Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Deakul posted:

Any way to upgrade to the Deluxe Edition? I've decided I love the game and want to throw more money at the devs for it but not $80 love.

They'll be adding some paid skins in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

In Training posted:

I think it's just not a great blocking tool, especially against somebody like legion. It's better to just escape than to play and be defensive

Agreedo. If I could drop sword block all together for a extra dash charge I would.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Do you play with a controller on PC?

I can't tell if this is a genuine question or a sick burn. :smith:

No, mouse and keyboard

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

e: f, dp

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

What merits do I need to earn for the Charge Rifle? I've been at Level 2 2/3 for the past couple days.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Single player in this is good, suck it nerds.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Conot posted:

No, mouse and keyboard

Watching your second clip, you under aim a lot. You might need to slowly up your sens till you find your optimum setting.

Do you move the mouse with your wrist or arm?

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Mill Village posted:

What merits do I need to earn for the Charge Rifle? I've been at Level 2 2/3 for the past couple days.

Kill or assist in killing of titans or players using it is the only way to rank up guns I believe.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mr.Citrus posted:

Watching your second clip, you under aim a lot. You might need to slowly up your sens till you find your optimum setting.

Do you move the mouse with your wrist or arm?

The issue with high sensitivity is effectively the third clip, where I overaim to the extent that every shot goes wide.

I tend to move the mouse with my wrist.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

How do the increased magazine size and faster reload upgrades interact with the l-star?

if it means more time before overheat/ faster cooling then that would be great. If it just speeds up the animation where you replace the part if you shoot for too long then that blows.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
There are lots of guns to unlock but I just run around with stim and a shotgun. Can't really do anything at range but when I blast someone as I fly by it's real good. I'm bad at fps on console but I got it on PS4 anyway.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SweetBro posted:

Single player in this is good, suck it nerds.

Preaching to the choir in here. I honestly want to do it a second time on higher difficulty, which (before DOOM, anyway) I haven't said about an FPS in one hell of a long time

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

In Training posted:

People played Splatoon for a year plus and all they did was add a map every other month or so and that kept people into it. Splatoon had better matchmaking than TF2 but it was also added later there so there's hope for this yet in that regard

they also balance changed the cost effectiveness of all the abilities, weapon hitboxes, nerfed some weapons, remade a few maps to not be broken, added more visual customization, and added a bunch of new useful and absolutely useless weapons

but there's two kinds of matchmaking in splatoon, the ranked mode matchmaking which only lets you play 3 gimmick modes, the main mode "turf war" has awful matchmaking. If its like, tuesday or wednesday it works fine, but the problem is everyone gets reset to zero every sunday, and I don't mean zero with placement matches for the new week, I mean zero. If you're not playing within the first like 10 hours of sunday the 7 other players it will match you with for your first like 5-15 matches of the week seem impossibly inhuman at how stupid they are

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

Preaching to the choir in here. I honestly want to do it a second time on higher difficulty, which (before DOOM, anyway) I haven't said about an FPS in one hell of a long time

Same and I wanna get all the pilot helmets

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zolthorg posted:

they also balance changed the cost effectiveness of all the abilities, weapon hitboxes, nerfed some weapons, remade a few maps to not be broken, added more visual customization, and added a bunch of new useful and absolutely useless weapons

but there's two kinds of matchmaking in splatoon, the ranked mode matchmaking which only lets you play 3 gimmick modes, the main mode "turf war" has awful matchmaking. If its like, tuesday or wednesday it works fine, but the problem is everyone gets reset to zero every sunday, and I don't mean zero with placement matches for the new week, I mean zero. If you're not playing within the first like 10 hours of sunday the 7 other players it will match you with for your first like 5-15 matches of the week seem impossibly inhuman at how stupid they are

Once they added ranked I never looked back unless I was playig turf mode with friends and pwning 7 year old Japanese kids.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Conot posted:

The issue with high sensitivity is effectively the third clip, where I overaim to the extent that every shot goes wide.

I tend to move the mouse with my wrist.

What's your dpi? It took a long time for me to get used to more arm based aiming but it's a lot better.

Edit: rewatched the clip, it looks like your over aim is due to over correcting under aim.

Double edit: watching really intently, I can't tell. It looks like underaim in parts and over aim in others

Mr.Citrus fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Nov 3, 2016

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Mr.Citrus posted:

What's your dpi? It took a long time for me to get used to more arm based aiming assuming but it's a lot better.

My mouse is adjustable but typically I'm playing with 4000 DPI

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Someone page the CS:GO thread because it's time for sens chat.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
This game looks super promising but I'm a little bit concerned about the multiplayer's longevity. Any estimates on how long it'll last, or should I wait and see how it shakes out?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If I had a dollar

It's good and fun, buy it

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
For what it's worth I was playing Titanfall 1 on the 360 as of a month ago and had no problem finding games.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Conot posted:

My mouse is adjustable but typically I'm playing with 4000 DPI

Whoa! Cs go pros use like 800, overwatch between 800 and 1200, and the highest end I've heard for quake pros is 1800 - 2200.

You might try dropping that down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can still find Deus Ex 1 death match games. Don't worry about longevity, the game will die long after you get your money's worth

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

quote:

People played Splatoon for a year plus and all they did was add a map every other month or so and that kept people into it. Splatoon had better matchmaking than TF2 but it was also added later there so there's hope for this yet in that regard

I adored Splatoon, but better matchmaking? Come on. After you attain a certain rank in this game you will face nothing but overseas players. This problem is made worse by p2p system it uses.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oxxidation posted:

This game looks super promising but I'm a little bit concerned about the multiplayer's longevity. Any estimates on how long it'll last, or should I wait and see how it shakes out?

