Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
As zarya just play semi-passively till you build around 60+ charge, wait for self bubble to come off cooldown then go murder a couple guys and run back to your team to heal and recharge. Rinse repeat till the enemy breaks over your mighty russian knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://fat.gfycat.com/ShockingBoldGreatdane.webm

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Smiles posted:

I'm glad for Ana cause playing medic in TF2 was super boring and with her I can scratch my sniper itch and help my team not die too

crusaders crossbow

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

give ana the ubersaw and also random crits

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I think Lucio is crazy fun but whenever I play him with my friends we are guaranteed to lose

Lucio is great on those maps where you can boop people off the map and really contribute to killing the other team. But on maps like Kingsrow you are so ineffectual with your crappy gun.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
gently caress ana, if only because I can't kill her as roadhog. It's ridiculous and I blame the chain "bug" thing in its entirety.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Squiggles Unite posted:

As zarya just play semi-passively till you build around 60+ charge, wait for self bubble to come off cooldown then go murder a couple guys and run back to your team to heal and recharge. Rinse repeat till the enemy breaks over your mighty russian knees.

Bubble someone as they are getting charged by a Reinhardt, then help the teammate take him out. Its especially satisfying if the teammate is a squishy like Lucio as you know you denied the Reinhardt a sure kill. Also bubbling a diving Winston is great too, if he puts down his bubble you can make a great killing team in that zone. Use your primary fire (the solid beam) when ever you are in range, as it does more damage then the grenade launcher, but don't be afraid to nade a fleeing gengi as small quick characters can be hard to hit with your narrow beam.

She is also amazing at setting up other character ultimate's. You can even launch it right after your teammate launches theirs. It means giving your teammates PoTG, but you shouldn't be concerned about that.

Squiggles Unite
May 29, 2014
To add to that, using your projected shield to help some characters get off their ults is extremely powerful. Helping pharah, reaper, mccree, anyone that gets ana boosted, get their ult off and survive (or not get cced) is beneficial not only to them but also a really good way to get charge.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Another guy on my team with a blatant smurf account said that he has loads of money because he's a pro player and makes money from Overwatch. :11tea:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Another guy on my team with a blatant smurf account said that he has loads of money because he's a pro player and makes money from Overwatch. :11tea:

Impossible for several reasons, namely and most importantly there are no professional overwatch players

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

IronicDongz posted:

it's worse because of hero stacking

I'm afraid that is what makes it good & fun. That and games taking less than 10 mins. FFS comp is terribly boring =/

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

kender posted:

I don't remember any, but Lassiz had one running on his stream that was basically
"Find the team moron. He is your friend. Bubble him when he is stupid. Melt things"

I found that you need to identify two morons - your moron and the enemy teams moron.

What if you have more than 1 moron though?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Zarya is a super strong hero that rewards good positioning. Her beam stretches pretty far when you're charged and being able to disengage to regen your 200 shield is important. Zarya is hard to kill and more than most heroes is punished by dying, as you lose your charge. You'll outlast people if you keep then at optimum range and use your bubble well.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Away all Goats posted:

Lucio is great on those maps where you can boop people off the map and really contribute to killing the other team. But on maps like Kingsrow you are so ineffectual with your crappy gun.

Lucio is great on every map. Speed boost is one of the best abilities in the game.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
The biggest part of Zarya is knowing when to fall back and regroup. Once you see your shield's going to go, duck out and hang around the periphery barfing grenades onto everyone and come back once you've regenerated and your bubbles are off cooldown. Become a 600hp roadblock that the enemy team has to deal with every 10 seconds, barfing out laser death the entire time. They'll break before you do. Russia Stronk.

