Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Is there any way to turn off the tooltips whenever you spawn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ISUCHARESLOLO
Dec 10, 2005

The verb "to google" has come to mean "to perform a Web search", usually with the Google search engine.
I'm playing at 2.2 in-game sens with 400 dpi and that feels pretty natural to me. I have a bigass hyperX pad so there is a lot of room for me to flail my arm around on.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Is there any way to turn off the tooltips whenever you spawn?

Actually yea! in settings you can turn off tips and other parts of the UI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually wish there was more granularity in the UI options because now that I've played a shitload of the game I would love to turn off 90% of the UI and play off timing.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

In Training posted:

Actually yea! in settings you can turn off tips and other parts of the UI

Oh my god I did not know there was a HUD options setting! Thank you!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

One thing I find weird and lovely about the map design is how blocked off and maze like they can be. It can be really momentum killing and even though I know exactly where the banks are I still find myself tripped up trying to get to them sometimes.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

:smug:

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

So I've finally put some time into the holo pilot skill...... Its actually amazing. The Cd is so short you can spam it at any moment. Just throw it going a round a iffy corner, then kill the rube you just tricked. you can even leave one standing in place by a bank in bounty hunt.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
How do I play with goons on PC?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

How do you Execute someone? I got my neck snapped for the first time in a game today

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hold melee from behind.

I'm trying to get a handle on different titans--Northstar right now. Their Core ability seems so useless :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

One thing I find weird and lovely about the map design is how blocked off and maze like they can be. It can be really momentum killing and even though I know exactly where the banks are I still find myself tripped up trying to get to them sometimes.

Some are way worse than others...Complex (the office one with the dock and garden area) and Crash Site (the one with the bombed out ship) are kinda bad. Visually and geometrically segregated into hallways and paths rather than fun and inviting options

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Ciaphas posted:

Hold melee from behind.

I'm trying to get a handle on different titans--Northstar right now. Their Core ability seems so useless :(

Northstar's core ability is a joke. It will legit get you killed nine out of ten. It is good for cleaning up rooftops from pilots or just quickly dealing with reapers. I wouldn't use it on other titans unless you are full health since it puts northstar up in the air in a "please everyone on the map shoot me" position.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

Some are way worse than others...Complex (the office one with the dock and garden area) and Crash Site (the one with the bombed out ship) are kinda bad. Visually and geometrically segregated into hallways and paths rather than fun and inviting options

There's also a bunch of places that have windows you think you can go through until you get close and find out there's glass blocking them.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

keyframe posted:

Northstar's core ability is a joke. It will legit get you killed nine out of ten. It is good for cleaning up rooftops from pilots or just quickly dealing with reapers. I wouldn't use it on other titans unless you are full health since it puts northstar up in the air in a "please everyone on the map shoot me" position.

"JUSTICE RAINS FROM ABAUUUGUGH-"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

There's also a bunch of places that have windows you think you can go through until you get close and find out there's glass blocking them.

This is the worst multiplayer feel I've experienced

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm getting really tired of doing all the work to put an enemy titan into Doomed and then getting no points for it because someone else got the finishing blow.

Also is it just me or is Northstar's cluster missile garbage? Does the upgrade make it any better?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

northstar is...... bad

I'm sorry, robit :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yup. this is half of what spawned my post.

I really preferred the more accessible bank locations in the beta. A lot of them in the final version feel like a dick move to get you killed, being blocked by paths that seem like they should be accessible by normal shooter map design standards. barreling towards a bank just to run into a locked door/inexplicable window is just so frustrating. Even when I know they are there my muscle memory is telling me to go that way half the time.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 3, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A north star fully charged shot on a weak point can do like 1.5 bars which is crazy. He can also one shot a doomed titan so if you can hold off on another encounter and then pull the trigger at the right time you can prevent pilot evacs

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

RatHat posted:

Also is it just me or is Northstar's cluster missile garbage? Does the upgrade make it any better?

Cluster owns? Kill all the pilots everywhere. Cluster tethered titans.

Ciaphas posted:

northstar is...... bad

Northstar owns

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

The Iron Rose posted:

Give it a shot. If you buy on steam you can play for two hours before requesting a refund, which should let you try the game out.

It ain't on Steam. :sigh: Shame EA are such pricks, having a gigantic TITANFALL 2 splash image in the Steam store would bump up the player count quite a bit.

victrix posted:

Cluster owns? Kill all the pilots everywhere. Cluster tethered titans.

Northstar owns

Both of these statements are accurate.

