Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm imagining Togashi laying on his bed drawing Yu Yu Hakusho with his feet in the air like a teenage girl on the phone with her boyfriend and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm imagining Togashi laying on his bed drawing Yu Yu Hakusho with his feet in the air like a teenage girl on the phone with her boyfriend and I love it.
this is the pose Togashi was in when calling up Naoko Takeuchi when they were dating, but she was sitting in a chair drawing Sailor Moon like an actual person

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Waffleman_ posted:

"One day my manga with have the best anime dub ever produced."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Do what you gotta do to be comfy, we don't usually think or understand consequences until they happen. It's not surprising he did it if it was most comfortable for him.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4XMVYjHhk

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

That's real strong.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Funky Valentine posted:

Togashi has the two-fold problem of 1) drawing on his stomach for years like an idiot and 2) being really loving lazy.

tell me more about the stomach thing

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
gently caress the chase haters

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Speaking of characters that I thought would have a bigger significance in SBR, what about not-Avdol who fell into a cactus or something in like the second chapter?

or how about sandman

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stroheim the second and his bad-rear end car.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
johnny shot sandman through the heart by first shooting a butterfly that ruled

also if you dont like chase, then I do have less respect for you

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chase is fine, but it's the most generic musically and least interesting of all the OPs by a distance. Stand Proud is the next up on that list, but it's considerably better than Chase.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
im an extremely cool dude who likes to pound some brews with the boys and slam out to some j-punk. if that's not you, get the heck out of my life

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

im an extremely cooler lady who likes to listen to marty friedman play japanese video game music instead of being in megadeth. he gave up most peoples dream to live in japan, be a weeb and teach japanese people english via jojo he's the best

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i wanna smoke a joint with marty friedman and hirohiko araki

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'm glad hirohiko araki taught marty friedman how to play guitar

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Quick question, is the pose on the left here a specific panel in SDC or DiU?

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I liked Chase but this was still good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's probably just a general Jotaro mannerism rather than a specific reference. He fondles the brim of his cap and pockets his hands a lot, after all.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's probably just a general Jotaro mannerism rather than a specific reference. He fondles the brim of his cap and pockets his hands a lot, after all.

Fair enough. I was kinda hoping it'd be a big iconic panel to make the argument that Red and Green in Pokemon Sun and Moon are directly lifted from Jotaro and Kakyoin

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Green/Blue whoever the hell he is is a jobber loser, so it's probable.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Red and Blue in Pokémon Sun/Moon are def Jotaro and Kakyoin references and like Jotaro and Kakyoin, Red and Blue are also dating

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

idk if you noticed but sometimes in times of disbelief or stress, Jotaro will tip his hat down and utter the Japanese phrase "yare yare daze" the meaning of which is untranslatable given the subtle nuance of the Japanese language

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 2, 2016

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
(TL Note: "Yare yare daze" means oy vey in Japanese)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Could Diver Down get through Love Train?

Also, I think Joshu could totally take Cheap Trick in a fight.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

im an extremely cooler lady who likes to listen to marty friedman play japanese video game music instead of being in megadeth. he gave up most peoples dream to live in japan, be a weeb and teach japanese people english via jojo he's the best

Wait, so that isn't just Tokyo Mirage Sessions, the real life Marty Friedman actually did that?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

alcharagia posted:

Wait, so that isn't just Tokyo Mirage Sessions, the real life Marty Friedman actually did that?

Yeah! He does guitar for a whole bunch of anime songs!

Like this one!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xpm0un_momoiro-clover-z-moretsu-uchu-kokyokyoku-dai-nana-gakusyo-mugen-no-ai_music

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 3, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I think he did the guitar for Moon Pride, one of the more recent Sailor Moon OPs too?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

He did! I think he likes working with Momoiro Clover Z.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Marty Friedman, Emperor of All Weebs

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Daxing Dan posted:

(TL Note: "Yare yare daze" means oy vey in Japanese)

"oy vey" the meaning of which is untranslatable given the subtle nuance of the Yiddish language

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUTglhRydZ8

He comes out at like 5:30 in this Bravely Default boss medley theme. I'm 99% sure he helped write some of the music with Revo anyway.

Moltrey posted:

Red and Blue in Pokémon Sun/Moon are def Jotaro and Kakyoin references and like Jotaro and Kakyoin, Red and Blue are also dating

:sad:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 3, 2016

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Moltrey posted:

Gary isn't dead

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It occurs to me that we're probably getting 36 episodes instead of 39

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
These last Stand Users will finish by Ep. 33 and I'm guessing 33 will contain Hayato seeing Kira explode the couple. Theres no way they're fitting the 19 chapters of Bites the Dust AND Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable together AND the three ending chapters into three episodes, that's wild.

39 gives em room for like 4 chapters an episode from 34 to 39

horriblePencilist posted:

Gary isn't dead
who the gently caress is gary

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Given how fast they've been going I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to shove it into 3 episodes. Dio's World was 4 at 18 but they were very methodical in their recreation.

Iunno. SDC was 4 cours at 48 instead of 52. Season 1 was 26 episodes. Who knows!!!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurora posted:

It occurs to me that we're probably getting 36 episodes instead of 39

39 is confirmed and has been for a long long time.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurora posted:

Given how fast they've been going I wouldn't be surprised if they managed to shove it into 3 episodes. Dio's World was 4 at 18 but they were very methodical in their recreation.

Iunno. SDC was 4 cours at 48 instead of 52. Season 1 was 26 episodes. Who knows!!!
4 episodes into 18 is still less than 5 chapters an episode. 36 episodes would be 7 chapters every 3 episodes which would be very silly

also it rules that the last arc of Part 4 is called Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable. Perfect Stand, perfect punches, can't break him

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

6 episodes seems like a lot for 19 chapters when Dio's World was over like 4 and a tenth or something.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's 19 as well as like three ending chapters with Kira in Ghost World and Josuke stealing Joseph's wallet so like 22 chapters.

It'll definitely be paced slower than DIO'S World but that's okay I want to stay in Morioh as long as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Check out this cool pic I found of koichi and koichi jr. posing together