Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I am starting to feel compelled to get a sunrise lamp. Does it do anything that couldn't be replicated with a Hue bulb and some kind of script?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

taqueso posted:

I am starting to feel compelled to get a sunrise lamp. Does it do anything that couldn't be replicated with a Hue bulb and some kind of script?

Probably not; the biggest thing for me is the gradual onset of light. Rather than turning on all at once or starting to turn on when your alarm goes off, it starts lightly glowing and getting brighter and brighter until your alarm time, when it's at full brightness.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

People on a deals forum were saying you could get two Philips Hue bulbs for around the same price and link them to some of the popular sleeping apps that try to wake you up in the lightest cycle. I like the idea of it since night shift can leave me waking up in the dark feeling groggy, but I can't see it affecting much.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Can Hue bulbs produce the right color temperature (or whatever?)

Fire Safety Doug has a new favorite as of 18:54 on Nov 3, 2016

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Turns out my preferred alarm clock app (Sleep as Android) supports Hue bulbs so I'm going to try that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Put three in series and they'll turn you Brazilian.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

taqueso posted:

I thought about cobbling something together but went with the appliance approach for foolproof simplicity. No fumbling with settings when I go to bed impaired.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I bought some whiskey

Also some GoPro rip off thing called the Git2.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Bape Culture posted:

I bought some whiskey

Mmmmmmm Kavalan

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

taqueso posted:

Nur_Neerg posted:

Probably not; the biggest thing for me is the gradual onset of light. Rather than turning on all at once or starting to turn on when your alarm goes off, it starts lightly glowing and getting brighter and brighter until your alarm time, when it's at full brightness.

By 'probably not' he means 'no script required' since the default hue app does exactly this. In the 'routines' tab under 'wake up' you can set it to gradually brighten just like those wake up lights from a run up of 15 minutes to 45 minutes to your alarm time. You have the added benefit of doing the reverse if you'd like under the 'going to sleep' tab where you can set your lights to dim gradually before turning off to help you get in the mood to sleep.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Follow up as requested -

Wow, that's a great picture! Honestly that's what's giving me the itch to switch the most, especially after an article I read by a photographer who said his daily driver was an iPhone under he took the Pixel out for a spin and then immediately ditched the iPhone.

Thanks so much for posting again :) I'll have to have a long think about whether I should do it or not. I want to, but I know my wallet won't thank me...

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Fire Safety Doug posted:

I doubt the color temperature matters when your eyes are closed

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Can Hue bulbs shut my goddamn neighbors up so I can sleep?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

strangemusic posted:

Sunrise lamp trip report: wow I feel awesome and don't want to die clutching feebly at an inevitable third coffee this morning.

A++ purchase.

Yet another question. How much is this for a room vs a person? I am super interested in getting one, but my wife and I have way different schedules. I wake up like 2 hours before her in the morning, and if it wakes her up, its out.

Anyone have a similar situation?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Dick Trauma posted:

Can Hue bulbs shut my goddamn neighbors up so I can sleep?

If you throw them hard enough.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Snowmankilla posted:

Yet another question. How much is this for a room vs a person? I am super interested in getting one, but my wife and I have way different schedules. I wake up like 2 hours before her in the morning, and if it wakes her up, its out.

Anyone have a similar situation?

Not anymore (:sever:), but unless you sleep with a curtain between you, or she is an extremely heavy sleeper, she's getting up with the artificial dawn.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Subjunctive posted:

Not anymore (:sever:), but unless you sleep with a curtain between you, or she is an extremely heavy sleeper, she's getting up with the artificial dawn.

Boo. Thats what I thought. Thanks!

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

lovely "gaming keyboard" died, so I got a good one.

I think I can get used to the Cherry Browns instead of the clicky blue ones I had on the Razzzr that died in under five years.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

khysanth posted:

Mmmmmmm Kavalan

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

You having a loving stroke?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

travisray2004 posted:

You having a loving stroke?

I liked it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He was just testing his new Macbook Pro with the touch strip emoji keyboard.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Ruzihm posted:

I liked it.

I'm curious what kind of font I have installed that I was even able to see any of it? It's not like those are in Wingdings or even Webdings.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

IUG posted:

He was just testing his new Macbook Pro with the touch strip emoji keyboard.

Don't give them any ideas.

I hope this was just a joke right?

right?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Trastion posted:

right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVPRkcczXCY

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 20:21 on Nov 4, 2016

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

davebo posted:

I'm curious what kind of font I have installed that I was even able to see any of it? It's not like those are in Wingdings or even Webdings.
You don't need to have the font installed locally. This place references some fonts from fonts.gstatic.com and on top of that the emojis are then replaced with ones from twemoji.maxcdn.com because otherwise they render tiny or some poo poo. It's all taken care of without you needing to do anything.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

right?

Yes, but it's an oled strip that can be used for anything, not a dedicated emoji keyboard.

I want one, but I'm not willing to give up my magsafe connector to get it.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Apple has basically reinvented the Logitech G15! Revolutionary!

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

SpartanIV posted:

Apple has basically reinvented the Logitech G15 Optimus Maximus! Revolutionary!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Rug rake. Because even a Dyson Animal vacuum is no match for 2 Bernese Mountain Dogs.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Wanna hug'em bad.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

beefnoodle posted:

Rug rake. Because even a Dyson Animal vacuum is no match for 2 Bernese Mountain Dogs.

Pic please

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rumda posted:

Pic please

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

Megabound posted:

Optimus Maximus

I'd forgotten about the Optimus keyboard completely. I thought it was just vaporware but it turns out they actually have several products now! :monocle:

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

LOL

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Please hug those dogs for me.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

beefnoodle posted:

You need a rake to fight off your dogs? :ohdear:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

SpartanIV posted:

Apple has basically reinvented the Logitech G15! Revolutionary!

The best part about being 3-4 years behind the curve is when you finally get around to implementing something someone else has already worked out all the kinks, and when you have a cult following of people who believe anything you say you can claim to have invented the technology and they'll buy it - figuratively and literally.

Content:

New clutch kit & friction ring insert for my flywheel :homebrew:

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Geoj posted:

The best part about being 3-4 years behind the curve is when you finally get around to implementing something someone else has already worked out all the kinks, and when you have a cult following of people who believe anything you say you can claim to have invented the technology and they'll buy it - figuratively and literally.

Content:

New clutch kit & friction ring insert for my flywheel :homebrew:

Nice try. It's pretty obvious you're trying to smuggle an arc reactor across international borders through the mail.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Bought a giant stuffed dinosaur.

Thing's like four foot tall. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Dewgy posted:

Bought a giant stuffed dinosaur.