Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

A Third New Hampshire Poll has struck the towers:

Boston Globe / Suffolk

President:

Tied

Senate:

Ayotte +2

Governor:

Sununu +4

Three NH Polls released today are:

Tie
Trump +1
Trump +5

gently caress my life. By far the worst is Sununu +4. Democratic governors are the only thing preventing NH from being Kansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Heh, democrats sure are upset over how HRC is bad, actually. Now to write a paragraph on how these other guys, one who lost and he other who didn't even want to run, would magically be doing better somehow.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD

comingafteryouall posted:

Guys, who would Agent Fox Mulder voted for? Scully would have obviously voted for Clinton, but I honestly don't know about Mulder.
Trump and I don't think it's close.

Imagine the reception Mulder would get when he shares all his conspiracy theories with him.

:trumppop: These alien abductions have gone too far! Tell me what you need to put a stop to it!

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

scary ghost dog posted:

what even do we do as a country when our Federal Bureau of Investigation is compromised by white supremacists who spread propaganda and prop up bogus investigations in order to elect a russian puppet despot?

We sic the CIA and NSA on them.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

emdash posted:

What benefit do you imagine comes from trying to convince people of Bernie's superiority? Honest question. I am very sympathetic to that view, but even (or especially) in the context of this dead forum for idiots, it accomplishes nothing except pot-stirring. No one is going to change their mind because of your posts--and if they were going to, what change would you hope to see?

There is no taking back what has happened and he's not going to run again, so there's no "get ready for Bernie 2020" argument. Are you just extremely masochistic or what?

it's literally a page from Trump's campaign strategy.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

funkymonks posted:

gently caress my life. By far the worst is Sununu +4. Democratic governors are the only thing preventing NH from being Kansas.

Leon Trotsky 2012 frequently comes in here, half the time with unsourced polls and has deliberately left out pro Clinton results or information in the past. Take what he posts with a mound of salt.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

scary ghost dog posted:

what even do we do as a country when our Federal Bureau of Investigation is compromised by white supremacists who spread propaganda and prop up bogus investigations in order to elect a russian puppet despot?

Honestly, other than the Russia thing this was always what the FBI did. The only difference is the long-established enemies of the FBI, progressives from disenfranchised demographics, are now inside the establishment. The FBI's dirty tricks are more obvious and more shocking when they're turning inward. For all they're doing to Hillary they attacked civil rights activists even worse. They spread propaganda about MLK, they wiretapped everybody to the left of Nixon, they stalked and harassed gay rights activists even as late as the 90s. There's a reason having an FBI file is a badge of honor among activists. The FBI is conservative in the literal sense - they exist to protect the establishment and to attack anyone who threatens it. The fact that we've gotten so far inside the gates that they're reduced to attacking a major party presidential candidate is actually a sign of progress.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

Bhaal posted:

Trump and I don't think it's close.

Imagine the reception Mulder would get when he shares all his conspiracy theories with him.

:trumppop: These alien abductions have gone too far! Tell me what you need to put a stop to it!

Otoh isn't Podesta or someone who is super convinced aliens are real and poo poo?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Third New Hampshire Poll has struck the towers:

Boston Globe / Suffolk

President:

Tied

Senate:

Ayotte +2

Governor:

Sununu +4

Three NH Polls released today are:

Tie
Trump +1
Trump +5

I think I've noticed that you don't post links and instead just post a name and then a number. If it's not too much trouble please start linking the poll so I can follow it and rationalize away anything I don't like get a little more context.

thanks~

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Going by Nate corrections :shobon:

No, it was tied after corrections. Sorry to be the shook canepazzo here :(

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

Yes, please take like loving ted nugent or someone next

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The GIG posted:

Heh, democrats sure are upset over how HRC is bad, actually. Now to write a paragraph on how these other guys, one who lost and he other who didn't even want to run, would magically be doing better somehow.

Don't forget all the people who didn't run because the entire party endorsed her in 2014. They deserve to lose the election just for that and would be if anyone not named Trump was the GOP nominee.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

CascadeBeta posted:

Leon Trotsky 2012 frequently comes in here, half the time with unsourced polls and has deliberately left out pro Clinton results or information in the past. Take what he posts with a mound of salt.

Thanks I'll postpone my move to Massachusetts a few more days.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I know a little rear end in a top hat canvassing for Trump in NH. We used to have a pretty active group chat about the Pirates & local Pittsburgh politics but I cut off all communication with him when he endorsed the reality television star in the GOP primary.

Anyway. That's my post.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tumblr hype man posted:

Otoh isn't Podesta or someone who is super convinced aliens are real and poo poo?
Podesta has been actively trying to get the Area 51 files, among others, declassified for like... a decade now? Some ridiculously long amount of time. Him and the guy from Blink 182 or some equally ridiculous poo poo.

e: so what I'm saying is, Mulder would vote Hillary because that means Podesta might get enough pull to make it happen.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

What are the odds this is just that sample list that was just made up names they had on the ticker during the debates

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Covok posted:

I mean, that isn't so bad, really? I think they were just trying to get people to vote for downballot senates and avoid people being like "I can't vote Trump so I can't vote at all." If I was republican, I'd try to avoid that.
I get that, but I fact that it's been such a prevalent question (obviously) this election makes me sad.

The only thing I didn't vote for was school board rep, :ssh:

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

hahaha

Just to clarify though, since real talk I appreciate how cool 90% of the thread was about this request. Using "black" as an adjective is fine. Black voters, black caucus, black grandmas cook better because they don't put mayo in everything - all good. What's rude (all the time! handy rule of thumb!) is reducing people to an adjective. That's why I roughly think "blacks" trips a wire that "Jews" usually doesn't, since it's an actual proper name, but no dog in that fight so Jewish posters make their own ruling there.
My 2 Jewish cents: we're literally Jews, that's one of the proper names. Now, if you use it out of context or with the wrong inflection/meaning, i.e. "he Jewed me" or "what a Jew" (both things I've heard), go gently caress yourself.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Honestly, other than the Russia thing this was always what the FBI did. The only difference is the long-established enemies of the FBI, progressives from disenfranchised demographics, are now inside the establishment. The FBI's dirty tricks are more obvious and more shocking when they're turning inward. For all they're doing to Hillary they attacked civil rights activists even worse. They spread propaganda about MLK, they wiretapped everybody to the left of Nixon, they stalked and harassed gay rights activists even as late as the 90s. There's a reason having an FBI file is a badge of honor among activists. The FBI is conservative in the literal sense - they exist to protect the establishment and to attack anyone who threatens it. The fact that we've gotten so far inside the gates that they're reduced to attacking a major party presidential candidate is actually a sign of progress.

Young'uns don't know about COINTELPRO

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

tumblr hype man posted:

I mean, I'm kinda of the mind life is somewhere in the [carl sagan nasal voice] buillionz und buillionz of starzzz...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
New Batch of Statewide Polls:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

California:

Clinton +20

Arkansas:

Trump +20

Utah:

Trump +6
Herbert +33
Lee +33

Colorado:

President - Tie (:siren:)
Bennet +8

Florida:

Clinton +4
Rubio +6

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

California:

Clinton +20

Arkansas:

Trump +20

Utah:

Trump +6
Herbert +33
Lee +33

Colorado:

Bennet +8

Florida:

Clinton +4
Rubio +6

Source on these, please?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

California:

Clinton +20

Arkansas:

Trump +20

Utah:

Trump +6
Herbert +33
Lee +33

Colorado:

Bennet +8

Florida:

Clinton +4
Rubio +6

Link

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

mcmagic posted:

Don't forget all the people who didn't run because the entire party endorsed her in 2014. They deserve to lose the election just for that and would be if anyone not named Trump was the GOP nominee.

Seriously, mcmagic, actually answer me: What are you going to do when the next Dem nominee also isn't a white man?

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

mcmagic posted:

Lmao the picked her instead of the other guy, those pricks. those fiends!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Gonna go see Bernie Sanders give a speech in-person in about 20 minutes, I'm stoked!! :neckbeard:

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

WeAreTheRomans posted:

The Dollop, which is a pretty great podcast did an episode about COINTELPRO recently. It is well worth a listen: http://thedollop.libsyn.com/214-black-panther-fred-hampton

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

CascadeBeta posted:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/11/03/poll-shows-trump-clinton-tied-ayotte-slightly-ahead/XdKxyDKnSLdUJspGUkP0EJ/story.html

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

I feel like that Colorado one came out yesterday, actually. They're all on RCP.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

California:

Clinton +20

Arkansas:

Trump +20

Utah:

Trump +6
Herbert +33
Lee +33

Colorado:

Bennet +8

Florida:

Clinton +4
Rubio +6

I can do this, too.

THERE WAS A POLL THAT SHOWED HILLARY WINNING ARIZONA TODAY!!!!!! (she's not going to win Arizona)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Seriously, mcmagic, actually answer me: What are you going to do when the next Dem nominee also isn't a white man?

Probably post about how Bernie would be doing better

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Source on these, please?

Just updated on RCP. Link is edited into post.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The previous (C+2) Suffolk NH poll was conducted 10/2-10/5. Completely irrelevant in terms of trend to a poll of 10/31-11/2. Could have been T+5 last week and cratering for him since then

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

WeAreTheRomans posted:

MLK was a Communist, or nearly so, who criticized white moderate liberals a lot and argued for lessening geopolitical tension with Russia, so it's pretty funny to suggest he would be welcome in the current Democratic coalition considering the ongoing meltdown against every part of that description

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Top of the post

Welp guess the Republicans were right and the poll numbers meant nothing, here's to 8 orange years

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Crying sexism or racism is the last vestige of people who have no argument. My issues with Hillary Clinton are about her personally, not her sex or her race.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Listening to the latest Whistlestop episode, Dickerson makes mention of one FBI investigation referring to associating with homosexuals as "associating with sexual demons", and good god I wish my FBI file described me as a sexual demon.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The tied CO poll has the race at 39-39 with Clinton having a six point edge among those who already voted, flipped for Trump.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Andrast posted:

Probably post about how Bernie would be doing better

Nah, he'll google "woman democrat" and say they would be the best choice before he actually reads anything about them.

mcmagic posted:

Crying sexism or racism is the last vestige of people who have no argument. My issues with Hillary Clinton are about her personally, not her sex or her race.

It's hard to make an argument when you conveniently ignore posts that actually try to make arguments in favor of whining about how people are being mean to you.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

woot i guess. the fbi corruption fills in all the missing puzzle pieces throughout the insane narrative of this election too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

ImpAtom posted:

Oh? Says who? Please note that even if you believe the Clinton emails were responsible for any change in polls (and many polls have not shown a significant change, something you're ignoring), the emails were literally an entirely manufactured scandal. There is no reason to assume there wouldn't be something bullshit for Bernie Sanders. There's also no reason to inherently assume Sanders would have won the debates, Sanders would have the exact same minority support, Sanders would not have had any health problems (he's older than Clinton and Trump!) or countless other things.

Your assumption is that a theoretical Sanders At His Best would have done better than Clinton In Reality. You're comparing an ideal to someone who actually had to campaign.

What basis would you assume Sanders has any of the same flaws in terms of party corruption that Hillary does? He's an outsider, he's totally unlike most Democrats. It's like the same set of people who are banging the table going "WHERE ARE THE TRUMP EMAILS WIKILEAKS?!?" there aren't any because neither Trump nor Sanders are deeply involved in a widespread political apparatus manipulating poo poo everywhere. Trump has a network of shady business deals everywhere, but Sanders doesn't have that either.

Sanders in his last head-to-head polls with 1000+ samples (before he conceded) beats Trump by 10.4 points on average. He would have slaughtered this election wholesale.

• Locked thread