Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am also worried that if Hillary wins I am gonna get drunk, jump on a table, and point to a bunch of Trump supporters and yell "GET YOUR NAZI rear end OUT OF MY COUNTRY"

It's an honor to have you posting with us, Governor Kaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

You know, that sort of reminds me. Is SMG the forum's longest-running gimmickposter? I don't think he's ever broken character even once.

SMG isn't a gimmick. There's a point when your arguments are so in depth and detailed and earnestly argued for such length that even if you're trying to do a Thing, it doesn't really matter. I don't know exactly where that point is but SMG passed it a long time ago.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Best way to ease Arzying? Star Wars. Just Star Wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-t2n_jk1QM

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Night10194 posted:

You know, if this is true, it might actually explain Comey's actions without him just being a massive piece of poo poo.

Like, if he legit worries the new york guys really *were* a tremendous leak risk and/or might alter or mess with things...

It's also actually way worse than Comey just being a partisan hack.
Trump's now telling his rally crowd that 'we know with near 100% certainty' that 'five foreign intelligence agencies breached Hillary's server' and 'the FBI has all this information' but the DoJ won't let them release it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's someone in the FBI talking with the Trump campaign, even if it's mostly just telling him their own mad hunches.

He also praised Qadaffi-era Libya and pre-civil war Syria as good, stable countries before Hillary Clinton ruined them by causing the Arab Spring, but I guess that's par for the course for Trump now.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would respect this guy's intellect a lot more if he didn't wear slovenliness like a costume

Its so painfully artificial

he's slovenian actually :downsrim:

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Tender Bender posted:

SMG isn't a gimmick. There's a point when your arguments are so in depth and detailed and earnestly argued for such length that even if you're trying to do a Thing, it doesn't really matter. I don't know exactly where that point is but SMG passed it a long time ago.

I'm pretty sure we all said the same thing about Toblerone Triangular.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

heroes never die

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Apraxin posted:

Trump is on stage in NC, he sounds absolutely awful, really hoarse and tired. He just told everyone this key foreign policy:

"We will stop trying to build foreign democracies, topple regimes, and race recklessly into situations that we have no right to be there, folks. We want strength in this country, we want to protect our country. Instead, our focus must be on keeping America safe and destroying ISIS, we have no choice on that, and on defeating radical Islamic terrorism. We will defeat it, and we will defeat it quickly."

So he's going to bring the troops home from the Middle East and put a stop to all foreign adventures, and also wage war in the Middle East to end all Islamic terrorism.

You say that like his base will find a contradiction in there.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Joy Reid has been kind of a poo poo for the back half of this election. She's pushed the wildest Putin/Russophobic conspiracies far more than most of her MSNBC colleagues and said some outrageously stupid things for a journalist.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Apraxin posted:

Trump's now telling his rally crowd that 'we know with near 100% certainty' that 'five foreign intelligence agencies breached Hillary's server' and 'the FBI has all this information' but the DoJ won't let them release it. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's someone in the FBI talking with the Trump campaign, even if it's mostly just telling him their own mad hunches.

He also praised Qadaffi-era Libya and pre-civil war Syria as good, stable countries before Hillary Clinton ruined them by causing the Arab Spring, but I guess that's par for the course for Trump now.

Didn't even Fox just retract all that bullshit today?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Okay tell me about Sarah Michelle Gellar the gimmick poster please

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Trump could drop pants and jerk it right on stage and everything is going to play out as it would have

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am also worried that if Hillary wins I am gonna get drunk, jump on a table, and point to a bunch of Trump supporters and yell "GET YOUR NAZI rear end OUT OF MY COUNTRY"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MkRuV0aCcI

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Okay tell me about Sarah Michelle Gellar the gimmick poster please

SuperMechaGodzilla

He posts insanely long impenetrable defenses of bad movies full of tedious jargon from a PHIL101 class

For example, he has written like a hundred thousand words defending Batman v. Superman as a modern masterpiece of cinema

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

Trump could drop pants and jerk it right on stage and everything is going to play out as it would have

Iggy Pop 2020

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"Well Trump is a white supremist who's going to gently caress with the rights of women and poc for generations by filling the supreme Court with right wingers, but Hillary gives me a bad feeling I can't quite explain so clearly she's the worse option."

gently caress this man.

