Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

So what are the odds on Harambe getting ballot access?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

fishmech posted:

Donald Trump has a viable path to 270 electoral votes. Don’t believe me?

Check this out:

Step 1: Win the states Mitt Romney won in 2012.
Step 2: Win Ohio, Iowa, and Florida. (Trump currently leads us in the RealClearPolitics polling average in all of these states five days out.)
Step 3: With 259 electoral votes in the bag, find just 11 more -- and win the presidency.

What this means is -- if the above trends hold steady -- Trump would just need one or two things to break his way on Election Day to beat us. For example:

Win Pennsylvania? He wins the election.
Win Colorado and New Hampshire? He wins the election.
Win Colorado and Nevada? He wins the election.

this is an email I got from the Hillary campaign today, they really want some extra cash

Hilldawg has been combing my post history. Unreal.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CommieGIR posted:

I had to stop watching it, because that was downright ISIS levels of evil, and just stopped making sense.

The episode after the bloody bat beatings is about a little old lady meeting a handsome older black gentleman who did Shakespeare in the Park and has a pet tiger.

They're definitely gonna bone.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mel Mudkiper posted:

FFVIII is great as long as you don't care about story, character development, gameplay, atmosphere, or having fun

it really was a dumpster in digital form

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Who What Now posted:

Cloud wasn't an edgelord emo in the game, he was a brash and cocky hothead in the games. It was everything else that came after that turned him into a supreme edgelord emo. It was also Aerith that was a fiery and confident woman and Tifa who was the meek wallflower in the game, but their personalities were swapped after.

Also VIII is the best FF. Come fight me IRL, nerds.

I look down on people who don't spell it "Aeris"

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
A judge has declined a request from the PA GOP to send poll watchers to Philly. (You have to live in the city to be a poll watcher)

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Who What Now posted:

Cloud wasn't an edgelord emo in the game, he was a brash and cocky hothead in the games. It was everything else that came after that turned him into a supreme edgelord emo. It was also Aerith that was a fiery and confident woman and Tifa who was the meek wallflower in the game, but their personalities were swapped after.

Also VIII is the best FF. Come fight me IRL, nerds.

What is this lunacy? VIII was a garbage game. The system was barely functional, and if you didn't like the godawful card game, you couldn't gear your characters properly enough to beat it.

Though I'll admit I liked some of the characters. Irvine was awesome.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Hillary's Shepard would be a femshep that's mostly paragon, but she does all the sidequests, gets everyone through the suicide mission alive and gets the best ending.

Trump picks the default John Shepard and does all the renegade options, does no sidequests or loyalty missions, kills everyone in the suicide mission and makes all the worst decisions in 3.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like the Megaman Battle Network games better than regular Megaman games

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
Does anyone have a link to that 2012 video of Romney's private jet arriving while The Theme of the Common Man plays? I wanted to relive a happy memory from elections past but I can't find it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Final Fantasy Legend 3 was the best, actually

That game was baller.

Instant Sunrise posted:

Hillary's Shepard would be a femshep that's mostly paragon, but she does all the sidequests, gets everyone through the suicide mission alive and gets the best ending.

Trump picks the default John Shepard and does all the renegade options, does no sidequests or loyalty missions, kills everyone in the suicide mission and makes all the worst decisions in 3.

Hillary would do renegade choices for specific instances like pushing that dumbass merc through the window since he deserved it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Stallion Cabana posted:

more importantly; new Pokemon.

Is there anything more Nintendo that releasing a Killer app for their old console a week after announcing a new console

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

FFVIII is great as long as you don't care about story, character development, gameplay, atmosphere, or having fun

its monster system was completely broken and actively encouraged you to not level up.

i consider ff8 a really fun card game with a weird rpg side quest attached

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Radish posted:

That game was baller.

what is wrong with you people it wasn't even proper SaGa

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

this would be sad if it weren't hilarious

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

all these years later i still have no idea who i fought at the end of ff8

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kilroy posted:

nope

final fantasy games are just a lame excel sheet exercise on the bottom third of the screen along with some loosely-coupled animations running along the top

the only ones that still manage to be playable are the ones that come off charming, and pouty dark emo poo poo with shibuya hair isn't charming

Where does FF X-2 rank? It has three female protagonists :smaug:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Who What Now posted:

Also VIII is the best FF.

This is the only correct opinion in this thread for several pages

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Chokes McGee posted:

what is wrong with you people it wasn't even proper SaGa

You say this like "proper SaGa" is something to be aspired to

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

FizFashizzle posted:

its monster system was completely broken and actively encouraged you to not level up.

