern gropes posted:

toga = the bad person who takes blood? and can shapeshift or something? then goes and talks to handface aka the guy giving out the provisional licenses (i remember they can teleport somehow)

camie = the shapeshifted person who technically hasnt been met yet? and we dont know her quirk

is this correct?

Well, you're right about Camie

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You guys are missing the more important thing, more fuel for Yaoyorozu x Jirou (and also Todoroki x intense wind guy).

But more importantly,

Blackheart posted:

Real lips girl please be OK please

:same:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ahahaha, reading it again, I just noticed that after the announcement that the people who failed can try again Mineta is trying to convince Todoroki to give up. What an rear end in a top hat.

Also, thinking on the earlier topic of Stain and Toga's quirks being similar, they're not the only ones with some similarities despite an apparent lack of relation. Uraraka and Shigaraki both have quirks activated by touching all five fingertips to the subject, though like Toga and Stain the results are quite different,. Also, there's Kirishima and Tetstu*4 having almost identical abilities, of course, but that's the joke there.

Two pairs of characters having identical quirk triggers is kind of interesting, though; I wonder if that's a known thing in-universe, or just a coincidence due to Horikoshi having the same thoughts when designing characters and all. Like, there's some sort of general structures quirks usually take or something, maybe.

Edit: Also, just noticed that Shigaraki's back in his "full" costume; for a while he only had the face hand and was missing the ones down his arms and stuff. I wonder if that's meaningful or not.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 3, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

where the red fern gropes posted:

is this correct?

Toga: Villain Alliance member. A crazy stalker whose idea of love is to be like the target of her affections. Literally. By ingesting their blood to take on their form. Also by killing them and pretending to be them. Shapeshifting ability that's like goo covering her body and face.

Camie: The Shigetsu girl in the hat, who turned out to Toga in disguise. Real Camie is probably dead or held captive by Toga, who has been masquerading as her for at least the past 3 days. I do not think the VA has her since Toga wasn't in contact with the VA for a while and was acting on her own. Either way, she's most likely not in a good spot.

Hair Guy: The leader of the Shigetsu students, covered entirely in long hair that can stretch out, making it very versatile. Good for rescues, subduing villains, and presumably defense as well. Very polite, apologized to Bakugou and co. for the transgressions of the Shigetsu guy they fought.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Here's something - Toga imitated Uraraka's outfit before shifting into not-clothed Camie, so I guess her power can imitate clothing as well.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Toga: Villain Alliance member. A crazy stalker whose idea of love is to be like the target of her affections. Literally. By ingesting their blood to take on their form. Also by killing them and pretending to be them. Shapeshifting ability that's like goo covering her body and face.

Camie: The Shigetsu girl in the hat, who turned out to Toga in disguise. Real Camie is probably dead or held captive by Toga, who has been masquerading as her for at least the past 3 days. I do not think the VA has her since Toga wasn't in contact with the VA for a while and was acting on her own. Either way, she's most likely not in a good spot.

Hair Guy: The leader of the Shigetsu students, covered entirely in long hair that can stretch out, making it very versatile. Good for rescues, subduing villains, and presumably defense as well. Very polite, apologized to Bakugou and co. for the transgressions of the Shigetsu guy they fought.

thanks

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also the license guy is not the hands guy

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah hands fuys gace is all fove kinds of hosed up.
He needs some chapstick and a good moisturizer

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, the only similarities between the two are messy "white" (could be anything from actually white to dark brown in the case of license guy, but is actually white in the case of Shigaraki) hair and both having lines under their eyes. Though, while for license guy it's probably bags from tiredness, with Shigaraki it's... I'm not exactly sure really. It doesn't look healthy, though.

Anyway, yeah, the hero guy isn't Shigaraki. I mean, Deku (and probably Uraraka) would have recognized him immediately, among other issues there.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

chumbler posted:

You guys are missing the more important thing, more fuel for Yaoyorozu x Jirou (and also Todoroki x intense wind guy).

But more importantly,

:same:

I must've missed that. Where did you see it? (YaomomoxJirou is good)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like that Yaomomo is her in story nickname. Like a good chunk of the class calls her that.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Why wouldn't they? It's cute as gently caress.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
If shapeshifting is Toga's power, then what was Camie's power? Can Toga impersonate quirks as well as appearance?

So many questions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

DrSunshine posted:

If shapeshifting is Toga's power, then what was Camie's power? Can Toga impersonate quirks as well as appearance?

So many questions!

Presumably not.

She couldn't use Ochako's quirk while pretending to be Ochako.

Unless she was faking that as well.