Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Aenslaed posted:

More advice required!

With the 4L selector coming up, Ace to 32 or get Lu Bu?

Just for you, I have updated the selector guide. To answer your specific question, I would not pick Lu Bu at all. If Karma is a choice then no questions asked: pick him.

I'm a bit on the fence as to recommend Ace right now or not. He's inferior to Sieg for CR, and he's kind of a liability in Arena. The main things he's good for is CT, Farming, Dailies, and that stuff. But it's hard to recommend someone just for that.

Anyway:

Abbreviations:
CR = Castle Rush (Comes in Easy/Normal/Hard versions)
WB = World Bosses
ID = Iron Devourer (World Boss #1)
SW = Storm Wing (World Boss #2)
NMW = Niu Mo Wang (World Boss #3)
CT = Celestial Tower
GW = Guild Wars

About Awoken Hero Picks:
Many heroes now can be Awoken, which completely revamps their skill sets and improves their stats. Many of these heroes are completely worthless in their non-awoken forms, but completely essential in their awoken ones. As such, these heroes will be included towards the bottom of these selection lists and indicated as such. Once you are capable of farming shards for these heroes, they should be considered absolutely top priority in most cases.

What to pick with a 6* selector:

I just want to be better in general and have no idea what to pick:
1) Shane is a universally good DPS character for any more where raw single target DPS is needed, namely: Castle Rush, Raid, and World Boss. Having a strong Raid team will get you better gear faster. Having a strong Castle Rush team will get you more elementals faster. Having a strong World Boss team will get you Jewels faster. Shane will also get an Awoken form in the future, keeping her relevant and strong. So getting her before Feng Yan is probably ideal! If your Shane isn't level 40 already, considering making her so!
---
2) Bai Jiao, Sieg, Espada, are all useful for a lot of other modes. So they are fairly safe picks in general to help build up your teams.
3) Pascal, Sera, are also useful for a number of things and will just generally help you out.

For Adventure Mode, and Farming:
1) Sera, for her two 5xAoE's with pierce. Also good for other modes so she's a pretty safe pick.
---
2) A.Yuri, for Turbo Farming, and some amazing skills for doing Perfect clears.

For CR:
1) Feng Yan and Shane, for your primary DPS roles. You eventually want them both, but it's better to focus on one or the other when you're starting.
---
2) Bai Jiao, he's useful for CR and Raids and WB and is a superior pick over Eileen generally.
3) Sieg, if you don't have a decent Ace already. For that big fat 80% damage boost and superior single target DPS, but might not be as preferable in CR Hard.
4) Victoria, Lania, Yui, for their passive ailment immunities. You will need access to A.Karin, A.Hellenia, and probably Sieg, to cover the others.
5) Transcend your Shane or Feng up to max. Lean on friend picks for Hellenia or Rachel to keep you in the game.
---
6) May, if you don't have decent access to A.Hellenia and/or Rachel. She's not going to help you much but she might help you enough to keep your scores up. Also reasonablly okay for ID.
7) Lina, if you don't have Dellons or Karma. You need her for Raid as well
---
8) A.Hellenia, for her amazing ability to keep your team alive in CR Hard, and necessity for Rachel day. She is incredible useful and you will want your own eventually, but you can also lean on friends for the short term, IF you have a decent Rachel or extremely swole May and Feng to help out.
9) A.Karin, for her Death immunity and general utility
10) A.Jupy, for her powerful role as a DPS

For Raid:
1) Shane and Feng Yan. Same as above, you will want them both eventually.
2) Lina, if you don't have Dellons or Karma.
3) Karon if you have Dellons/Karma, Sieg if you have Lina. You want someone with Stun immunity for your team, and either of these guys will do that.
4) Bai Jiao, especially if you are running Feng Yan. If you are running Shane, you can use Eileen instead if you have her already.
5) Espada, for damage reduction.
6) If you have a full up Team 1 then transcend all of them, especially Shane or Feng Yan.
---
Get a second Team going if your first team is sufficiently built up already.
7) Velika, for secondary Magic damage reduction
8)A.Jupy, for DPS role.

