Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Sub Harrison posted:

Arg why another break??

Hasn't the pacing been "three weeks of chapters, one week break" for a year or two now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

The cover page. :eyepop:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress that. Luffy is going dynasty warriors up in this poo poo. Get to 1k, do the three kingdoms proud.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Wait... With Luffy refusing to move and getting attacked by an entire army..

This means Jinbei has a chance to make up for that time at Marineford where he couldn't protect Luffy. That blue bastard is going to come in with an army of whalesharks in tow and beat the living daylights out of them.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
I am fully expecting Luffy to outlast the attacking army here. He's going to be the Pirate King - fighting a losing battle for a week and still standing in the same spot at the end is exactly the kind of stuff the Pirate King needs to be able to do. This is the exact kind of situation that sparks legends and myths of all the things he's done.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I'm still not quite sure how that works. Is the living food the result of Big Mom using her power to put souls in the food? If so, why? Just because she really likes the idea of musical tea parties where the food sings?

maybe awakening? it would probably be pretty tedious to put souls into every single object in the kingdom. i'm thinking that just everything within a certain radius of her becomes animated.

either way though i do get the feeling she would just like the idea of a crazy wonderland type world

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sanji is going to marry pudding and lead the germa 66 as part of the straw hat armada, carrot is going to join the crew. ahhh so good

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

I'm still not quite sure how that works. Is the living food the result of Big Mom using her power to put souls in the food? If so, why? Just because she really likes the idea of musical tea parties where the food sings?

that is exactly the reason why and I will not accept any other explanation.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

Not sure how the Straw Hats get out of this one. I guess Nami uses her mirages to hide Luffy? But he's still screwed if one of the guys sent by Big Mom has Color of Observation.

Luffy is about to fulfill that part of Gol D. Roger's legend where he fought an entire country. :black101: :getin: :black101:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Yes.

Big Mom sent her underlings to destroy several islands to gather ingredients for the tea party. She extorts islands for literal tons of candy. She had Caesar Clown do all that horrible giantification research on children in order to have a tea party on equal terms with her whole family at once.

Making food alive just to be entertaining seems perfectly in line with all that.

Gaudia
Nov 4, 2011
I haven't been this hyped about One Piece in years. This chapter and the one before were incredible. Loving the fast pace. Sanji finally being interesting. Luffy being the silly badass he is. :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

gnome7 posted:

I am fully expecting Luffy to outlast the attacking army here. He's going to be the Pirate King - fighting a losing battle for a week and still standing in the same spot at the end is exactly the kind of stuff the Pirate King needs to be able to do. This is the exact kind of situation that sparks legends and myths of all the things he's done.

This is what I'm thinking. We get to hear all about the legends of Roger and the crazy things he did, and we get to experience those same legends being written for Luffy. Having Nami vanish him away would make for a boring adventure. Stubborn guys like Luffy are more interesting.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Gaudia posted:

I haven't been this hyped about One Piece in years. This chapter and the one before were incredible. Loving the fast pace. Sanji finally being interesting. Luffy being the silly badass he is. :neckbeard: :neckbeard: :neckbeard:

yeah the pacing and the art have both improved considerably lately (specifically how oda frames panels, inclusion of backgrounds etc) its insane how one piece keeps getting better...

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

tsob posted:

I was really hoping that during those pages Sanji would take a bite of the food and then insult the food and/or chef

Sanji doesn't waste food.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Just because he doesn't like it doesn't mean he wouldn't eat it. People eat bad things regularly in One Piece.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Star Platinum posted:

Hasn't the pacing been "three weeks of chapters, one week break" for a year or two now?

Can't deal with it after chapters like these

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

tsob posted:

Just because he doesn't like it doesn't mean he wouldn't eat it. People eat bad things regularly in One Piece.

Sorry misread that.

I can't wait for Pudding's third eye to cause Sanji to completely dump her

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

NutritiousSnack posted:

Sorry misread that.