Also Zarya synergises really well with Mei, Roadhog and Reaper. Mei in particular becomes a gargantuan pain in the dick, because whoever she's going for has to blow through 200hp of bubble before they can even try to stop her freezing them, and if they succeed they've given you 50% charge with which to laser their loving faces off.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I hate how you can't skip through the million loving slow as balls ranked screens by clicking through. I also find it weird that every game of competitive I play, the MMR is balanced but one team inevitably has 4-5 people with level 300+ and the other team is 4-5 people less than level 100. And mysteriously the team with more experienced players seems to win 90% of the time. So you can predict the win/loss of a game 90% of the time off the bat just based on that, which seems retarded.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Someone else should confirm but the second the "match complete" message drops you're free to leave the game and skip the ranking screens that way.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Zarya tip: Bubble your allies when they get hooked by Roadhog.

And lower your mouse sensitivity. This thread recommended it and it works wonders.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Jeza posted:

I hate how you can't skip through the million loving slow as balls ranked screens by clicking through. I also find it weird that every game of competitive I play, the MMR is balanced but one team inevitably has 4-5 people with level 300+ and the other team is 4-5 people less than level 100. And mysteriously the team with more experienced players seems to win 90% of the time. So you can predict the win/loss of a game 90% of the time off the bat just based on that, which seems retarded.

I find the best indicator of a losing team is the one that has the Hanzo+Widow+Reaper combo. Sprinkle in Genji for more flanking and D.Va as the only tank and you have half of my quick-play games.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Disgusting Coward posted:

The biggest part of Zarya is knowing when to fall back and regroup. Once you see your shield's going to go, duck out and hang around the periphery barfing grenades onto everyone and come back once you've regenerated and your bubbles are off cooldown. Become a 600hp roadblock that the enemy team has to deal with every 10 seconds, barfing out laser death the entire time. They'll break before you do. Russia Stronk.

Also Zarya synergises really well with Mei, Roadhog and Reaper. Mei in particular becomes a gargantuan pain in the dick, because whoever she's going for has to blow through 200hp of bubble before they can even try to stop her freezing them, and if they succeed they've given you 50% charge with which to laser their loving faces off.

Zarya works good defending against Mei's Ult as well. Her bubble stops the slowing effect even if its already starting to happen, and you can run out of the radius of the attack to safety. You can bubble a teammate too, who can help protect anyone that's frozen. Its also fun to gravaton surge a enemy Zarya right after she did the same to you. So both teams end up in a big clump in effectively shooting at each other. Added bonus points if both team's D.Va Ult then too. (actually happened)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Tender Bender posted:

Zarya tip: Bubble your allies when they get hooked by Roadhog.

And lower your mouse sensitivity. This thread recommended it and it works wonders.

Mercy tip: damage boost your team's hog when he hooks someone. :getin:

Idia
Apr 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

Shear Modulus posted:

"Healer character" is a recipe for being boring as poo poo unless you get to do something engaging like precision aiming (ie actually playing an FPS) or spending the whole game wallriding all over the place/trying to set up the perfect Reinhardt boop while you let the healing go on autopilot.

Mercy is super boring to play as and isn't even good anymore. They should make her able to actually fly instead of just snapping to allies.

You don't use any of these healer characters well enough. You need to do more than environmental kills as Lucio. You should be killing people with your team. I've gotten cards for objective elims with him as well as silver/bronze medals with teams that win.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Cowcaster posted:

Someone else should confirm but the second the "match complete" message drops you're free to leave the game and skip the ranking screens that way.

I think that changed in season 2.

Season 1 was designed for best of 5 rounds. The win/defeat message popped up over the final score and meant it was safe to leave. Blizzard were sloppy when they removed sudden death for season 2 and allowed for matches to end early. The match wants to go more rounds if it stops at only 2, and the win/defeat message pops up as you transition from the score screen back into the map where everything is in slow-mo. I think it's safe to leave at that point, but if you want to play it safe you wait for the POTG intro since that's a clear cut from the match. KOTH are safe to leave at the win/defeat since they still use the regular BO5 system.

