Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
So do we know if MWR is going to have additional challenges and stuff in the vein of Blops 3? I loved CoD4 but if there was one thing it was lacking, it was actual progression stuff outside of just prestige and weapon camos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Yeah there looks to be a ton when I looked over the calling cards. They gave it the whole new-calling card and emblem treatment.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Some random Youtube jerkoff sent me an invite to their PSN community; spotted this:

- Calling cards, emblems, and tags, some of which are equippable to weapons/characters

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I've officially justified my pre-order of this by using the "$60 for MWR and $8 for IW" logic (Amazon has operations in Ohio, so I get charged tax :argh:). I honestly feel like MWR is going to be worth $60. Jury is still out on that extra $8. But good news! I'll be that goon this round that isn't buying the map packs.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

We are all going to be playing MWR most of the time, anyway.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I'll probably only play the iw campaign. I've played the mp for mw remastered yesterday and it was amazing.
I hope they'll restore access to the mp again today.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016

housefly posted:

I've officially justified my pre-order of this by using the "$60 for MWR and $8 for IW" logic (Amazon has operations in Ohio, so I get charged tax :argh:). I honestly feel like MWR is going to be worth $60. Jury is still out on that extra $8. But good news! I'll be that goon this round that isn't buying the map packs.

SAME. I bought the season pass for Blops 3. What a loving mistake. Was there a single good map in the entire pallet of DLC maps? All it did was make matchmaking more difficult. And more maps that needed to be vetoed.

Regardless, I'm really excited to hear they added more challenge stuff for MWR. I hope they added new camos too... I mean Red Tiger is cool and all but the world of internet weapon camos has evolved considerably since those days :jerkbag:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Never buy cod dlc unless you like zombies

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Troutz posted:

SAME. I bought the season pass for Blops 3. What a loving mistake. Was there a single good map in the entire pallet of DLC maps? All it did was make matchmaking more difficult. And more maps that needed to be vetoed.

Regardless, I'm really excited to hear they added more challenge stuff for MWR. I hope they added new camos too... I mean Red Tiger is cool and all but the world of internet weapon camos has evolved considerably since those days :jerkbag:

Yeah they did add a few more camps. I forget what they're called though.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's me I'm the idiot that always buys the season pass and never plays it

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

fit em all up in there posted:

Never buy cod dlc unless you like zombies

Funny thing is, DLC 4's map actually made people question Zombies. Probably just the story thing, probably the whole "stapled literally every other map to the map" schtick, probably even a lack of innovation across the whole map compared to the other maps.

One reason to at least consider IWZombies since they're trying new poo poo at least.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

haris pilton posted:

I'll probably only play the iw campaign. I've played the mp for mw remastered yesterday and it was amazing.
I hope they'll restore access to the mp again today.

What were the players like you went up against in MWR? I'm interested because it's a fairly weird self selecting group (with the seperate more expensive bundle and all). Curious to see if it is the sweatiest of lands or more old folks nostalgia based.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
blops 2 zombies was fun and doable solo. Blops 3 zombies has been loving impossible to play for me, you need to know really loving obtuse secrets (even more than before) to get the good stuff now. I could just be real loving bad at it though and it's actually really good.

Troutz
Apr 10, 2016
Anyone playing tonight, or are we all sitting on our thumbs now waiting for Friday?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

BobbyBaudoin posted:

blops 2 zombies was fun and doable solo. Blops 3 zombies has been loving impossible to play for me, you need to know really loving obtuse secrets (even more than before) to get the good stuff now. I could just be real loving bad at it though and it's actually really good.

I agree. Gorod Krovi, despite the good in it, still requires some work to unlock the PaP.

Shout outs to TranZit and Origins The former was not good to do Solo, while the latter was more "defend this point Ramirez".

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Troutz posted:

Anyone playing tonight, or are we all sitting on our thumbs now waiting for Friday?

I'm watching the World Series and I'm glad it will be done one way or the other by tomorrow.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Citadel was my favourite map for any Call of Duty and made me realise how much I'd appreciate a Cauldron of Duty: Wizards at War break from the military grind.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."

TMMadman posted:

I'm watching the World Series and I'm glad it will be done one way or the other by tomorrow.

