Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

abagofcheetos posted:

[unwarranted MGS Twitch plug]
Seconded. P.S. kill Meryl OHNBoss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have just started my REAL Demons Souls play through (I still have save files from 2010 on my PS3 😂)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AHHH the riposte animations are so good

€8 sheeeeit, totally worth it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have just started my REAL Demons Souls play through (I still have save files from 2010 on my PS3 😂)

Oooo definitely check those out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Old resuscitated saves are cool. Like little time capsules, especially if you have anything left from your childhood and realize you spent 80 hours doing nothing in FFVI or something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Oooo definitely check those out

Why?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just to see what you were doing then, especially since you've played a bunch of the series since. It will be like trying on old jeans that don't fit anymore

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CharlestonJew posted:

Going back to BlazBlue chat I'm sad I don't get to hear Patrick Seitz screaming "bitch!" after every move

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jakw0pj44cc

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The greatest casualty of the removal of english dubs was the character specific announcers in guilty gear. It never got old hear how excited I-No's VA sounded when calling out Venom as "BALLS!".

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Ryoga posted:

The greatest casualty of the removal of english dubs was the character specific announcers in guilty gear. It never got old hear how excited I-No's VA sounded when calling out Venom as "BALLS!".

There's a ton of incidental dialogue in these games that's completely lost on me now. And this is 2016, I can't go to GameFAQs to look this stuff up anymore. :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ryoga posted:

Yeah, as I mentioned this is like the biggest loss to Blazblue because they had just tons of amusing incidental stuff. My favorites that I remember were when Noel fights Ragna and says "Ragna the Bloodedge!" for the first part of her super and "YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S STUPID" when for the second part of her saying "hands of the Panda" when fighting Litchi or Tao pretty much having completely unique dialogue for every fight because she called everyone by completely different names. It's not the main part of the game but it gave that anime as gently caress game an odd amount of charm.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Just to see what you were doing then, especially since you've played a bunch of the series since. It will be like trying on old jeans that don't fit anymore

I don't know what the hell I was doing last time because apparently I never even found the nexus ?! I must have skipped the tutorial first time around or something.
No bonfires :smithicide:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you cant skip it. you either die to vindicator (is that his name? you know who i mean) or you kill him and then get killed by the dragon

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It asked me at the start if I wanted to do the tutorial and I said yes but I think I skipped it first time around. I literally only remember starting right at the start of Boletarian Castle when I played to game six years ago or so 🤔🤔 like I definitely never saw the nexus.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Ryoga posted:

drat, I forgot about this. I played Sign through a shared copy on steam but one of my favorite things to do when I got tired of practicing was set the system voice to Sol or something just so I could hear all the nicknames the characters have for each other.

I mean I have Revelator but maybe I should buy Sign anyway...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

It asked me at the start if I wanted to do the tutorial and I said yes but I think I skipped it first time around. I literally only remember starting right at the start of Boletarian Castle when I played to game six years ago or so 🤔🤔 like I definitely never saw the nexus.

If you skip the tutorial you spawn in the Nexus

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

If you skip the tutorial you spawn in the Nexus

I guess my memory from six years ago is a bit hazy !

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

In Training posted:

Old resuscitated saves are cool. Like little time capsules, especially if you have anything left from your childhood and realize you spent 80 hours doing nothing in FFVI or something.

Childhood? gently caress that. I made three characters in DS3. I decided to use my first character for the DLC since I beat Soul of Cinder with it but stayed in NG at level 80, then quit the game for a few months before starting my second character. I loaded up my first character and my first thought was "what the gently caress was I doing?" The character was terribly statted and terribly geared, to the point that I have no clue how I beat the game with it. When I realized that it was going to take several hours of farming to bring the character up to snuff for the DLC, I decided to go with my SL 220 NG++ character instead. Ended up being a wise choice.

Now for FFVI, poo poo... I spent HUNDREDS of hours doing nothing in that game. I remember grinding and grinding until every character had every spell. I gave up trying to capture all of Gau's monsters. I was easily entertained back then.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

...! posted:

Childhood? gently caress that. I made three characters in DS3. I decided to use my first character for the DLC since I beat Soul of Cinder with it but stayed in NG at level 80, then quit the game for a few months before starting my second character. I loaded up my first character and my first thought was "what the gently caress was I doing?" The character was terribly statted and terribly geared, to the point that I have no clue how I beat the game with it. When I realized that it was going to take several hours of farming to bring the character up to snuff for the DLC, I decided to go with my SL 220 NG++ character instead. Ended up being a wise choice.