This is based on when I've seen "xxx has left the match" messages. I'm wrong if there's a delay before they're posted to chat.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 4, 2016

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks everyone for the Zarya tips, lots of useful info! together we are strong

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

I am not good at the game but okay. I feel like I am carrying people every match - Lucio that never heals, DVA who shoots at Pharah raining justice instead of nullifying it, and Reinhardt that charges on cooldown.

I am a gold player. :shepicide:

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

This is a good game to play on consoles.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Mo_Steel posted:

If this should go elsewhere let me know, cross-posting from the Blizz tech forums in hopes of finding a fix to my connection issues:

For weeks if not months now I've been experiencing connection issues while playing Overwatch that cause warping and stuttering in game. I have tried: resetting my wireless router, cable modem, PC; reinstalling / updating drivers for wireless NIC on my PC and firmware on the router; flushed my DNS and confirmed it was not set to something strange; disabled all non-Microsoft services at startup and all other startup programs; closed all other applications; made sure no QoS was set on my access point (Archer C7, doesn't have options for QoS, no bandwidth limits set).

I left PingPlotter running while playing and also ran tests using Battle.net LookingGlass to the U.S. Overwatch server multiple times during a couple matches tonight:

I also have a video of the netgraph while sitting in the shooting range area from about an hour or two later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjFkxK6RPs

Help would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I'll be stuck playing Mercy in Competitive (this may be a positive for the teams I play with as my aim is not good.)

e: Removed the table breaking code blocks, shows basically the same thing as the pingplotter image.

VVV :( It's Comcast or DSL, and this problem doesn't seem prevalent in other shooters / games.

Have you tried port forwarding the appropriate Overwatch ports? I'm not great at network issues, but it really helped my connection. I would often get ping spikes up to the 200s, random disconnects, hardcore rubber banding, etc. Then I forwarded ports and it's down to 40ms ping stable with none of the issues.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Donnerberg posted:

I think that changed in season 2.

Season 1 was designed for best of 5 rounds. The win/defeat message popped up over the final score and meant it was safe to leave. Blizzard were sloppy when they removed sudden death for season 2 and allowed for matches to end early. The match wants to go more rounds if it stops at only 2, and the win/defeat message pops up as you transition from the score screen back into the map where everything is in slow-mo. I think it's safe to leave at that point, but if you want to play it safe you wait for the POTG intro since that's a clear cut from the match. KOTH are safe to leave at the win/defeat since they still use the regular BO5 system.

This is based on when I've seen "xxx has left the match" messages. I'm wrong if there's a delay before they're posted to chat.

No, you can leave as soon as the match is over, you don't have to watch the POTG or see the cards screen or any of the subsequent poo poo.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

You have to wait until VICTORY or DEFEAT comes up

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Still, the hero picks + setup time + scorecards between rounds + more hero picks + more setup time + requeue is a LOT of downtime per comp match. I've been playing some rocket league and I'm amazed how quickly you're back in a match after a round. And you don't spend time ingame running back from spawn either.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
So am I correct in that we're going to see Sombra + other new stuff this afternoon?

The website says 1330 PDT for the Overwatch panel.

Thor-Stryker fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 4, 2016

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

La Sombra 3d face reveal

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Please don't post pieces of the ARG puzzle in this thread, thanks.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

junan_paalla posted:

Still, the hero picks + setup time + scorecards between rounds + more hero picks + more setup time + requeue is a LOT of downtime per comp match. I've been playing some rocket league and I'm amazed how quickly you're back in a match after a round. And you don't spend time ingame running back from spawn either.

It's less time than in QP though, since you have less time in queue/in end-of-game fluff screens.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

MinibarMatchman posted:

La Sombra 3d face reveal

:chloe:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Ariana Grande here we come.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

La Sombra 3d face reveal

Cool Borderlands 2 character

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

strong bird posted:

Cool Borderlands 2 character

Is there even one overwatch character who would look out of place in borderlands?

TheMaskedUgly fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 4, 2016

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

MinibarMatchman posted:

La Sombra 3d face reveal

Looking forward to seeing this face in every match!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahaha