Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

I did both. :]

Did you get the ornament in store, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

Did you get the ornament in store, too?

Yes.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
I want a Christmas train, but I don't like the aesthetics of the actual marketed Christmas Train. Something like Emerald Night is perfect, are there any trains that anyone would recommend for a power function Christmas Train in production? Should I get the bootleg Emerald Night? Should I just get the Christmas Train and figure out a way to mod it until I'm happy?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Big Ben build report. We are on page 100 of 206 of the instructions.
The build so far is ok, if a bit tedious, it uses so many 1x1x1 and 1x1x1/3 pieces my fingers hurt.
Somehow the mass and size of the tower doesn't come across well see far, the tower bridge resembles a massive building better in comparison. But we'll see, it is well thought out and seems solid so far.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker

Shawn posted:

I want a Christmas train, but I don't like the aesthetics of the actual marketed Christmas Train. Something like Emerald Night is perfect, are there any trains that anyone would recommend for a power function Christmas Train in production? Should I get the bootleg Emerald Night? Should I just get the Christmas Train and figure out a way to mod it until I'm happy?

I am building my own Hogwarts Express built off the Emerald Night Platform. I ordered the bootleg EM too. If you want to do the same I can email you the LDD for my design.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Stupid Architecture manuals don't lay flat. I guess they look nice but hard to build from.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

oneof27 posted:

I am building my own Hogwarts Express built off the Emerald Night Platform. I ordered the bootleg EM too. If you want to do the same I can email you the LDD for my design.

Yeah, that'd be cool and help my wife get into the idea. Are you doing the train power functions? Does LDD even have those pieces?

Shawn fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 2, 2016

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker

Shawn posted:

Yeah, that'd be cool and help my wife get into the idea. Are you doing the train power functions? Does LDD even have those pieces?

Cracknaticman at hotmail dot com

Email Sent!
I am doing the train power functions. Since my Express is based off the Emerald Night, I can follow the original directions to add power to the train. Can't confirm or deny about Power Functions in LDD. Maybe I should have thought of that before I got this far.

If only Potter minifigs weren't sp crazy expensive I could populate my train!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yellow sub is pretty great so far. 1 step in and it's so colorful. Pastel colors and a piece I'd never seen before.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Decided to try and fix the DeLorean set today, the back still needs work but I'm pretty happy with the very slight angle of the bonnet now (weird internal clip and bar assembly).

e: annnnd I'm already unhappy with the roof. Gonna replicate the curved look of the bonnet

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 2, 2016

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Grabbed the Yellow Submarine at the Tukwila store yesterday, along with two Nexo Knight Ultimates that were on sale, a pair of Minecraft minifig packs (with alternate skins), the two new seasonal sets for my mom, and they gave me another 40222 (the 250 piece holiday 24-in-one-but-only-a-couple-at-a-time) freebie set since they still have stock of those. Also got the nutcracker ornament. Got $30 off thanks to the double points last month!

Annoyingly, their PAB wall was half-empty since they were preparing to put the new model and its pieces up, but didn't have any of it out yet.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Looking forward to Jimi Hendrix minifig.

TIA LEGO

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

djfooboo posted:

Looking forward to Jimi Hendrix minifig.

TIA LEGO

Comes with optional pool of vomit on a 2x2 circular disc tile!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Comes with optional pool of vomit on a 2x2 circular disc tile!

Give me back my pizza disc!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where's my Lego GG Allin?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

veni veni veni posted:

Where's my Lego GG Allin?

I think the Big Bang Theory set maxed out the poo poo-eating quota, so no GG for you any time soon sorry

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I swung by the semi-local Target on the way to some errands and fondled some CMF bags, I came out with 2 bananamen and a mariachi guy.

I feel these go together way better than you'd think, a mariachi guy flanked by dual bananamen. I wish I could have found more bananamen though, and army-built bananamen.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Speaking of CMF...the Disney ones are back. I've seen them at TRU and Lego Store.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Lizard Combatant posted:

I think the Big Bang Theory set maxed out the poo poo-eating quota, so no GG for you any time soon sorry

nice

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Speaking of CMF...the Disney ones are back. I've seen them at TRU and Lego Store.

