Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Lightning Knight posted:

holy poo poo Nate Silver is such an rear end in a top hat lmao

Out of curiosity, do we know who he is voting for? Has he ever said?

The general tone of his articles indicates that he doesn't like Trump at all so he's probably voting Clinton

Like, he's made multiple comparisons to the chance of a Trump victory being the same as "losing" Russian roulette, you don't do that if you're in the tank for cheeto benito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

speng31b posted:

Who broke Nate Silver?

excess testosterone in his mother's womb

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ogmius815 posted:

Source on Fox News reporting that the FBI will recommend indictment over pay to play at the Clinton foundation. :shepicide:

HOLY loving poo poo. gently caress THIS GAY EARTH.

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.
The last time the Cubs won a world series was actually closer to the building of the pyramids than to today's date. Crazy.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Donkwich posted:

Is it 'to cover his rear end if he's wrong'?

The way the aggregators are going, the only way Nate can be the most accurate is simply if he is the less wrong one.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

speng31b posted:

Who broke Nate Silver?

Our mutual friend, Al Co-hol.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Agrajag posted:

The source also said they are basing their entire investigation on Clinton Cash.

No, I'm not joking. They used the book as the starting point for their investigation.

They went to the DOJ to get warrants and the DOJ laughed them out of the room. So now they're leaking poo poo and claiming that people are protecting the Clintons in retaliation.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Agrajag posted:

My dude you need a xanax

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Agrajag posted:

so is this basically your gimmick you've decided on

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Agrajag posted:

Don't panic. The source is Bret Baier's rear end in a top hat and when you read the specifics of it it starts to sound extremely fake.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Lightning Knight posted:

holy poo poo Nate Silver is such an rear end in a top hat lmao

Out of curiosity, do we know who he is voting for? Has he ever said?
Didn't Trump diss him somehow? I'm gonna guess "not for Trump." Call it a hunch.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Extremely nice to see the rare Unshook Nate in the wild.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

speng31b posted:

Who broke Nate Silver?

I'd say about 8 beers and maybe some shots.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Agrajag posted:

It's Fox News, you dumb rear end.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Worth it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

NATE
SATE
STATE
STARE
STARK
STORK
STOCK
SHOCK
SHOOK

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The real kicker of that "FBI indictment" bullshit is

quote:

Sources within the FBI have told [Baier] that an indictment is "likely" in the case of pay-for-play at the Clinton Foundation, "barring some obstruction in some way" from the Justice Department.
Because whoever told Baier all this knows that they're spouting bullshit, they're just priming his audience to accept "THE DOJ IS BLOCKING THE INVESTIGATION!" which is what the RWM will say when no indictment happens.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
So is obama just like gonna change the locks to the FBI HQ next week.

Like seriously it seems like a whole bunch of people are going to get way fired for this whole mess.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Quick reminder that when stations like Fox think they have a huge scoop that they'll be breaking for the first time, they become about as good at checking their sources as your grandma on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLmoqbR3gto

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Teddybear posted:

NATE
SATE
STATE
STARE
STARK
STORK
STOCK
SHOCK
SHOOK

Trump
Tromp
Trombone
Corncob.

DO YOU SEE?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Cross posting from c-spam:

https://mobile.twitter.com/RT_com/status/794042917899878400

speng31b
May 8, 2010

I don't understand why so many people are throwing their careers in the trash over Trump. Or is the fear of Hillary being an actually effective president so great that they figure tanking her in advance is worth it? Maybe they gave up on Trump entirely and it's all just about 2020.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Augus posted:

Quick reminder that when stations like Fox think they have a huge scoop that they'll be breaking for the first time, they become about as good at checking their sources as your grandma on Facebook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLmoqbR3gto

My grandma is dead

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Not seriously (but h*cka seriously) what would it take to abolish the FBI?

Edit:

Phone posted:

BREAKING: Russian govt is not the source for #WikiLeaks' #Clinton emails - RT's

Oh, never mind; all these words are meaningless.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 3, 2016

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....

Cause you can trust Assange, like for reals.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Oh well if the Russian Times and Julian Assange say so.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
I'm willing to bet their "reliable source" is about as reliable as Wayne Simmons.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

speng31b posted:

I don't understand why so many people are throwing their careers in the trash over Trump. Or is the fear of Hillary being an actually effective president so great that they figure tanking her in advance is worth it? Maybe they gave up on Trump entirely and it's all just about 2020.

Fear of mandated macrame sessions can make a man do terrible things.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

"It wasn't us, it was... Poland! Trust us!"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

:laffo:

In exclusive interview with the mouthpiece of the Russian government, Julian Assange insists he isn't getting his info from the Russian government. :allears:

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

It was the Belarusians all along!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

:laffo:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

speng31b posted:

In theory, if Trump wins they get a conservative SCOTUS judge, probably another when RBG retires. They get influence over the redistricting in the next census. Etc. They're banking on him being a puppet and going along.

So there are things at stake and that's making them cling to partly loyalty. (Also it's all they know how to do.)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Breaking: RUSSIAN MEDIA DOES NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ASSANGE. INTERVIEW WITH RUSSIAN MEDIA AND ASSANGE HERE!

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

speng31b posted:

While I'm sure there are many and varied reasons, each as subtly different as the wings of a majestic butterfly, I'd say the unifying principle is: They're idiots. I think Trump may have some kind of Stupid Ray which only works on about a third of white people, who just so happen to have largely self-selected into the Republican Party. This "Yuge, Luxurious Gene" is not present in the founding population of Utah.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

"Russian government definitely not source of leaks," insists likely Russian mouthpiece in interview with Russian state media

Krispy Kremepie
Mar 23, 2005

Inside......Me....
Still patiently waiting for that drone strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

dont be mean to me posted:

Not seriously (but h*cka seriously) what would it take to abolish the FBI?
You could fold it into the Dept of Homeland Security and make it redundant, slowly stripping away funding, manpower and purpose over several years.
Actually shuttering it? I'm not sure. There's probably a way since its not a regulatory agency or constitutionally mandated org. Probably a lot of red tape about that though.

But we'd likely be better off dumping the CiA before the FBI.

• Locked thread