Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
As much as I want notail to be good, I would agree he has been the weakest link on OG pretty much the whole time.

Yes, he sacrificed a lot of farm for Miracle, and that might make his performance seem a bit worse, but he also just makes so many questionable plays. His decision making just isn't all that great, and he doesn't balance that out by showing incredible mechanical skills or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
the problem with OG at TI was the same problem OG had at Shanghai, and that problem was that, once they had won a big tournament, they'd get real lazy, and people who had played more games on the patch would roll over them

they were the team with the most pro games played on 6.85 before Frankfurt, and, before Manila, they picked themselves back up through i-League, Epicenter and Dreamleague

pinning it all on n0tail when there are other, more important factors, seems to me like it's missing the forest to flame a tree

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
I can't decide if Jerax is an upgrade or a downgrade from Cr1t, they're both just so drat good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Andrast posted:

You'd think that these nerds would know that chancing your name like that when you are well known doesn't work

it somehow worked for that retard airman who changed his handle to illidan stormrage like he's a goddamn 13 year old on bnet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Majestic posted:

I can't decide if Jerax is an upgrade or a downgrade from Cr1t, they're both just so drat good.

I like Jerax more since he has a flashier playstyle so it's more fun to watch

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Groovelord Neato posted:

it somehow worked for that retard airman who changed his handle to illidan stormrage like he's a goddamn 13 year old on bnet.

He wasn't nearly as well known as n0tail when he started going by Illidan and are we going to call that one out but ignore names like Bulba, Kefka, and the illustrious HANNAH_MONTANA?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

No Safe Word posted:

He wasn't nearly as well known as n0tail when he started going by Illidan and are we going to call that one out but ignore names like Bulba, Kefka, and the illustrious HANNAH_MONTANA?

All of those are a lot better names than lllidan, especially HANNAH_MONTANA

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Majestic posted:

As much as I want notail to be good, I would agree he has been the weakest link on OG pretty much the whole time.

Yes, he sacrificed a lot of farm for Miracle, and that might make his performance seem a bit worse, but he also just makes so many questionable plays. His decision making just isn't all that great, and he doesn't balance that out by showing incredible mechanical skills or anything.

He sacrificed tons for Miracle, often giving up lane support and ending up in poor matchups while Fly and Cr1t made sure Miracle had a good game. As a result, I think Notail just looked worse than your flashier carries, but that's the way this team plays. I really don't think he's the weakest link - Cr1t seems to have been clearly the best player but I would put the rest about even.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

No Safe Word posted:

lol there's a player that goes by kefka? just lol.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

ElNarez posted:

the problem with OG at TI was the same problem OG had at Shanghai, and that problem was that, once they had won a big tournament, they'd get real lazy, and people who had played more games on the patch would roll over them

they were the team with the most pro games played on 6.85 before Frankfurt, and, before Manila, they picked themselves back up through i-League, Epicenter and Dreamleague

pinning it all on n0tail when there are other, more important factors, seems to me like it's missing the forest to flame a tree

I never said notail was the reason for all of their problems just that he has been easily the worst player on every team he's been on for two years

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Jerax wasn't on OG at the time

Sorry I meant Crit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

violent sex idiot posted:

I never said notail was the reason for all of their problems just that he has been easily the worst player on every team he's been on for two years

He was on a team with EE and bone7

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

No Safe Word posted:

Not to mention "God".

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!

mikeraskol posted:

He sacrificed tons for Miracle, often giving up lane support and ending up in poor matchups while Fly and Cr1t made sure Miracle had a good game. As a result, I think Notail just looked worse than your flashier carries, but that's the way this team plays. I really don't think he's the weakest link - Cr1t seems to have been clearly the best player but I would put the rest about even.

I agree with the first part, but my point is that even beyond playing that sacrificial style 2.5 position, he also just makes a lot of really bad calls, getting himself killed at critical times in very questionable situations. I don't think he brings enough other skills to the table to make up for that fact.

edit: Ok that Ana play was pretty sweet

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
i hate to disturb this very meaningful discussion but there's some decent dota going on

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Incoherence posted:

Not to mention "God".

Its God Kill Them All.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

i hate to disturb this very meaningful discussion but there's some decent dota going on

yes but is it good enough

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Col took a game off EG in dota pit???

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kild posted:

Its God Kill Them All.

don't forget the moron godot who pronounced it go dot.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

more like dICK posted:

Col took a game off EG in dota pit???

Looks like they might take 2

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

mikeraskol posted:

Looks like they might take 2

:eyepop:

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

you mean it wasn't a clever takedown of the name and character as well as a tweak of the nose of blizzard after they managed to completely miss the mobas train

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I may have spoke too soon.

Edit: I may have spoke too soon about speaking too soon. This is like one of my pubs right now, throws and then counter-throws.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

now, remember, this hero has an arcana coming out

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Milky Moor posted:

now, remember, this hero has an arcana coming out

Thats pretty much waht this set is. They probably hired a bunch of guys to send them arcana ideas, this was one of them that someone sent in as a rough draft (which is why it's garbage) that was ultimately declined being the Arcana and Valve was like alright just add that poo poo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
N... nice ult.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Burning Sylar Jamma

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
bbg... couldn't stop winning and now... even wingsbad has fallen

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

*plays taps*

:patriot:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
oh cool bbg got another dota thread deleted :coffeepal:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

botany posted:

wangsbig and bbg: the original io-chaos knight duo

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
can we just loving have a thread but not have bbg post in it ffs

its not like "60 wins in a row lmao!" isn't something a brain diseased monkey cant poo poo out every now and then in case somebody gets nostalgic for zero content posting

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.
what's wrong with him not posting in this one ?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sorry, I didn't do anything wrong.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

botany posted:

Thanks for pointing this out so that I could hold my breath and descend into the gas chamber yet again to check the last few pages. It was glorious :chord:

edit-- based on the several replies below this post: hello from the gas chamber pre-emptively!

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 3, 2016

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I'm pretty sure purge is more boring than merlini but really I'm not sure if it matters they're both personality black holes

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sorry, I didn't do anything wrong.

you're incapable of making fun of a person who (a) is a brony and (b) puts pills in his butt without using the word "human being". because that's really difficult to do apparently. you also look like a hobbit and have hand drawn pepe memes on the walls of your hobbit hovel. but mostly the brony thing is real bad you dolt

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

botany posted:

you're incapable of making fun of a person who (a) is a brony and (b) puts pills in his butt without using the word "human being". because that's really difficult to do apparently. you also look like a hobbit and have hand drawn pepe memes on the walls of your hobbit hovel. but mostly the brony thing is real bad you dolt

Uh huh.... go on.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Gentlemen. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

botany posted:

he called drunken officeparty a human being, not the brony.

• Locked thread