Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I will admit that looking at the most recent polling I don't take a Clinton victory for granted anymore. I'm not thrilled that a lovely Republican appointee basically poo poo all over Democrat electoral success this year and I hope they learn not to appoint Republicans to anything ever again from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Tom Guycot posted:

Are you also talking about MMORPGs? because thats a whole 'nuther kettle.

I put 2 months of my life into FFXI. Best job system. Worst MMO. Oh god the grind, and the travel system made you want to murder yourself. The way that game was laid out made absolutely no sense at all. Forcing players to get across zones and do quests that were triple their level. You had to play it at such a dedicated level to get anything out of it.

I think you also had to be Japanese to understand the story arch I think. I never quite wrapped my head around it.

But sooooo shiny.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh was it that lovely poll? Boo. :mad:

It put her +7 nationally, if it helps!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Sky Shadowing posted:

538 shows New Hampshire as dipping below 70%, someone hit me with the anti-Arzy drugs, please!!!

4 years are a really short time. The 2020 election is basically already starting. So the eventual Trump win is not that bad. Embrace the pain.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 3, 2016

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mister Adequate posted:

Yeah, but I have an encyclopedic knowledge of Dragon Age to make up for it!
Good god, it's like an online twin.

By any chance, anyone volunteering this weekend in PA? If you meet up at the Wilmington, DE riverfront to canvas on Saturday at 11 AM, apparently Shonda Rhimes will be there to rally the troops I guess.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Rabble posted:

Is this guy using the anti-semetic parenthesis ironically?

He's jewish.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAtpPNKnybA

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No it has two

and both are women

:smug: x2

I get that this is a few pages late, but I love the FF characters as candidates schtick, andi line this board =D

And clearly the superior choice is Snow.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

BlueBlazer posted:

I put 2 months of my life into FFXI. Best job system. Worst MMO. Oh god the grind, and the travel system made you want to murder yourself. The way that game was laid out made absolutely no sense at all. Forcing players to get across zones and do quests that were triple their level.

I think you also had to be Japanese to understand the story arch I think. I never quite wrapped my head around it.

Hitting 75 with a character in FFXI should of come with an award. That enndless grinding and party waiting sucks.

That game is the sole reason I run healer or support in every game I play now.

Went from 4+ hr waits LFG as DPS to sub 5 minute waits LFG as RDM, if I was even flagged at all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Belding posted:

it ignores the general point that someone who is seen as more favorable is likely still superior.

No it doesn't because that isn't the point he was making. I know this because this isn't the first time he's brought this up. You rushed in trying to sound neutral and reasonable and ignored the fact we've been having this conversation with mcmagic for literally months.

Clinton's unfavorables are high among a specific demographic, who happens to coincide with Trump's strongest demographic. The argument that anyone else would be winning by more by default has no merit.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Nov 3, 2016

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Yes well, McMagic is from the Cherry Picking State

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The best final fantasy is chrono trigger

Magres posted:

you loving take that back or i'll fight you

skeletor is so much cooler than that shitbird
Aesthetically! Aesthetically! Skeletor is a much more charming and amusing fellow than that lich.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

DICKS FOR DINNER posted:

It put her +7 nationally, if it helps!

Well that's good. I'm not sure how I feel about the "is 538 accurate" debate but I'd rather look at the conservative estimation and be concerned than the nah guys we're totes gonna win estimation and then be really depressed on Tuesday night.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Captain Invictus posted:

The best final fantasy is EarthBound

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Tom Guycot posted:

Wait is this somehow implying they're not going to have loving press there to cover it? I can't think of anything more insane than the media not being able to cut to the trump party at some point during the night.

It might be, but remember that either Trump is deluded enough to think he'll win in which case he's going to just pick whatever journalists haven't upset him recently or aware that he's going to lose and limiting the crowd that will be around for his last gasp. That said, if he goes off on one last "RIGGED" speech, I want as few cameras as possible on it because this poo poo is tired.

Raerlynn
Oct 28, 2007

Sorry I'm late, I'm afraid I got lost on the path of life.

Captain Invictus posted:

The best final fantasy is Spirits Within

Fixed that for ya

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The best Dragon Quest is Earthbound.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
early voting in NV has dems up 30k votes with over two thirds of the state already having voted. some of the rural counties still need to come in which will probably cut that down somewhat

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794177298870083585

Chelb fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 3, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Resident Evil movies are better than the Resident Evil games.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Yo Mel, I had to use your anti-arzy pictures on my mother this morning.

Keep up the good work.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/794197242471124992

Attention - we have a loose android device, I repeat, loose android device!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Guy Goodbody posted:

gently caress off with this bullshit.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpnNakMdvXk

To bring the anime full circle.

To actually be on topic for once, I legitimately hope they go through with the party being invite-only just so Trump has to then vigorously deny any reports that people were upset at all when he loses. It'll be great to watch continual reality denial.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Just ignore the polls from the nobodies, IMO

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

ImpAtom posted:

No it doesn't because that isn't the point he was making. I know this because this isn't the first time he's brought this up. You rushed in trying to sound neutral and reasonable and ignored the fact we've been having this conversation with mcmagic for literally months.

