Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Seems like next episode is the perfect time to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I doubt they'd do it since it mean minimizing, if not entirely omitting the main cast for at least one episode. They might do it to cut down on budget though, like the Doctor lite episodes of Doctor Who.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tsob posted:

I doubt they'd do it since it mean minimizing, if not entirely omitting the main cast for at least one episode. They might do it to cut down on budget though, like the Doctor lite episodes of Doctor Who.

It's not without precedent. The sitcom Last Man on Earth did an episode last season where nobody from the main cast appeared because they wanted to reveal what happened to the main character's brother.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Ubiquitous_ posted:

If next episode was the pilot episode but in The Bad Place, I'd be very happy. I'm curious to see how Real Eleanor stacks up against Kristen Bell's stellar performance.

Yeah, they really should do that exact thing next episode, it would be fantastic. There have been quite a few times shows have done stuff like that, although the one I can recall right now is the Agents of SHIELD episode which was basically a 2-person show (1-person for the first third).

EDIT: There was also Person of Interest's "Relevance", and Star Trek: TNG's "Lower Decks".

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Oct 31, 2016

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

tarlibone posted:

I'll take political portmanteaus like "Brexit" every single day, and twice on Sundays, if it means we can stop using "-gate" as a suffix for political stories.
Lol when the media add a -gate suffix behind some word, most of the time they will always put the word scandal behind it so people don't get confused by the "-gate" thing. So everything is the "-gate scandal". Thank you for reminding me that the "Gategate scandal" or "the Monicagate scandal" or "the Panamagate scandal" were scandals, i wouldn't have guessed, media. gently caress you Watergate hotel.

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Agreed about real Eleanor in the bad place being a perfect idea for an episode.

Toplowtech posted:

Lol when the media add a -gate suffix behind some word, most of the time they will always put the word scandal behind it so people don't get confused by the "-gate" thing. So everything is the "-gate scandal". Thank you for reminding me that the "Gategate scandal" or "the Monicagate scandal" or "the Panamagate scandal" were scandals, i wouldn't have guessed, media. gently caress you Watergate hotel.

I want a second scandal to happen at the Watergate Hotel so people can brainlessly call it Watergate-gate, and if it that happens then there's no limit to the absurdity that journos will come up with. So on future wikipedia you'd end up with a page about "The 4th Watergate Scandal, also known as Watergategategategate"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I was hoping people would unironically call the Flint crisis "Watergate"

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Disgusting Coward posted:

If Chidi's a French speaker how come he speaks flawless, American accented English in the flashbacks to when he was alive?

I thought in the flashbacks he was somehow in Sydney, Australia.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Elite posted:

Agreed about real Eleanor in the bad place being a perfect idea for an episode.

I want a second scandal to happen at the Watergate Hotel so people can brainlessly call it Watergate-gate, and if it that happens then there's no limit to the absurdity that journos will come up with. So on future wikipedia you'd end up with a page about "The 4th Watergate Scandal, also known as Watergategategategate"

They would just call it hotelgate.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Higgy posted:

The part where Michael had 100 Hawaiian pizzas in his office actually made my wife go "Wow, gently caress those dicks".
If you're not happy to receive free pizza, regardless of toppings, you should go to the bad place.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

It honestly blows my mind that people think Tahani's meant to be a liar. Before I checked this thread that had never occurred to me and no one I've talked to in real life about the show thinks this.
Yeah, your interpretation is basically the same as mine. She's not a liar, she's just kind of obnoxious and probably doesn't realise it.

MrBuddyLee posted:

I thought maybe Eleanor would get sent to the Bad Place but would be too moral for them, thus messing everything up.
That could still happen.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

If you're not happy to receive free pizza, regardless of toppings, you should go to the bad place.

But a hundred free pizzas is just wasteful.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tiggum posted:

This is literally you

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
Scumbag Adam Scott rules, he was great in Eastbound and Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-vlaRhUGt8

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
He had his moments in Parks & Rec too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHvQZd8t7oY&t=43s

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not a massive fan of the movie in general but I do think Step Brothers has Adam Scott's best performance. He really is incredible at playing a jackass.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I saw this referred to as a fall limited series, was that always the plan or is it that the rating didn't justify a back season pick up?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I believe someone mentioned in an interview or something that this season was planned to be 13 episodes from the get-go. Still don't know if it's a limited series or if they plan on a second, though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Scorpi-oties

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bad Janet!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Omg they're perfect

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Holy poo poo, the Nixon tapes karaoke

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh no

not Sean

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Whyyyyyyyy you gotta leave me there for two months

Screw you TV people

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

January? What the gently caress?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
January? nooooooo

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Are you serious? We're going to have to wait until January for new episodes?

Guys... I think we're definitely in the bad place. :ohdear:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Comparatively, not as much of a game-changer as the last few, but wow.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I thought Janet made it so that Tahani couldn't find his bud hole?

Also, January?

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

muscles like this! posted:

I thought Janet made it so that Tahani couldn't find his bud hole?

Also, January?

Janet was murdered.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I love that the jig is up for Bonehead McFakemunk. I wonder how it's going to play out.

And yes, I second the booooooo on the two month break.

Fork the network execs who made that decision. Fork 'em right in the icehole.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"You ... get ... nothing." Yay Michael!

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Whoever decides the tv schedule is from the Bad Place.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, yes, they are in management.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Trevor is so loving good.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I came here for fun episode discussion and instead received horrible loving news

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope it turns out that the reason the metric for good/bad is so unfair is because Sean is one of those types who goes "now now, let's hear both sides of the story" even when one person is obviously the bad one.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
drat, that reveal of the cause of the mixup was a bit of a... er... :flaccid:

I wasn't expecting some Burn Notice multi-season thing where there'd be one little piece each episode, but I thought they'd drag it out a little. Like there was an obvious setup there for the gang getting to the bottom of whatever caused the screwup, but nah "the system can just gently caress up sometimes." Which is probably Sean's fault. So I guess we're getting something there at least.

(Is this supposed to be a one-shot series or what, btw? e: Looks like "maybe" from a few posts back.)

It's still a crazy coincidence which might be funny or dumb but at the time I was just like, "that's it?", so I don't know.

Unless it's a cover-up of course. :v:

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Nov 4, 2016

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
It's not cocaine, you idiot... we're snorting tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Polygynous posted:

I wasn't expecting some Burn Notice multi-season thing where there'd be one little piece each episode, but I thought they'd drag it out a little. Like there was an obvious setup there for the gang getting to the bottom of whatever caused the screwup, but nah "the system can just gently caress up sometimes." Which is probably Sean's fault. So I guess we're getting something there at least.

(Is this supposed to be a one-shot series or what, btw? e: Looks like "maybe" from a few posts back.)

It's still a crazy coincidence which might be funny or dumb but at the time I was just like, "that's it?", so I don't know.

There's still Jianyu/Jason, who wouldn't be so easy to explain away as coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Polygynous posted:

You realize that this has only just scratched the surface right

We already know there has been more than one mistake, and Jianyu doesn't fit that explanation at all

• Locked thread