For PvP:
- General rule of thumb is that PvP meta shifts rapidly and you shouldn't ever pick units that are ONLY good for PvP. That being said...

1) A.Yuri, for her crazy good awakening skill, and her raw damage increases.
2) A.Evan, for his super tankyness, reflect, Taunt, ailment resistance, fixed damage, and fixed healing. He can lead tank or hybrid teams, but he's such a common drop you probably don't want to spend selectors on him.[/i]
3) A.Karin, possibly, for her role on tank teams.

For Dailies/Celestial Tower:
1) Pascal, as you need a source to remove buffs, pierce, remove immunities, or have 5xAoE immunity.
2) Xiao, for massive cooldown increase to buy you some extra time.
--
3)A.Evan, A.Karin, and A.Yuri, are very useful for CT's higher floors when sufficiently built up. And are also useful for other modes.

For World Bosses:
1) Shane and Feng Yan, obviously for DPS. You need them both because there are days where the bosses are immune to Physical or Magical.
---
2) Bai Jiao, for Iron Devourer. Needed for Poison immunity and damage boost.
3) Asura, for Iron Devourer. Needed for Paralyze immunity and Lock On. Make sure to equip her with 2x Lethal gear so she targets the right head.
4) Sera, for Niu Mo Wang. To pierce through the minions.
---
5) Xiao, for Storm Wing. Needed to lock him out of using skills entirely.
6) Espada, optionally for Storm Wing. Needed to reduce Magical damage significantly, on days when the boss has bonuses.
7) Jake, optionally for Niu Mo Wang. For the Petrify immunity, but Spike can fill this role as well.
---
8)A.Jupy, for DPS.

What to pick with a Special Selector:

For everything:
1) Karma is a safe choice, especially if you don't already have Dellons. 50% All Damage is excellent for every mode, buff reduction is always helpful, and 5x AOE Pierce w/2x hits and guaranteed crit is just awesome.
2) Rin, for her massive massive Magic damage output and damage buff to the rest of your team. Also still great in PvP, and excellent for Awoken hero farming.
---
3) Rachel, can be useful for a whole lot of PvE game modes. Especially needed for CR Hard and all World Bosses, but also useful for Dailies, CT, and sometimes Abyss.
4) Spike, just having 2 turns of all-ailment immunity can make so many modes so much less painful. He's been ecplised by Elysia for PvP, but he's still fine for other stuff.

For CR:
1) Rachel. Gives you a massive boost to damage and survivability, and you want your own due to how the friend summoning system works. You also need her for World Boss. Get her to 32 ASAP!
2) Karma, for his passives mostly. He's incredibly durable even at 30 and gives you an All damage bonus. Also, useful for Rudy day optionally.
3) Ace, for those huge decent reduction and increased damage dealt. You can work around not having him by using Rachel + Sieg, but he's not a bad option to have around.

For Raid:
1) Karma, All Damage bonus.
2) Eileen, for her physical damage bonus on Shane teams. Preferable over BJ for that role, specifically.

For PvP:
1) Rin. Just blows up other teams period. Get her to 32 ASAP if you are focused on PvP heavily.
2) Karma, just amazing across the board.
--
3) Spike. If you don't have an Eylsia, you might want him!

For Dailies/Tower:
1) Karma
2) Rin
3) Eileen, Rachel, or Spike all have situational usefulness for Dailies. Rachel is very solid for middle-ranged Tower floors.

For Adventure Farming:
1) Karma, big rear end damage and piercing and AoEs. You probably want him for non-4 Fodder farming.

For World Boss:
1) Rachel, you need her for the defense and damage reduction on Iron Devourer and Storm Wing.
2) Karma, optionally, for another sturdy damage booster.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm leaning towards a second Rin for tomorrow's selector, because I have both Rin and Ace at 30 so those are the two I'm deciding between. Is there a compelling reason to pick one over the other? (The selector this time explicitly excludes Karma)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I don't think there's any major compelling reason to build up Ace past 30 right now unless there's something big I'm overlooking. Good to have, sure, but not really essential like he was prior to the Sieg buff.