If any of you ever wondered why so many minorities in the us are distrustful of the far left, well here's your explanation.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Reading about Zizek (that video was my first time to hear his name) I guess what stood out to me is that there is a whole journal dedicated to criticism that his work is ambiguous and doesn't provide meaningful alternatives.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Alan Smithee posted:

You wouldn't be able to see anything under the flap

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mel Mudkiper posted:

SuperMechaGodzilla

He posts insanely long impenetrable defenses of bad movies full of tedious jargon from a PHIL101 class

For example, he has written like a hundred thousand words defending Batman v. Superman as a modern masterpiece of cinema

I liked it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Apraxin posted:

How are they finding out about this supposed hack now? They already investigated the server and said they couldn't find any proof (though there "may" have been because such hackers would be too good) that it was hacked.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Zizek is a rad dude who is often wrong, much like every other rad dude in history. His stupid "Elect Trump even though he's horrible because it would show Americans that anybody, not just political insiders, can get elected. Actually wait there's the supreme court to think about. Huh...." is just one of his dumber things. He's like craft brews. Just because useless hipsters obsess about him doesn't make him bad. And sometimes he makes a bacon-flavored gose, and that sucks. But this oatmeal stout is still great, yeah?

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 4, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Crowsbeak posted:

I liked it.

I rest my case

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Mr Interweb posted:

How are they finding out about this supposed hack now? They already investigated the server and said they couldn't find any proof (though there "may" have been because such hackers would be too good) that it was hacked.

hey weird maybe Trump is just making poo poo up who would have guessed

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

can we c/d Trump having Hank Hill rear end

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Schizotek posted:

Zizek is a rad dude who is often wrong, much like every other rad dude in history. His stupid "Elect Trump even though he's horrible because it would show Americans that anybody, not just political insiders, can get elected. Actually wait there's the supreme court to think about. Huh...." is just one of his dumber things. He's like craft brews. Just because useless hipsters obsess about him doesn't make him bad.
Craft brews aren't going to result in the end of America but him encouraging people to vote Trump could.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mel Mudkiper posted:

SuperMechaGodzilla

Ahh what nooooo

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

If any of you ever wondered why so many minorities in the us are distrustful of the far left, well here's your explanation.

Yes indeed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Night10194 posted:

The idea that Clinton may well win over literal enemies Foreign and Domestic is kinda badass, though.

Yeah it's pretty cool that there's more than one literal actual real-world conspiracy trying to stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president and she'll still probably become president.

On the other hand these latest FBI schemes on the Clinton Foundation apparently have FOX News excited enough to claim she's about to be indicted again, so there's that too.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Alan Smithee posted:

There was one of those in Seattle. I wish I would have gone and seen it.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

SuperMechaGodzilla

And yet I defy you to disagree with him

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
You are all wrong about what'a funniest about the Zizek thing.

It's that real tankies have been melting down about him for being an anti-immigrant "prog-lib" fascist since the summer.

Denzer
May 15, 2009

Schizotek posted:

Zizek is a rad dude who is often wrong, much like every other rad dude in history. His stupid "Elect Trump even though he's horrible because it would show Americans that anybody, not just political insiders, can get elected. Actually wait there's the supreme court to think about. Huh...." is just one of his dumber things. He's like craft brews. Just because useless hipsters obsess about him doesn't make him bad.

He's arguing that Hillary is not a progressive and therefore SC picks are already tainted anyway since she will nominate like a former Goldman Sachs exec or something.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

vyelkin posted:

Yeah it's pretty cool that there's more than one literal actual real-world conspiracy trying to stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president and she'll still probably become president.

On the other hand these latest FBI schemes on the Clinton Foundation apparently have FOX News excited enough to claim she's about to be indicted again, so there's that too.

Had. They retracted it this afternoon, saying they got overexcited. If I recall properly.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Alan Smithee posted:

Hm seems that realistically it's more of what we call the "flesh diaper"

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Nov 4, 2016

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Samurai Sanders posted:

Craft brews aren't going to result in the end of America but him encouraging people to vote Trump could.

Not anymore since making like 5 billion IPAs is going out of fashion.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

When I see pictures like this I wonder if any of the truly faithful rubbed his tiny penis for good luck in business before the statues came down, like people rub the bull on Wall street which I still can't believe is a thing I actually saw with my own eyes.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

SMG is the shining jewel of the somethingawful forums.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Schizotek posted:

Zizek is also popular with those "Stalin was right" types of leftists, and I've seen more than my share of those folks saying the same thing, so there's that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Denzer posted:

He's arguing that Hillary is not a progressive and therefore SC picks are already tainted anyway since she will nominate like a former Goldman Sachs exec or something.

Someone should ask Zizek who nominated Ruth Bader Ginsberg to the Supreme Court.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
You won't hear Zizek poo poo in a PHIL101 course. The only times I've heard philosophers in academia mention his name is when they're using it as a punchline. Dude's a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

speng31b posted:

And yet I defy you to disagree with him

I was a literature major who roomed with three philosophy majors

I am not going to get into a tedious critical theory slapfight about stupid bullshit ever again

• Locked thread