Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

good, the sick gently caress needs treatment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Non Serviam posted:

^^^ white guilt is dumb as gently caress, sorry that affects you.

That strawman is so big it's a fire hazard.

The fact that whites in America haven't had it difficult, like blacks, doesn't mean it's OK to make general racial comments. Whites are not unique to America and they don't share hive mind.
It's this lefty hypocrisy that has pissed people off into fringe groups.

Would you consider the Leper's Colony a fringe group?

Or are you referring to Freemen on the Land when you mention fringe groups with their love of flags with gold fringes?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Spacebump posted:

Somedays I believe the confidence this thread seems to have about a Hillary victory. Other days I talk to people irl and start arzying like crazy. I can't wait until this election is over.

The news make me genuinely concerned Trump will win.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I can dig it

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Feinne posted:

Daily reminder for those who want to arzy that the city of Philadelphia and its surroundings hates Trump and thus PA is fore'er out of his grasp. And if these recent polls for McGinty are accurate then all is right with our fair state.

BUT LOOK AT ALL THIS RED :derp:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Non Serviam posted:

like blacks

Goddammit mother fucker we've had multiple discussions about this already don't use that nomenclature.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Non Serviam posted:

the

map

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Spacebump posted:

Somedays I believe the confidence this thread seems to have about a Hillary victory. Other days I talk to people irl and start arzying like crazy. I can't wait until this election is over.
Hillary's gonna win, it's the Senate that's the big question.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

From Quinnipiac? That's game-set-match unless something changes a lot by Tuesday.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Crain posted:

Goddammit mother fucker we've had multiple discussions about this already don't use that nomenclature.

Haha. No?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
"I'm so concerned Trump will win. I wish everyone was as principled as me" he said, as he finished typing up his screed about The Blacks

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

"I'm so concerned Trump will win. I wish everyone was as principled as me" he said, as he finished typing up his screed about The Black

I don't want a sociopath as president. Sorry that affects you so much.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

So you refuse to not use a phrasing that is offensive to people of color in the community of this thread because?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

like blacks

TheGreatGnocchi
Jun 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

How the hell did Ohio vote for a black president twice, but is polling so high for Trump? You can't simply say white people. Is Cuyahoga County LV's really that much lower this election? Higher misogyny than racism?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

How long until we get another insect metaphor this time?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

That's racist against white people. Jeez keep up.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Wait.

"No" as in we didn't have a multipage derail about this subject just a few days ago?

Or

"No" as in you're just going to keep using that terminology regardless?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Oh god that's a hate crime!!!!!!!!!!!

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Radish posted:

BUT LOOK AT ALL THIS RED :derp:

Wouldn't have guessed Breezewood was so blue

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So you refuse to not use a phrasing that is offensive to people of color in the community of this thread because?

Is there a factory from which these idiots file into this thread one by one or something?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

i wish there was a way to turn this into a smilie

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Non Serviam posted:

They have a financial motive to make you scared about the election. You'll be more likely to watch more news coverage, including the commercials.

If you believe Hillary's got it in the bag, you might turn off your TV and go do something else.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Crain posted:

Not racist.Just terribly tone deaf, and pretty obstinate about it at that.

Look: Making generalizations about white people can be prejudiced. But, for instance, saying that White people just looooooove mayo or love to make bland, tasteless food is in no way comparable to, nor does it have the historical weight of, talking about how Black people loving LOOOOoooOOOOve them some watermelon and fried chicken.

Generalizations against White people do not carry any sort of societal weight compared to stereotypes used against minorities.

One is prejudicial (at best), the other is racist.

And like Mel Mudkipper said: The difference between the two is Power.

Not to mention, being white is basically like playing life on easy mode, especially if you're also male, and doubly so if you're a straight man. If someone wants to make generalizations and jokes about your whiteness, suck it the gently caress up, because those generalizations and jokes will incredibly rarely, if ever, have any sort of actual repercussions beyond having your feelings mildly hurt.

It has nothing to do with feeling "white guilt" -- acknowledging the fact that you basically get a massive advantage for free doesn't mean you have to feel guilty about it, it means that you should be aware of it and try to help lessen the disadvantages that other groups have in society out of a general preference for equality.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Non Serviam posted:

That strawman is so big it's a fire hazard.