Same here. If the Indians don't win tomorrow I lose a poo poo ton of money. If they do I will partying downtown for the next few days.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Ghostlight posted:

Citadel was my favourite map for any Call of Duty and made me realise how much I'd appreciate a Cauldron of Duty: Wizards at War break from the military grind.

Seeing how popular the melee weapons were and the fact that there's the Ripper, Sparrow and, arguably, the Gravity Spikes, I think Cauldron of Duty would be a viable niche game mode/spin-off. Maybe you can even do a gag game mode where one player has "modern" weaponry and everyone else has to try and kill them with medieval weapons. Whoever makes the kill gets to be the future soldier.

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014

RossCo posted:

What were the players like you went up against in MWR? I'm interested because it's a fairly weird self selecting group (with the seperate more expensive bundle and all). Curious to see if it is the sweatiest of lands or more old folks nostalgia based.

I feel like it was mostly nostalgia based. Ppl who are fed up with the new cod's 80% vs. 20% 420n0sc0peZ.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

RossCo posted:

Seemed sweaty to me. Almosr everyone was using a M40 and quickscoping with it.

But there were only a small handful of people playing and they were the people who were the most desperate to play. So i guess that's expected.

Will hopefully be better at release. Otherwise i have wasted $130 Australian Earth Dollars.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyz-eIf2tw4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ZN8wGIxBI

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Nov 2, 2016

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

same

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Calling in sick to play blops 3, somewhat understandable.

Calling in sick to play IW, loving lmao.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Vicissitude posted:

Seeing how popular the melee weapons were and the fact that there's the Ripper, Sparrow and, arguably, the Gravity Spikes, I think Cauldron of Duty would be a viable niche game mode/spin-off. Maybe you can even do a gag game mode where one player has "modern" weaponry and everyone else has to try and kill them with medieval weapons. Whoever makes the kill gets to be the future soldier.

Actually sounds fun :black101:

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
The more I see of Infinite Warfare the more excited I am for it.

Blops 3 was the first modern CoD game I ever really played and Infinite Warfare looks similar but slower paced, which is something I believe I'll enjoy.

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Vicissitude posted:

Everybody's bitching about the future aesthetic, but if they go back to the past, they'll lose a bunch of narrative justification for allowing people to do interesting things.

The solution: magic. Just do wizard CoD, EA will never set it coming.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I got Ghosts and Advanced Warfare but skipped BLOps3.. time to do some soul searching I guess.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Hello friends, I haven't played a 'cool new-release FPS' for a while now, and like gently caress am I ever giving EA money again, so I ordered IW. I haven't played a CoD game since MW.

I'm playing on PC/Steam, let's all have fun together. :nsa:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Hirethor posted:

I'm playing on PC/Steam

:raise:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
seriously though cancel your preorder immediately

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Got IW preloaded, I'm ready to play yet another year of space shootymans with a side of MWR for the trophies.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BobbyBaudoin posted:

play IW, loving lmao.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

^burtle posted:

I got Ghosts and Advanced Warfare but skipped BLOps3.. time to do some soul searching I guess.

Ghosts was good.

AW was a garbage fire.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I had fun with Ghosts, pretty much the last CoD game i bought till now.

Hoping remastered is worth the dollarydoos. I dont care if its a sweaty mess I just want to play a shooter without so laggy I want to kill myself lobbies.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Hirethor posted:

Hello friends, I haven't played a 'cool new-release FPS' for a while now, and like gently caress am I ever giving EA money again, so I ordered IW. I haven't played a CoD game since MW.

I'm playing on PC/Steam, let's all have fun together. :nsa:

:nsa:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah if there's ever a situation where a game is better on console and should not be bought on PC it's COD

Titanfall2 is really good y'all

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah if there's ever a situation where a game is better on console and should not be bought on PC it's COD

Titanfall2 is really good y'all

I like Titfall 2 quite a bit but the population on Xbone already seems to be dropping.

When I was playing last night more people were playing Battlefield 4 and Borderlands 2 for gently caress sakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Hi, I'm a garbage human being that has TF2 on all 3 systems, player count from what I saw was:

Xbox: 40K
PS4: 25K
PC: 5K

Yeah numbers aren't great especially compared to a COD release weekend, but game is 20 times more fun than IW or the last few CODs.

Releasing between the two biggest shooters was not the greatest idea.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 3, 2016

• Locked thread