Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Al! posted:

woah i had no idea unemployment was at 99.9%

Based off of nite crew postings, this number *looks at figures* checks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

iospace posted:

More on the Russia thing:
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/794504669716512768
but Surprise! No one cares because
It produced this exchange:
https://twitter.com/JonWilton/status/794509984872693760
https://twitter.com/kurteichenwald/status/794510108193673217
https://twitter.com/HurtTurtle/status/794512315106336768

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

they just need to stick to what third world populists do, showy displays of economic populism that are actually insignificant and ineffectual, while actually privatizing everything behind the scenes for big kickbacks. its the true future of capitalism
How is that different from Americanada now

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Samuel Clemens posted:

Republican women realising just how horrible their own party has been to them will probably be the biggest fallout of this election. It's hard to argue that liberals are the real sexists when your candidate for president was Donald "Grab 'em by the pussy" Trump.

that and mobilizing hispanic voters and ensuring they are alienated from the GOP for a generation

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

lol @ the editorials by conservatives blaming trump on liberals

"actually its liberals fault that im making GBS threads and pissing my own drat pants, its liberals fault that im vomiting, then cupping my vomit in both hands, and eating the vomit, the liberals are doing this, not me"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/justinytseng/status/794487067967442944
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/794510024596918272

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cardboard Box A posted:

The point is to deny Trump electoral votes, to show the GOP that if they don't nominate Mormon-acceptable candidates Utah will go third party and the White House will be lost to the GOP faster than ever. It's not close enough to throw it to the house, although that fiction is the fig leaf he maintains for his run.

Yeah, I get that, I was just referring to angry conservatives who are mad McMuffin might "throw this election to Hillary". That is impossible.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

"my lizard brain was forced to vote for trump bcuz obama didnt do the right thing and let romney be prez"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

they just need to stick to what third world populists do, showy displays of economic populism that are actually insignificant and ineffectual, while actually privatizing everything behind the scenes for big kickbacks. its the true future of capitalism

its almost trivial to reconcile gopstyle market poo poo w populism: social programs funneled thru private entities

Obamacare instead of the nhs is their fuckin dream situation and theyd have jumped at it if it werent the signature program of a GOVERNMENT NNNNNIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

does mcmuffin hafe a slogane? it should be "make mine mcmullin!"

i accept paypal

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Mr. Pumroy posted:

"actually its liberals fault that im making GBS threads and pissing my own drat pants, its liberals fault that im vomiting, then cupping my vomit in both hands, and eating the vomit, the liberals are doing this, not me"

GOP is the party of personal responsibility, you see

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67a5FTa1U1A

foxy boxing babe
Jan 17, 2010

LOL NPR just now. An old lady said " trump speaks his mind and I can appreciate that. But sometimes I wish he would just keep some things to himself." The American electorate folks

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Mr. Pumroy posted:

does mcmuffin hafe a slogane? it should be "make mine mcmullin!"

i accept paypal

its like I Stand with McMuffin which is fittingly bland and nothingburger

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

"mcmullin: a legally valid option, in most states"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

deathbysnusnu posted:

So what are you guys doing for election night? I'm going to Drakes in Louisville KY which is a super fratty bar with giant beer towers. I'll be drinking tears and three floyds all night.

I am either sitting at home with 20 windows open or going to an NPR station and watching the excitement there.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Next-Gen posted:

i bet the main point is that this is actually the start of the creation of the space mormons from the expanse and we are officially in that timeline

are the space Mormons the martians? I can't remember but I'll join whoever gives me a sweet space uniform

come to think of it Hilary is way more likely to give out space uniforms considering her space dictator fashion so I should've voted for her instead of Trump

drat.i hosed up

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

but really the only good slogan for him is courtesy h5n1 pbuh

trumps campaign is mia, so im votin for the mormon from the cia

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ya its old timey and vapid mormons would love it

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The best part of Eichenwald's RUSSIA! summary:
https://twitter.com/cheeseheadlucy/status/794501256282783744
Vlad assumed that attacking a gold star family would be an instant disqualification, Reince Ryan proved him wrong.

Welcome to the Republican Party!