The fact that whites in America haven't had it difficult, like blacks, doesn't mean it's OK to make general racial comments. Whites are not unique to America and they don't share hive mind.
It's this lefty hypocrisy that has pissed people off into fringe groups.

There's a lot going on in this post. So let's just take a moment to unpack it.

White Americans and in particular White American Males have been the predominate group running our country and the predominate group creating, enforcing and continuing harmful, racist policies. When you poll them, in general, they tend to hold dumb loving opinions: like there's no racial bias in this country; there's no gender bias in this country; gays are icky; et cetera, et cetera. Saying that, generally speaking, white people have been doing a whole hell of a lot of harm to communities of color isn't making "racial comments," it's stating a truth. Now you can get into a more nuanced debate about "every white person is racist" vs "most white people have implicit bias issues," but you're clearly not interested in that.

It's also not hypocritical to say "hey, don't use racial slurs, and say all black people are lazy" and follow up with "white people have a lot of pent up race issues on the balance."

You seem to think that stating that white people have been behind egregious and terrible racist policies and many continue to support them is somehow the same as saying "all black people are lazy" or some dumb poo poo like that. It's not. It's not even close.

There's room to discuss, for example, white poverty in a way that it doesn't exclude or minimize black and other POC poverty, but you're obviously not equipped for that either.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Artificer posted:

Is there a factory from which these idiots file into this thread one by one or something?

It is really weird how they strike one at a time and never as a group.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Crain posted:

Wait.

"No" as in we didn't have a multipage derail about this subject just a few days ago?

Or

"No" as in you're just going to keep using that terminology regardless?

I didn't talk about this before. I'm not up to date with your speech code, but if you fax it to me I'll be happy to check it out.

Regardless, if you personally feel offended by that, I can use African American, it really makes no difference to me. I wasn't trying to offend black people in that sentence where I said they've had worse than whites.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

why does that man have two metal lawn chairs at the end of his driveway

Bassetking
Feb 20, 2008

And it is, it is a glorious thing, to be a Basset King!

mcmagic posted:

There is no way Kasich is getting the 2020 nomination after refusing to vote for Trump.

I would not be surprised if Kasich did get the nod. After this primary, the GOP is going to be implementing something akin to Superdelegates, in order to try to corral the degenerates. They've already proven they'll support anyone with an R next to their name, and Kasich cah seem human enough under his skin suit that he can pass for a person long enough for middle America to see the nice, white, male Republican, who isn't bonkers.

He's a more folksey Romney.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

WampaLord posted:

Well their icon and lord is a Hanzo main so it makes sense they know nothing of coordinated tactics.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

WampaLord posted:

They're operating on Rita Repulsa rules?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

WampaLord posted:

It's like a bad, racist text based tower defense game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even the polls that show Clinton losing the popular vote still have her winning by electoral votes, right?

I want everyone to take a moment and imagine the fallout from Trump winning the popular vote but Clinton becoming president.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

FuturePastNow posted:

He sits there with friends to look at his flag.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FuturePastNow posted:

He was going to paint them with some black spray paint but discovered that hate crime before he could.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Non Serviam posted:

I didn't talk about this before. I'm not up to date with your speech code, but if you fax it to me I'll be happy to check it out.

Regardless, if you personally feel offended by that, I can use African American, it really makes no difference to me. I wasn't trying to offend black people in that sentence where I said they've had worse than whites.

See? You did it right in this sentence -- you said "black people" instead of "blacks." The former is okay, the latter is rude (this also applies to saying things like "Jews" instead of "Jewish people", or "females" instead of "women"). It's not polite to refer to people as an adjective alone.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Northjayhawk posted:

They have a financial motive to make you scared about the election. You'll be more likely to watch more news coverage, including the commercials.

If you believe Hillary's got it in the bag, you might turn off your TV and go do something else.

That's true.

I did give up on youtube though. I watch some news coverage there, but it's concerning how many calls for violence appear in the comments.

I'd like to know if there has been a spike in secret service investigations during this cycle.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/masterwilliams/status/793214520655122432

:unsmith:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Why are so many polls coming out good for Hillary but 538 is slowly going down? :ohdear:

Also lmao it figures non-serviam would be a no war but the class war, won't somebody think of the poor white male progressives type? :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I think "Jews" is less clear-cut, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

• Locked thread