That card game was poo poo, you're poo poo.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

FizFashizzle posted:

If you want a fun card game play FF9. Get some better opinions.

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harrow posted:

He explains what that is here: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-why-our-model-is-more-bullish-than-others-on-trump/

In summary, it's because:
  • The 538 model assumes greater uncertainty due to higher-than-usual numbers of "undecided" voters.
  • The model is calibrated based on elections since 1972, and polling was less accurate back then. In the article, he notes that if they calibrated the model based on elections since 2000, Clinton's chances would jump into the 90s.
  • The model weights really unlikely events more highly than other models.
  • The model places greater weight on the possibility of polling errors, because if there are widespread polling errors in one state, it is likely to be correlated with similar errors in other states. This is the big one people mention for why the 538 model is such an outlier.
I don't know nearly enough about statistics to judge whether all of those mean it's a better or worse model, though. As a pessimist, I tend to trust it more, but it's just that: I'm a pessimist, so I get suspicious when I see things implying Clinton's got a massive chance of winning.
That's a really good summary, particularly if you're not a stats guy yourself.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Mel Mudkiper posted:

FFX was the best story in the series with the worst characters to occupy it

FFT was the best story and also had some of the best characters. Political intrigue, murdering the aristocracy including your own relatives, being branded a heretic by the Church and then fighting supernatural demons from a myth that the Church has been suppressing because the reality of it was that the Judas-equivalent was actually the good guy? Sign me the gently caress up

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Northjayhawk posted:

A judge has declined a request from the PA GOP to send poll watchers to Philly. (You have to live in the city to be a poll watcher)

Does this mean no GOP poll watchers in Philly, not those watchers but the rest go, or they have to find new ones?

Alternatively, post a link.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Talmonis posted:

The original PS1 version. They fragged the sounds when they remastered it, and it's jarring to hear.
l...i...t...t...l...e... m...o...n...e...y...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*slowly leans into mic, mouth appears to become a prolapsed anus*

Wrong.

:smugdon:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there anything more Nintendo that releasing a Killer app for their old console a week after announcing a new console

They want people to think that the Switch is a replacement for the Wii U, not the 3DS so they can actually sell 3DSes this holiday season. And it could be worse, Pokemon Black and White 2 came out for the DS after the 3DS was released

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Agrajag posted:

agreed, i wish they actually went deeper into developing JENOVA it was way more interesting than Shepyloth. It was alos super long ago so my memory of ff7 is vague.

Yeah, you obviously missed the part of the game where they did nothing but develop JENOVA.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

You sure you don't mean FF9? Cause FF8 was clearly Ultimecia. FF9 has the god of death come from nowhere after you defeat Kuja.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Kit Walker posted:

FFT was the best story and also had some of the best characters. Political intrigue, murdering the aristocracy including your own relatives, being branded a heretic by the Church and then fighting supernatural demons from a myth that the Church has been suppressing because the reality of it was that the Judas-equivalent was actually the good guy? Sign me the gently caress up

I would like to sumbit ffx-2 with its dance battle system and the continuation of x's story hence both are poo poo.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

poo poo I can't remember either. I can recall Selphie trying to make Booyaka a social media meme but not the end villain...

Tactics Ogre is also better than FFT (but FFT is still very good).

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Celery Jello posted:

You say this like "proper SaGa" is something to be aspired to

look who doesn't like someone punching you in the face for violating rules that no one told or will ever tell you

wear dragon armor

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I really like FF5.

It's dumb but fun and it's the only FF game I've played through more than once.

The Dragon Quest series is better than the the Final Fantasy series though. No emo edge lords, just cute slimes and grinding.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Fun fact: 99% of your opinions about FF games are based on stuff you're misremembering from when you were 5 and you're actually wrong about everything.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Hey FAU, since this is now a games thread that means you can moderate it right?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Does anyone have a link to that 2012 video of Romney's private jet arriving while The Theme of the Common Man plays? I wanted to relive a happy memory from elections past but I can't find it.

it's even better than I remembered

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cingulate posted:

That's a really good summary, particularly if you're not a stats guy yourself.

Those are Nate's own explanations. Here is a critique from someone else, which raises a few more problems or potential problems.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I like the Megaman Battle Network games better than regular Megaman games

I will hunt you down like the animal you are

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Instant Sunrise posted:

Oh poo poo I'm Donald Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

CannonFodder posted:

Where does FF X-2 rank? It has three female protagonists :smaug:

FFX-2 is the secret best FF.

• Locked thread