Honestly other than PvP I dunno what I'd do with a Rin right now. Using Espada as Raid 2 lead is a fun idea but I have doubts it would be worth it over a Dellons/Sieg team or whatever.

Teo, LuBu, and SWK are pretty much PVP only as well and none of them are preferably over Rin for that. So. I dunno who else you'd pick.

Well, I do have a Jam. She's only level 30, but I have her. Maybe it's time to dust her off for Raid 2 again :v:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
My raid teams are Shane/Ace/Spike/Soi/Sieg and Espada/Da Qiao/Asura/Rin/Karon right now. There are probably a million ways to improve them, but those are the best I have with what I have.

Soi was originally on Raid 2, but then I realized she was Physical instead of Magic, so I swapped her and Da Qiao.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Dragon is immune to all debuffs so Ace isn't doing you any help there. You'd actually be much better served by compacting those two together:
Shane | Karon, Espada, Bai Jiao, filler

And you'd want to slot in Dellons or Karma there once you get them obviously.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The reason I have Ace there is for the 50% damage increase, unless that doesn't apply.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It doesn't, it's "Increase Damage Received" which is a debuff.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It looks like cubeupload doesn't support https. Maybe rehost the images in the OP on imgur?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Lee Jung in raids should be fun, I used him a ways back to try and make up for not having Espada / Velika / anybody who isn't Rudy and the cooldown reduction worked out real nice when I got back to back Soul Slayers. I never really built him up though and he was pretty (and understandably) squishy. I should give him another go with all the goodies raining from the sky and see what armor and other defensive passives like Gwyrgyn Blood's Espada+Lina team helps.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

If nothing else, Lee Jung is also still good for Rudy CR and he's Earth elemental, and what else are you going to do with those?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Lee jung is great, never not build lee jung

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is there a good reason to level up my various junk monsters that drop versus just feeding them to my actual guys?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Elysiume posted:

Is there a good reason to level up my various junk monsters that drop versus just feeding them to my actual guys?

Rubies for the first time they hit 30 isn't terrible. They always get rubies but there's more the first time.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

You should generally pack as many fodder creatures onto your adventure teams as you can so you get the rubies for hitting 30. Other than that, everything sub 4* is basically food

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I grinded something like 700 rubies during the Karma event so I could do the 50+1 pulls to get him and buy two of the costumes via getting trash critters and other character I never 30'd before. It did cost a shitton of keys though but it was worth it to play pretty princess get Karma! I also made piles of cash, 4-5* fodder items, and a decent number of 3* fodder creatures doing it all during Hot Time in world 8.

I also have a lv34 3* Ahri I'm gonna try to get to lv40 someday because Ahri is :3:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Elysiume posted:

Checking this game out and it is more anime than I could have ever imagined.

welcome to anime, my friend

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

For CR:
1) Shane
2) May, unless you already have a Rachel
3) Lina, if you don't have Dellons or Karma
4) Sieg, for that big fat 80% damage boost
5) Bai Jiao, if you don't have Eileen.
6) Transcend your Shane up to max and use friends or 4-5* guys to fill in for immunities and such.
--
7) Victoria, Lee Jung, Karin (or Leo), Lania, Yui, Zhuge Liang for their passives

Is Zhuge Liang's passive party wide? Its phrased very very badly if that is the case.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Aenslaed posted:

Is Zhuge Liang's passive party wide? Its phrased very very badly if that is the case.

yes

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

8-20 Easy is the best for Gold right now once you can swing it. You definitely need some big power to farm it though, typically like Jave+Eileen+Dellons+Ace+Spike to make it real safe/fast.

you still get experience in world 8, so i think gold farming while bringing zero fodder is a huge waste. yeah 8-20 drops much better gold, but it's way less efficient.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It used to be pretty practical to do 2-3 fodder farming on it but the buffs to the Crusaders apply now so it's a bit of a pain now. Probably still pretty practical if you got enough gear/levels on your farmers, but not for me.

