Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
If ice cream doesn't make another guest appearance soon I fear Kara/Lena may just win out. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Do you guys think when someone was like yeah Daxam, it's a planet of bad boy party types, someone immediately went oooh lets get Benjamin McKenzie?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BrianWilly posted:

Sure but like, just because pressure is being put on the police doesn't mean it gets put on the "FBI" as well; they're separate departments. The minute Maggie said her hands were tied Alex should've been like "Well, mine aren't. Sic 'em, Supergirl." If Roulette then reveals that she somehow has leverage over the DEO, aka an organization that seems to be authorized by the White House itself...well, that's another thing, but as it stands it just seems like Alex (and Kara, earlier) rolled over too easily on this front.

Urrghgg I should just stop thinking about this so hard.

Also the fact the head of a major law enforcement agency was kidnapped, assaulted and force to fight to the death for the entertainment of others isn't apparently a very serious crime.

I mean obviously the high places friend is the President, but poo poo, this was just silly. Dammit Skye's mom, you're so evil.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Ville Valo posted:

If ice cream doesn't make another guest appearance soon I fear Kara/Lena may just win out. :allears:

I thought I was crazy, I was getting those vibes too. Those are probably not written in though, just the actresses and natural chemistry.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Maggie / Alex forever.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hahaha "Sorry Alex, gotta get wild with this one.."

Strike while the iron is hot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I call bullshit on this article about Supergirl on The Ringer it never once made use of the ice cream gif. :argh:

I also think his characterization of Winn is rooted in the first half of season one, but whatever.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pan Dulce posted:

I thought I was crazy, I was getting those vibes too. Those are probably not written in though, just the actresses and natural chemistry.

There's not many ways you can take "hey want to get a drink :shobon:" followed by a look of crushing disappointment after she blows her off for her woman.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Chokes McGee posted:

There's not many ways you can take "hey want to get a drink :shobon:" followed by a look of crushing disappointment after she blows her off for her woman.

No, he mentioned Kara/Lena. With Alex, they're about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
CW has a super high lesbian death count though so I worry for both of them.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I call bullshit on this article about Supergirl on The Ringer it never once made use of the ice cream gif. :argh:

I also think his characterization of Winn is rooted in the first half of season one, but whatever.

I think the comparison to smallville is weak, not only that but I stopped watching Smallville because of all the teen drama and poor use of super powers. So far this season has had less of that, and that's what excites me about this show. I enjoy the lighthearted nature of the show, but I would hate it if all the conflicts were "Does he/she like me?"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

CW has a super high lesbian death count though so I worry for both of them.

Does Sara Lance show up on the death count? And if so, does she count twice?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pan Dulce posted:

No, he mentioned Kara/Lena. With Alex, they're about as subtle as a sledgehammer.

Actually everyone is gay

Kara/Lena
Alex/Maggie
Wynn/Mon-El
Jimmy/Snapper

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kara/Icecream
Alex/Icecream
J'onn/Chocos

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did get a serious gay vibe from the scene with Mon-El in the flashback.

Edit: Also, I guess they're phasing Jimmy out? He's barely been in any of the episodes. That might be why they broke off the relationship.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this! posted:

I saw it as the partyboy prince and his relatively-more-responsible and loyal guard/friend, the kid finally decides to man up and lead his people. If it weren't too similar to season one, I wouldn't put it past the kid to rally the survivors and lead an attack against the two remaining Kryptonians in retaliation.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pan Dulce posted:

It's my understanding that the most popular ship in season one was actually Kara/Cat.

howe_sam posted:

Winn is now "What if Barry Allen was the team's Cisco?" in my mind. :D

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

Kara/Icecream
Alex/Icecream
J'onn/Chocos

I think everyone is Icecreamsexual.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Azhais posted:

Actually everyone is gay

Kara/Lena
Alex/Maggie
Wynn/Mon-El
Jimmy/Snapper

Words can't describe how great this would be.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

Edit: Also, I guess they're phasing Jimmy out? He's barely been in any of the episodes. That might be why they broke off the relationship.

Jimmy appears to be the main focus of the next episode and also there's that dumb Guardian poo poo they are doing.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I'm not seeing Kara/Lena at all and hope it doesn't happen.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Benoist is a super cool lady.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
She's probably super grateful for having made it out of the moist garbage fire that was Glee.

Considering the show is so deliberately teenage popcorn viewing, it's nice that it bucks some cliches. Cat is fun, especially remembering Flockhart playing such a limp flower in the Ally McBeal days.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

My expectations were low considering it was a Fight Club episode, but it was pretty fun.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

supergirl no why did you kill that snake

irlZaphod posted:

My expectations were low considering it was a Fight Club episode, but it was pretty fun.

I'm really surprised they actually brought in Roulette, although in retrospect I shouldn't be. She keeps popping up in DC media, and it's weird, because she's such a B tier villain.

