Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
So do I need to spend my candy now or can I keep grinding tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servaetes posted:

Redemption should be for about a week after the grind ends, just like it was with the mogcakes. You can decide what to get after it's over.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Servaetes posted:

Chocobo King will happily fill his incredibly fat belly that must be large enough to cover the known universe for another five days, as usually goes with these events.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Guys I'm so loving pumped to finally have a good banner. I'm going to stay up til reset even though I have to get into work early tomorrow because gently caress it.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Memu's runnin' slow. Is there anything I can do to it to make it faster or does my computer just blow?

NOTE: First thing I did was turn off everything graphical in the game options which didn't help.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
You can allocate more RAM in the settings. I think it's the gear/cog icon to the right.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
see you all after reset

may the rngod smile upon you

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Aren't they doing maintenance at the reset tonight though?

Traded in my last bit of candy and now have at least 20 of all the 6* materials. Not enough for everyone who wants them in the near future, but good enough to immediately awaken CoD tomorrow at least. I also had a really lovely run of luck the last few Pumpking runs I did, getting wiped on 3 of them because of a lack of Lightning friends to take in, being able to chain Crushing Blow is pretty important (not a necessity but it helps tremendously).

Ultimately this was a really great event. It wasn't as grindy and time-consuming as Demons Unleashed or the Mogcakes, I was able to get everything important with only a couple of lapis refreshes and it didn't require running around a level for 20 minutes or dealing with multiple instant death casting enemies.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How did you get yours to over 500 without Dual Wield? A bunch of MAG +30%?

Yeah, 4x mag+30, max ramuh with mag+ slots, pretty much everything except dual wield.

So naturally...

AHAHAHA THRONE RECLAIMED at least until tomorrow wherein it'll likely go to whoever finishes their omnirods first.

also rumor has it cactaurs leave the fp summon pool after maintenance tonight so make sure to finish emptying your reserves.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Shark Tower posted:

also rumor has it cactaurs leave the fp summon pool after maintenance tonight so make sure to finish emptying your reserves.

They are, make sure to blow your loads of FP tonight. Unfortunately for me, all I really got out of this was a Sunbeam TM from smashing them all together. I was close on a couple...but not nearly enough for a TM.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

gently caress

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i only got something like three metal gigantaurs but i got something like a dozen king gil snappers :saddowns:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I'm glad you guys said something, I was thinking it ended tomorrow for some reason and had planned on spending it all as soon as I evolved my CoD tomorrow. I wish I'd have known about CoD on Monday too when I blew the first 100 FP summons and fed them to the Cecil that isn't even in my main group (though I'm sure that won't be a waste in the long term) and then getting CoD to 100 would have been much easier. I wonder if I can carry him tomorrow during the event to level him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Twelve by Pies posted:

Traded in my last bit of candy and now have at least 20 of all the 6* materials. Not enough for everyone who wants them in the near future, but good enough to immediately awaken CoD tomorrow at least. I also had a really lovely run of luck the last few Pumpking runs I did, getting wiped on 3 of them because of a lack of Lightning friends to take in, being able to chain Crushing Blow is pretty important (not a necessity but it helps tremendously).

Ultimately this was a really great event. It wasn't as grindy and time-consuming as Demons Unleashed or the Mogcakes, I was able to get everything important with only a couple of lapis refreshes and it didn't require running around a level for 20 minutes or dealing with multiple instant death casting enemies.

i actually checked the awakening materials needed for the upcoming 6*s of Bartz/CoD/Exdeath and it requires some really goofy amounts of the current materials. i forget their names but you ended up needing 35 of some and only 15 of others. you might wanna take a look and adjust before you're done.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
I am going to awake tomorrow, blow 19 tickets, and hopefully see my first rainbow crystal!

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Mrit posted:

I am going to awake tomorrow, blow 19 tickets, and hopefully see my first rainbow crystal!

Going to be honest, it's mighty loving tempting to try and 11-pull for Luneth. My best physical attacker right now is Chizuru and she's steeeeeeadily sliding down that slope of "top tier" characters.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Luneth may not be top tier in Japan but they judge those including all TMs. I only have a single solitary Zidane and I imagine that Luneth would be better than even top tier dudes without the dual wield TM.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
20 minutes until 6h maintenance. SPEND YOUR LAPIS goons.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Vax posted:

20 minutes until 6h maintenance. SPEND YOUR LAPIS goons.

:negative: Well, I guess I'll have to roll tomorrow morning.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Tagichatn posted:

Luneth may not be top tier in Japan but they judge those including all TMs. I only have a single solitary Zidane and I imagine that Luneth would be better than even top tier dudes without the dual wield TM.

This is my reasoning as well. Even if I pulled 2 Orlandu I wouldn't be able to use him. In retrospect I probably should have invested in lightning more than a few pulls but since this banner has a better side character I don't mind chasing here.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Well you have 2-3 months to prepare your TMs for the inevitable Orlandu whaling hype. So I mean it's not like you can't plan ahead and do something about it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i keep planning ahead but its not helping me draw a vaan

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
This wait is killing me. I haven't pulled in two weeks, I NEED MAH FIX.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm looking forward to pulling 15 Bediles today. Are you guys looking forward to the Bedile banner featuring Clyne, Penelo and Shadow?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Dias posted:

I'm looking forward to pulling 15 Bediles today. Are you guys looking forward to the Bedile banner featuring Clyne, Penelo and Shadow?

As with every banner basically.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kemix posted:

Going to be honest, it's mighty loving tempting to try and 11-pull for Luneth. My best physical attacker right now is Chizuru and she's steeeeeeadily sliding down that slope of "top tier" characters.

