Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

mcmagic posted:

Tied in CO? That really isn't very good.

In what poll? The U-Denver Poll that hasn't been in the field all year and was taken over the weekend of Comey non-sense and that is an outlier entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Stereotype posted:

She decided not to go public after receiving numerous death threats from deplorables.

Didn't her lawyers get hacked by anonymous as well? So shes going to be public anyways now and get all the death threats and slander. Thanks deplorables.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/polit...linkId=30649161

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Megyn Kelly had a 10 minute discussion about the most clearly fake Wikileaks emails and had to apologize on air. Bret Baier makes Megyn Kelly look like Christiane Amanpour.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Prolly.

If Pete Williams reported this, I'd be less skeptical; but this is Fox being Fox. Let me know if anyone else picks up on this juicy scoop.

Just a reminder that this was their Ben Ghazi expert for literal years.

Treat all "experts" and "inside sources" from Fox with kegs of salt, especially if it's hearsay.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mcmagic posted:

Tied in CO? That really isn't very good.

Looking at 538, in recent polls, there's only one that has them tied, and every other poll has her ahead. I wouldn't worry about it.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Those live polls look absolutely wretched. :psyduck:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Yeah that's one poll (consistently leading in every other poll taken) and it's their first poll in the cycle so grain of salt.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Best comment I've seen so far in the live feed: Hillary child pervert. Huh?

Denzer
May 15, 2009

Lid posted:

Thats because Trump has longer odds but the media is portraying it as a coinflip so they think Paddy's lines are exploiyable.

Paddy's lines are not wrong.

They started him off at 100 - 1. A month ago he was 11 - 1. Two weeks ago he was 7 - 1. A week ago he was 4 - 1. Today he's under 3 - 1.

I honestly wish I had put a bet on at 11 - 1 when I was thinking about it in August, if I did it now and he won I'd always just feel like I should have backed him sooner.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

Makes sense. Though this:

Would be hilarious.

Here's a dilemma. There's I think five judges at various levels up for continuation on my ballot. Three were put there by a Republican governor last decade, so obviously I'm voting them out. The others were appointed by O'Malley, so probably lean further left, but after Freddie Gray I feel like this state's entire court system needs an overhaul, so I kinda want to vote them out as well.

Only problem is, because O'Malley thought he had a shot at President, we have a Republican governor now as well. While he's Anti-Trump, he's still an rear end in a top hat who's much, much more focused on the richer, whiter parts of the state, and I don't trust him to appoint anyone decent.

Should I stick with the status quo and hope we have a Dem governor next time the terms are up? Or put my trust in a mostly centrist, but still pretty evil, Republican?

I just moved to Maryland last month, and I really don't know much about Gov. Hogan. Fill me in. What's he done that's been particularly slimy?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Can we safely say this poo poo has kicked into high gear? The haze of bullshit is just static to me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/pbondi/status/793995155275743232
:drat:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

POST YOUR MAP

Wait, POST YOUR PROOF

Look into the actual history behind this, it's not the loving double-super-mega bomb that you really want it to be.

You mean the history where Republicans rabidly shouted that it is false for months with no further explanation and the only known thing is that some poor girl feels she still wants to press charges even with a hoard of idiots literally threatening her life?

Okay.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Denzer posted:

They started him off at 100 - 1. A month ago he was 11 - 1. Two weeks ago he was 7 - 1. A week ago he was 4 - 1. Today he's under 3 - 1.

I honestly wish I had put a bet on at 11 - 1 when I was thinking about it in August, if I did it now and he won I'd always just feel like I should have backed him sooner.

If Trump gets elected missing out on an 11:1 bet will be the least of your worries

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

People know all of this. And a lot apparently don't care...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This is a list of right wing conspiracies about the Clinton Foundation. Not to mention it claims that evidence includes info from Wikileaks, and I'm sure a prosecutor would just love to make the argument of why that evidence should be allowed let alone why the entire case shouldn't be dismissed if it's being brought via illegally obtained information.

The only thing I don't doubt is that any investigation in to the Clintons is given the highest priority by the FBI.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Justus posted:

I just moved to Maryland last month, and I really don't know much about Gov. Hogan. Fill me in. What's he done that's been particularly slimy?

