Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Yawgmoft posted:

You know, a Democrat has never one the Presidency the same year the Cubs won the World Series.

We're all gonna be crucified on the most, the most beautiful crosses, crosses of gold, so perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/794042961994596353

RIp Ohio

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
The last time the Cubs won the world series Washington DC was the capital of America

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Donkwich posted:

PEC has been very accurate and has been doing this longer than Nate Silver has. Never doubt the Wang.

Nate Silver basically wrote an entire article to those Arzy'ing about why his model refuses to give a front-runner big numbers.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Munkeymon posted:

108 goddamn years. It's effectively outside of living memory.

E: it's barely even the same game if you think about it

Maybe some elderly folks today remember being told as children about the time the Cubs won the World Series by their grand parents or someone who was there when they were young.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Donald Trump to campaign all week in Ohio that the World Series was rigged

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Agrajag posted:

The article is too complicated to actually have an effect.

But if I understood the first half of it, it basically says one of Trump's lawsuits involving the bankruptcy of The Taj helped set a precedent for financial firms to protect themselves from litigation, if there is enough fine print to cover their own rear end. Regardless of how inaccurate the sales pitch is in laying out costs/profits/ etc etc.

Also, :lol::lol::lol: at the IBTimes, which nonstop sucks the cock of every Republican corporatist anti-regulation free-market worshiper suddenly complaining that Republicans overrode Clinton's veto and legalized lying to investors after a decade of Republican-appointed judges like Sam Alito were building it into president.

gently caress every one of these small government assholes who votes R because we have to get government out of the way and then :qq:s about "why isn't the government protecting me anymore"

"But I thought when we got rid of the regulations, I'd be on top swindling everybody not the other way around! :cry:"

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 3, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FAUXTON posted:

last time the cubs won a world series women couldn't vote.

And now, in the year they win once again, we have a woman president.

What an age we live in.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/dorothysnarker/status/794040117866303488

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
last time the cubs won the earth was the third planet from the sun

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Delthalaz posted:

Maybe some elderly folks today remember being told as children about the time the Cubs won the World Series by their grand parents or someone who was there when they were young.

Like the Israelites from Egypt, god had to kill off everyone who saw the last world series before he could grant them another.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

The last time the Cubs won the world series Washington DC was the capital of America

hosed up if true

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
https://twitter.com/natesilver538/status/730251094614528000

Time to arzy. :derp:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I'm excited for everyone to hate the Cubs next year.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Is it a drought if it's never happened?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Potato Salad posted:

Cubs won.

Clark County, Nevada firewall is 55k, 5k above what it needs to be.

More polling is confirming that it really was as many as 1/4 of Floridian GOP who split for Clinton.

Where are you seeing this about the Florida GOP because if it's true lol RIP fascist yam.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/794040789051514880

Well at least this will drone out whatever it was about the emails still going around.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

GalacticAcid posted:

I'm excited for everyone to hate the Cubs next year.

They aren't going to win next year. Monster Hunter XX is coming out next year and the Cubs have never won the World Series the same year a mainline Monster Hunter game was released.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nah, he got the date wrong.

Unless...

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

HootTheOwl posted:

Nate Silver basically wrote an entire article to those Arzy'ing about why his model refuses to give a front-runner big numbers.

A lot of people in this thread seem to be having legitimate issues with anxiety over this election and basically use 538, PEC, etc. to calm their nerves. Anything that isn't absolutely guaranteeing victory is suspect when you're going in with that mindset.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
lol Go Cubs. gently caress Ohio and their racist baseball logo and their racist Trump voters

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/794045257289699329

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
holy poo poo Nate Silver is such an rear end in a top hat lmao

Out of curiosity, do we know who he is voting for? Has he ever said?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Here. Have some poll questions you might not have seen before.

quote:

28. Do you think the election results can be trusted to be fair and accurate, or are you worried that the election results could be manipulated?
(N=1,000)
Election results will be fair and accurate ------------------565 56.50%
Worried that results could be manipulated----------------380 38.00%
Undecided --------------------------------------------------------- 53 5.30%
Refused--------------------------------------------------------------- 2 0.20%

{FOR 28.2}
29. What do you think is the primary threat that might try to change the election results {RANDOMIZE} - 1) Foreign interests such as Russian hackers. 2) Local political bosses. 3) The national political establishment. 4) The news media
(N=380)
Foreign interests such as Russian hackers---------------- 38 10.00%
Local political bosses-------------------------------------------- 34 8.95%
The national political establishment ------------------------- 79 20.79%
The news media ------------------------------------------------- 173 45.53%
Undecided --------------------------------------------------------- 51 13.42%
Refused--------------------------------------------------------------- 5 1.32%

