Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Our Favorite Writer has started doing TV criticism. It's as bad as you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

big 'ol sentence y'all

quote:

The pilot episode itself—bookended by the prelude to and eventually the culmination of a shooting incident involving the three male leads (Glover’s Earn; Earn’s rapper cousin, Alfred aka Paper Boi, whose career looks just about ready to take off; and Alfred’s best friend, Darius), and fleshed out in the middle with dry humor found in very modern and very particular social settings (like a white DJ friend of Earn’s who thinks of himself as “down” enough to use the word “nigga” with the relatively unthreatening Earn, but not so comfortable to use it later around the more outwardly street Alfred and Darius)—was a perfect distillation of what the show could be at its best: a unique voice communicating a perspective we rarely see anywhere in the mainstream entertainment industry, while also indicating that the stakes here actually mattered in a serious way.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

PirateBob posted:

Has Brendan adapted an Irish accent?

Northern Irishman Brendan Rodgers does have an Irish accent, yes.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Meat Wagon posted:

Northern Irishman Brendan Rodgers does have an Irish accent, yes.

*ahem* I knew that of course :ninja:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

wicka posted:

big 'ol sentence y'all

"actually mattered in a serious way" is how that mess ends. gently caress what a hack

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

wicka posted:

big 'ol sentence y'all

Holy poo poo this sentence is impossible to read.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

He uses 2 semi colons within parentheses

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

PirateBob posted:

*ahem* I knew that of course :ninja:

I'm not sure that you did

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

wicka posted:

big 'ol sentence y'all

Strunk and White wept.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

wicka posted:

big 'ol sentence y'all

a neckbeard reads a page of infinite jest strokes his double chin and thinks 'hmm i can be a writer'

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

PirateBob posted:

Has Brendan adapted an Irish accent?

he's from nothern ireland.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

crappledan posted:

a neckbeard reads a page of infinite jest strokes his double chin and thinks 'hmm i can be a writer'

Nice sig

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

https://twitter.com/BarryMcGonigle/status/794288488535523328

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Lol

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Gomes. Is it just me or does anyone else on here think he didn't fancy that today?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I know this plays into your narrative that the MLS is terrible and all, but the Italian coach is just wrong and saying Gionvinco isn’t good enough to play for Italy because of MLS is just idiotic. MLS is at least as good as Liga MX, and Gignac seemed to more than be up to the task at Euro 2016. MLS is bad because of the overally top-to-bottom talent, but the best players are still good enough to play for a national team like Italy (and was in desperate need of a dynamic attacker). Jermaine Defoe went from being so-so in MLS to being the best player a Premier League team (which is obviously one of the worst but still), while Giovinco has been dynamite since he entered the league.

Their coach can act like a pompous rear end all he wants, and then can kiss his job goodbye if he thinks the striker from mighty Sampdoria deserves a cap over the best player in MLS.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Weaponized Cum posted:

I know this plays into your narrative that the MLS is terrible and all, but the Italian coach is just wrong and saying Gionvinco isn’t good enough to play for Italy because of MLS is just idiotic. MLS is at least as good as Liga MX, and Gignac seemed to more than be up to the task at Euro 2016. MLS is bad because of the overally top-to-bottom talent, but the best players are still good enough to play for a national team like Italy (and was in desperate need of a dynamic attacker). Jermaine Defoe went from being so-so in MLS to being the best player a Premier League team (which is obviously one of the worst but still), while Giovinco has been dynamite since he entered the league.

Their coach can act like a pompous rear end all he wants, and then can kiss his job goodbye if he thinks the striker from mighty Sampdoria deserves a cap over the best player in MLS.

my heart says giovinco deserves an italy call-up but my brain says MLS makes jozy look like a world beater

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
L M A O

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/1788679513

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He must be joking. Then again, his articles are also stream-of-consciousness drivel, so who the hell knows.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

And this is how I found out there's a constitution party and some dude named Darrell Castle running for president as part of it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Well of course Billy Haisley would vote for someone who frequently makes no goddamn sense.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
l'enonce is right

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

chuggo is BACK posted:

l'enonce is right

heh

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

chuggo is BACK posted:

l'enonce is right

welcome back aatrek lol

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh Hell Yeah Baby, The American Premier League Takeover Is Well Underway

Naturally, this article starts with a quote from Ghostface Killah.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

TheBigAristotle posted:

Oh Hell Yeah Baby, The American Premier League Takeover Is Well Underway

Naturally, this article starts with a quote from Ghostface Killah.

quote:

"My seeds, run with his seeds, marry his seeds,” Ghostface once remarked, explaining the strategy by which an influx of money amongst a tight-knit group of individuals can be kept, collected, and grown into a sum that benefits the group for generations. He continued, “That’s how you keep Wu-Tang money all up in the family.” A similar process is currently taking place in the English Premier League, and the benefits are redounding to Americans of multiple generations.

OH MY GOD THIS WAS PUBLISHED ON A WIDELY READ WEBSITE.

e: I just read the rest of the article. Jesus Christ that loving sucked.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 17, 2016

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

OH MY GOD THIS WAS PUBLISHED ON A WIDELY READ WEBSITE.

quote:

“My seeds, run with his seeds, marry his seeds,” Ghostface once remarked, explaining the strategy by which an influx of money amongst a tight-knit group of individuals can be kept, collected, and grown into a sum that benefits the group for generations. He continued, “That’s how you keep Wu-Tang money all up in the family.” A similar process is currently taking place in the English Premier League, and the benefits are redounding to Americans of multiple generations.

And he wrote this sentence because one American player is training with Swansea City and not even guaranteed to get a contract.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Crazy Ted posted:

And he wrote this sentence because one American player is training with Swansea City and not even guaranteed to get a contract.

You'll also find that Matt Miazga is also prime to be the next John Terry

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/puremint91/status/798498902811045889

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Crazy Ted posted:

He will, but Swansea are going down so the American takeover of the Championship is Well Underway.

quote:

the long-suffering and much-deserving Bob Bradley

ffs

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
https://twitter.com/morgan_hughes/status/798258833625935872

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Tiny fortress sounds like something a 4 year old made with their dad. Imposing.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Liverpool's 2013/14 campaign was no ordinary football season. It was the season when everything changed. A year of hope, fantasy, adventure; where joyous reclamation met crushing disappointment and won. A season defined by many individuals, moments, goals and memories. A time when the brand of heroic and daring football - and footballers - that seemed consigned to the sepia toned era of the game's past returned. It was a season when millions of Liverpool supporters dared to dream again. And yet as records tumbled and players wowed, it was a season that ultimately transcended football, in which a fanbase were reminded what they love most about the game and their club: excitement, spirit and pride. In Make Us Dream, The Anfield Wrap's Neil Atkinson and John Gibbons take us on a journey through Liverpool's most remarkable Premier League season. In a journey that takes them from Melbourne to Merseyside and all places in between, they detail the explosion of belief from Liverpool's worldwide diaspora. Demonstrating how Liverpool's season impacted a club and support at a crossroads between its past and football's future, the authors are joined by a series of guest writers, sharing their own impressions and experiences. Between them they create a compelling and passionate narrative of a club, city and supporter base having the most fun in the world.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/tbatw_/status/526308293036478464

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Is that loving as a verb or a noun

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Tongues posted:

Is that loving as a verb or a noun