I tend to farm it when I just need gold and don't want to bother paying attention to flipping units constantly.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Cleared Tuesday Hard for the first time :toot:

Took a second Rin from the event selector to transcend her. Didn't care about Lu Bu or Ace, Karma wasn't in it, and SWK makes me unhappy.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah im undecided on the 4L selector as well.

I am dissapointed Karma is not in it as that was a sure pick and would mean i would get a transcended Karma. Now my options are either to get my 32 Ace to 34 or to pick an entirely new 4L (I do have a Lu Bu at 4* but i hear he is not that hot any more)
I don't care about PVP beyond doing it for the dailies/weeklies but i have managed to get myself to 1800ish rating and the rewards are starting to become noticeable (i believe it was 80 rubies and 8 topaz, which is a weekly thing so it adds up)
Maybe picking Rin and getting higher in PVP would be the best way to progress in all game modes actually.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I think I read that Ace's stock has fallen considerably since Seig got his buff. Plus, Guts is much cooler than any samurai.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

If nothing else, Lee Jung is also still good for Rudy CR and he's Earth elemental, and what else are you going to do with those?

Synthesize them into Fire, Dark and Water.

Synthesis is so great.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Noice!!! I Fused two fivestars, got Bane, Synth'd him, got a 6* Asura!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah I'm probably going to convert a few of these Earths to Darks, but 3:1 is such a bad ratio. I'd rather work towards getting Lee Jung and Hellenia maxed out that get rid of too many of them. It's mostly a matter of fodder/gold priority really.

I guess I'm gonna take Rin from my selector. I doubt I'll get around to using her any time soon though, just way too much other poo poo to worry about right now.

On the subject of Lee Jung and other Raid team ideas, I bet this would work pretty well as a secondary team too:
Espada | Rin, Lina, Sieg, Lee Jung

Hrm yeah, 8-4 during Hot Time actually gives close to 6k per key, and is really easy to farm with 3 fodder. 8-5 isn't much harder either but I need a little bit more power on Karma or Jave first.
8-20 gives you 9k per key but eh, might as well use 8-4 for regular ruby farming if nothing else.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 2, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

if you want a chance at puzzle drops you want to run 8-6 or higher though

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Tomorrows patch notes are out, sadly there doesn't look to be any more cool free stuff given out, but there are some more sweet new costumes, and there is a new hero who looks supremely badass. He is 1 part Karma, 1 part Ace and if his stats are the same as the Korean version, 1 part Rin, all as a regular hero. A very pvp/world boss orientated hero, but an awesome one.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Our Pascal is 100% different from the KR version so I wouldn't go by anything they have their. His skills are definitely the business though on our version. Guaranteed lethal attacks for your entire team is pretty silly too, though that's only a 30% damage increase by itself so it's not gigantic compared to some stuff. Oh and surprise, he's Magic type.

Oh and uh, his Gate To Abyss? Despite having a Debuff effect it straight up applies through Spike's immunity. Figure that the gently caress out. Net effect is that DQ was just instantly removed as a viable unit for PvP.

Adios DQ, I just got you to 40 too :(

E: Lethal only applies to him which is actually even worse. He's 100% guaranteed to use Gate To Abyss first thing in PvP.

Also PSA: The patch removes the 3x entries for Beans and Crystals, so you might want to run those immediately.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 3, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got Rin! Here's the setup.

Giparang
Spike
Rudy

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Adios DQ, I just got you to 40 too :(

gently caress. Guess it's back to waiting for lighting to strike and give me more 7k/4l.

Tetracell
Feb 16, 2008
My bicycle masters boardwalk and quagmire with aplomb. Those that doubt me... suck cock by choice.
Is there a waiting list or anything to get into slovenknights?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Russian Remoulade posted:

gently caress. Guess it's back to waiting for lighting to strike and give me more 7k/4l.