I'm not trying to sound a certain way. I'm saying what I think because I'm not running for office. And what I said stands. If Hillary destroys Trump in the general then there's proof positive that she wasn't a weak candidate. If she only squeaks by, then I think you all have to face the facts that she may not have been the best choice. That will never happen because it will involve admission of being wrong, of course.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

TheGreyGhost posted:

It might be, but remember that either Trump is deluded enough to think he'll win in which case he's going to just pick whatever journalists haven't upset him recently or aware that he's going to lose and limiting the crowd that will be around for his last gasp. That said, if he goes off on one last "RIGGED" speech, I want as few cameras as possible on it because this poo poo is tired.

I can definitely believe that he suspects he'll lose and is getting pouty and doesn't want anyone to be there so he can just ignore it as much as possible and not give any kind of public speech. He's like a kid who's losing to Ryu so he pulls the plug on his SNES before it can say he lost in big letters.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

canepazzo posted:

I dunno I think doing everything he can to prevent a fascist from taking power in the world's most powerful country is a very presidential thing for Obama to be doing.

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014
+3 AA votes in NC for :abuela:

I'd like my 1000 years of liberal darkness please.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Crowsbeak posted:

Real RPG question? How often do you play not as your own gender?

I think it always can be interesting, like playing fallout 2 as a women and finding you occasionally cannot access parts of the game. Or being able to pursue a romance with Alistair in Dragon Age, and the friendship you can have with Lyanna just seems fun (alos I palyed my elf warrior as Buffy). Plus Femshep (who doesn't want the voice of Jennifer Hale)? Also for some reason I always felt Arcanum was best when playing as a female half elf mage fighter. Although outside an attempted female play through in fallout 2 I never have done female playthroughs of the others. (Fallout 1 because well I played fallout 2 first and the Manuel made it clear the vault dweller was a male). Finally I always play Kotor 2 as a women because even before it became canon (which now may not matter) it just seemed right to be a women for that role compared to my attempt to be some male character out of TOTJ.

Also I'd rather we do RPG chat then replay the Democratic primary chat.

I play as a woman probably 80% of the time, and, well, Mister Adequate. I have no strong attachment to being a guy, and though I wouldn't class myself as trans, I think privilege excepted I would rather be a woman. Games are a nice way to experience something other than my real life, so why not throw one more thing into the mix?

e; the best FF is X.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 3, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mr. Belding posted:

I'm not trying to sound a certain way. I'm saying what I think because I'm not running for office. And what I said stands. If Hillary destroys Trump in the general then there's proof positive that she wasn't a weak candidate. If she only squeaks by, then I think you all have to face the facts that she may not have been the best choice. That will never happen because it will involve admission of being wrong, of course.

"I'm not trying to sound a certain way, I just think you all have to acknowledge that Hillary Clinton has no campaigning ability and therefore if she doesn't win by a vague metric of 'big' literally anyone else would have been better than her."

Like again, this is the argument you're making: Hillary Clinton is the bottom floor and has no actual talent or skill of her own. Any other candidate can be assured the same support, turnout and success she has and more in addition. The other candidate's flaws are unimportant and they obviously would have no impact on the race.

You, of course, are not obligated to offer any proof whatsoever that Bernie Sanders or Joe Biden or Magical McNobody would have been a stronger candidate, just take the smug self-satisfied argument of "See, she didn't win by ENOUGH so she was weak."

This ignores the fact that there is a demonstrable strong ground for Republican candidates, Trump is an energizing figure for at least a portion of his supporters, and there is an open Supreme Court Justice seat thereby assuring a valid "hold your nose" talking point for a lot of conservatives. The magical fantasy of a 60% Democratic landslide win has little going for it. Obama is probably the best campaigner and candidate the Democratic party could offer in our lifetime and he didn't win by anywhere near that much.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 3, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Guy Goodbody posted:

Except 4.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Chelb posted:

early voting in NV has dems up 30k votes with over two thirds of the state already having voted. some of the rural counties still need to come in which will probably cut that down somewhat

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794177298870083585

On another board, a RW nut countered by telling me "you do know that 20% of those Democrats are voting Trump, right?" :smug:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Unscientific posted:

As far as you know. what will you do if the results show that only 2 African-Americans in your district voted for her?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Unscientific posted:

We've already had 8 of them, 992 left. :colbert:

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Mister Adequate posted:

I play as a woman probably 80% of the time, and, well, Mister Adequate. I have no strong attachment to being a guy, and though I wouldn't class myself as trans, I think privilege excepted I would rather be a woman. Games are a nice way to experience something other than my real life, so why not throw one more thing into the mix?

Also I like cute girls.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Unscientific posted:

Forgive me, I know AA votes doesn't stand for Alcoholics Anonymous, but I'm blanking on the actual meaning.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guy Goodbody posted:

You're literally worse than a billion Hitlers.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pakled posted:

We've already had 8 of them, 992 left. :colbert:

They were the most tepid, uneventful, and generally boring years of apocalyptic darkness ever. Thanks for making armageddon boring, Obama.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Celery Jello posted:

Forgive me, I know AA votes doesn't stand for Alcoholics Anonymous, but I'm blanking on the actual meaning.

African-American

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

canepazzo posted:

Oh my god. I bet he's watching Obama speaking in Miami as he tweets. It's been glorious, he's absolutely unloading on Trump; I've never seen him this angry at a person (rather than an issue) before.Went through all Trump's personal failings, called out his racism, sexism, and said nothing about his horrible character would change by being elected except that he'll 'have more power to carry out (his) twisted notions than (he) had before"! It was really powerful. I know Hillary's taking the 'go high' approach, but it was great to hear someone throw Trump's poo poo back at him. I really hope that Obama feels free to speak his mind more once he's out of the office.

• Locked thread