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Well, I mean the Democrats nominated and elected Obama, and for some reason 8 years later the Republican Party is filled to the brim with authoritarian bootlicking racists, so clearly it was their fault all along

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

maybe they shouldn't wear a loving maga hat and wolf shirt to job interviews

I went to the local medical complex in this here downscale community to get some bloodwork. The young lady (sic) taking my blood was wearing a black t-shirt with a combat rifle on it, something something 2nd amendment solution poo poo. I asked her if she saw a lot of gun-inflicted wounds in there and her answer was that it would be a lot more interesting if they did.

Hey Now THAT'S deplorable.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Baloogan posted:

drudge has the employment figures in red as though they are bad :/
<5% unemployment is chill as gently caress, and prob lower than it should be!

obama that ursurper is actually okay on economy especially compared to bush lol

Would be awesome if the GOP became the full employment party.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

replace "mormon" w "virgin" or "romneyite" for different regions of this gr8 nation

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
i know it's a bit weird because it's early and im at work, but i could really go for a PIZZA with extra CHEESE right now. Maybe with a side of PASTA and APRICOTS

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

euphronius posted:

Would be awesome if the GOP became the full employment party.

theyre gonna go to pro union, ditch the rich people and become the party of the white working class and it's gonna be amazing

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Hell yeah

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Cubey posted:

bottle of eagle rare bourbon in my hand, fox news on my tv and bill mitchell's twitter on my phone

loving same

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

a fleshy snood posted:

i know it's a bit weird because it's early and im at work, but i could really go for a PIZZA with extra CHEESE right now. Maybe with a side of PASTA and APRICOTS

:stonk:

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Hahaha. This is my new favorite redirection. Previously, it was the one about the ranked-choice voting referendum in Maine, and how conservatives were panning it by saying, "It's all these liberals just mad about how Paul LePage got elected!" Yes, assholes. Yes it is, but nice try trying to steer away from something and turning directly into it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/794500006388658176
Let's see, one campaign had a disabled speaker at its convention, and the other did not. One gave a policy speech on helping disabled Americans; the other mocked one.

BUT OF COURSE BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME :downs:

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
dunelb plemp is going to be president

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

I googled Ralston's name the other day and the first whole page of results was berniebro links, they apparently HAATE the dude because of some reporting he did on that Nevada primary fiasco

I think there must be a Macedonian town somewhere devoted to sites generating fake Bernie stories because I saw tons of ridiculous links late in the primary from sources I have never heard of

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/socarolinesays/status/794521243500347393

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Cardboard Box A posted:

The best part of Eichenwald's RUSSIA! summary:
https://twitter.com/cheeseheadlucy/status/794501256282783744
Vlad assumed that attacking a gold star family would be an instant disqualification, Reince Ryan proved him wrong.

Welcome to the Republican Party!

Well, I mean the Democrats nominated and elected Obama, and for some reason 8 years later the Republican Party is filled to the brim with authoritarian bootlicking racists, so clearly it was their fault all along

LOL

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey job numbers were good :unsmith:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bunleigh posted:

I think there must be a Macedonian town somewhere devoted to sites generating fake Bernie stories because I saw tons of ridiculous links late in the primary from sources I have never heard of

lol

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/JaxAlemany/status/794500006388658176
Let's see, one campaign had a disabled speaker at its convention, and the other did not. One gave a policy speech on helping disabled Americans; the other mocked one.

BUT OF COURSE BOTH SIDES ARE THE SAME :downs:

God our media stinks.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

all bernie bros were actually kgb operatives. sad, but true

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

drudge has the employment figures in red as though they are bad :/
<5% unemployment is chill as gently caress, and prob lower than it should be!

obama that ursurper is actually okay on economy especially compared to bush lol

and now one of their big headlines is "94,609,000 NOT IN LABOR FORCE"

which is a creative way to spin it, i gotta admit

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Mr. Pumroy posted:

"my lizard brain was forced to vote for trump bcuz obama didnt do the right thing and let romney be prez"

like it is so intensely frustrating that even the #nevertrumps see everything the dems ever said about them proven 100% accurate and then blame them for it anyway

I want to push these people down and rub dirt in their eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

fart blood posted:

Hey job numbers were good :unsmith:

trump is the greatest jobs president in history so great hes not even president and the jobs are rollin in

• Locked thread