I'm being over dramatic because this kind of stuff happens virtually every 2 weeks. :v:

But just to break it down, here's the big part of the trouble:
1) Pascal has basically maxed out Lethal Attack which means his skills get 1.5x priority to get used over others (it's not as big of a difference as it sounds but it's still there)
2) Pascal's Gate To Abyss is a buff/debuff skill which gives it significantly higher chances of getting used before anything else
3) GtA is a debuff that ignores Spike's debuff immunity for questionable reasons.
4) GtA also has a buff component, which is pretty much useless. However, it in turn causes the 100% chance for DQ to use Lucid Dream to dispell it anyway.

Net effect: Pascal goes first, makes your team take significantly more damage, forces you to waste a turn, and removes Lucid Dream as an option to deal with Immortals.

Also: His other skill is DQ's Spring Up except it also hits a 3rd time that does fixed damage, and also reduces buff duration. Also: It has only 4 seconds more cooldown. Also: Fixed damage removes Rudy from the game lol

Also: He has +2 more hits of Void Shield than DQ.
Also: Built in Lethal means he's dealing more damage than DQ on top of all that stuff.

But the good news is that he's also a Normal hero. So you can farm him just like DQ! Should be in the synthesizer as well tomorrow, plenty of people on Asia server already have him hypermaxed.

Probably also worth considering is that the debuff going through Spike's shield might be a bug. Were that the case and it were fixed, it would actually be a strong case against Pascal, since he'd be prone to wasting turns at the start of every match.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 3, 2016

dontaht
Aug 4, 2007
Looks like I have something to use my Finas on then. I also took DQ to 40 but never used her. Trying to break into crystal is kinda hard.

Feel free to add me goons. IGN: choom. Current rep is max Dellons. Should be useful if you don't have a max Shane/Jupy yet and would probably be useful even if you do! I use him as my backline for CR normals.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Since I just got my Rin to 32, I am trying to decide on some jewels for her. Right now I think +crit damage, +lethal. Sadly for my red slot I don't have anything great because I mostly have life steal there, so as not great as +damage is i might have to slot it in for now. I could also put block there but not sure how good that would be? She's not very tough after her void shield breaks.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Good ol' gatcha games! :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

it's a tricky situation because pascal looks stupid

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Yui and Lina are keepers right?
Any example teams for them? Maybe i have some combinations of heroes now that can do better in certain gamemodes than my Ace|Eileen,Karma,YuShin,Spike team which i use for everything except Raid.
I got both today at 6* from synthesis as well as having a Yui from before. I also got a transder Fina so this means i can transcend both of them as well. (As well as take Shane from 34 to 38, alternatively not transcend Lina and get Shane to 40)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

As far as I am aware Yui is only used on Dellons castle rush day. Lina is more of an everywhere sort of unit, although her big thing is the damage buff and she can be replaced. I wouldn't use a transcender on either unit as I think they're light units and you'll likely be swimming in light elementals. Shane is is better since fire are at somewhat of a premium, but I'd hold on to it until you want to start transcending some dark units like Sieg as those elements are in way more demand, being used by most 7k.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yui is for Dellons CR day. Keep her, but leave her at base 30 so you can have her die off as you do in CR.

Lina is for a Raid team, usually the secondary team. She's good to work on, but not above Karon as a healer (especially since you have Karma already).

Just get Shane to 40 first IMO, that will make CR/Raid/WB all much easier. The easier those are, the more you can get better gear, more elementals, etc.

Clawtopsy posted:

it's a tricky situation because pascal looks stupid

This really doesn't help no. :v: Not that I'm going to stop using DQ any time soon, she'll just have to hang in there.

On the other hand, all of those new costumes are really sick. I think I gotta pick up the Karma costume at the very least, but the Rin one is so good too.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Great, gonna eat one of the Yui's then for more synthesising, and chuck Lina in the 2nd raid team.

I should be able to do all daily hard element soon. I did hard earth yesterday and almost got hard dark today, the frontline Sun Wu Kong in the last wave had about 30% health left when i lost (Kill him and they all fall afaik) . A bit more gear and/or a few more transcends on my dudes should do the trick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well today I discovered that if you get a Draw in Arena, it still counts as a win for you. How about that.

• Locked thread