Good news, chizuru should be getting her next awakening in the near future , letting her continue to be a top physical attacker for a while longer.

doomknight66
Jan 25, 2012

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

Tagichatn posted:

This is what a lot of people forget about, the 6 star rankings take into account TM's and such. For ftp L and Luneth are probably better then most of the other top tiers with DW.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I'm not quite sure I understand why people treat Orlandu as massively worse without Dual Wield/Excalibur. Certainly, that combination is the key to gamebreaking amounts of power, but he's already broken as poo poo without any TMs whatsoever. Like, even without it he can claim to be on Luneth/Lightning's tier or even higher. With them, he's simply the best unit in the game now and very likely forever.

Unrelatedly, the big question is if I awaken both of my CoDs as soon as Maintenance ends or if I leave one at 5*/80 so that my team isn't violently gimped for a good while until I can grind up the necessary Gigantuars.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

KataraniSword posted:

I'm not quite sure I understand why people treat Orlandu as massively worse without Dual Wield/Excalibur

Why DualWield, double Excalibur tho? Becuase his main attack is light attack?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vax posted:

Why DualWield, double Excalibur tho? Becuase his main attack is light attack?

Because his big attack lowers light resistance, but isn't light itself, I believe.

doomknight66
Jan 25, 2012

Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality

KataraniSword posted:

I'm not quite sure I understand why people treat Orlandu as massively worse without Dual Wield/Excalibur. Certainly, that combination is the key to gamebreaking amounts of power, but he's already broken as poo poo without any TMs whatsoever. Like, even without it he can claim to be on Luneth/Lightning's tier or even higher. With them, he's simply the best unit in the game now and very likely forever.

Unrelatedly, the big question is if I awaken both of my CoDs as soon as Maintenance ends or if I leave one at 5*/80 so that my team isn't violently gimped for a good while until I can grind up the necessary Gigantuars.

He's busted because his attack lowers light res and elemental chains with itself with a light based weapon, its really stupid.

Also Enhancements will likely shuffle him off the top spot at some point, unless they give him one which I don't know why they would but I can see Tidus taking his spot or the inevitable Quad wielding Cloud.

doomknight66 fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Nov 4, 2016

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

KataraniSword posted:

I don't really know why you'd think that honestly, especially since we just discussed the whole Orlandeau vs Luneth thing. He really IS massively worse without those TMs, how else do you figure otherwise?
I mean, its pretty obvious, but without a holy elemental weapon there's not a lot going on with Orlandeau at all, his best attack is left at a tiny fraction of its potential when elemental chains and the vulnerability debuff are gone.
Dual Wield pushes Luneth's attack well past Orlandeau's, with a better attacking skill to boot.
Luneth comes out the box as a powerhouse the way Lightning does, not requiring another huge level of RNG getting Dual Wield (I'll forgive Excalibur, since Cecils were easy to pick up), even if you didn't mind grinding out said TMs.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Datamined Maintenance patch shows that we might in fact not only be getting a Brave Frontier banner, but a Global Exclusive character, Elza.

(from reddit thread)

Limit Burst: (Raw)

5★ Scarlet Reaper:
Dark damage to all enemies
6★ Soul Eclipse:
Dark damage to all enemies

Abilities: (Raw 1) - (Raw 2)

Dark Reaper:
Boost ATK when equipped with a spear, and gain darkness resistance
Enfeebling Slash:
Damage and inflict poison and disease on one enemy
Dark Prayer:
Cure all status ailments and boost ATK, DEF, MAG, and SPR for caster
Dark Aegis:
Boost DEF and SPR when HP drops below a certain level
Ravaging Blow:
Damage and reduce DEF and SPR for one enemy
Dark Favor:
Automatically revive caster one time
Madness Rush:
Attack three enemies chosen at random, and LB gauge fills more quickly

Materias:

Tablet of Ruin:
Boosts limit burst fill rate and boosts ATK by 20%. (Elza only)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Self-only TM reward? Seriously? :ughh:

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
All I'm learning is I should start TM grinding my Kain's.

I'm going to bench my Luna because the new units either don't need Barrage as much as say, a top tier weapon.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Fenrir posted:

Self-only TM reward? Seriously? :ughh:

Is that actually what it says? Its not very clear, but I just kinda assumed it was an exclusive materia from the event or whatever.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Trilin posted:

Is that actually what it says? Its not very clear, but I just kinda assumed it was an exclusive materia from the event or whatever.

I think it's just an event materia, yeah. I dunno what the TM is.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
So 6* CoD seems like she would indispensable basically forever. Not only does she have decently high attack with Barrage, but the elemental and status resistance plus Bar-allra and Esuna-all open up a lot more healing options for you, like Garnet or Cecil becoming the ideal healers for your team, because the lack of esuna no longer hurts you (especially if you have a mage team with Tellah for Raise). Even if her attack begins to lag behind eventually, her utility will still be awesome.

fedit: I apologize if this is old news, but I just was looking at her upgrade since I'll be doing it in like 2 hours or whatever, and it's p great.

Magna
Sep 3, 2007

m.hache posted:

All I'm learning is I should start TM grinding my Kain's.

I'm going to bench my Luna because the new units either don't need Barrage as much as say, a top tier weapon.

Most of my TM team is around 20% except I have Luna at 70%. Feels weird to just give up on it but I can easily fill a team that already has barrage, especially with CoD getting 6*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Magna posted:

Most of my TM team is around 20% except I have Luna at 70%. Feels weird to just give up on it but I can easily fill a team that already has barrage, especially with CoD getting 6*.

I just wish I had a Locke. I'd be grinding the poo poo out of him for that Throwing Weapon.

It's an absolute shame that the only weapon I have for CoD a +33 ATK boomerang.

Is there anything else that I can craft/obtain for her?

• Locked thread