Speaking as someone with the same question before I bought in:

buy in, trust me, it's Good and Fun especially while there are plenty of new people of similar skill levels (rather than say CSGO where haha gently caress you newbi)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Night Blade posted:

I adored Splatoon, but better matchmaking? Come on. After you attain a certain rank in this game you will face nothing but overseas players. This problem is made worse by p2p system it uses.

The connection wasn't always great but I just meant that matches always felt nicely challenging. I rarely lose currently (people will probably get better as pop falls off) and would like some kind of ranking system

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Man, you weren't kidding about them really wanting the A point. :stare:
Also your aim is still better than mine. :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Meanwhile myself and Radintorov were just sat in a tiny room on top of C killing dudes beneath us until a tick jumps in the window and blows us both to hell. (see: 0:46 in the video)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

What are you using to record/turn these into gifs?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

In Training posted:

Once they added ranked I never looked back unless I was playig turf mode with friends and pwning 7 year old Japanese kids.

all of the ranked modes are poorly implemented / not remotely well thought out though? They all heavily favor a certain weapon class/special or two and none of the weapons or skills are balanced around them.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Lemming posted:

He's using Shadowplay but you can get OBS to do the same thing. Gfycat will take the FLVs OBS spits out directly if theyre short enough, or you might need an editor to trim to size first.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ugh they really need to relax the hit detection between friendly titans/bubbles or redo some of the maps to give more room. It's so frustrating if you fire something(especially with a cooldown) and a friendly titan moves in front of you and blocks it(or if it's a grenade, kills you). Or if you're about to kill a player/titan and another player drops a titan right in front of you, with the bubble blocking everything.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
4k DPI is high, but I don't think CS GO is a great comparison for DPI/sens. That game plays best with extremely precise mouse movements, whereas Titanfall is much more about rapid turns.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Lemming posted:

Using NVIDIA Shadowplay to record the last 2.5 minutes, then using Windows Movie Maker to encode/cut down the MP4s that Shadowplay spits out into gfycat acceptable files. Mixtape.moe and gfycat will both take MP4s and do the hard conversion work for you. Gfycat is soundless (It seems? I couldn't see an option anywhere to leave sound on) whereas mixtape is not.

e: Its worth noting that WMM will need some fiddling to make it encode at 60 FPS, as by default it tries to encode at 30 FPS which looks like rear end on 60 FPS video.

Mr.Citrus posted:

Whoa! Cs go pros use like 800, overwatch between 800 and 1200, and the highest end I've heard for quake pros is 1800 - 2200.

You might try dropping that down

I'll mess around with it tommorow, but suspect turning it down would only make me worse in the short term since i'm use to my current DPI. Thank you for the advice and tips!

Arianya fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 3, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Conot posted:

(Yes, I know my aim sucks)
Greetings fellow "can't aim worth a poo poo" gamer

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!
I loved the original Titanfall a lot, but I'm really sad that the smart pistol is no longer a selectable primary weapon. My play was exceptionally better with it because I was able to focus on movement and setups. My aiming is perfectly fine, but it just suited my play style and really gave me a lot of flexibility. I'm hesitant to get this because I have no idea which gun I'd use. I guess I can move over to a shotgun? I guess the SMG was ok when you had the run n' gun kit attached.

I've never been a fan of FPS games but Titanfall was the true exception to that.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Conot posted:

No, mouse and keyboard

Sorry bro I wasn't trying to do a sick burn. Practice makes perfect! Make sure windows mouse acceleration is turned off!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

RoflcopterPilot posted:

I loved the original Titanfall a lot, but I'm really sad that the smart pistol is no longer a selectable primary weapon. My play was exceptionally better with it because I was able to focus on movement and setups. My aiming is perfectly fine, but it just suited my play style and really gave me a lot of flexibility. I'm hesitant to get this because I have no idea which gun I'd use. I guess I can move over to a shotgun? I guess the SMG was ok when you had the run n' gun kit attached.

I've never been a fan of FPS games but Titanfall was the true exception to that.

I'm very disappointed by the lack of a smart pistol as well, since that thing was my favourite weapon in Titanfall 1. But SMGs are crazy good in this game, and don't require super fine aiming. Same with shotguns.

Give it a shot. If you buy on steam you can play for two hours before requesting a refund, which should let you try the game out.

Though that being said I was doing godawful in this game for around two or three hours before something "clicked." I don't even know what did, I just know that I went from bottom of the leaderboard every game to topping it.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Conot posted:

Using NVIDIA Shadowplay to record the last 2.5 minutes, then using Windows Movie Maker to encode/cut down the MP4s that Shadowplay spits out into gfycat acceptable files. Mixtape.moe and gfycat will both take MP4s and do the hard conversion work for you. Gfycat is soundless (It seems? I couldn't see an option anywhere to leave sound on) whereas mixtape is not.

e: Its worth noting that WMM will need some fiddling to make it encode at 60 FPS, as by default it tries to encode at 30 FPS which looks like rear end on 60 FPS video.

I'll mess around with it tommorow, but suspect turning it down would only make me worse in the short term since i'm use to my current DPI. Thank you for the advice and tips!

Mixtape is just a file host actually, you're just posting mp4s!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Sens chat I do 3@800 but I've only played two games of Titanfall multiplayer so far so ymmv