Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just noticed that Batman has a bat symbol on the sole of his boots! :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The identity is revealed at the end of Episode 3.

Telltale Batman e3 spoilers:Vicky loving Vale's the villain?! Telltale really are running with not having to adhere to any specific canon. Once again the best stuff is Bruce/Selina, though. It was a little silly having Bruce be all "I'd never rifle through her belongings!" like Alfred wanted him to dig through her underwear drawer, when all you can do is look at what books she has in her living room and notice that she buys good cat food for Isis and lovely chinese take out for herself

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Vicki being the villain was a shock in a good way, in my opinion. I just hope she's compelling as the antagonist. Penguin is seemingly enough of an rear end in a top hat to carry the game, though. And while I like Selina here more than her Arkham counterpart, I feel really bad for Harvey since she led him on for giggles.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Vicki being the villain was a shock in a good way, in my opinion. I just hope she's compelling as the antagonist. Penguin is seemingly enough of an rear end in a top hat to carry the game, though. And while I like Selina here more than her Arkham counterpart, I feel really bad for Harvey since she led him on for giggles.

I assume the idea is Vicky's descended from Amadeus Arkham in some way, what with the focus on Gotham's historical corruption.

RE: Selina/Harvey. It seemed like they'd only gone out a couple of times. That's barely enough to consider it a hookup, let alone some major exclusive commitment. While Harvey's violence is obviously down to some TAS-style Big Bad Harv poo poo, him being so possessive and obsessed with 'protecting' her wouldn't have been healthy either way. Also, he apparently freaks out even if Bruce really did just crash on her couch, so it's more about him being paranoid than what actually happened. (Note that he doesn't even let them try to explain)
And no, this is not saying that Bruce and Selina hooking up was a great decision, especially with neither party telling him, but it's also not like they had much time to think about how to break it to him once it happened. Up to then it was idle flirting for the most part.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And as expected, Batman continues to be offensively mediocre.

But I admit I was wrong with the bit about King not going for a clean Bane. Although since is was essentially cheating by using the Psycho Pirate's powers I doubt it will last.

Man, I miss when Bruce and Bane were actually able to have a rational conversation without devolving into "I'll break you" threats.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Actually Batman loving ruled and was probably the best issue so far.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't know what to believe!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Actually Batman loving ruled and was probably the best issue so far.

Hardly an accomplishement given how lovely King's run has been so far.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

How have you made it 10 issues into a run you've hated that much? I drop things way faster than that.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

How have you made it 10 issues into a run you've hated that much? I drop things way faster than that.

His thing is that he only raves about one book (take a guess which one) and anything that isn't that one book is absolutely terrible. This is pretty much his opinion on anything that doesn't have a douche running around in a red mask.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This issue wasn't great though. A lot of macho posturing and a brief reenactment of the worst Nolan movie, followed by "that was my plan all along," and the issue ends with nothing really happening.

It's like I get it, Bane breaks backs. There's a little more to the character than that. But that's pretty much all I got from this one. Real shame as I did love King's Bane last issue.

And unless the narration turns out to be a huge fake out I have significant problems with Selina's new backstory.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roth posted:

He doesn't pay for them. :ssh:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I refuse to pretend that an issue wherein Batman punches holes in a wall so he can re-break his back into position could be anything other than the greatest poo poo ever.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I like how every time Batman gets his back broken, it's treated like even less of a debilitating condition that haunts you for the rest of your life. Like this time, he fixes it in about five minutes and is perfectly fine. He didn't even have the magic rope from TDKR!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I refuse to pretend that an issue wherein Batman punches holes in a wall so he can re-break his back into position could be anything other than the greatest poo poo ever.

Oooh. That's what was happening. That confused me.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

Oooh. That's what was happening. That confused me.

Probably because it doesn't make any Goddamned sense to suggest that you can 'break your back into position'. Like at worst he had a dislocation back there. Bane apparently isn't actually good at the one thing they never shut the gently caress up about in this issue. BACKS! Did you know Bane once broke Batman's back? In case you didn't, we're gonna talk about BACKS! for a few more pages.

I love a good over the top badass moment as much as anyone but this was just dumb.

Batman and Damian are being just great over in Superman this week, though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Roth posted:

I skipped everything after issue 3 and only picked this one for Bane.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Batman return of the caped crusader is the best Batman related media released this year

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

monkeu posted:

Damian purposely made them blow up didn't he?!

Yeah, they stole the Bat pod thing and he made it overload and fry them.