Actually it's so they can blatantly set up superhero vs. superhero fights so never mind. :shobon:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Kraps posted:

I'm not seeing Kara/Lena at all and hope it doesn't happen.

prrrrrrrrrretty sure it's sarcasm

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Chokes McGee posted:

prrrrrrrrrretty sure it's sarcasm

It's a genuinely popular ship, but that's definitely not a relationship they'd ever explore on the show. Alex/Maggie is going to be the canon one.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its just a thing online where everyone wants everyone to be gay. Kara/Benoist's got chemistry with everyone.

Pixelante posted:

She's probably super grateful for having made it out of the moist garbage fire that was Glee.

I quit Glee before she showed up so every time I'm reminded of this it blows my mind all over again. Like, I can't imagine one of the original Glee Kids as Supergirl at all. They're too tainted for me.

BrianWilly posted:

Sure but like, just because pressure is being put on the police doesn't mean it gets put on the "FBI" as well; they're separate departments. The minute Maggie said her hands were tied Alex should've been like "Well, mine aren't. Sic 'em, Supergirl." If Roulette then reveals that she somehow has leverage over the DEO, aka an organization that seems to be authorized by the White House itself...well, that's another thing, but as it stands it just seems like Alex (and Kara, earlier) rolled over too easily on this front.

Urrghgg I should just stop thinking about this so hard.

The clear way the DEO seems to work is under the premise that aliens have no rights so they can do whatever they want with them. Humans are a different story which is why they were crossing a line when they threw Max Lord into their secret prison because they were violating all that Constitutional stuff. I'm guessing Roulette isn't considered a serious enough danger to cross that kind of line with since she's really nothing more than someone rich and connected enough to nab some aliens and convince them to fight. She's less super villain and more super scumbag.

Now granted, the President signing an Aliens Right Act would seem to change things for the DEO and theoretically that's why it was illegal for Roulette to do what she did and Maggie was able to arrest her. But if she's got the strings to get those charges dropped then we're still back to the DEO having to work within the system with humans, and if we assume the Supergirl works anything like ours its safe to assume that the Alien Right Act is going to be mired in years of debates, court hearings, appeals, and ultimate a Supreme Court ruling. And who knows if Supergirl's Earth's Scalia is dead or alive?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

STAC Goat posted:

I quit Glee before she showed up so every time I'm reminded of this it blows my mind all over again. Like, I can't imagine one of the original Glee Kids as Supergirl at all. They're too tainted for me.

I didn't watch much of it, but I think her plots involved having an obese mother and getting an eating disorder because a cheerleader was mean. (I keep getting reminded of Glee every time Mark Salling gets another criminal charge for being a sexual predator. He's now a pedophile AND a rapist!)

Also, ahahahahahahahahaha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAo1p3Ku2M4

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Pixelante posted:

I didn't watch much of it, but I think her plots involved having an obese mother and getting an eating disorder because a cheerleader was mean. (I keep getting reminded of Glee every time Mark Salling gets another criminal charge for being a sexual predator. He's now a pedophile AND a rapist!)

See? Glee poisoned them all. I don't know how Supergirl survived.

I'm not watching that video because I don't want to ruin my ignorance and get the Glee stink on her.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I watched the early eps of that season of Glee where she came on, and she pretty much instantly won me over. Good singer and projected that same enthusiasm. That's one of the reasons I paid attention to this show.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Glee should have ended like three years before it actually did. I stopped watching it long before Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin ever appeared on it, so when it was pointed out to me that they were on Glee my reaction was like "what, as background extras?"

I recently broke down and watched like the final 5 episodes of it on Netflix just out of morbid curiosity and it was like the most uncomfortable sit I've ever experienced as various characters cropped back up and I was slowly reminded much Glee ruined all these peoples' lives and careers :barf:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Glee should have ended like three years before it actually did. I stopped watching it long before Melissa Benoist and Grant Gustin ever appeared on it, so when it was pointed out to me that they were on Glee my reaction was like "what, as background extras?"

I recently broke down and watched like the final 5 episodes of it on Netflix just out of morbid curiosity and it was like the most uncomfortable sit I've ever experienced as various characters cropped back up and I was slowly reminded much Glee ruined all these peoples' lives and careers :barf:

Man, Supergirl went to a really bad highschool. That's a teacher singing lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPzyYTz89SY

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Remember when the cast of Glee were nominated for a Grammy?

Best Pop Performance by Duo or Group with Vocals.

They lost to "Hey Soul Sister".

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

A recently released synopsis for episode seven confirms Cyborg Superman will be showing up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, when I talk poo poo about Glee in the Couch thread people jump my poo poo. But it's for real some of the most toxic television I have ever seen.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I was not expecting a second amendment argument to happen on Supergirl tonight

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Did Lena invite Kara on a date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I mean, this is a somewhat sensical direction for James.