30. How concerned are you about the possibility of violence on Election Day or afterwards – very concerned, somewhat concerned, not very concerned, or not at all concerned?
(N=1,000)
Very concerned -------------------------------------------------- 201 20.10%
Somewhat concerned ------------------------------------------ 306 30.60%
Not very concerned --------------------------------------------- 196 19.60%
Not at all concerned --------------------------------------------272 27.20%
Undecided --------------------------------------------------------- 23 2.30%
Refused--------------------------------------------------------------- 2 0.20%

Yup, 17% of America thinks that the news media, not Russia, is out to manipulate election results so that their preferred candidate (Hillary, per 75% of those polled) wins.

Also nearly 50% of Americans are at least somewhat concerned about election-related violence during or just after the election.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

But he never addressed why 1- his model is more volatile than every other model and 2- why he continues to keep certain things in his model even as past cycles had PEC and Linzer more accurate. David Rothschild essentially points out most unaddressed problems in Nate's methods:

http://predictwise.com/blog/2016/09/poll-aggregation-fight/

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
Yeahhhhhh he's plastered. If you arzy over anything he says in the next day and a half you're an idiot.

On a related note, I wonder what glitch on the numpad of Doc's time machine sent them a year and 14 days late?

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Kerry did the same in 2004.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

Either someone is lying under oath or Trump is a pedophile

A sworn affidavit where Jeffery Epstein's employee recounts Trump getting a double blow job from a 13 and 12-year-old (on page 12).

https://www.scribd.com/doc/316341058/Donald-Trump-Jeffrey-Epstein-Rape-Lawsuit-and-Affidavits#fullscreen&from_embed

Regardless of the truth of this case I think it's already pretty clear that Trump is a pedophile

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx
If anyone is still freaking out about the indictmentchat, it's important to note that the source says it's coming unless the DoJ gets involved. And even by bringing up the possibility of Lynch's involvement, the source has ensured that it won't happen.

It's a little counterintuitive, like the Monty Hall problem, but bear with me. An expert named Steiner from the University of Michigan laid out why Lynch's involvement is so critical back after the Loretta/Bill meeting on the plane. Luckily, this can all be explained with math. I warn you though, it gets a little theoretical at points so don't feel bad if you lose the thread of his point.... I'm just shamelessly reposting the summary I gave of his proof back in July.

A less bald Geoff Peterson 4 months ago posted:

They say all are treated equally under the law so usually, if you go one-on-one with the feds, there's a 50/50 chance of indictment. But Hillary's a Clinton and she's not normal... so they've got at best a 25% chance of indicting her. But when you add Lynch to the mix? Comey's odds of winning drastically go down. See, with Lynch involved, he's got a 33 1/3% chance of winning, but Lynch knows she can't beat Hillary, so Hil's got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Lynch knows she can't beat Hil so she won't even try.

So, you take Comey's 33 1/3 chance of winning and you subtract the 25% chance of if it was 1 on 1... and he's got an 8 1/3 chance of getting an indictment at all. Meanwhile, you take Hillary's 75% chance of winning and add the 66 2/3 boost that she gets from Loretta's presence, and she's got a 141 2/3 chance of avoiding an indictment!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lightning Knight posted:

holy poo poo Nate Silver is such an rear end in a top hat lmao

Out of curiosity, do we know who he is voting for? Has he ever said?

I don't think he's ever said, but it's pretty clear from comments he's made on the podcast that it ain't Trump

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My Hilary voting Grandma is starting to have anxiety issues and is desperate for Tuesday. It was making me feel nice I didn't have Trump supporting family but now I'm kinda sad.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

I am reminded of George Will's bit part in Ken Burns's Baseball where he claims the Cubs losing throughout his childhood is the root of his conservatism. Wonder if he's gonna swing over to the left now permanently. Dump Trump, win a World Series.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rampant Dwickery posted:

Yeahhhhhh he's plastered. If you arzy over anything he says in the next day and a half you're an idiot.

On a related note, I wonder what glitch on the numpad of Doc's time machine sent them a year and 14 days late?

They changed the present in subtle ways when they traveled back in time.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Who broke Nate Silver?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Last time the cubs won there were only 46 states.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

go home nate, you're drunk

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

checks out.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

HootTheOwl posted:

Is it 'to cover his rear end if he's wrong'?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Last time the Cubs won the World Series, the sky was blue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

speng31b posted:

Who broke Nate Silver?

He is drunk as gently caress atm

• Locked thread