EDIT: That said I feel like her sniper gimmick and flight gimmick could have been two separate Titans. Give the flying one the quad rockets from T1 and the ability to dash while hovering. :black101:

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 3, 2016

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

RatHat posted:

I'm getting really tired of doing all the work to put an enemy titan into Doomed and then getting no points for it because someone else got the finishing blow.
Yeah but you still get the XP for your weapon/titan so who cares

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

The Iron Rose posted:

Give it a shot. If you buy on steam you can play for two hours before requesting a refund, which should let you try the game out.

To followup on this, Origin has a "Great Game Guarantee" refund policy that states you can get a refund under various conditions, but I tried to take advantage of this to get my money back for this specific game and they ignored my request until I had owned the game for too long for it to be eligible.

So if you're gonna buy this game, please be reasonably sure that you will like it! Study some multiplayer videos, because even with a campaign, multiplayer is still the meat & potatoes of the game and if you don't like that, it's probably not a wise purchase.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The single player is pretty awesome though, but if it's all you're in for I would strongly suggest waiting for a discount

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I really, really don't like Bounty Hunt. It's just Attrition with a bullshit layer of arbitrary abstraction for a scoring system. If you're going to make a whole earning money mechanic and banking it loving have it DO something other than "this is how you score in this mode."

Yay we got five thousand dollars and won. I guess I'll go buy a used Ford Taurus to celebrate.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think bounty is way cooler than attrition because there's a lot going on. Managing enemy space against how you control AI, killing them to steal money, using Titans to box out bounties and cash in waves. It's a cool objective mode that accentuates the cool parts of Titanfall 2

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Honestly if you want to play a Missile Shooting Titan, Tone is better anyway, so.

You even get to shoot them into the sky and have them come crashing down on the idiot who thinks the forward shield will save him.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

northstar is...... bad

The double-tether jihad northstar playstyle makes people get really mad in chat and is therefore the best. :colbert:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Jesus christ

If you unphase into a Reaper as Ronin you die :cripes:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I just cannot figure out how to play scorch. He's legion with all the tank but none of the apparent damage.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ciaphas posted:

I just cannot figure out how to play scorch. He's legion with all the tank but none of the apparent damage.

Set the floor on fire, with enemy titans in it.

Jejoma
Nov 5, 2008
Is the TTK on the sentry turret supposed to be a fraction of a second? Is this bugged?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Ciaphas posted:

How you play Scorch:

1) Flank a dude.
2) Drop two gas canisters (G twice), press Q to ignite loving everything.
3) Your ability that looks like Vortex Shield will actually hurt nearby people and has stupidly high DPS. Face hug and murder.

If you do all the above, your target will die within seconds.

Your main problem is that you are stupidly slow and don't have defense against ranged attacks. Tone will murder you good at range. So use Scorch in maps with tight corridors and good flanking opportunities.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

this game is so loving fun. I can't wait for angel city

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Nalin posted:

How you play Scorch:

1) Flank a dude.
2) Drop two gas canisters (G twice), press Q to ignite loving everything.
3) Your ability that looks like Vortex Shield will actually hurt nearby people and has stupidly high DPS. Face hug and murder.

If you do all the above, your target will die within seconds.

Your main problem is that you are stupidly slow and don't have defense against ranged attacks. Tone will murder you good at range. So use Scorch in maps with tight corridors and good flanking opportunities.

I figured that out, the problem is that I am then D-e-d dead because I got into close range, or because I couldn't get into close range because Scorch is so god awful slow

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Take dash, use your flame shield, and don't try to close in the open.

He's not a good choice in a mode/map where you have to force engagements, he's fine (and even really good) in modes where you have hotspots (haha) he can torch liberally.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I've begun using Scorch as my battle chip brobot and have not been disappointed. Of course he can't do poo poo against cloakers but it makes sense to have a hard counter for this sort of thing.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ciaphas posted:

I figured that out, the problem is that I am then D-e-d dead because I got into close range, or because I couldn't get into close range because Scorch is so god awful slow
I hope you're taking the dash and not nuke eject or something. Also you don't always want to be up in their grill, midrange with some cover to pop behind while you reload is generally preferable in my experience (though flame shield totally does let you get away with some poo poo you really shouldn't sometimes). Get used to the arc on your main gun and get good at lobbing long range shots with it. I try to harass and lock down chokepoints rather than engage directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks for the advice, I'll give another try on a more conducive map (and yes I take the extra dash on all Titans)

I mean it's all pointless because Ion is Love, Ion is Life anyway :colbert: