Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

I guess it also explains why she's trying to push through so much poo poo driven by ideology rather than any actual evidence, like bulk funding.

No that's been this govt's education policy since 2008~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/chrishipkins/status/788518145971531777
:effort:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

God that is just a depressing goodbye message.

Spyderizer
Feb 18, 2004

Edit:

Stuff's journalism aside, nice to hear the Planet Key decision was upheld on appeal and the guys behind it are getting their court costs reimbursed.

Spyderizer fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 20, 2016

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Spyderizer posted:

Stuff's journalism aside, nice to hear the Planet Key decision was upheld on appeal and the guys behind it are getting their court costs reimbursed.

Nats V Eminem is still ongoing though :D

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

Nats V Eminem is still ongoing though :D

That was pretty legal though

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

This is cooked

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/85752421/Police-admit-using-checkpoint-to-target-euthanasia-meeting-attendees

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Good to see the police putting time and resources to good use protecting society from evil old women and their heinous crime of wanting to die on their own terms

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

This should be a huge loving deal, but watch it just dissipates with no action or condemnation from anyone with any power.

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

klen dool posted:

This should be a huge loving deal, but watch it just dissipates with no action or condemnation from anyone with any power.

Well David Seymour seems pretty pissed about it. I used to think there was absolutely nothing I could possibly agree with my local MP on, but here we are.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
Yeah there will be backlash. This is messing with old people.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

klen dool posted:

This should be a huge loving deal

Haven't read the article because it's almost midnight and I want sleep but I'm guessing that there is a complaint in the works so the complainants can speak up while the police are duty-bound to keep quiet while hysteria over a few road checkpoints is whipped up.

I'm sitting out of this one.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Haven't read the article because it's almost midnight and I want sleep but I'm guessing that there is a complaint in the works so the complainants can speak up while the police are duty-bound to keep quiet while hysteria over a few road checkpoints is whipped up.

The thing is that this is pretty bad, using obstensibly a life saving tool to 'check up' on a gathering of like-minded people.

But yeah, nothing will come of this.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

This is messing with old people.

Old people will kick up a poo poo, no doubt. Nothing of any meaning will occur to anyone involved, but there will be red faces.
Who the gently caress ordered this in the first place? Is Bob McCoskrie or Garth McVicar getting in close with the Police?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

There weren't even red faces when they were found to be spying on Greenpeace and unions.

steeltoedsneakers
Jul 26, 2016

Yeah, but this is old people.

E: to scale back the flippancy - unions and greenie don't carry much weight on talkback radio, messing with the aged tends to bring indignation.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Ghostlight posted:

There weren't even red faces when they were found to be spying on Greenpeace and unions.

Yeah but they're a bunch of pinko scum, not good, God fearing old (probably) white people.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Yeah there will be backlash. This is messing with old people.

Haha it was the front page of the fuckin' Dom Post

Credit where it's due they know their audience

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
it was run by the same Police inspector who waged the insane war on wellington bars, fyi

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
http://i.imgur.com/9M2KqSs.mp4
my gif is up to 2,000,000 views lol

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Those poor cops

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I wouldn't want their job

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Next January is going to be pretty amazing. Nick Cave and PJ Harvey are both playing.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Vagabundo posted:

Next January is going to be pretty amazing. Nick Cave and PJ Harvey are both playing.

Because I am a tremendous nerd, I'm flying down to Wellington to see him then coming back up to Auckland and seeing him again.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

... plus Ian Anderson again! (I may be the only person under the age of 60 who cares about that).

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Happy Diwali, nerds.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Going to both and Vince Staples too awesome couple of months ahead

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Chris Bishop is one of those clueless types that drive at night with their lights off

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Robo Captain posted:

Chris Bishop is one of those clueless types that drive at night with their lights off

Some of those morons do it intentionally.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Robo Captain posted:

And when his car goes bump and he sees an old lady in his brake lights he stops and reverses over her to make sure she's really dead.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Not politics, but does anyone else use Vodafone for their fibre/broadband and get poo poo speeds outside of NZ servers? I've gone from 5-6MB DL on steam to gently caress all but speedtest tells me local servers still give me full fibre speed. Don't feel like ringing them to be told "speed varies, tough poo poo"

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Spiteski posted:

Not politics, but does anyone else use Vodafone for their fibre/broadband and get poo poo speeds outside of NZ servers? I've gone from 5-6MB DL on steam to gently caress all but speedtest tells me local servers still give me full fibre speed. Don't feel like ringing them to be told "speed varies, tough poo poo"

This used to happen to me all the time with Vodafone, the problem was constant issues with traffic routing, taking upwards of 3-4 seconds to ping a website, which might be the reason your DL speed is poo poo? I thought Steam had local caches like Youtube etc, though.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't have fibre and my speeds have been fine. Try running speedtest against an Australian and then a US server and see if that narrows down where it drops.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

El Pollo Blanco posted:

This used to happen to me all the time with Vodafone, the problem was constant issues with traffic routing, taking upwards of 3-4 seconds to ping a website, which might be the reason your DL speed is poo poo? I thought Steam had local caches like Youtube etc, though.

I don't seem to manage higher than 500kb on steam anymore. Speedtesting is ridiculous comparing overseas to local, check this out. This is local And this is new york

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah something's massively hosed up somewhere in the ocean. Even if you waited the forty minutes to get through to Vodafone they'd probably just tell you there's nothing they can do they can't see anything wrong from their system so there's no problem.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

Spiteski posted:

I had a roughly 72 hour period of the symptoms you described a couple of weeks ago, but they did at least acknowledge there was a problem there.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah something's massively hosed up somewhere in the ocean. Even if you waited the forty minutes to get through to Vodafone they'd probably just tell you there's nothing they can do they can't see anything wrong from their system so there's no problem.

I figure as much. East coast Aussie gets a full speed and west coast doesn't so I am going to blame the Aussies and go to sleep.

Fuckin' Aussies.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Opportunities for every NZer!
(Except cats)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I can't wait to ask him what his position on inmates voting is.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
5. National pride

Uh huh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

swampland posted:

5. National pride

Uh huh...

Yeah 100% of the time politicians mean "white pride" when they say this. Though didn't he, after extensive research, actually reassure everyone finally that the treaty was a good thing? I'm pretty sure he felt the need to write a book about that in TYOOL 2000-and-something. Such a revelation.

• Locked thread