I can't wait for Pudding's third eye to cause Sanji to completely dump her

The best twist of all would be if he thought is was totally loving rad.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I think Nami would personally kill Sanji for dumping her friend just for that reason

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'm not sure he'll think it's rad but I'm certainly expecting him to keep up the romantic angle and acknowledge it without being disgusted or off put by it when he sees it. The latest chapter cast him and Pudding in a very romantic light, and almost seemed like a fairy tail romance - so having him abandon her because of it would be weird.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Sanji is being the coolest and most gentlemanly he has ever been. I really want him to marry Pudding and then run away with her back to the Strawhats.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thunderbro posted:

Luffy is about to fulfill that part of Gol D. Roger's legend where he fought an entire country. :black101: :getin: :black101:
Or he will lose and dissapoint us all, and then Oda will start his long hiatus, freeing me from this manga burnout. Who knows?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hot Take: Pudding days at end of arc to keep Sanji single

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
pudding is secretly evil

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Puddings name is pudding because she's made out of pudding.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Law Cheetah posted:

pudding is secretly evil
I will be so annoyed if this turns out to be true. It seems like the laziest possible way to take her off the table as a factor. I'd rather see Sanji's sister do a heel turn after the Straw Hats finish kicking the poo poo out the rest of his garbage-fire family tree.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Work Friend Keven posted:

Puddings name is pudding because she's made out of pudding.

So Luffy has a new emergency food supply? Chopper will be so relieved.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

anime was right posted:

yeah the pacing and the art have both improved considerably lately (specifically how oda frames panels, inclusion of backgrounds etc) its insane how one piece keeps getting better...

I'm wondering if we'll get some truly mind-blowing or even experimental use of frames and panels by the end, like when Luffy and co. finally find the One Piece or right as Luffy knocks out Blackbeard/Akainu for a quad-page pin-up cover.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Rangpur posted:

I will be so annoyed if this turns out to be true. It seems like the laziest possible way to take her off the table as a factor. I'd rather see Sanji's sister do a heel turn after the Straw Hats finish kicking the poo poo out the rest of his garbage-fire family tree.

The evil all along thing is unlikely. This arc is looking to be a war between people who view family as pawns/objects of convenience and people who actually care about the ties they form. Pudding repudiating her mother's selfish, infantile view of family fits right in.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Law Cheetah posted:

pudding is secretly evil

Well, the proof is in the pudding, as they say.

Oxxidation posted:

The evil all along thing is unlikely. This arc is looking to be a war between people who view family as pawns/objects of convenience and people who actually care about the ties they form. Pudding repudiating her mother's selfish, infantile view of family fits right in.

As someone who has dealt with these kinds of issues in real life, consider me 100% on Team Luffy all the way.

gently caress these self-serving assholes. :hellyeah:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

She can still do that if the innocent, cutesy attitude is a front. It'll just take more time and effort, and maybe a bit of chipping in from Lola and her dad.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Oxxidation posted:

It's also unlikely since it'd spoil what's going on between her and Sanji. It's a simple out, but it makes poo poo of the plot line in return for that easy out. Her and Sanji actually marrying and then eloping/rebelling once that marriage is complete and his bracelets are taken off is more likely. They both have issues with their family and the Strawhats are Sanji's chosen family instead of his birth one and likely to be where Pudding puts her stake too, once she rebels against her family. I doubt she'll join the crew, but having her lead a remnant of her family once the dust clears from the Luffy showdown and pledge allegiance to the Strawhats or something could happen.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
I hope Sanji marries Pudding, they take the handcuffs off of him, and he immediately Diable Jambes one/all of his brothers in the face

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'm guessing Pudding is going to marry someone else, possibly one of Sanji's brothers. There was that whole thing earlier in the arc where she claims to have met Sanji before, but he hadn't even reached the island yet.

deep space nein
Aug 25, 2011

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I hope Sanji marries Pudding, they take the handcuffs off of him, and he immediately Diable Jambes one/all of his brothers in the face

Then when they call their assassins to kill Zeff, all they get is "ok I'll get righ......what? I'm on the phone!..........who are you?........... you're name is gin?...*dialtone*"

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
I prefer the version where Garp is working there after accidentally throwing a cannonball into the roof.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

dang everyone, Luffy still missing that tooth.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

key party favors posted:

dang everyone, Luffy still missing that tooth.

I think that's mainly just for effect (ie, Luffy is already hosed up by Sanji, now he's going to take on Big Mom's literal entire army, the madman!).

That, or Luffy will be more of a foil to Blackbeard than we thought. Zehahaha! :yarr:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I think that's mainly just for effect (ie, Luffy is already hosed up by Sanji, now he's going to take on Big Mom's literal entire army, the madman!).

That, or Luffy will be more of a foil to Blackbeard than we thought. Zehahaha! :yarr:

Yeah, it's a good effect. I really have been loving this arc. The pacing has been stellar, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
maybe luffy gets his tooth back after eating sanji's weird superfood that he learned during the timeskip