Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ragle
Nov 1, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTOBsKyurpE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Stacey King might just be a large bag of catchphrases, but he is responsible for one of the finest announcing moments in the history of the sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbxzfVl_7c4

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
"Meet me at the rim, don't be late." is a great catchphrase.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
reggie miller is the worst basketball announcer i've ever had the displeasure of listening to

i like sean elliot, but i also love the spurs and he deserves his reputation as a homer

too bad for boston, they came back but couldn't sustain it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

RaySmuckles posted:

reggie miller is the worst basketball announcer i've ever had the displeasure of listening to

i like sean elliot, but i also love the spurs and he deserves his reputation as a homer

Yeah Reggie sucks bad on commentary. Not only that he seems like he's gotten worse with experience.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Thon Maker gets a token first home game appearance and dude drains two threes off pick n rolls in 20 seconds.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Considering that Mudiay's jumper is about as good as Deandre Jordan's, why does he shoot so loving much?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/laurenholiday12/status/794250476342521856

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

R.D. Mangles posted:

Stacey King might just be a large bag of catchphrases, but he is responsible for one of the finest announcing moments in the history of the sport
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbxzfVl_7c4

I would also nominate this as one of the greatest in moments in announcing: https://youtu.be/zBLrSz0oNvs

"It's a good night in New York City" is totally underrated

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

You're only fully recovered when you can eat Milk Duds.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Niwrad posted:

He only wanted to play in New York.

He was later quoted saying he probably would have resigned with Denver if they didn't trade him due to them being able to offer the most.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Spacebump posted:

He was later quoted saying he probably would have resigned with Denver if they didn't trade him due to them being able to offer the most.

He was also "seriously considering Chicago, Houston, and LA" in free agency. And he was open to being traded to the loving Nets.

I don't think any of it was true. He wanted to play for the Knicks and only the Knicks.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Spacebump posted:

Carmelo said a lot of things; a few years later he also said that he was never going to re-sign in Denver because everyone else on the team was expiring and he didn't want to be stuck rebuilding.

Nirwad is right as far as I recall. He made a quiet, but very forceful push for NYC.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's easy to pass the blame on after you've already gotten what you wanted

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Congrats on okc beating gs 32-31 in this 12 min exhibition

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
OKC was on the 2nd night of a B2B. I'll give them a pass.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Strawberry Panda posted:

Also they were playing a much better team than them.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Strawberry Panda posted:

it's also like the second week of the season

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think it had more to do with the fact OKC was playing one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
I dunno, if Sabonis can just get a little deeper on his post ups and muscle up, KD probably doesn't score 1,000,000 points on 5 shots.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
If first 12 minutes OKC can show up more than once a game that'd be cool. That was a good run of friendship basketball but it all ended when Russ left the floor and it never really came back.

Oladipo is not good.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oladipo. Thomas Robinson. Never draft juniors

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Wardell Stephen Curry II got lucky he is a II instead of a jr.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

what about J. R.s

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lockback posted:

For National games Doris Burke is the best color commentator. I wish they'd use her there more instead of having her work the floor.

She does a great job of working the floor too, though

https://twitter.com/jimrome/status/545452967613063168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Every time I see that clip moves her from Doris Burke to Doris Baerke :swoon:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Larry bird wanted buckets for the pacers

At what price though

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Ghost Dog posted:

i feel like lebron is coasting tbh. kyrie and klove are doing a lot tho, and shump is hitting shots which is weird cause he was useless as a player last year

dude is averaging 36.4 mpg and 1 reb short of a triple-double :raise:

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

RaySmuckles posted:

The way Sean Elliott talks like he's still playing on the Spurs is intolerable to me.

As for major network announcers: I don't really like the pairing of Marv & C-Webb that we're seeing this season, but anything is better than Marv & Reggie.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Papercut posted:

Also they were playing a much better team than them.

Yeah but I think on a normal night's rest OKC could lose by 10 instead of close to 30.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Ok, that was fun. I was expecting OKC to win in a close one with Russell going nuts, or the Warriors blowing them out. Glad the latter happened. Also, Klay wasn't total poo poo, and Durant continues to make me very happy.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 4, 2016

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I don't get the love for Hubie Brown. He's horrible - everything he says is obvious and meaningless.

"Ok, look, look right here, he dribbles left and then, see, he goes up and, right here, he shoots the ball, you see, that's how you do it...." Horrible.

Also surprised that there has been no mention of Bob Fitzgerald in the bad announcer discussion. The Warriors have a great geriatric color guy in Jim Barnett who actually teaches you things. Fitzgerald the Fat Hobbit is the play by play guy, and he sucks. Not only is a homer but is the worst kind of homer because he's boring. And whenever the camera cuts to him it looks like he's about to pass out because the collar on his shirt is two inches too small for his fat neck. And you wish he would pass out but sadly he never does.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

predicto posted:

Also surprised that there has been no mention of Bob Fitzgerald in the bad announcer discussion. The Warriors have a great geriatric color guy in Jim Barnett who actually teaches you things. Fitzgerald the Fat Hobbit is the play by play guy, and he sucks. Not only is a homer but is the worst kind of homer because he's boring. And whenever the camera cuts to him it looks like he's about to pass out because the collar on his shirt is two inches too small for his fat neck. And you wish he would pass out but sadly he never does.

my man

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Expecting a beat down from the Clippers tonight. I worry for our rotations

ElPedro
Apr 22, 2008
Haha Predicto that's an awesome description.

Doesn't the Heat have some fat front office guy that's a wizard on salaries/trades? I seem to remember a huge pear of a man someone posted a pic of.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I couldn't decide between a DeAngelo, Clarkson, or Randle jersey so now I have a Kobe jersey. Gonna rock it in Sacramento on December 12 with 9 other homies who are all Kings fans. Should be a good night!

e: also I like the new Lakers. Luke Walton is cool.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Nov 4, 2016

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

NickRoweFillea posted:

Expecting a beat down from the Clippers tonight. I worry for our rotations
We can't make shots at all right now so who knows

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Can someone who was paying more attention to the game than I was tell me why Dunn didn't play in crunch time last night?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ghost Dog posted:

i feel like lebron is coasting tbh. kyrie and klove are doing a lot tho, and shump is hitting shots which is weird cause he was useless as a player last year

Even coasting Lebron is a triple double threat is what we're learning here. I think it's more that he's coasting on his own offense/shooting like he would do at times when Wade/Bosh were scoring well. There's no reason for him to throw up shots if other guys are hitting them.

Also, Austin Carr is an absolute gem, and you aren't a real Cavs fan unless you've listened to his garbage rear end commentary during games with catch phrases like "THE L TRAIN DRIVES TO THE LANE" or after a made 3 "FROM DEEP IN DA Q". It's like listening to your uncle gush about a team. Everyone who isn't rooting for the Cavs should probably hate everything about the way he calls games, but just watch the national broadcast then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I haven't had much time to get into NBA this season yet. Watched the Bucks a little of last night, but I missed Thon Makers HOME debut.

He played one minute total.

Scored two 3 pointers in 30 seconds.

He's sitting at 6 points with one minute average played this season.

Edit: I guess he played an away game for two minutes and didn't get any points :(

Philthy fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 4, 2016

• Locked thread