Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

KungFu Grip posted:

Welp Authors of Pain defeated DIY. Revival cost the DIY the match. TM61 then beat Sanity off a flash pin. Dusty Classic finals are AOP vs. TM61 again. their last couple matches were not good.

Wow that sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Well at least they won't have to scramble to cover their rear end on the Hideo / Aries feud

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Venomous posted:

Calling it now, AoP win the Dusty Classic, GarCiamp beat The Revival for the titles, AoP destroy GarCiamp at some point in the future, TM-61 beat them somewhere down the line.
duh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
With Aries out (and presumably missing the post-Toronto taping), I wonder who they'll set up as Nakamura's next challenger. Will they really go with Roode? That's probably not a bad idea, but it doesn't scream "Takeover main event" to me even with the glorious music.

If the rumors are true and Nak is the face of NXT for the long haul (which is a stupid idea because he should be up and setting up a Mania program like tomorrow, but I digress), then who's next down the line? Joe pretty much has to be on the main roster if/when he loses at Toronto. They could always run Aries when he's healthy, but who's left? Almas? Maybe hotshot Roddy to fill AA's spot? Hideo/Nak is a potential money match, but we can't count on Hideo staying healthy long enough to see it through.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If they're really bringing in Rush and Volador Jr., an Almas/Nakamura feud might well work in the same way that Reigns/Styles worked so well. Otherwise, they're going to throw Roode at Nakamura and it will be glorious.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Venomous posted:

If they're really bringing in Rush and Volador Jr., an Almas/Nakamura feud might well work in the same way that Reigns/Styles worked so well. Otherwise, they're going to throw Roode at Nakamura and it will be glorious.

Screw Roode/Nakamura, I want Dillinger/Nakamura. He spent so much time as a jobber, but now he's red hot. This is the perfect time to redo Sami's storyline using the momentum he would get by beating Roode. Have him go on a big quest all the way to the next Takeover, beating all the dudes who crushed him along the way, all the former champions (except Joe), with Sami himself coming last to complete the parallel. Have him ultimately face the invincible Nakamura for the strap and achieve the impossible. Put NXT back in the hands of someone the crowd sees as an NXT guy instead of an Indy Name.

10/10

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Sanguinia posted:

Screw Roode/Nakamura, I want Dillinger/Nakamura. He spent so much time as a jobber, but now he's red hot. This is the perfect time to redo Sami's storyline using the momentum he would get by beating Roode. Have him go on a big quest all the way to the next Takeover, beating all the dudes who crushed him along the way, all the former champions (except Joe), with Sami himself coming last to complete the parallel. Have him ultimately face the invincible Nakamura for the strap and achieve the impossible. Put NXT back in the hands of someone the crowd sees as an NXT guy instead of an Indy Name.

10/10

...actually, heck yes. He'd be the 10th NXT Champion as well. I'd buy that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says Aries is having surgery on his orbital bone fracture this week. Out for the year

man that sucks, wonder how long he'll be out for. what's the timetable for poo poo like that

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
NXT does a poor job by giving too many people winning streaks. Asuka should've dropped one to Emma. Nakamura should've lost some sorta multiman where he wasn't pinned at least. It's boring and bad.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ideally you would keep your champions strong and your contenders just as strong via matches with others and segments. But they don't have to build challengers because Joe vs. nakamura is our future. Plus both champions are Mary Sues that need super credible opponents, because they are much cooler and stronger than everyone else.

But Joe has already lost and Ember Moon is a ghost, so.

Tye shouldn't be in the main event, NXT is not a striver's show anymore. The way to approach an over guy coming out of the jobber pool when your main event talent absolutely has to look better than everyone else is to give him a strong midcard title run so that he can back up his challenges to the big names. NXT has no midcard belt and an hour a week. Give up on Tye as a contender.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Taynara Melo

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Who is Taynara Melo?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Baron Corbyn posted:

Who is Taynara Melo?

The lady next to that vanilla midget.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That's a good Finn Balor impression.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Who is Taynara Melo?

A lil cutie pie and a black belt in judo, a blue belt in Brazilian jujitsu, and a model.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

barf

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what belt rank is she in modelling

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I see.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I like her signing, maybe she can have a unique style like Daria. They need to be more diverse in the women they bring in going forward, maybe some amateur wrestlers and the like instead of mostly fitness models and cheerleaders.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Can't we get another Steve Blackman for once? I just want that to happen once again.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

rovert posted:

A lil cutie pie and a black belt in judo, a blue belt in Brazilian jujitsu, and a model.