80 is pretty low but you could probably have at least eased the farming by respeccing at Rosaria.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

...! posted:

Now for FFVI, poo poo... I spent HUNDREDS of hours doing nothing in that game. I remember grinding and grinding until every character had every spell. I gave up trying to capture all of Gau's monsters. I was easily entertained back then.

Somewhere in some cartridge their exists a save where I spent hours getting Umaro and only Umaro to Lvl 89 or so and kept everyone else at a low level just because I thought it'd be funny making the dumbest character carry the rest of the party

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I recently busted out the Dreamcast and found my Ecco save from 2003. When I loaded it Ecco was in a giant pipe underwater with giant fans and sharks and mines and poo poo and Ecco was wearing a backpack?

Those games are weirder than I remembered.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Phantasium posted:

I recently busted out the Dreamcast and found my Ecco save from 2003. When I loaded it Ecco was in a giant pipe underwater with giant fans and sharks and mines and poo poo and Ecco was wearing a backpack?

Those games are weirder than I remembered.

If I recall correctly you are in a bad future where man and dolphins never joined forces. But yeah those games were always weird. Even the first one involved Alien abduction and time travel and even weirder stuff.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

glam rock hamhock posted:

If I recall correctly you are in a bad future where man and dolphins never joined forces. But yeah those games were always weird. Even the first one involved Alien abduction and time travel and even weirder stuff.

Ecco is partly inspired by John Lily, a scientist who took tons of acid and met aliens in a sensory deprivation tank who told him to teach language to dolphins.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ograbme posted:

Ecco is partly inspired by John Lily, a scientist who took tons of acid and met aliens in a sensory deprivation tank who told him to teach language to dolphins.

he took ketamine and thought the aliens stole his penis

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
loving hell, Best Buy hosed up my Blazblue order somehow and while it was supposed to be delayed until today for no real reason, not it got delayed until next week for no real reason. Luckily Amazon has the same price on it still for Prime so I just cancelled and I'll hopefully be neck deep in anime by Sunday.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

loving hell, Best Buy hosed up my Blazblue order somehow and while it was supposed to be delayed until today for no real reason, not it got delayed until next week for no real reason. Luckily Amazon has the same price on it still for Prime so I just cancelled and I'll hopefully be neck deep in anime by Sunday.
How do the Blazblue games compare to P4A? Same sort of ratio of fighting:anime?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

How do the Blazblue games compare to P4A? Same sort of ratio of fighting:anime?

the anime is there if you wanna play the story but otherwise its just really solid fighting. its not as complex as p4a at a universal systems level but the characters are all very unique from each other so some of them get really complex in their own right so there's something for everyone in its huge cast.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is Deception 4 any good?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

As long as you get the Nightmare Princess version it's a fun puzzle/strategy thing yeah. There's a demo on PS4 anyway.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The other games are trash but Deadly Tower of Monsters is pretty good. The gameplay itself is pretty blah but the presentation's great.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Are any of this months + PS4 games local multiplayer,
?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Are any of this months + PS4 games local multiplayer,
?
They don't think Deadly Tower of Monsters be like it is but it do.

(Nope.)

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Does Rocket League have local?

e: it do

Guw fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Nov 5, 2016

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I like the voice actor for the director in Deadly Tower of Monsters, his tone and delivery are perfect. Unfortunately one 20 minute play session was more than enough for me, it just isn't very fun to play.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

They don't think Deadly Tower of Monsters be like it is but it do.

(Nope.)
What the gently caress is this sentence?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I think I'm gonna have to delete Letter Quest. I know it's nothing but an idle time waster but for some reason I downloaded and keep coming back to it. Even so, it's a grindfest. I'm halfway convinced the only reason there's a (bog standard) upgrade system is because the letter selection algorithm is a bit shite. And the dictionary database it uses is extremely questionable.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Akuma posted:

What the gently caress is this sentence?

an oscar gamble quote

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Yeah, I hate how quickly Letter Quest became about grinding. Like, I've done every mission I am capable of and now need to RE-do them to get enough strength to complete the next stage. That's poo poo.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

My Lovely Horse posted:

And the dictionary database it uses is extremely questionable.
Names of letters of the Hebrew alphabet are perfect for a fun casual word game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Davincie posted:

an oscar gamble quote
I just looked up the context and that's pretty funny.

• Locked thread