Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

scaterry posted:

stimulant

i love that this is still a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's very important that I do optimal damage on this content I could clear with a side arm and blue AR. Guys. Optimal damage. Your damage might be suboptimal. Pay attention to this it's so important.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Sorry I can't hear your puny sniper rifles over my VIKING FUNERAL.

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".
Why even play this freaking game at all????

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

FishBulb posted:

It's very important that I do optimal damage on this content I could clear with a side arm and blue AR. Guys. Optimal damage. Your damage might be suboptimal. Pay attention to this it's so important.

Gonna hold you to this!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Nah it's cool I enjoy seeing lower numbers pop up on the screen when higher numbers could, loving applebees guardians.

Anyway pro Vosik front bomber loadout is this:

2/5/5 Sunsinger warlock with touch of flame and solar nades, all raid gear but the exotic boots, skorri artifact with fallen kills making orbs

Steel ~Panther~ Medulla
Void Ex Machina
Dark Drinker

If you're only 1/5/5 or 2/4/5 I might let u raid wit me but we'll need to do a trial in archon's forge so I can see how you work and if you're a good fit for the team

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Mazerunner posted:

Gonna hold you to this!

Like I keep any blue guns

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The food will be great and the drinks will be free, all the sexy loot gonna get showered on me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Nah it's cool I enjoy seeing lower numbers pop up on the screen when higher numbers could, loving applebees guardians.

Anyway pro Vosik front bomber loadout is this:

2/5/5 Sunsinger warlock with touch of flame and solar nades, all raid gear but the exotic boots, skorri artifact with fallen kills making orbs

Steel ~Panther~ Medulla
Void Ex Machina
Dark Drinker

If you're only 1/5/5 or 2/4/5 I might let u raid wit me but we'll need to do a trial in archon's forge so I can see how you work and if you're a good fit for the team

If you liked bigger numbers so much then why did you stop playing?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Your OPTIMAL DAMAGE LOADOUT doesn't matter all that much once you have a higher LL than the content, once you hit that point just use whatever and save your careful tweaking for the HM raid or elemental burns where you can get a night and day advantage from it hth

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

xzzy posted:

Also for crucible sniping, there's really only one good option.

http://i.imgur.com/e2rp7Y5.mp4

:stare:

What the gently caress is that

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
ITS VOOP NATION LOL VOOP

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

scaterry posted:

Why use secondaries when sleeper stimulant exists

Actually this gets me thinking. To all my humorless min max nerds, what sniper rifle (and perks) would get me the biggest headshot magnet? I doubt I'll ever be one-shotting roaming supers but res-sniping with the most forgiving crit zone possible seems achievable. I know the biggest thing is to just git gud but could go for some training wheels.

I'm actually revisiting these and the other gun recommendation posts later. :thumbsup:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
The wanged word

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Min maxing for pvp is entirely cool and good

Stressing out about a 6% over all damage increase under optimal conditions in PVE content you can complete underleveled is the lame thing.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

:negative:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

:stare:

What the gently caress is that

Rifled barrel/rangefinder saladin's vigil, everyone's favorite off-meta gimmick.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/VPLvrYm.gifv

SpaceGoku fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 2, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That faceplant is pretty LOL.

(post gifv, not gifs)

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

:popeye:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

xzzy posted:

(post gifv, not gifs)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

The Flinged Turd

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I wonder how big a cross over there is between destiny and call of duty players

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Normally I would say there isn't as much overlap as you'd think between shooting soldiers with guns on Earth and shooting aliens with lasers on Venus, but Infinite Warfare is now an interplanetary sci-fi shooter too so we'll see.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I hope it's really big and everyone but me buys CoD so I can just play trials all weekend by myself

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everyone knows Battlefield 1 is the DESTINY DESTROYER this year because it has destructible buildings and horses.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

xzzy posted:

That faceplant is pretty LOL.

(post gifv, not gifs)

Sorry I forgot imgur share links are useless but I am glad you appreciate my funny clip.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

haveblue posted:

Normally I would say there isn't as much overlap as you'd think between shooting soldiers with guns on Earth and shooting aliens with lasers on Venus, but Infinite Warfare is now an interplanetary sci-fi shooter too so we'll see.

Judging by the MP beta, Infinite Warfare basically = really lame versions of Titanfall and Destiny mechanics grafted onto the same old Call of Duty, but now some of the tiny meatgrinder maps are on a space station!

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

FishBulb posted:

I wonder how big a cross over there is between destiny and call of duty players

I am definitely not a COD player, I prefer loot based games. The first game I grinded was Diablo 2:LOD, probably why I am so pissed about the Y3 legendaries not decrypting into Y3 weapons. For those of yall who aren't old enough to remember Diablo 2 had one instance one loot drop for whoever happened to be in the game. Not individualized loot the trade off was you could kill the same boss over and over for the same chance at loot, no weekly resets.

ils
Jan 22, 2001
Speaking of bullshit snipes with fusion rifles and denying dumb Titans, here's a combo gif!

http://i.imgur.com/cAdY2fb.gifv

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

ils posted:

Speaking of bullshit snipes with fusion rifles and denying dumb Titans, here's a corncob gif!

Fixed

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!
that visual effect is the worst loving part of that awful map. every time it happens and i'm in a firefight or i know enemies are nearby, an unstoppable stream of obscenities spews from my mouth.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

ils posted:

Speaking of bullshit snipes with fusion rifles and denying dumb Titans, here's a combo gif!

http://i.imgur.com/cAdY2fb.gifv

:smugdon:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im tellin ya dudes. The IB sniper rifle is legit as gently caress. If you can get a stability mod and a good 3rd perk like hh it eats lunches.

I cant compare it to the winged word because this game just refuses to give me a trials sniper rifle but laughing fart is amazing.

Also I bought Cod legacy edition because the shotgun and bad connection meta is doing my head in and I want to play modern warfare again.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I was so grumpy after my LFG raid experience falling apart this morning, but I just found a new group and we smashed Aksis on the second try (I hosed up the first by falling in a hole with a canon.) I got the last slam, and did the last charged canon shot that hosed him up.

Felt so loving good. This game is a Good Game.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

xzzy posted:

Rifled barrel/rangefinder saladin's vigil, everyone's favorite off-meta gimmick.

That pellet spread though. drat

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

FishBulb posted:

I hope it's really big and everyone but me buys CoD so I can just play trials all weekend by myself

It will have the opposite effect.

The casuals will leave and the die hards stay.

poo poo only get harder the further out from a content drop you are.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Yep

Gonna be tough to hold on till March with mass effect

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
You can play Titanfall and pretend it's Destiny and slide shotgun everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20One/video/23103115

:gitgud:

• Locked thread