I saw them at the Lego store and I think my local Fred Meyer. I think they did another run to capitalize the Disney Castle.

Speaking of CMFs, have there been any leaks for the next series? Seems like it's about time for the next ones to show up.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If they continue at the normal pace, S17 will be out in Jan or Feb. No other info yet.

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
The workers at my local LEGO store said that The LEGO Batman Movie is the next series for CMF in January.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

I swung by the semi-local Target on the way to some errands and fondled some CMF bags, I came out with 2 bananamen and a mariachi guy.

I feel these go together way better than you'd think, a mariachi guy flanked by dual bananamen. I wish I could have found more bananamen though, and army-built bananamen.

I hope they make a set with a banana man at some point, so that banana costumes will be in the bricks and pieces selection. It worked for the hotdog guy at least.

With the collectable minifigs, looks like there's a normal series 17, the batman movie ones, and a ninjago movie series one next year. No details or leaks yet by the looks of things.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait you can buy hotdog suit guy costumes normally?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You could probably still find a keychain and disassemble.

Or get the Hot Dog Truck. Not 100% sure if that suit fits all figures or just the friends ones. Will find out on Xmas when my gf puts it together.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

You could probably still find a keychain and disassemble.

Or get the Hot Dog Truck. Not 100% sure if that suit fits all figures or just the friends ones. Will find out on Xmas when my gf puts it together.

It fits all figs and since it's in that set you can order it from Bricks And Pieces

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait you can buy hotdog suit guy costumes normally?

Yeah, usually the really special pieces seem to not be available on Bricks and Pieces but the hotdog costume was a welcome exception. Not sure if you still can though but the set number is 41129

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

McDragon posted:

Yeah, usually the really special pieces seem to not be available on Bricks and Pieces but the hotdog costume was a welcome exception. Not sure if you still can though but the set number is 41129

Hey, thanks! If this dude I'm talking to can't go a bit lower on his asking price, I'll grab'em from there. The Friends figures seem to be compatible with regular minifig "suits" like that, too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's still there. Might have to grab a couple. Looks like body and legs are pretty easy to duplicate. The head is unique. But a few different faces wouldn't be bad. Now what would look good on hot dog man?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My friend bought that Lepin UCS Falcon and mentioned how much he wants a STAR WNRS shirt and I'd have to agree. If I buy one thing from Lepin it would be that.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like the look of these Lego Batman sets.

http://brickset.com/article/24362/more-the-lego-batman-movie-sets-revealed

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That joker minifig head owns.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

That joker minifig head owns.

The joker looks great in the new movie :allears:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goddamn I just caught the trailer and lego is going to make ten trillion dollars again.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Senior Scarybagels posted:

The joker looks great in the new movie :allears:

I hope they make a figure of this expression

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
In the process of having my first experience with Bricks and pieces. It's not a good site. I particularly like how once you add things to your cart, you can't see them any more.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

It's still there. Might have to grab a couple. Looks like body and legs are pretty easy to duplicate. The head is unique. But a few different faces wouldn't be bad. Now what would look good on hot dog man?
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626cpb0935 ?

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3626bpb0501 ?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
poo poo...I forgot to add a couple hot dog outfits to my order. I knew I was forgetting something.

Alpine Mustache
Jul 11, 2000

Waltzing Along posted:

In the process of having my first experience with Bricks and pieces. It's not a good site. I particularly like how once you add things to your cart, you can't see them any more.

"Your Bag" is on the top right part of the page. it would be nice if it stayed where you could see it while scrolling through a huge list of parts, but it is there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Alpine Mustache posted:

"Your Bag" is on the top right part of the page. it would be nice if it stayed where you could see it while scrolling through a huge list of parts, but it is there.

Yes, but once you move to the cart, there is no way to see it again. At that point it's just a number. You can't edit it. Just gotta start over.