Suggest additional Transport money for everyone but Baltimore.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Denzer posted:

Lines were gonna tighten closer to the election either way. Gotta even out that money. Oddsmakers are playing a completely different game so I dunno why these matter.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Stereotype posted:

You mean the history where Republicans rabidly shouted that it is false for months with no further explanation and the only known thing is that some poor girl feels she still wants to press charges even with a hoard of idiots literally threatening her life?

Okay.

Yes, the same story where two conservative Never Trumpers actively pursued this story themselves and not the actual victim and even turned to selling material about it to Gawker and other outlets.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

mcmagic posted:

People know all of this. And a lot apparently don't care...

They also have the memory of a gold fish. This kind of ad pumps up turnout among your base and depresses it among the opponets.

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

climboutonalimb posted:

isn't she like an hour late at this point? Everyone looks tired.... that said, this music is great! Hope she comes out to Ride of the Valkyries

I wouldn't say she's an hour late - one site said 'the program' was set to start at 6:30 and her plane landed at 7:05 (it's now 7:30) local time. Maybe they expected the speakers to go a bit longer :shrug:

e: I think the youtube livestream I posted is doing its own audio too.

Colonel Taint fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Nov 3, 2016

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-cubs-have-a-smaller-chance-of-winning-than-trump-does/

:stare:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

See Nate Silver is bad at statistics so you can be calm

thats a joke

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Less_Than_Zero_(novel)

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Don't worry the gamblers fallacy was just rolling out the ones.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Justus posted:

My beef with him is mainly the Baltimore red line debacle. It would've been a light rail line that would run east-west, giving a lot of disenfranchised people increased access to jobs, cultural stuff, shopping (food deserts are an issue here) and tons of other resources. It had been planned for years, ready to go... and one of Hogan's first acts as governor was to scrap it completely and divert the money outside the city. I realize Baltimore isn't the whole state, but that really, really rubbed me the wrong way. Plus I don't think the state of emergency was necessary after the riots, and he's also questionable on environmental issues.

Still, he's a blue state Republican. He's not a bible thumper or anything, so his judicial appointments might not be terrible, but still, ugggghhh.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Audited annually by price waterhouse cooper tell me more about how dirty their money is :allears:

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.

Brilliant move by Clinton. This is exactly what the last week of ads should be. Trump's numbers only rise when America isn't directly exposed to how awful he is and their goldfish memories fade. I want the electorate to remember exactly what kind of piece of poo poo he is when they pull the lever.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Justus posted:

Killed two mass transit projects that are sorely needed that were fully funded with matching federal funds, in favor of spending all that money on rural highway projects and cutting tolls on the bay bridge. So saved no money, compounded traffic issues for years to come, to give rural whites $2 per capita per year in toll savings.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

See Nate Silver is bad at statistics so you can be calm

thats a joke

If a trump presidency is what it takes to get a Cubs World Series win, then, well... it's OK if they go another century with blue balls

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Ugh. I know everything is going to be OK, but every time I open this thread and a concern troll comes in HEY WHAT ABOUT THIS OUTLIER POLL THAT SAYS TRUMP WINS CALI, my stomach sinks.

The arzy is getting to me.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

At that point, the Cubs had not yet won game 6

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Insane that Cleveland went through two championship series that began with a team going up 3-1 and then collapsing in a heap.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Can someone post the "even if Trump gets every state bellow 70" tweet again?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Northjayhawk posted:

At that point, the Cubs had not yet won game 6

or game 5

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Aaaand I'm home, and still a bit shocked about that nuclear football revelation a while back, but a quick kip and some meds will have that taken care of in short order

Sorry for the freakout earlier :(

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
was there a john kerry megathread back in the day or did the weird worship of bad democrats for being better than george bush start with obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Well, that certainly explains why there were lovely door hangers for Donny sitting in mine and my neighbor's yard when I got home from work. Kind of wish I happened to be there when they knocked on the Muslim family up the street's door.

Hopefully it's not too much of a surprise that the only information on it was contact for Donny's social media. No mention of voting or the election. Hell, the closest it comes to asking me to vote for him is asking me to follow the #TrumpTrain.

• Locked thread