Is there something about that picture I'm missing or did you just post it because it's a cute picture?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Rare photo of Balor standing beside a woman

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Finn Balor is almost certainly gay, but homosexuals tend to be comfortable enough around women, Rov.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
What exactly is holding Tye back from winning a title? Is HHH not a fan of him?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

keevo posted:

What exactly is holding Tye back from winning a title? Is HHH not a fan of him?
He's over but he's in the same position that Heath Slater and Tyler Breeze are

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hey rovert is tye of a balor persuasion

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

He's over but he's in the same position that Heath Slater and Tyler Breeze are

so he'll debut in the Rumble at #10, after which he'll be signed to Smackdown, get over because Ryan Ward is a competent writer and eventually become the next IC champion?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
Tim Wiese gives his in-ring debut tomorrow when the WWE resides in Munich for a house show in a six-man tag team match together with Cesaro and Sheamus against Bo Dallas and the Shining Stars. Apparently he goes under the ring name "The Machine".

Will probably still be some time till he appears on NXT given that he literally only started training this year and this is probably them throwing him a bone given that the show is in germany.

CVE fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Nov 2, 2016

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Well, Bin Wang was on the WWE China tour and got the big win off of Bo Dallas

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Venomous posted:

so he'll debut in the Rumble at #10, after which he'll be signed to Smackdown, get over because Ryan Ward is a competent writer and eventually become the next IC champion?
He's a jobber to the stars and won't make it further than Zack Ryder. Despite WWE trying to sabotage him out of spite for daring to get over when he wasn't supposed to, Ryder had basically hit his ceiling by being US champion.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

CVE posted:

Tim Wiese gives his in-ring debut tomorrow when the WWE resides in Munich for a house show in a six-man tag team match together with Cesaro and Sheamus against Bo Dallas and the Shining Stars. Apparently he goes under the ring name "The Machine".

Will probably still be some time till he appears on NXT given that he literally only started training this year and this is probably them throwing him a bone given that the show is in germany.
Yeah, he's currently training in Essen (which probably means with wXw's school) and he probably wants to get down the mere basics before reporting to the PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-PG8KQakFY

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Team Dance is so fun

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

who is this ring announcer man and how is his hair and beard game so perfect.

Glad to see TM61 and GarCiamp advance even though there is that asterisk there for each of them. I still feel that my handsome friend Johnny G and my vaguely terrifying friend Tommaso should be given title shots and medals and large cash prizes. I still want to see the Authors of Pain face Tucker Knight and his enormous friend whose name escapes me.

E: Otis! Otis. Let the AoP beat some equally giant men

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why do people keep acting like Tye Dillinger needs to win things

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

One live NXT post, daaaang

dark days for NXT

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Game 7 of the World Series?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

21 Hoot Salute posted:

dark days for NXT

I was only like 30 minutes late! But yeah it's not great.

Also I gotta say I like the idea of Sanity more than I like Sanity, man. Like I love their entrance and their whole thing but when that danged old bell rings it's a couple of doughy dudes doing moves. Like I don't know what I want them to do, I guess just runins?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

projecthalaxy posted:

I was only like 30 minutes late! But yeah it's not great.

Also I gotta say I like the idea of Sanity more than I like Sanity, man. Like I love their entrance and their whole thing but when that danged old bell rings it's a couple of doughy dudes doing moves. Like I don't know what I want them to do, I guess just runins?

That's how I feel. If the tag team was a couple of jacked dudes (or even just Wolfe and anyone but Fulton), they'd be much more acceptable. Eric Young isn't bad as a weirdo leader and Nikki Cross is great as the rabid pug.

Pretty decent episode tonight. I like that the Dusty Classic is a tournament that goes on tour and there are a bunch of stories woven into the brackets.

Ironic that the best match of TM61's run so far was a singles match. Wish Roddy didn't lose his second match but Nakamura's boot sort of made that decision for NXT.

I think the Revival dropping out would have been better placed after the AoP match because then they get to deny DIY the match and also look like cowards for avoiding AoP in the brackets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

21 Hoot Salute posted:

dark days for NXT

I've generally got something else on while it airs, I always catch it soon after - today's show did feel largely like it was spinning its wheels unfortunately, at least Takeover will be here soon.

• Locked thread