Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Boy you were just waiting like a cobra coiled in the tall grass for someone to say that weren't you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

MMF Freeway posted:

I think if he really tried he could come up with some explicitly gay video games but I guess it doesn't make for a sick tweet

I mean you can be explicitly gay in Mass Effect so uh

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Boy you were just waiting like an Arbok coiled in the tall grass for someone to say that weren't you

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

It'd be a lil self centered to put your own games in your graph. That visual novel that just came out with the weird long title is one I was thinking of.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I didn't expect the goofy graph that called pokemon gay would generate discussion over its accuracy

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Palpek posted:

:wtc: Everybody learned how to make good FPS games all of a sudden.

Its less that they learned how and more they started putting more attention and focus into it.

COD: Modern Warfare did some really smart things to multiplayer FPS, but a whole wave of FPSRPGs decided to just copy it and survive on the strength of pavlovian unlocks over having lots of single player content.

Now that's wearing thin and they're all going back to actually trying to give a dang about the SP. Doom 4's multi blows but the game still did pretty well because the single is so good. Hopefully that's sending a message to publishers that supporting a strong SP is an important part of selling a game package, along with games like Titanfall 1 and Evolve bombing hard on pure-multi with no single player offerings.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MGS3 is definitely far too low on the gay scale in that graph

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

devtesla posted:

I didn't expect the goofy graph that called pokemon gay would generate discussion over its accuracy

In the new game you meet Red and Blue who are on a tropical vacation in Pokemon Hawaii together, with nobody else, on a trip that is entirely heterosexual and definitely not a honeymoon or any other kind of couples holiday. Just bros bein bros.
:gay:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

devtesla posted:

I assumed the big question mark was their big social statement, of course someone has to take that bait

Andrast posted:

MGS3 is definitely far too low on the gay scale in that graph
I see you believe love can bloom even on a battlefield

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

That visual novel that just came out with the weird long title is one I was thinking of.

Which one lol

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sometimes I'm in the mood to maybe check out the new CoD or Battlefield or something for the multiplayer but then the season pass being like the same price as the game itself always puts me off (and it seems like you're missing out on a lot of stuff without it idk)

I love Overwatch/Splatoon though

Red Bones posted:

In the new game you meet Red and Blue who are on a tropical vacation in Pokemon Hawaii together, with nobody else, on a trip that is entirely heterosexual and definitely not a honeymoon or any other kind of couples holiday. Just bros bein bros.
:gay:

Aren't they cousins

e: I guess they're not, I dunno why I always thought that

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 2, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Get titanfall 2 all gameplay dlc will be free

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Aren't they cousins

e: I guess they're not, I dunno why I always thought that

That was SailorMoon

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Help Im Alive posted:

Sometimes I'm in the mood to maybe check out the new CoD or Battlefield or something for the multiplayer but then the season pass being like the same price as the game itself always puts me off (and it seems like you're missing out on a lot of stuff without it idk)

I love Overwatch/Splatoon though

Luckily more and more devs are realizing that paid map packs are a terrible idea, so 'season passes' should be more about single player DLC or fancy gun skins. The latter of which you can always live without, and the former of which is more like an optional expansion than something you're really missing out for not having.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Help Im Alive posted:

Not with Titanfall :cool:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Zaphod42 posted:

Luckily more and more devs are realizing that paid map packs are a terrible idea, so 'season passes' should be more about single player DLC or fancy gun skins. The latter of which you can always live without, and the former of which is more like an optional expansion than something you're really missing out for not having.
It doesn't help that in the past a map "pack" has been one map, maybe two if you're lucky. Hard to get excited over that

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Titanfall 2 seems cool but I didn't know they were doing free DLC! I'll probably buy it in December since Overwatch is scratching my multiplayer shooter itch right now + I'm already buying Pokemon/Final Fantasy this month

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Has anyone heard from StrixNebulosa since last night's mission? :ohdear:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Sorry, they're DoA.

As in, the titty fighter.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lizard Wizard posted:

you can't cover it up, we know what you did, spike kid

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Lizard Wizard posted:

Haha, no, I'm alive. Alive and well and playing Stardew Valley.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Really should've had James there to catch the javelin with his chest.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Platinum Games superfanboys, the super best friends, called titanfall 2's campaign better and more exciting than vanquish on their podcast

my copy is still on the way is this possibly true? no way right?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Real hurthling! posted:

Platinum Games superfanboys, the super best friends, called titanfall 2's campaign better and more exciting than vanquish on their podcast

I haven't bought and finished either, but from what little I played of Vanquish at Gen Con a couple years ago, there's no way that can be true

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I haven't bought and finished either, but from what little I played of Vanquish at Gen Con a couple years ago, there's no way that can be true

its my favorite single player shooter ever so i'm skeptical but those guys carry water for platinum for a living so idk

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the guy who said that also tells people to play criminal girls instead of neptunia games so

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Real hurthling! posted:

Hmm

I actually have to think about my answer to this question, which says a lot no matter what it actually is

So there's that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I can safely say that the last two(ish) levels of Titanfall 2's campaign beat the living piss poo poo out of any moment or series of moments I can think of in Vanquish for spectacle, fun factor, and insane badassery

Whether the whole is something I can elevate above the whole of Vanquish I'm not sure, but no matter what it's pretty close

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Now that I say that I hope super best friends are doing videos on the TF2 campaign, that really does seem like it'd be right up their alley for youtube content

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

its my favorite single player shooter ever so i'm skeptical but those guys carry water for platinum for a living so idk

It's real good but it's not replayable at ALL in the score attack way that Vanquish (and other Platinum games) works and that's a huge draw of those games for me. If you liked Vanquish you'll love the movement system though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Like it's incredibly tightly crafted but it's a linear experience along the lines of Half Life or something. I'll probably play it again in a couple years but it's not like Doom where I immediately started over on the next difficulty setting (not saying Doom is better, just "replayable" in a different sort of way)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

The Last Door season 2: time from start to me getting stuck because of a safe puzzle involving roman numerals: thirty two minutes. I am not built for adventure games.

Thank god for walkthroughs, basically.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

devtesla posted:

you must be new here, welcome

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

For all the Watch Dogs 2 Bros out there make sure you pick up the $40 season pass along side the game!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What iconic items are they promising?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

What iconic items are they promising?

i think it comes with a robot or something

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Real hurthling! posted:

They're idiotic shills for the first one, which was a really boring game. Their opinions are highly suspect.

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I got through my first Hatsune Miku song on Normal so I thought I'd tell the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I started watching a Dark Dreams Don't Die Let's Play, and the game is very intriguing, but now that I know that there will probably never be a conclusion I'm debating whether or not I should continue to get invested... Like, what's on the page right now is good and all, but knowing that the ending is guaranteed to be unsatisfying...

(Hehe like sex with a goon hehe)

• Locked thread