Hi, thread! I'm at the beginning of of my two or three year cycle of reading all the TPBs that have come out since my last cycle. So. Much. Bat.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Batman #10: I’ve Come For Psycho-Pirate

I’ve Come For Psycho-Pirate

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If I looking for Pirate
Him name is Psycho Pirate
I lost my Pirate

Love, Batman

P.S. I'll find my Pirate
Who took My Pirate
Who found my Pirate

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

P.S. Love, Catwoman

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

If I looking for Pirate
I lost my Pirate

Love, Batman

P.S. I'll find my Pirate
Who took My Pirate
Who found my Pirate

jesus gently caress

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

If I looking for Pirate
I lost my Pirate

Love, Batman

P.S. I'll find my Pirate
Who took My Pirate
Who found my Pirate

Not an empty quote

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I'm just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhIRbLHVD8o&hd=1

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

I'm looking forward to this.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Can we reboot the DCU again and cannonise this Dick Grayson?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batman/TMNT Adventures #1 preview
http://www.cbr.com/batmantmnt-adventures-1-exclusive-preview/

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I really thought this movie had already come out.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I thought Nightwing was really good this week. The best issue so far, in fact.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Wow, I loved every second. I'll be going to see it twice. I need that Batman to be forever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

SonicRulez posted:

Wow, I loved every second. I'll be going to see it twice. I need that Batman to be forever.

The monkey's paw curls a single finger, this movie gets turned into Batman Forever.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Awww, Lego Joker is SO SAD Batman refuses to think of him as his greatest enemy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I only just caught up on like 2 month's worth of comics (which with the double-shipping is loving absurd) and am now pathetically hype about Seeley and To putting Nightwing back where he belongs, in Bludhaven!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

ComicsAlliance has a decent interview with Tom King about his Batman stories, specifically the most recent issue #12.

http://comicsalliance.com/tom-king-batman-12-i-am-suicide-interview/

If you're like me you've been kind of on the fence about King's Batman run so far. I feel like every issue so far has been Just Okay, but I get the very strong feeling that the ending of his story is either going to push the whole thing into Extremely Awful or Extremely Great. It is kind of tiring reading honestly mediocre comics in the hope that it will eventually pay off but this interview at least gives me some hope that he knows what he's doing.

I found the stuff about fan reaction to his Catwoman very interesting.

Tom King posted:

It got pretty vicious — there were people telling me to die and all sort of things. Saying, “You’re writing a Catwoman that doesn’t exist. It’s not in her character. Catwoman doesn’t kill 237 people, even if it’s justified. It’s just not who she is. That’s crazy, there’s something wrong.”
And that’s the exact reaction Batman had! That reaction all these Catwoman fans had, it’s the smartest, best reaction. That’s what Batman thinks too. They’re exactly right. Batman’s like, “Yeah, she says she killed 237 people, and she has a fantastic explanation for it, but that’s not who she is as a character. I know her, and she knows me, and I know she wouldn’t do that.”

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I feel like this issue would be a total instant classic if it just ditched the narration and was simply the incredible visuals of Batman fighting through a prison.

I wanna post almost every spread in the Badass panels thread, but I know all anyone will mention is the overwrought text.

e: The metaphor of kid Bruce suiciding his identity after his parent's death is fine. All you need. But to describe a ten year old with a razor blade at his wrists, praying with bloody hands, it's way too much.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 7, 2016

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

purple death ray posted:

ComicsAlliance has a decent interview with Tom King about his Batman stories, specifically the most recent issue #12.

http://comicsalliance.com/tom-king-batman-12-i-am-suicide-interview/

If you're like me you've been kind of on the fence about King's Batman run so far. I feel like every issue so far has been Just Okay, but I get the very strong feeling that the ending of his story is either going to push the whole thing into Extremely Awful or Extremely Great. It is kind of tiring reading honestly mediocre comics in the hope that it will eventually pay off but this interview at least gives me some hope that he knows what he's doing.

So the Catwoman origin is going to be a fake out too, because I will be okay with that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This issue of Nightwing was fantastic. Seeley managed to ground Dick as a person, give him a purpose as Dick in the 'haven, get a supporting cast in, establish why people even live or visit Bludhaven, get a subplot where the tourist board are going to adopt Nightwing as their local hero, and still found time to have a very, very minor Bat-villain be framed. It's a stunningly dense issue, especially for a double-shipping book.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

purple death ray posted:

Fans are loving idiots and take everything at face value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib
King's take on Batman seems like the antithesis of Snyder's take which is kind of amusing. Agreed that this issue would have been much better without the deathwish narration.
I can appreciate King trying out new story telling techniques with each issue, but it does create some serious pacing issues so maybe he should focus on writing arcs a certain way as opposed to single issues.

• Locked thread